Author Topic: Planet Earth - A scream for help  (Read 12061 times)

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
Antw:Planet Earth - A scream for help
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 12:51:54 »
Not yet that is ... book ... :) I'm greatly thinking of writing one, I studied languages for a reason at this point I haven't been doing anything with it since half a year, I should change it. But still, I understand in a way, there was a time I wouldnt read such topics neither out of the fear to feel helpless, out of the convinced voice inside of me that it's not my task, that I can't change anything... I walked a long way to realise that I CAN change things, if not the entire planet, I can change myself and try to convince those around me to do the same! And THAT is already a big realisation. The fact that 4 people replied here and started thinking about it even offered me their help in my own projects is MORE than I could ever dream off, I thought no reply or interest would be there ... I know it's a difficult issue and that many carry the fixed belief with them that they can't do anything with it. As I said, I don't think it's always a matter of "not caring" I think very often people feel helpless when they come across these topics...practically everyone knows what's happening on this planet but so many have no clue WHAT they could possibly do to change things.

a book? great idea  :)  why not using your language knowledge when it can help you so much with what you want, true that  :)   and maybe someday in the future, a documentary? i mean, i know there are many documentaries to this topic, but one more will do no harm, in my honest opinion. i prefer watching this kind of films than all the shooting and killing and horror ones  ;D  and i do believe that many share this opinion  :) 

Plus indeed that many don't trust organisations, I never did before neither... I never donated to any organisation because I was convinced my money was NEVER used the right way and often just functioned as someone filling their pockets indeed ... because so many organisations make the mistake of sending people on the street collecting members and money... it's one of the things that always teared my belief in these organisations down, the begging ... I did donate to ISF, not right away, I informed myself first, read the website through searched for accomplishments, read/watched interviews and was convinced. Am I an idiote doing so? maybe in the eyes of many but I followed my heart, because they stand for things I believe in, they ACT the way I would do myself if I had the financial means. They have the rigth attitude to my opinion... but that's my business. But yes, many distrust and I think very often it's for the better that they distrust. As I said I was very skeptic about ISF at first as well seeing it's a famous person who set it up... I'm always careful then... but well call it stomach feeling :) you feel it when something or someone inspires you.

you're not an idiot, you did the right thing  :)  i was thinking myself of donating to PETA (i'm quite sure they are truthful and don't fill their own pockets), but unfortunately i can't as long as i don't have a job ...

So better leaving it the way it is? No, I think nothing is impossible when we're collecting and gathering people all over the world. yes it's a challenge and not something that can happen overnight... in fact people all over the world came a whole way already before I became aware but they managed eventually to get me on board... why would it not be possible to even get those 25% convinced in the very end? People are hordes... peer pressure is what we should focus on. If we get the majority to care the rest will follow by itself! Right now it's a matter of swimming against the stream it's fighting the existing peer pressure actually of people convincing others that "we should not care because it doesn't bring anything anyway, who are we to change things" ... but there'll come a time, we're in the middle of it, where we'll get governments to think about change of actually changing and creating with it a new peer pressure... that of caring and doing everything to convince others to care... we're (and I'm truly convinced we can reach this!) going to a reversed situation where those who don't care will be the minority who're fighting against the stream and if we gather our strengths and stay inspired and inspire others we can turn back to nature and make our planet survive. So yes, it is enough, for now ;)

i didn't say it's better leaving it the way it is. if i was thinking that way, i wouldn't have replied here on first place. what i meant was just that no matter how much effort we put in this, we will never manage to convince 100% of population of this world, that's all  :)  otherwise you're thinking in the right direction here, i agree. i'm only a little skeptic  about the governments - are they worth to be trusted? seeing the situation almost entire world is in right now, stealing of money, filling their own pockets, corruption, ... probably they would find a thousand ways more to suck money from people. i mean, already now we have here different garbage boxes to separate on the yard already, and we have to pay monthly if we want the garbage to be taken away, and by paying i mean for every box separate price. the only thing i agree on with all this garbage paying is that inspectors are checking the boxes, people don't even know when, and if the garbage is not separated correctly, you get a bill of 400€ (and more if they catch you dropping it next to the eco-island)  :)  despite that, some people are still dropping everything everywhere, but many more people now think before dropping. is it worth paying 400€ or more just because you don't feel like separating for 3 minutes? ...

