Author Topic: Random moments in pictures  (Read 242165 times)

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
Antw:Random moments in pictures
« Reply #2400 on: August 18, 2016, 17:34:58 »
Oooh, what a heart melting cutie!!!!! <3 Irresistible beauty *___*

Well, with us picking a future (no less than 3-4 years from now, I'm afraid, though I hope for sooner) dog is also a matter of how that dog will behave with kids (since they are also planned in the future)... My personal experience with GSD and especially black ones was superb, but at least my uncle's dogs of that breed were way too much passionate ;D ;D ;D I recall vividly how my uncle's black shepherd smelled a hedgehog in the forest and so ran there with my elder brother dangling behind her, frantically clasping the leash and hoping to stop this steaming hunter XD I'm afraid I won't manage such a dog, and nobody less than me in weight would be able to do that, as well ;D ;D ;D So I totally understand you with looks, but I try to keep closer to earth, as there are quite a lot limitations, first of all in myself, that I'm well aware of XDD though somoyeds... such smiling fluffly fur balls!!! But they are said to be too kind: they will go with anybody anywhere, incl a complete stanger, as they are way too friendly :(

it's all in how you raise them  ;)  just like with children  ;)  i would recommend you having a dog before the baby, so you can fully dedicate your time to him/her, to raise them, teach them, play with them and build a bond of love and trust that not even a baby can break. and i'm begging you in advance, don't let your future kids use the dog as a toy, don't let them sit on him or pull his tail nor anything like it. please! it makes me wanna punch those assholes in the face. true, some dogs don't mind it, but most of them hate these things, and when their limit is crossed, they will snap or bite ...
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2401 on: August 18, 2016, 23:06:57 »
it's all in how you raise them  ;)  just like with children  ;)  i would recommend you having a dog before the baby, so you can fully dedicate your time to him/her, to raise them, teach them, play with them and build a bond of love and trust that not even a baby can break. and i'm begging you in advance, don't let your future kids use the dog as a toy, don't let them sit on him or pull his tail nor anything like it. please! it makes me wanna punch those assholes in the face. true, some dogs don't mind it, but most of them hate these things, and when their limit is crossed, they will snap or bite ...
Sounds legit! I haven't been thinking of that somehow (maybe because it's still too far from now), but yes, I guess we should have a dog ~2 years before babies (I won't manage 2 kids, one fur and one furless at the same time XDDD). As for snapping/biting part...  ;D I'm the child who was bitten! And snapped! Simply when you're a 9 year old or less and you run run run all the time, a black dog lying in a shadowed corridor right on your way is khem... a recipe for getting bitten  ;D ;D ;D ;D she couldn't stand me running on her tail... poor dog...  :-\ ;D But yes, I will try, I promise :))

Just returned from the park with a full moon... so beautiful!

It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2402 on: August 19, 2016, 00:18:19 »
Sounds legit! I haven't been thinking of that somehow (maybe because it's still too far from now), but yes, I guess we should have a dog ~2 years before babies (I won't manage 2 kids, one fur and one furless at the same time XDDD). As for snapping/biting part...  ;D I'm the child who was bitten! And snapped! Simply when you're a 9 year old or less and you run run run all the time, a black dog lying in a shadowed corridor right on your way is khem... a recipe for getting bitten  ;D ;D ;D ;D she couldn't stand me running on her tail... poor dog...  :-\ ;D But yes, I will try, I promise :))

Just returned from the park with a full moon... so beautiful!

one more thing i forgot  ;D  if you're getting your dog as a puppy, give him a habit of someone touching his food while he's eating, just for the sake of your future kids, to avoid snapping and biting. you probably know dogs love to guard their food, because that's their entire purpose in life (apart from humping everything that moves  ;D  ). i will never have kids because i hate these little monsters like nothing else in my life, but i did this with my dog as well. when he was a puppy, i was putting my hands in his food while he was eating. i still do that. and i take a bone from him and give it back after a few seconds. however, i'm sure he's not going to snap at me, but i cannot say it about someone else. because dogs are dogs, and because (as we say here) they have hairy ears (don't know what having hairy ears has to do with their actions and behaviors, but well ... ;D )

