Author Topic: Question-Game  (Read 11118 times)

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
Antw:Question-Game
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 06:12:26 »
I think that now I can not find the video. Only trailer.

But I really was impressed by the last of the play "Coriolanus".  Mother of Caius Marcius - Volumnia ... no character never caused me so much negative emotions. Stunning actress - Deborah Findlay.

At the end of the play, when she tries to persuade Coriolanus not to attack Rome cost of his own life ... Even vile and stupid tribunes of the People did not cause me such a negative, as this woman. And earlier, when she was waiting for the glory of her son when she forces him to step over their own pride, and when she makes him change his essence ...

And... the same.
“I'm no crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” Cheshire Cat

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:02 »
It was hard but... in my case that would be this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCykGDEp7M

and especially this part of the lyrics:

Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit
Sometimes I just wanna hide 'cause it's you I miss
And it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this, ooh

Would you tell me I was wrong? Would you help me understand?
Are you looking down upon me? Are you proud of who I am?
There's nothing I wouldn't do to have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

Oh, I'm sorry for blaming you
For everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself, oh

If I had just one more day
I would tell you how much that I've missed you
Since you've been away

Same question...
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 19:47:13 »
My first serious favorite book was The Lord Of The Rings, there were many moments there that touched me. For example the scene when Sam, who was not a warrior but the gardener, defeated the monster who attacked Frodo. For me it's not about battle and action, it's about how he did such a thing, an impossible thing, out of love and loyalty to his friend. This scene always touched me. Here's just an extract from it, (and it's from the book, not the movie).

"Frodo was lying face upward on the ground and the monster was bending over him, so intent upon her victim that she took no heed of Sam and his cries, until he was close at hand. As he rushed up he saw that Frodo was already bound in cords, wound about him from ankle to shoulder, and the monster with her great forelegs was beginning half to lift, half to drag his body away.
On the near side of him lay, gleaming on the ground, his elven blade, where it had fallen useless from his grasp. Sam did not wait to wonder what was to be done, or whether he was brave, or loyal, or filled with rage. He sprang forward with a yell, and seized his master's sword in his left hand. Then he charged. No onslaught more fierce was ever seen in the savage world of beasts; where some desperate small creature armed with little teeth alone, will spring upon a tower of horn and hide that stands above its fallen mate."

The questions is.... your favorite book when you were a child and why

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 21:36:48 »
Oh, Julia, I do love this book, too!

My answer is:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
and
Through the Looking-glass and What Alice Found There
By Lewis Carroll.

Well, actually, maybe I loved the former a bit - just a very small bit - more than the latter.
I can't remember how old I was, or on what particular occasion I was given this very book. But I do remember that it was strange and differed a lot from all the books which I had possessed.
It was strange from the very first page. The matter is, that edition was with foot-notes, with explanations of various things, such as, for example, giving texts of original verses Lewis Carroll played with, showing the original parts when literal translation was impossible, telling some traditions in Endland of the XIXth century, etc. For me, somewhere about my first classes at school, it was a great discovery.
Apart from the stories themselves, which enthralled me, took me to the land of my dreams, I came to possess the treasure, belonging to another, "adult" world. It was like diving to an unexplored depth, where you can see a lot, understand little, but long to know everything  :)
From my description you may guess that I loved the book more than the stories in it... But no, it's not like that. I may easily call myself a "fan" of these stories, 'cause I read and re-read them numerous times, and they are among my favourite ones even now.
By writing all this I just tried to name the complex of reasons which made this book a real world of magic for me.

Question: What field of art (I mean literature, music, paintings etc.) is more to your liking, is easier for you to comprehend? And explain it - even if in a few words, please.
... nothing ever comes of nothing - we pay a price for all our choices made © Sean Brennan

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 14:57:30 »
Music!!
Music is the greatest gift from God to humans. You can't touch it, or see it but just by listen, it can touch and move every fiber of your being, it can embrace your heart in a way that it's impossible to explain.
For me, it is not even a matter of comprehension, when you learn to feel music, to really love it, it can save you in so many ways, like no one or nothing else can do it. A single tone can bring you so many things, memories, persons, everything.
The beauty of music, the sound of every instrument is just divine!
As I always say, music is the only tangible miracle that we, humans, have.

So, I would like to know, what means music for you?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 14:59:59 by NuWoLa »
Ich warte auf dich! 

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2014, 12:41:25 »
For me music is one of the most important things, although I am a listener and not a musician. Music can be so various, it can calm you, it can make you feel understood when you see that this piece of music is about your state of mind and emotions, it can touch you to tears or it can give you a kick, or be like a battery and give you energy.
Don't know how people can live without this wonder, but many people are doing just fine... it's weird for me.
I don't mean I am listening to it non-stop, no, but music definitely takes a very important place in my world.

What do you think about people in general? Can you say that you love or like people in general?