anyways, here in Slovenia we have a project once a year, "let's clean Slovenia", and every year more and more people are applying  :)  that indeed gives some hope  :)

i'll write some more later, i should go and make some lunch with my boy  ;D 

edit: just edited the spaces between the paragraphs, lol  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 16:16:16 by Shadows-In-Twilight »
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 15:54:46 »
okee, the lunch is over, the internet is back, so i can continue  ;D 

The only thing that would work is more sanctions when they don't do what they're supposed to. That's why we need active organisations :) and I have a firm belief in it that it WILL work in the long run.

yeah, just what i mentioned before - controlling and inspectors are doing a great job here by giving out the bills to the people who disobey the law and the rules, and maybe the world would need even more than only those few we have by now  :)

I think what you and your family does is a great deal, because it'll make people think even if it's just for one sec! and THAT is the state we're at now, we need to make people aware in some way or another over and over. And we need to do it with a firm belief Klodi :) because otherwise we will destroy ourselves as we destroy our planet...

actually, the planet is going to destroy us by us helping it. just think of all the natural disasters that happened and that still can happen any second. the nature just strikes back, and it doesn't surprise me, because damaged it to the point nothing should ever be damaged ...

ISF described it as such that there IS not difference between us and our planet; the trees ARE our lungs without them there would be no oxygen to breathe, the rivers ARE our blood veins, without water we wouldn't be able to live... cut all the trees and we have no air, pollute all the rivers and we would have no water to drink ... our body exist for 60 % out of water!!! we need it! If we continue the way we do, we make sure that there will be no more generations possible.

that's a beautiful description, and so true. but people don't realize that, especially not those who live in big cities, far away from the woods, fields, ... away from the nature in general. of course i might be wrong, but this is at least my opinion.

That's another prob. you're addressing there indeed... governments try to make people aware for years already that we need to fall back on healthy means of transport ... healthy for ourselves and for our planet... I think nobody really invented the rigth advertisment yet... it's a thing to brainstorm about... many people won't change if it doesn't bring them anything, it's sad and you can be angry about it but let's just face it... it's human and so instead of trying to change THAT, we should just try to anticipate on it ... we have in my town this action "with tinkling bells to the shop" trying to encourage people to move by bike... in each shop, in each public institution even in some of the caffees you get a stamp on a card when you come by bike. You can collect as many stamps/cards as you wish and put them in a box (spread over participating instances) and at the end you can win numerous amounts of prices going from flowers to books, to what do I know :) it works!

indeed it works, people are ready to do anything to get some extra money or discount, haha  ;D  but it's an awesome idea, because no matter what reasons they have to take the bike instead of their car, they took the BIKE  :)  to the advertisements, i noticed here in Ljubljana (our capital; i didn't notice that in my hometown nor any other town in my country), there are quite many USEFUL posters hanging around, saying "the bike makes me tired, i'll take the car instead" or "the bus is so boring, let's go by car". and also, they took care of the suitable amount of bikes in the town  :)  there are many bike stations around, you pay for the bike (myeah, paying ... but it's not expensive, as far as i've heard) and you can have it all day, depends on how much you payed, and in the evening you leave it back at one of the stations  :)  i find it a clever solution to reduce the car traffic, and it's also healthy, and definitely cheaper than filling the car with a benzine twice a week  ;D 

mmm it's a sad sad thing... and it'll only go further if we don't do everything that lies within our own power... each voice count, everyone counts! Only when we stand still and watch and act upon it we can change it... if everyone thinks "it's not my business" nothing'll happen ... we'll stand there and watch our planet die... just like there was no wine on the marriage because everyone brought water!! to remember people where part of my inspiration comes from! Even if our influence may seem insignificant, we NEED to do it, we NEED to make our voice heard in order to save our planet and with it ourselves, and if we all listen very carefully to our inner voice it'll tell us the exact same thing because I'm doing nothing else now but letting the scream flow onto this screen! I'm doing nothing else but letting my heart speak at this very moment where I write it and I know that the same voice is screaming in all of us as we're part of nature, we're biological systems, no matter how much we tried to turn away from it and neglect it we ARE nature and interconnected with EVERYTHING on this planet! therefore it's very important that we save it and it's natural that when we listen to our inner voice that it'll tell us exactly this.

