Author Topic: Unpleasant answer from Hall of Sermon  (Read 5752 times)

MyleneMaelinhon Offline ua

• Just poppin more
Unpleasant answer from Hall of Sermon
« on: September 03, 2013, 04:35:13 »
Hello world
Wanna share my butthurt.   >:(
Im a writer, working on my 4th book now, and I desided to place a photo of Tilo's hands in it (depending on its main topic). I dont see anything rude in it, so I decided to contact Tilo and simply ask about it. I mean photo and his thoughts about this strange ask.
So, I wrote on HoS email address, which placed in here as a contact "for any questions".
My letter was polite and short. Any asks about personal info or smth.

In 4 days I got a very strange and a bit offensive answer :| Some guy from studio (not Tilo) answered in "bot style", that he wont even pass my ask to Tilo, cause "he doesnt share any personal info about him"... Im sorry... good luck... go to hell with your fan's snots
Means HE himself decided everything about it.
It looked like prepared answer to 1000 letters, which noone read at all.

How the hell should I react on it?... What "intimate and personal" should be in such a photo? Not more intimate than his face.
Of course I can place some other hands there, it will be published in spring anyway. But Im very very piqued about.  :'( Cause that was planned as a kind of respect symbol and smth pleasant. I think every person could feel pleasant if someone devote them a book or its part, isnt it?...
I mean is it normal practice for Lacrimosa, or Im just very "lucky"?...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:42:54 by MyleneMaelinhon »
Who is solitary, will never be abandoned.

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
Antw:Unpleasant answer from Hall of Sermon
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 08:02:18 »
Some guy from studio (not Tilo) answered in "bot style"

That is right, Tilo doesn't answer the emails to HoS,  at least I haven't heard about it, the emails are answered by other HoS workers.

As for the refusal that you got - I from my place won't judge anyone, I don't know their reasons for doing so. (Maybe for example they understood you wrong thinking that you are asking them to make such photo specially for you, I don't know.) It's a pity that your plans are changed that way and you got offended by it...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:04:41 by Asphodel »

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:26:22 »
It's a pity you have no way to ask Tilo, he might have appreciated this great idea, or may be you wish to use an exact photo which has an author who need to be asked too?
Anyways it's their right to decline, or else why do we ask for it. Sorry for your negative experience.
Greetings from St.Pete

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 13:45:02 »
I could borrow you my profile picture, it's Tilo's hand but the rights are mine 8) so you can publish it and give me the credit ;D

No, I am really sorry about this bad experience you were through! I think you should talk directly to Mätze, who is for me the most indicated to this matters, at least I think so, and maybe you don't need to change your plan, that is actually a very well intentioned plan! :) good luck.

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 16:38:40 »
I suppose if your book is going to be published in the spring, you should ask your agent in chief in the publishing house who is responsible for the publication to contact HoS on your behalf, listing his/her and your credentials. Thus it would be more evident for both sides what exactly you want and how HoS can be (if that is possible) of any help. Btw, which publishing house that would be and why it is you, an author, who has to deal with it on your own? Actually it seems exceptional to me, because authors I know were complaining to me that they don't have a final word on the subject of cover or pictures (except professional photographers and painters, of course), because publishing houses have marketing experts who, together with designers, choose the final look of books.

I seems like there is some misunderstanding that should be cleared. I'm sure that HoS workers didn't intend to be offensive. Based on my experience correspondence with HoS is always par excellence, and people working there are always helpful and polite.
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Tajj Offline ru

• Forenhase
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 17:10:15 »
Hello Mylene :)
I'm sorry that you have had these unpleasant moments. Maybe a few words of explanation will help you to not react as tough.

First of all you should not be upset because of no personal response from Tilo Wolff. Tilo never responds personally to any letters, that's true. But that don't mean he does not know about your question. As I know he is always aware of everything that happens in his company  ;)

Second moment: Tilo Wolff really very cares about his private life and he always tries to avoid publishing any private information about him that is not directly related to his music. So I think he could be alarmed of the content of your work. It's not just a fan's photos, isn't it? ;))  And third, as you know, Tilo Wolff is a very religious person and he probably just ddoesn't pprove of the occult disciplines. Possibly it could also be the cause of his ban. In any case, don't take this answer as a personal aggression against you. I'm sure that employees of HoS didn't mean that at all. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 17:19:58 by Tajj »

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 17:37:20 »
Sorry to read about your sorrow... I can't really advice you anything seeing I have no insight in the why...but to stay calm and polite, maybe there truly was a misunderstanding or else you'll really have to accept...you can always verify politely and calm whether there was misunderstanding...know that they get dozens of emails every day, it's probably not always equally easy to deal with the load hence I do think that your publisher might make a more official state... Don't be angry not with Hos nor with Tilo...I beg you :-)
When you can dream it, you can do it!

