Author Topic: Movie recommendations  (Read 5912 times)

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
Movie recommendations
« on: December 12, 2013, 11:03:02 »
Hello friends! :)

In this topic you can share your movie recommendations to others. Or you can describe what kind of a movie you would like to watch and ask others to advice you something!

Also we can decide that we want to watch some certain movie during, let's say, a week or two and then we all discuss it here!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:Movie recommendations
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 12:02:45 »
Great topic, Julia!

Forget me not
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431065/
I'd like to recommend a movie I watched quite a long time ago which set my mind to appreciate how fleeting something important can be, and how painful misconceptions and misunderstandings are to the loved ones, and that not everything is in our power, and sometimes those we need the most are met by us late, but no matter how late or unexpected or strange it might be it is still special and important! For me this movie is about appreciation of relationships, people, love and just about how it is important to be there, by the side of people that you need and that need you... But apart from this, the movie is very beautiful, tender and romantic. Achingly beautiful - that is the fittest description...

It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 18:10:27 »
Thank you Nina, for the recommendation!

A movie I always recommend is "Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei", which makes think a lot about society, about how it is constructed, and different ways of making a difference and ...a revolution?. I think it fits, especially in those times of economic struggle and crisis.

†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 15:31:18 »
Thank you for your recommendation, Christina! I'll find a way to watch this movie, it seems to be very interesting.

I'd like to recommend a movie I've watched today as a part of the German Films Festival held in my city. It is SPEED: AUF DER SUCHE NACH DER VERLOREN ZEIT

Film website: http://www.speed-derfilm.de/

This movie is about Time. Time has never been more crucial than it seems to be now - all drifting behind the deadlines are considered as somebody worthless. People bitch out on each other out of stress that tough, ever tougher deadlines impose on us. But why it is so? Is there a chance to have more quality time with those you love the most? Is there a way out of this circle? Is there a way that would work for all? The movie tries to find an answer to these questions as the author himself tries to find his way out of this tough system of modern perception of Time by a series of interviews ranging from Time Management Gurus to Bhutan with their Gross Domestic Happiness policy instead of Gross Domestic Product (the infamous GDP). The only real lack this movie has is that there are no interview with economists, so I can't find it to mirror all there is to think of and consider, but then, the author didn't want to make an encyclopedia :) I find it quite timely - sorry for the pun ;) - that this movie crossed my path, and strongly recommend watching it. I do not agree with all ideas introduced there, but these ideas exist here and now, and the people maintaining them have all rights to think so, as well as any watcher is free to make his or her own mind about the issue that plays an increasingly more and more important role in our lives.

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 21:54:08 »
Last days my friend introduced me to a series that everyone have watched except me  ;D It's called Sherlock...
I usually try to resist when someone tries to introduce mo to a series because watching it becomes time-consuming... But I didn't regret this time! I enjoyed this story... It's a modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes stories. Thrilling, not boring, and just 3 episodes in a season ^^ (for me it's a plus, but now after watching I wish there were more...)

Well, in case you haven't watched it yet, and you like Sherlock Holmes type of stories, I recommend ;)

karinapinotti Offline br

• Major Forenfreak
  • Longing is the constant presence of someone absent
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 01:16:06 »
Can anyone recommend me some romantic film?

The film I recommend is this, The Secret Window, I love this movie and I never tire of seeing, it is a thriller, you do not intende nothing until you arrive at the end, but I think it brilliant. 3

The story begins: Mort Rainey (Johnny Depp) is a writer who recently split from his wife after discovering she was cheating, he decides to try to seek tranquility in a cabin near a lake, but a man there begins to appear that torments him accusing him of plagiarism.

This film is inspired by a book of "Stephen King".[/b]

President FanClube - www.lacrimaniacosbrasil.com.br

Selina Offline gr

• Newbee
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 13:51:57 »
can i reccoment an anime? by the way karina i will watch the movie you post soon i hope because i love johny deep and the plot seems interesting!

karinapinotti Offline br

• Major Forenfreak
  • Longing is the constant presence of someone absent
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 15:44:00 »
can i reccoment an anime? by the way karina i will watch the movie you post soon i hope because i love johny deep and the plot seems interesting!

I like this movie very much, and he's a good actor too.
President FanClube - www.lacrimaniacosbrasil.com.br

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 20:44:17 »
I've watched Secret Window, but a long time ago... A good one!
I like movies with Depp...

Selina Offline gr

• Newbee
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 21:16:15 »
I've watched Secret Window, but a long time ago... A good one!
I like movies with Depp...

let me guess: you have seen all the pirates of Caribbean movies?!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 21:21:23 »
let me guess: you have seen all the pirates of Caribbean movies?!

certainly, they are good movies for entertainment, but I prefer Tim Burton movies ;)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 21:36:54 »
...I'm still waiting for your anime recommendation! ;)

Selina Offline gr

• Newbee
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 00:06:50 »
so i can reccoment an anime? cool! i want to put a photo of it but i dont know how to do it

Selina Offline gr

• Newbee
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 15:02:28 »
sorry for the double post but since i cannot put a photo i will just say the anime name and the description:

anime name: MONSTER

plot: Dr. kenzo temna is a young japanese doctor whos working at  Eisler Memorial Hospital in Düsseldorf in 1986 he is very talented and kind person, he got the favor of the hospitals director and is engaged with his daughter. The director takes always advantage of tenmas kidness and talent and forces him to operate only people who have high social status. This tactic makes tenma had enough at some point so he "rebels" against the director when a massacre brings at hospital the identical twins johan and anna libert (the boy is shot in the head and the girl is physical unharmed but she is in shock and cannot interact with the people around her) and after a while the mayor of the town is hospitalized too. the director of course wants Tenma to save the mayors life but tenma operates johan and the mayor died. This action ruins tenmas current life: his fiancee ended their relationship and he loses the directors favor also the directors friends and tenmas colleague turn their backs on him. After this the director and his clique die mysteriously and the twins are no where to be found and the police couldnt find the murderer...9 years later a person related with that case appears in tenmas life and turns his world upside down.

this anime have 75 episodes (each lasts 25 mins so dont freak out) and is all setted in Germany the towns and some locations showed there are real. Its a slow paced but the plot is presented in a way that makes you say: i want to see what happens next now!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 15:16:51 »
Selina, the plot sounds interesting! And I like anime, so maybe I'll take a look when I am in the mood for some anime... ;)

And check your PM, it's about how to post pictures.