Author Topic: Share your best of 2013  (Read 2817 times)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
Share your best of 2013
« on: December 17, 2013, 21:33:49 »
Just now after posting best album i heard, one theme came to my mind...2013 coming to and end, come and post your best of 2013!

what are the...
Best album you heard?
Best moments you experienced ?
Best people you know this year?
Best thing(things) happened to you?

ok doesn't have to be best, you could share worst things, but worst means it will only get better!  ;D

(btw i like that smiley lol)
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
Antw:Share your best of 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 22:23:44 »
firstie..

1. best album this year

Helium Vola's Wohin? , it's out on feb 2013, i bought it immediately and like "indicator" was released, i have been listening to it throughout summer and till now. also the title described my situation very well

2. best artist i discovered this year
Julian Rosefeldt
in october 2013 i found out this artist by chance, i went to exhibition and forgot the underground floor, then i returned and checked though the videos and one of them fascinated me, it's stunned man from Julian Rosefeldt

and i watch it over and over again i feel like psycho now >_>

3. best concert i had in 2013
since there's no upcoming plans...i think Lacrimosa@WGT was the best i have seen this year
totally enjoyed it
Lacrimosa live @WGT 2013

THE concert...

4. best reunion:
that's beginning and end of this year, meeting Anastasia for twice  ;D

5. best moment
it's hard! now i can't decide between whether it's in april i made trip back to china to see lacrimosa, or in summer  my internship in mainz where i learned a lot
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 22:25:30 by LUSha »

Lorena_89 Offline ar

• Forenguru
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:31:45 »
GREAT topic, here my answers:

Best album you heard?

COLOURS IN THE DARK by Tarja Turunen.
It's the best album I have heard in my WHOLE life, I just can't describe the way it touches my soul, no doubts Tarja will always be my angel of music

My 'CITD' boxset:

A lot of moments were amazing, I've been at a few concerts so I can say; when I met for the 1st time after many years following the band; Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil ♥ - After meeting Cristina and the rest of the band, I was invited by my angel of music, Tarja, to one of her amazing acustic set at a radio, after that the meeting was... so emotional. And then moments with friends are always amazing. Here the pics:

Ft Cristina Scabbia:

Ft Tarja Turunen:

Moments with friends:

in the next one, one of those shadows is my best friend in the world =) :

Actually I didn't meet 'new people' but I have been more 'in touch' with some people, for example I found a few amazing girls in this forum and I've been in a close touch what's really cool, then well I've 'known' many good people and artists (maybe I already knew them but we are in touch again) for example; VK Lynne, Lindsay Schoolcraft, Lori Lewis, Su Elhers, Dianne van Giersbergen, Lisa Middelhauve, and many others. I am really happy as well ^^

Best thing( things) happened to you?

FRIENDS, CONCERTS, METAL, METAL AND MORE METAL!

★ Leave a trail of Magick wherever you go! ★

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 21:47:46 »
1) Best album I've heard - this year didn't bring me any big new musical discoveries, but here are a couple of new things I've enjoyed

(I have to confess i still dislike the second cover -___-)

If we talk not only about albums released in 2013, and if we don't mention Lacrimosa, then I enjoyed Unheilig, XIII Stoleti, Eisbrecher...

2) Best moments I've experienced - Lacri-concerts of course!
Lacrimosa - Copycat - Moskau, Russland, 29.03

3) Best people I got to know this year - it's Anastasia with whom I was very lucky to travel!
And also there are a number of other people whom I already knew but was glad to get to know better!

4) best thing happened to me - spending such a wonderful time in Poland on Castle Party with friends and during this travel in general.

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 23:49:27 »
Thank you for sharing these moments! that's also interesting for me to know, what was important or interesting for you in this year  ;)

(and how come i forgot poetica from this year...but i sill choose Wohin?)  ;)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 04:07:37 »
Somehow I think for me it is a bit too early to sum up this year yet, but  :D It is way too tempting to sit down and think about what took place this year...

Best album you heard?
Oh, well... sure this one and not only because I'm fond of trees  :D ;)

But if I was asked to name a song, I would have said it is Say Something by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera. I can relate to it so much! Such a great impression I had only a few years ago with Rihanna and Eminem's Just gonna stand there and watch me burn... Here is a link to the youtube video:
A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera - Say Something

Now, this one is hard, because this year took much and gave much to me... I think when I finally saw Lacrimosa and talked to Tilo in person, even though I was too perplexed to even introduce myself :D Oh maybe when I won my grant? Or maybe it was in the summer, when I taught to school students maths and physics and learned many...different things about people I knew before? When I changed my job? Oh it was a few months back from now, when I was so desperate that I had to stop and think over what I really want from my life and stop eluding and running from what I feel? I don't know... I think it is yet to come: I go to Moscow pretty soon, I will see new things, talk to a friend... But this year was great - albeit painful - but it was great.