• Just poppin more
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 17:41:36 »
Hello Mylene,
I am sorry to tell you that the answer is 'no'. Tilo Wolff is not into a project which is not connected with the music and is only about the person himself.
With kind regards
Dominik Regner

*depress* Its strange, cause I got few positive answers from other famous guys.
I have few samples of Tilo's hands, made by me during concerts in my city, but I think I wont use it with no approving.  Anyway, Ill dedicate my book to Tilo. -_____- I mean write a dedication in the beginning.

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 18:27:06 »
Hi, Mylene!

I'm very sorry to read about your sadness! I read the answer you've received...and I think you should try again. The answer is not offensive at all, in my opinion, and maybe you should make your future request more official, giving details about the book and about your intentions. I hope you'll get the answer you are dreaming at, and if not, I hope you'll understand Tilo Wolff's decision. Good luck!
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

• Just poppin more
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 21:25:12 »
A Elena

Thats the answer #2 I got today

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 21:49:46 »
Hello Mylene!
I am so sorry you got a "no" from answer but I think what Nina proponed sounds quite intelligent....you could say to your publising house that they could maybe give a try and ask in your name. Maybe this way is safer for them :).
Good luck!!!!!!!!
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 22:00:03 »
Mylene..even im sorry for your plan...but i think you feel hurted is probably you were not prepared to be rejected...and this reject (actually any reject they make)  should not be taken offensive, they have their concerns, besides every company, big or small have their "Hausordnung....general rules as common sense which staff stick to without having to confirm with boss everytime, I guess it can be the case, and I agree with Nina, your publisher should arrange official contact,  ...and even when you arranged everything they can still say no, they have right to decide what they want what they dont, just like everyone has. So i think they can reject your or my or our requests even without reasons, I don't find it offensive, they have right to say no..
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 00:03:02 »
Hi Mylene!
I'm so sorry to read about this umpleasant answer, I really liked your idea  :) But I think they didn't accept and take it as a personal stuff because you mentioned just Tilo's name and not Lacrimosa... Anyway you should try to get a more official contact as Nina said! Btw, write a dedication to Tilo seems to be a good idea! ;) Don't give up!!! and don't feel sad! I wish you good luck! ;D

Lorena_89 Offline ar

• Forenguru
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 00:35:09 »
Hello Mylene!

Terrible to read the 'no' from HoS people. I will tell you by my own experiences, I'm into P.R & marketing also I've been 'assistant' (I often reply mails in name of some under bands) and also helping with press of my fave singer, but it's just a 'hobby' - People who work in such big companies, are kinda 'pushed' to take all the proposals just if they are presented as formal. It has to be a mail or letter, first introducing yourself, then explaining what you want to do, after you explain that, you should express the aim, and why did you choose Tilo to do that. You have to 'be seen' as a writer, not as a fan. I suggest you, to write again a mail to HoS with the tips we all have given to you, and if you have professional sites on the net, add them on the mail/letter - Press people need to read you're a professional, if you are a fan or not, it's another topic. Don't take their answer as disrespectful, they have to do a though job and even more with an artist like Tilo. Give it a second chance, I'm sure their assistants, didn't get the real meaning of your work. If you need more tips, or whatever, just contact us, we are all to help each other =)
★ Leave a trail of Magick wherever you go! ★

• Just poppin more
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 00:43:41 »
Well, nice thought, but not in my case. I collaborate with publishing house Veligor (Moscow). Im not sure they do such things at all, cause they rarely take part in material picking or smth like that. Their specific of working. They are more helpfull about selling, promoting...

And I think its kind a... disagreeably, to act like that.  Its personal for ME in this case.
I mean, I was always feel very thankfull  to my fav singers and writers,  kind of "warmed" with their art and inspired to my own one. I rarely write such things to celebrities, so, if I though decide to make them know about me and my work, it should be a conversation or, at least, they will read my letter themselves.

Not like if Id want to get some certificate and coldly "ask my lawer to get it", in official tone and words, and "their lawer do it".
If you know what Im trying to say :)

The book is same as your child, in feelings. Its a long and hard work, when you need a power, and inspiration, and after 6-8 monthes, when you finally write the end, you feel REALLY very thankfull to everyone who helped you. To friends, to helpers, to musicians who you were listen to during the work...
So, if you decide to dedicate it somebody, it means you are REALLY grateful to  this person. :) Who dafaq will pass "the child" through some strange guy, who even dont read my letter?
So, if I will make this dedication and use picture in my work, Id like to hear Tilo's own opinion.
Cause may be he will refuse it, its his right, huh?  :) Id accept it anyway

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 00:49:12 by MyleneMaelinhon »