anyway, i will try to shut it about dogs now, i sound (and look) obsessed  ;D 

edit: you were bitten? me not once! and i met a lot of dogs, but i mean a lot! well, i was attacked by my dad's dog when i was a year old, but fortunately he didn't manage to bite me
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 00:21:23 by Shadows-In-Twilight »
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2403 on: August 19, 2016, 09:33:26 »
one more thing i forgot  ;D  if you're getting your dog as a puppy, give him a habit of someone touching his food while he's eating, just for the sake of your future kids, to avoid snapping and biting. you probably know dogs love to guard their food, because that's their entire purpose in life (apart from humping everything that moves  ;D  ). i will never have kids because i hate these little monsters like nothing else in my life, but i did this with my dog as well. when he was a puppy, i was putting my hands in his food while he was eating. i still do that. and i take a bone from him and give it back after a few seconds. however, i'm sure he's not going to snap at me, but i cannot say it about someone else. because dogs are dogs, and because (as we say here) they have hairy ears (don't know what having hairy ears has to do with their actions and behaviors, but well ... ;D )

anyway, i will try to shut it about dogs now, i sound (and look) obsessed  ;D 

edit: you were bitten? me not once! and i met a lot of dogs, but i mean a lot! well, i was attacked by my dad's dog when i was a year old, but fortunately he didn't manage to bite me
I love your and your dog's pics!!! And thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind! But as I remember myself, we never tried to get to the dog's food, the dogs were too large, I guess, to get to their bowls))) And yes, I were bitten at least once, on my elbow, but it was a minor bite, more of 'a teaching' one, nobody made a big deal of it, even me)))

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2404 on: August 19, 2016, 11:11:34 »
I love your and your dog's pics!!! And thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind! But as I remember myself, we never tried to get to the dog's food, the dogs were too large, I guess, to get to their bowls))) And yes, I were bitten at least once, on my elbow, but it was a minor bite, more of 'a teaching' one, nobody made a big deal of it, even me)))

yes, because in the past people were thinking in a completely different way about dogs, their behavior and their training. now they know what to do and what not to do because they came to the point of understanding their body language and signals a lot better  :) 

watch this, by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWHLdHroyQ  <3

Fernanda Alves Offline br

• Forenhase
  • Sprechen ist ein täglicher Kampf gegen die Angst..
« Reply #2405 on: August 19, 2016, 14:57:20 »

I always did this. My girls also not get mad when I get closer to their food.
I do the same with the toys, but my oldest one do not allow me to take them. When she could see, she never tried to flee, but she stood at the same place and kept growling. Bad behavior...
My Lola never growled to me. Not even once. But once I gave her a snack, a big and thick stick and she started to run away from me with it. When I get too close of her, I felt she was guarding it from me and I didn't feel safe enough to take it away from her. She was really concerned about a way to get out of the corner and eat it far from everyone. It was this specific snack, so I don't give it to her anymore. She allows me to take all the others back when she don't try to swallow it all.
"This is my sole prayer for blessing your heart"... ♫

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2406 on: August 20, 2016, 09:14:29 »
I always did this. My girls also not get mad when I get closer to their food.
I do the same with the toys, but my oldest one do not allow me to take them. When she could see, she never tried to flee, but she stood at the same place and kept growling. Bad behavior...
My Lola never growled to me. Not even once. But once I gave her a snack, a big and thick stick and she started to run away from me with it. When I get too close of her, I felt she was guarding it from me and I didn't feel safe enough to take it away from her. She was really concerned about a way to get out of the corner and eat it far from everyone. It was this specific snack, so I don't give it to her anymore. She allows me to take all the others back when she don't try to swallow it all.