Well, a student at the summer school I taught to, she was strong no matter how pressing and not listening her parents are... And then a professor that came over here and I was asked to translate for, he gave me a feeling of what I... well, let's say that my unwinding back to myself started from the second day of just communicating with him. He is a great, calm and kind man I'm really happy to get to know. I won't say Ghost, because somehow I think I know and I don't know him at the same time, so mentioning him is kinda weird  :D

My self being dug out from the basement of my mind, I think... And then all that jazz: grant, work, achievements, blah blah blah.... it was a long and hard year, but I hope it is a start to something good :)
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 20:42:02 »
Nina...
a +1 to Ludovico Einaudi

;D ;D ;D

planning to go to his concert next year

and so many moments around lacrimosa....

now i just wonder if i should change my best Moment into ...last night
what a refreshing experience....

well anyway this year is not end yet  ;)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 17:21:25 »
Nina...
a +1 to Ludovico Einaudi

;D ;D ;D

planning to go to his concert next year

and so many moments around lacrimosa....

now i just wonder if i should change my best Moment into ...last night
what a refreshing experience....

well anyway this year is not end yet  ;)
I think we can rewrite our stories later on?..  ;) :D
As for Ludovico... I've just checked the dates, he doesn't seem to perform in August, a pity, though he will come to play in Moscow and Saint-Pete in autumn... Living in Siberia has its side effects  :-X :D I'd love to say that I'm planning to go to his concert as well, but it's too distant from now on to make any prediction. And I'm growing really interested in your experience, actually. Maybe we should open another topic?  ;) :D
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:10:27 »
This was my LacriYear, so, guess who will be the protagonist of almost all my "best of the year"  ;D

Best album you heard?
Loud Like Love, I can't stop listening, Placebo is my other love hehe

The moment  when I could look straight into the eyes of these two wonderful persons, I won't forget that experience, never!!!

This bunch of crazy guys! I had such a wonderful time with them and hope to see them in a few days :3 (Arlishan is not in the pic but is also one of them)

Hahahaha ignore my bad use of "paint" xD

Best concert?
Lacrimosa concert!! On April 13, auditorio blackberry, unforgettable!! (The four concerts were incredible but this one, wow!)

Best "random thing"?  ??? ;D
After so many years wishing it, finally I got my Lacritattoo on Anne's birthday!  :P

Fortunately, I can mention many things. This was an excellent year and I thank God for that. I made my dream come true when I met Lacrimosa, but also got a job that I love and the people around me make me feel really comfortable. I'm about to finish my career finally! And everything is calm with family.  And my other family, my dear Lacriwelt, you guys, are here  with me and still sharing our passions, then, everything is fine :)
Ah, and also, we add a new "member" to the family  ;D   

(The new member)  ;D

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:13:38 by NuWoLa »
Ich warte auf dich! 

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 12:43:18 »
@Nina
we need to open new topic  ;) ;) ;)

@NuWuLa
so lovely to see your photos and people's faces full of love!  ;D you have so many impressions with Lacrimosa   ;D

Eiseskälte Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister of correct LacriLyrics and Philosophy
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 17:14:26 »
It's still not too late for answering those questions, is it ? :P
I will answer those and also would like to add some more, hehe^^

Best album you heard?
Tough question, since I neither liked the new CDs by Henke and VNV Nation which were the only re-leases I was really excited about. Now I have to chose from the other (less gothic :P) CDs that were re-leased this year, and I think my choices are:

I really can't decide between them since they are such different styles of music and lyrics. Anyway, I must say that I mainly listened to older CDs this year^^

Best concert 2013?
Definitely Rammstein's concert in Barcelona - sorry Lacrimosa :P

Favorite song for the year?
Morning Glory - I know this song was originally re-leased 2012, but I got my copy in January and didn't know it before, so I would count it to this year, haha^^

Every single moment I spent in Barcelona with my loved Christina in the first half of the year ;-)

Living with my Christina and (though sometimes it appears less good :P) finally studying in the university, hehe^^

Best trip 2013
Since I don't consider my time in Barcelona a trip, considering that I lived there for 6 months, I would say this was my trip to Prague and the Castle Party. Even though it was a very stressing and scary trip sometimes, haha^^
Keeper of Tilo's Free Will ;-)