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2014, 21:13:53 »
Today, after reading this very question, I was looking through the topic "Photogame: fulfill a wish" and saw Ekaterina's favourite book, "The Master and Margarita", and it reminded me at once of Ieshua Ga-Nocri, who addressed anyone with the words "good man". Alas! I can't claim to follow his advice at all. I'm not a humanist. I'm not the one who ever has a chance of becoming a sister of mercy, for example. I don't love all people. I just mistrust them.
Yet I'm no misanthrope. I do not hate mankind, I do not shun them. I just mistrust them.
According to all I've said above, it may seem a paradox, yet still I am the one who communicates easily with those I come across. With all those I meet in my life, with just a minor exception, I behave myself like a pleasant person, yet careful. The barrier is rather easy to overcome, though.
In such a way I often find mates, and sometimes even friends.
But real friends are rare.
I've got just a few of them.
And to them I'm a humanist to my very core.  :)

My question may seem too personal. Yet still, it's just a game. Is it easy for you to forgive?
... nothing ever comes of nothing - we pay a price for all our choices made © Sean Brennan

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
  • DAS HERZ IST MIR MEIN KOMPASS...
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 06:23:07 »
It depends how big is the reason to forgive, if it's a simple situation I can forgive, but if it's a terrible reason, it's very hard to me to forgive. The person needs to prove and to show me that he/she will never do the same thing again. And when a person hurts your feeling is almost impossible to forgive him/her because he/she broke the trust that existed once and is always very hard to get back this trust. Our dear Anne Nurmi also says in "Not Every Pain Hurts" that "when we have to will we learn to forgive and to forget" but I think that if I really have to forgive is because I will really forget and that's why for me it's difficult to forgive, there is somethings that are not easy to forget.
I am an example about it, I have many sorrow inside my heart that a person that used to be the "love of my life" suddenly didn't love me anymore and did somethings very cruel and horrible to me and I just can't forget what he did, so I think I will never forget and forgive him. That's is also an example of a "terrible reason" that I already said before and now I know that is not easy to me to forgive what happened in the past between us.
So yes, is very hard to me to forgive, specially personal facts in my own life.  :-\

Question: What do you think of traveling?
Lacrimaniacos Brazilian Fanclub Coordinator - http://lacrimaniacos.webs.com

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 09:50:02 »
I love traveling! It's so fascinating to see new places, whether these are cities, ruins, or just nature of another country. It makes me feel alive! I used to take organized tours or simply travel with friends, and both are awesome to me. The only minus is that it costs money ;D

Do you get angry easily and what can make you angry?

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2014, 19:39:00 »
Yes. And no.  :)

I'm a very, very emotional person. Sometimes even a mere trifle can irritate me. But, knowing my own character, I always try not to burst but to turn everything unto a joke.
But what I really hate is when someone plays "a double play", when in conversation with me one shows his "true, sincere" friendship, but tells strange things behind my back. I become really enraged when I learn about this. In such cases I don't even try to find the reasons. I just forget about such a person, I stop noticing him/her at all.
And I must confess that such an offence is very hard for me to overcome.

Question.

Once I read a short story "The Fun They Had" by Isaak Asimov. The story starts with a phrase one girl wrote in her diary: "Today, Tommy found a real book!"
The story, naturally, takes place in the future, in the world of computers and mechanical teachers.
The paper book was something strange and funny for those children.
That's not the main question of the story, yet it made me wonder...
Are there any difference for you between a paper book and an electronic one? And why?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 19:41:02 by Sunny »

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 12:34:03 »
The difference of course is obvious. I love paper books, but it is inconvenient to travel . And in other situations.
And only one paper book . At its e-book can choose from 5,000 books.
But such diversity can never replace the smell of paper and the rustle of pages.
Comfort or feelings? Mind chooses convenience , but the soul ...

Now I only buy books that deserve it and I know it is absolutely accurate.
If I just want to read, I am downloading.
But I will never part with my paper books, because sometimes it is nice to read something on paper.  :)

Were you able to realize childhood dreams? What do you dream? And what now?
“I'm no crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” Cheshire Cat

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2014, 12:59:22 »
In childhood I didn't have any particular dreams, I didn't dream of any profession or something like this... I wanted to become adult ;D So that I could make my own choices... I felt, that I was living in a very small world and I knew that the bid world is out there. I wanted to overcome these borders... I think it happened.

What was your first favorite band in your life?

godgott Offline 00

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2014, 17:46:43 »
Hmmm... Lacrimosa was later... Marilyn Manson was later...
I think that Rammstein.

What name had Your first friend?
Tańczący Trumniarz...

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 19:33:07 »
Olga. And our friendship lasts to this very day.  :)
(Sorry, a bit entangled in languages. Am I correct in guessing that the question is about friendship?)

Question: What holiday is the most dear to your heart?

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2014, 21:26:47 »
It's the New Year, because it's the only holiday that brought me the feeling of expectation of wonder when I was little.

What was (or is) your attitude to school - did you love going to school or hate it? Or inbetween? And why? :)