so yeah, this is the reason why i said it's impossible to get 100% of the world's population  ;)  people think "ah, one among so many doesn't make a difference" be it for "one doing wrong among so many doing right" or "one doing right among so many doing wrong" and that's why they don't do anything then ... i agree, every single one matters, no matter what for. but there's also another way of thinking, i've come across this several times in my life - "i'm a human, we're masters of the nature and the world and that allows me to do whatever i want" ... sad, but true ... *sighs* they don't know how damn wrong they are. nobody has ever given us the right to destroy. if we're self-called masters of the world, we shouldn't destroy it on first place. what kind of master ever lets their "property" slowly die ... ??? people should be aware of the fact that the nature is still a master of us, and not the other way around. we depend on nature, but nature should never be depending on us, which, sadly, is, seeing all the pollution around the world ... will they ever wake up at all, i wonder
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 23:34:49 »
Thank you for your reply Fannie!! So grateful for it! I also believe greatly that each one we can convince to do little actions is a gain for our planet, our outer body that keeps us alive. And YES, I know the helplessness one can feel of having a desire to do something not really knowing why neither having the time to find out/courage to struggle with books/information. That's why it's important that such organisations flourish and get to reach people :) That's why I decided to create a crew that can spread the word and maybe get involved actively in time. Indeed a hard task but not impossible if we do it together and stand above skeptic people who try to steal our precious inspiration away!
I'm glad to have reminded you :) it's a dream I had myself and am sure some day I'll get myself involved on that matter whether as a temporary adoptation house for shelters or creating a shelter of my own... I think in first place I wanna fight for financial support for existing shelters..maybe you'll say I'm crazy and have no chance because many before me tried, maybe you'll be proven right... but the least I can do is try to strengthen up and try to make the government aware that it's insane that they invest millions into the luxus of murderers and other convicts (I am not saying they shouldn't at all!!) and they invest nearly nothing if anything at all into animal rights and organisations that try to dedicate their life to helping the voiceless! There are certainly shelters that get subsidies from government to survive (specially in relation to health care of the animals) but long not all and long not enough for them to help the animals as they have it in mind and mostly after a long complex administrative process that costs a lot of time and money (lawyer). This is one of the aspects ISF is focusing on as well, creating money for shelters (they're building one themselves) by spendings/fundraisings and also one I'd like to focus on in my area as well. You're still studying right? I advice you (as I never did and truly regret it now!!) to involve in existing shelters as a volunteer... it'll give you insights in how a shelter works, give you the experience you need... it's a first step in the direction of your dream I think :)
No need to thank dear Kitty! :)
It is indeed so sad that government don't care about animals rights, this makes the things more difficult but we have to keep trying and don't loose hopes!
Sadly in my city there aren't many shelters, I heared about one some time ago when me and my father found two lost dogs, we took them to my house and we tried to find their owners ... a few days later my dad talked with the director of the shelter and she said that one person was looking for his 2 lost dogs that were exactly the ones I had in my house  ;D We returned the dogs to their owners and I felt so good and happy about it! Anyway, thank you so much for the advice!! I will search more information about shelters ;)

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 12:07:32 »
i came across this few minutes ago, and i felt like i need to share it  :)  ;D

Annieheaven Offline de

• Forenhase
  • Aus d. Koma m. Seele gibt es keine Tür ins Licht
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 16:12:22 »
I know its not exactly answering the topic here and afterall I think it has enough to do with it.. so I wanted to share this video here.. there are enough dreams in peoples minds about how the earth should be better.. its important to do something for it, as you all already said before.. I dont have much time to write much here now but I wanted to let you know that I am reading you and Im on your side in the fight!

Peter Heppner - Meine Welt (Official Video)
"Es ist der Traum der mich geführet und folgen werde ich bis in die Glut!" (Tilo Wolff)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 21:47:33 »
a book? great idea  :)  why not using your language knowledge when it can help you so much with what you want, true that  :)   and maybe someday in the future, a documentary? i mean, i know there are many documentaries to this topic, but one more will do no harm, in my honest opinion. i prefer watching this kind of films than all the shooting and killing and horror ones  ;D  and i do believe that many share this opinion  :) 

:) :) :) aaaah you infected me, now I can't stop thinking about the book already =_= :D And yes, documentary that's also a lingering thought, though I have NO clue how I could ever start it... I mean I'd have to find someone good at shooting videos, I'd have to find the topics I'd wanna deal with, investors (because it's an expensive deal), a director if I don't do it myself...ah Jenny!!! :D :D :D maybe not all hope is lost on that matter! and yes, I do looooove documentaries myself! They're so inspiring in a way.

you're not an idiot, you did the right thing  :)  i was thinking myself of donating to PETA (i'm quite sure they are truthful and don't fill their own pockets), but unfortunately i can't as long as i don't have a job ...