if your own dog growls at you, you should let her know it's not okay. you're the pack leader, not her  ;)  if a wolf growls at the pack leader, there's a fight between them and one of them usually dies. in their very essence dogs are still (partly) wolves. no matter what positive oriented and force free trainers might tell you, dogs definitely need a leader. and only when you're a 100% leader, the dog is going to subordinate and obey, otherwise he/she will try to lead, teach, train and command you (and this is a very obvious thing they do, especially when they are smart like my boy  ::)  ). so, back to the growling dog - if your own dog growls at you, there's nothing wrong with giving her a slap on her nose or ass. this is something a force free trainer will never tell you to do, but there comes a point when you need to put all the treats and toys away and give the dog a lesson of another kind, for the sake of your own safety, and on first place, the dog's own safety. just an example. two days ago my dog was playing unleashed with another dog behind the block. suddenly a woman appeared, with a bitch in heat, she was also unleashed. before i could react, my boy escaped after her. my blood froze in my veins, there is a road 15 meters away, and this road is NEVER empty, it's always full of cars. they ran quite far, to the skyscraper near out block, but hey, that was more than a 100m, and that's a really long distance, when your dog is unleashed and escaping from you. when i got him, the first thing i did, was by an instinct, not by thinking - i beat the shit out of him. the car could run him over if he turned to the road. after all, someone could call the police that there's an unleashed dog running around, and i'd be f**ked. people were also quickly hiding from them, as they were running. my boy is huge, i would have moved as well if i saw such a dog running towards me, and i am not afraid of any dog ... however, my point is - in this case a treat or a toy wouldn't work, because this only gives him the idea "ah, i did the right thing" and next time he will do it again. that bitch's human was looking at me with her wtf-ed eyes, but what else could i do? call him a "good boy" and give him a treat after he stopped? hell to the no. so, for each growl your girl does at you, you should grab her and give her a slap on her nose, telling her "no!" (force free trainers are also forbidding to use a word "no"). dogs are animals. they don't know what we mean or think, we need to show them what's right and what's wrong as they don't know it, they just behave as they would in the wild. it's all up to us  :)  you can, of course, try a completely force free training, i would love that as well with my boy, and mostly we can do it, but in the cases like i just told you about, this force free method fails 100% ...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:20:34 by Shadows-In-Twilight »

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2407 on: August 21, 2016, 22:31:01 »
Yesterday we've been to one of my fav places in Moscow -- a soviet style cafe 57 (or 59, can't keep in mind...GRRR), it's in GUM, which is on Red Square, so if you happen to be in Moscow -- I strongly encourage you grabbing a bite there XD Some food and a bit of interior:

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2408 on: August 23, 2016, 19:29:31 »
Nina, it looks tasty :)

our good old gold Meda <3

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2409 on: August 29, 2016, 11:54:50 »
And it was!  ;D I saw Meda before, seems like she has grown a bit older since then... thanks for sharing! :)))

Some pics from Istra town (~ 1.5h by train from Moscow) which we visited yesterday:

A dome of the New Jerusalem cathedral

An example of Russian traditional wooden architecture

A swamp

A meadow

And some views on the river which seems to have dwindled a lot in this season

A river spirit looking back at me XDD (joking, of course)

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2410 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:23 »
Meda is turning 10 this october  :)  she grew old, indeed, and her body doesn't function so much well anymore either.  last year she had a surgery, she was so much sick that it looked like she's going to cross the rainbow bridge any second, but lucky for us (and her) she got better. but since then she also became horribly fat. now she can hardly walk. i can see in her eyes she has a lot of energy left, but she cannot run much nor do anything else than walk slowly and lay down  :(  i cannot tell you how terrified i am of the thought that she might leave us soon  :'(

masterchef boyfriend is masterchef  ;D  these are both middle eastern (afghan) dishes  :)  SO tasty!  :P

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2411 on: August 31, 2016, 23:56:03 »
this is not my dog. this is his sister, Enny. she is so beautiful! they had so much fun today  ;D

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2412 on: September 02, 2016, 23:13:25 »
Cool pic of your dog, Klodi! Btw, I miss your pictures of before -- especially your wonderful sceneries and nature views!

Some pics taken today during a walk with my elder brother in Marseille.

A tired grumpy version of me

And far more interesting things:

Old port

with a frigate

with my elder bro under the shed there

A monument in the museum

City centre views

And a metro station :)))

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2413 on: September 02, 2016, 23:34:00 »
Cool pic of your dog, Klodi! Btw, I miss your pictures of before -- especially your wonderful sceneries and nature views!

that's my dog's sister  :) 

i see you're enjoying France already  :)  8)

few days ago

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2414 on: September 03, 2016, 00:49:53 »
that's my dog's sister  :) 

i see you're enjoying France already  :)  8)

few days ago

Ooops, sorry! My bad :( But they both are simply gorgeous :))) I love this sincere &happy smile of your dog! And you seem somewhat sly (but I'm insomniac, so could be wrong). Btw, always a pleasure to your face :)

As for France -- yes, I do. However, I expected it to be harder and more mind blowing, for some unknown reason (but the same was felt by my elder brother, I guess it comes from our general attitude "imagine how you would deal with the worst outcome possible"  ;D ;D ;D ), so yes, I'm enjoying  ;D ;D ;D ;D but that's until our studies began, I guess  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D