Yeah, true, though I did spend once I believe as a student but it was an organisation against children abuse and not very very much but it was something.

i didn't say it's better leaving it the way it is. if i was thinking that way, i wouldn't have replied here on first place. what i meant was just that no matter how much effort we put in this, we will never manage to convince 100% of population of this world, that's all  :)  otherwise you're thinking in the right direction here, i agree. i'm only a little skeptic  about the governments - are they worth to be trusted? seeing the situation almost entire world is in right now, stealing of money, filling their own pockets, corruption, ... probably they would find a thousand ways more to suck money from people. i mean, already now we have here different garbage boxes to separate on the yard already, and we have to pay monthly if we want the garbage to be taken away, and by paying i mean for every box separate price. the only thing i agree on with all this garbage paying is that inspectors are checking the boxes, people don't even know when, and if the garbage is not separated correctly, you get a bill of 400€ (and more if they catch you dropping it next to the eco-island)  :)  despite that, some people are still dropping everything everywhere, but many more people now think before dropping. is it worth paying 400€ or more just because you don't feel like separating for 3 minutes? ...

well I do think it's possible, maybe not because they want to no...there'll probably always be people who don't care and love to make other people and animals suffer for their own pleasure (like that creep running around in Belgium who's cutting horses open.. last night he found a young horse as a victim and its entire back was cut open, the doc needed 20 meter  (!!! can you imagine!!!) wire for stiches!! the wound was 90cm long, 30 cm wide and 10 cm deep!!!) but no matter how I will die trying. As for governments, mmm, I'm stronly believing that they're making things so difficult for themselves that things will have to change...exactly because the world as it is today is not livable, for nobody (but them, I hear you think, I think not even for them... money and power do not make you happy ;)) so the more people gather, the more I believe that it'll influence societies as we know them...it will not happen overnight, but hopefully by the time my children have the age I have now. Partly I think that it might be one of the reasons that violence is reaching such high numbers, more and more, because of the present state of our societies ... people do the craziest things when they're frustrated and don't get to find their inner peace... I'm sure that this state of society will end, it has to, I donno whether I'll survive the end of it but either way THIS cannot remain full stop, everybody knows it, feels it, sees it... and then I'm not just speaking of the pressure it puts on our planet but also on us humans.

anyways, here in Slovenia we have a project once a year, "let's clean Slovenia", and every year more and more people are applying  :)  that indeed gives some hope  :)

That's great!! Might get some inspiration out of it for future projects :)

actually, the planet is going to destroy us by us helping it. just think of all the natural disasters that happened and that still can happen any second. the nature just strikes back, and it doesn't surprise me, because damaged it to the point nothing should ever be damaged ...

This is from Monday in Belgium at the seaside a so called Shelf-cloud which can produce very heavy gusts of wind (and under the right circumstances even whirlwinds and small tornadoes) and terrible storm in general... a comparable one passed by here over my very house the same night, we were lucky nothing else but horrible wind was the result from it and a couple of lightnings. The one at the seaside was captured as it was on a moment a lot of people were sitting at the beach, my storm passed when most people were sleeping and I was just suffering insomnia so had nothing better to do than watch nature doing what it's good at. This was something that happened a couple of times every two-three years or something, I remember that we had a severe storm coming over when my mom turned 40 for example and then years nothing, a couple of years later we had again one that my dad was on the roof doing something and yelled "for god's sake, GET INSIDE" and two secs later hell came down on earth... but the past years, every year the same story, horrible storms that cause death even to people almost every time! is it because they spread it out in the media more? I donno, but in any case even in my small hamme-town this is a general change. So it's NOT just in the USA that storms and hurricanes get more severe... our simple thunderstorms get nastier with the day as well.

This is what it could have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FvQAbU0xGOk

to the advertisements, i noticed here in Ljubljana (our capital; i didn't notice that in my hometown nor any other town in my country), there are quite many USEFUL posters hanging around, saying "the bike makes me tired, i'll take the car instead" or "the bus is so boring, let's go by car". and also, they took care of the suitable amount of bikes in the town  :)  there are many bike stations around, you pay for the bike (myeah, paying ... but it's not expensive, as far as i've heard) and you can have it all day, depends on how much you payed, and in the evening you leave it back at one of the stations  :)  i find it a clever solution to reduce the car traffic, and it's also healthy, and definitely cheaper than filling the car with a benzine twice a week  ;D 

Ah yes, they have a similar system in Ghent if I'm not mistaken... where you can rend a bike for an entire day if you want for a low price. and you can put it off wherever you want in one of the stations indeed. That's interesting, I wonder why they don't have it more... as stealing bikes is also a very big problem not for nature, but for society :D

so yeah, this is the reason why i said it's impossible to get 100% of the world's population  ;)  people think "ah, one among so many doesn't make a difference" be it for "one doing wrong among so many doing right" or "one doing right among so many doing wrong" and that's why they don't do anything then ... i agree, every single one matters, no matter what for. but there's also another way of thinking, i've come across this several times in my life - "i'm a human, we're masters of the nature and the world and that allows me to do whatever i want" ... sad, but true ... *sighs* they don't know how damn wrong they are. nobody has ever given us the right to destroy. if we're self-called masters of the world, we shouldn't destroy it on first place. what kind of master ever lets their "property" slowly die ... ??? people should be aware of the fact that the nature is still a master of us, and not the other way around. we depend on nature, but nature should never be depending on us, which, sadly, is, seeing all the pollution around the world ... will they ever wake up at all, i wonder

Yeah, but I don't think it's impossible to change that when you press the right buttons. We ARE animals, we DO feel the fact that in fact we only need to cooperate to have it better... but we live in a time where ego is everything and ego is not nature... it's just a matter of time to turn the tie I think, for most that is, for most.

And Ego comes exactly from the thought that we rule earth, the universe and our nature... but you see that nature fights back, it'll show us our place of that I'm certain. I don't think the question is whether they'll ever wake up, more like will it be on time? Of that I'm afraid, our time truly IS running out...

No need to thank dear Kitty! :)
It is indeed so sad that government don't care about animals rights, this makes the things more difficult but we have to keep trying and don't loose hopes!
Sadly in my city there aren't many shelters, I heared about one some time ago when me and my father found two lost dogs, we took them to my house and we tried to find their owners ... a few days later my dad talked with the director of the shelter and she said that one person was looking for his 2 lost dogs that were exactly the ones I had in my house  ;D We returned the dogs to their owners and I felt so good and happy about it! Anyway, thank you so much for the advice!! I will search more information about shelters ;)

I've got millions of reasons to thank you Fannie!! :) Indeed we may not lose hope, in the end we have our love and love is stronger than anything!
That's a beautiful story of the dogs!!! So glad that there are souls like you :) many others would have just let them starve. Wish you good luck with your dream :)

I know its not exactly answering the topic here and afterall I think it has enough to do with it.. so I wanted to share this video here.. there are enough dreams in peoples minds about how the earth should be better.. its important to do something for it, as you all already said before.. I dont have much time to write much here now but I wanted to let you know that I am reading you and Im on your side in the fight!

Fits very well... in the end this is the kinda protest-art I'm talking about ... it's art in first place that will make people THINK if not directly, than indirectly... if not out loud than for themselves ... it's inspiring for everyone :) thank you for sharing! Das endlich was geschieht :) You write whenever whatever you can/want :) I'm GRATEFUL (you read that?) that you read and think along and feel!!! and I'm even MORE grateful that you just DID write much eventhough you said you didn't have much time for it :) thank you! <3
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 23:32:45 »
I've got millions of reasons to thank you Fannie!! :) Indeed we may not lose hope, in the end we have our love and love is stronger than anything!
That's a beautiful story of the dogs!!! So glad that there are souls like you :) many others would have just let them starve. Wish you good luck with your dream :)

Thank you dear!!!! ;D

i came across this few minutes ago, and i felt like i need to share it  :)  ;D

Just impressive! :o

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 19:28:15 »
My dear Kitty, you remind me of one of my favourite books, "The Forbidden Forest" by Mircea Eliade. ( I hope I'll manage to say this clearly in English :). ) The main character talks about infinite possibility of man to love, like saints. Totally. And to love many people, totally, in an absolute way. This is the way you are! Loving, being passionate, with fervour!!! I've told you this once, I'm going to tell you again: you are amazing!!!! I admire you!!! Totally!

I'm writing here to tell you I'm on your side. I care about our world and I try, everyday, to make it count. I'm not swimming along the stream for years, so I know it's difficult, and many times people are looking at me like I'm not in order. But I never give up, everyday, in my little and humble fight. I don't believe in foundations, I hope my words will not hurt your feelings, I believe in those little daily actions to change something in this world...
Of course, an important voice is necessary!!! But, little voices to spread the word, as you've said, they are extremely important!
 If you need my help with your project, you'll definitely have it! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 20:31:04 »
My dear Kitty, you remind me of one of my favourite books, "The Forbidden Forest" by Mircea Eliade. ( I hope I'll manage to say this clearly in English :). ) The main character talks about infinite possibility of man to love, like saints. Totally. And to love many people, totally, in an absolute way. This is the way you are! Loving, being passionate, with fervour!!! I've told you this once, I'm going to tell you again: you are amazing!!!! I admire you!!! Totally!

Ah, Elena :) Thank you so very much for reading this topic and taking your time to answer it!!!!
Thank you for your grotesque words, I'm not sure I deserve them all, but I'm grateful ... that this is the way you experience me and at least my love comes across! (ps. people usually call me naive because of this ;))
It's true that I'm convinced we can love all human equally... I'm convinced that there must be a way we can even love those people who make life hard for us, that love will contaminate all of us, it's a longwaytogo but I'm sure we can reach it. We come across situations daily where we can give something very valuable to others just by taking the time to give the love in our hearts a chance to spread to others and help them out even if just by listening or a smile, a word of affection, support in a conscious way with our heart and the love that's streaming through it ... it may seem very small to us, but it's important that we do it...and not think we should not do it because another doesn't do it neither or because it's considered weird/strange... just yesterday I realised again what a smile with true meant love can do... and it's free, so easy!!

I'm writing here to tell you I'm on your side. I care about our world and I try, everyday, to make it count. I'm not swimming along the stream for years, so I know it's difficult, and many times people are looking at me like I'm not in order. But I never give up, everyday, in my little and humble fight. I don't believe in foundations, I hope my words will not hurt your feelings, I believe in those little daily actions to change something in this world...
Of course, an important voice is necessary!!! But, little voices to spread the word, as you've said, they are extremely important!
 If you need my help with your project, you'll definitely have it! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very happy to read your words! It's so great to read that so many already try and do their best and stand open for tips and tricks to gather our strength for planet earth! It IS difficult to swim against the stream, each time you put off the light when it's not needed but others let it burn for their comfort people look at you as if you're an imbicile... or when I shower with a break inbetween... or you come saying "no, no meat for me please" or I wash my hands with cold water instead of lukewarm water even in winter. That's why I do believe in foundations, because they gather people, they give you this push in the back when you feel like you have to give in to peer-pressure from the stream, because you start doubting whether you're truly not the imbicile many denote you as ... your words don't hurt me, no worries :) you have the right to think/believe whatever you want, dear Elena! :)...besides it doesn't really matter where you find your inspiration/information/support to try and play your role in saving the planet as long as you do so :)... I do believe as well it are in fact the daily actions that will change the world eventually... cause many little actions make a big one! make a change! But we need powerful voices to make people aware! We need WWF to make people realise it's quarter to time, or an ISF to make people aware EVERYONE needs to be in the game if we want our children and their children to be safe on this planet for a long time still  or a PETA to shock people to open their eyes for the fact animals are not our enemies, they're not strangers, they're our ancestors and our friends, we SHARE this planet we don't own it... so yes, in a way I don't believe that a Foundation will make the difference/change on itself. What I do believe is that the gathering of people will make the change, the strong voice of those people who gather in love and give a voice to this love...and that's exactly what foundations do, they empower people, to on their turn empower people and those will renewed empower people... and HOW they do it is not really of importance, THAT they do it is! So I'm HAPPY that you wrote this to me, even if you were afraid to hurt me ;) cause it created a bubble of oxygen inside of me that contribute to my burning flame :)... as to foundations...I wasn't really foundation-minded neither until I found ISF, not really convinced of all the others yet ...all I need is ISF :) and a bunch of people I can work with (exchange ideas with) around the planet like you and Klodi and everyone else who's doing something with this topic right now, whether it's just reading and thinking, discussing it in here, or taking out what they need to go the way on their own... :) ... it's my mere intuition by the way about this foundation ;) my heart that said "do it, kitty... Do It!" ... Thank you so very much for supporting! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug with muuuuuuuuch love!!

Inessa Vinter Offline ru

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 15:28:55 »
It turns out in the Beijing metro, you can pay with plastic bottles. I like this idea.

Ich bin der Saft in deinen Adern Und Tag für Tag durchströme ich dein Herz...

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 15:36:28 »
that's an amazing idea  :o  save the money, save the Earth  :)

Inessa Vinter Offline ru

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 15:49:48 »
trash money too  :)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 20:29:31 »
It turns out in the Beijing metro, you can pay with plastic bottles. I like this idea.

that's an amazing idea  :o  save the money, save the Earth  :)

Yes, in one, it helps to keep trash from ending up on the street and polluting our environment, which is I guess what this government is aiming at... but it wouldn't solve the initial problem: we using plastic on a large scale which is then thrown away and ever-lasts. Even more I fear it might actually encourage people to consume plastic bottles as it gives their trash gives them something for free... and it would keep them from contemplating on the fact plastic is an unnatural product that creates a lot of problems for our planet neither will it help them make the move to more sustainable solutions or even drink from the tap (when in a country where there's a purification system). Or am I thinking too far here? Though I do believe that mankind is raised with the "reward" system and he'll continue when he's rewarded in this case rewarded for using bottled water in plastic bottles something we actually just want to get rid of in general. Opinions?

Inessa Vinter Offline ru

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 04:34:18 »
Plastic bottles are beneficial because they are cheap. They can also be recycled and reused many times.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 11:20:26 »
Plastic bottles are beneficial because they are cheap. They can also be recycled and reused many times.

tap water is even cheaper and often even what manufacturers use for their bottled water :) ... and yes, they CAN but ARE they truly? I did some research and found out that most recycled plastic is just downcycled not reused like the glassbottles that are collected in stores and sent to the manufacturer to be cleansed and refilled (ok transport is a polluting factor hence why it would be better to just find a system to supply everyone with clean tapwater)  and that is from the little percentage that actually IS recycled, 80% sit in landfills for hundreds of years or are burned contributing to the greenhousegasses  ... The reason so little is actually being recycled is due to the many sorts of plastic consisting of different materials which may contaminate when mixed.

Downcycling means the plastic that's collected over recycling is in first place recycled again and with the result lower quality products are created such as fleece fabrics, fillings for sleeping bags, a reusable grocery bag (which then everybody forgets at home)... plus the rests with which they can't do anything are shipped around the world ... plastic loses integrity each time it's recycled which means that the bottle you buy time after time is all mere new plastic (extra on the plastic/polyester and derivatives that travels around the world as "recycled" or "rubbish") because from recycled plastic they simply can't make something that is as strong and durable as the bottle it once was ... hence even recycled it's not really worth anything.

Reused... I do, my mother buys plastic bottles (regrettably) so I use them but I reuse them like a month or two (which is in fact not healthy I read but seeing I'm doing this for years and years already and I'm still alive... I doubt the impact) But how many actually would in relation to the fact you're not 100% sure it's ok to do so for your own health?

More and more of course they're searching for ways where they can actually reform those recycled materials into bottles again, I read Nestle has created bottles consisting of 50% recycled PET... it's a step forward, but it means that still 50% new plastic is formed as well... plus the production pollution of first the recycled PET and the new plastic, the transport pollution is not gone... So I think as long as it's impossible to create 100%recycled bottles the production/transport costs (for our environment) are not worth it.

Same story for glass actually, but I opt for glass simply because if you buy truly recylced bottles you hand in to the manufacturer who then cleanses them and refills them you have 100% recycled bottles... if human truly want bottles... I think this is the best solution, although IF it's possible (and that everyone got to find out by themselves, ask the government about it or whatever whether it's safe to drink tapwater in your town i.e. whether there is a purification system) it's always better to drink tapwater.

I found this interesting video about plastic bottles :)

And this is not an illusion, this is bitter reality despite recycling:

Plastic Plague