Author Topic: Planet Earth - A scream for help  (Read 11669 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Planet Earth - A scream for help
« on: August 04, 2013, 15:49:33 »

Hi you great people,

I decided to give it a go, eventhough I'm officially not in order yet with administration and what do I know. But I'm living a dream already by heart and I know you're all very passionate people and certainly care for our planet earth, its health, its living beings, the thing they call : L O V E

So, what I'm gonna tell you now is all because I have this huge burning desire since I found out (or found back) what I came on this planet for. I want you to know that what you do with it, is merely just YOUR decision. I'm in no position to judge you, your actions or the consequences of them, but I am in a position to see, feel and accordingly interact what I see, feel...and I feel a need for CHANGE very urgently, persistent and non-stop and that for many many many years by now.

In search for myself, my desire and what I can do to help this planet (and with it myself) I came across this huge worldwide foundation that is in a way double... I was very skeptic at first when I found out that the brain behind it is actually a very famous actor (probably many of you will know) ... my fear was that it wasn't real, in that it would be just fassade as it's the case with many famous people who just abuse good causes to become even more famous... but this ... I found out very quickly ... is different. I'm talking about the Ian Somerhalder Foundation http://www.isfoundation.com/. And this foundation, i.e. this man with his passionate voice, awoke the lingering flame I gave up on/ignored when my first education in the past failed (and I still had a very big dream). But isn't that the exact problem? The believe that we can't make the change? That our voice doesn't count? the fact it's easier to swim along the stream than against? So I picked up my old path and decided to support the change ISF is fighting for by picking up my old big dream and all the obstacles it brings along.

Why I tell you all this? Just so you think about it, I'm sure many of you have before, will again over and over... many won't even read to the end, some might read but ignore and look away (but they're aware!), and then there will be some of you who form their own opinion about it, think it over (maybe even interact with me, cooperate with me as that is our nature!) ... now even if I can bring just one to read this through and think it over it was worth putting my time and energy in this... because this one will contribute to the change, whether it is actively on private matters, public matters or just in thoughts! That is why I share this with you guys.

I'm gonna share first of all a documentary that helped me find the courage to write this in first place. It's called "I AM", an American documentary from 2010 by Tom Shadyac (from Bruce Allmighty, the nutty professor). It deals with human nature and how we turn away from ourselves as a species. It asks two fundamental questions: "What's wrong with this world?" and "What can we do about it?". You can view it here http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/104294/I_AM__The_Documentary__Part_1_of_3/ (though regrettably the third part is not present on that website) This first part deals with what humanity is (basically cooperation), what being human means and how we turn away from it, how we neglect our own nature. In this first part it's specially about how attitudes and our species behaviour became indoctrinated and not always positively (one of the speakers said a wise thing: we take science as the ultimate truth but in fact it's just a story...one that we humans create as well when you think about it), one good example is how our economy became the focus of everything and how everyone's life is built around it, whereas it's failing us more and more and we question why, trying very hard to save it instead of saving ourselves ... but WE created it, humanity created it, there's nothing natural about it that it would stand in the center of our life! The comparison between our hierarchy and that of animals was made as well, gives food for thought this documentary.  The second part deals with interconnection; how we can feel someone else's pain and in relation compassion and also very often tend to switch it off and how this is against our nature: we should listen to our heart better, literally!! It makes us ill if we don't! How compassion is as Dalai Lama said something that makes not only others happy but also ourselves, if we want to live a rich and happy life we should train compassion. The heart is the primary access point of our self. Also how our emotional state affects living systems and how others affect ours. So in one this documentary learned me that in order to live a natural, satisfying life, where we are true to ourselves and our planet we need to practice compassion.  So basically we should turn to our nature to find the cure for this planet's problems; cooperation instead of competition, compassion with our planet, with its living beings us as well as all animals(!!!) ... many probably now think I'm just talking about climate change? wrong! There's so much more going on than climate change, every day animals are violated, mistreaten, molested, traumatised or even killed like Patch the cat (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2377893/Brave-cat-horrific-burns-yobs-poured-boiling-water-manages-tend-kittens.html), each day we get a little closer to the day where we have no natural resources left if we won't change anything, and yes every day we're MAKING this planet have to change probably ten times if not hundred times as fast as it's naturally supposed by the choices that we make and the stubborness by which we ignore it's scream for help... what can I as little man do about it you're probably thinking now: realising that EVERY voice counts and every small contribution even if it's just making your neighbor aware of this, putting off the water when you're brushing your teeth, putting off the light when you leave a room (even if you turn back after) they ALL contribute ... as Gandhi said: "almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it's important that you do it" ... because doing nothing won't make the problem go away!

I'm sharing this awefully disgusting video which I ask to not watch if you're a vulnerable soul (or are very trained in compassion and your stomach won't survive!) in any other case you should watch and I pray to god that it doesn't leave you cold! I'm normally not such an advocate of sharing such videos or images but I think it might help to open up eyes; our planet needs help. It answers the question: "Where does fur coat come from?" and for those who're familiar with this topic, is a video released by PETA (people for ethical treatment of animals) to rase awareness globally.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=483507495074507

So by this I made my first attempt to make some people aware and maybe awoke a flame that was already lingering or I made a flame start to linger. I'm open for your contributions to this topic, discussions in all directions, knowledge about organisations,foundations,voices worldwide and even your silence ... interaction is very important I think! And to say it with the words of plenty before: please, love each other!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 15:51:54 by Kitty »
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Inessa Vinter Offline ru

• First Forenkenner
Antw:Planet Earth - A scream for help
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 16:02:21 »
this topic is very important for me... I always feel sad that the little I can do... but I never miss a chance to help in some way... planet Earth is a really beautiful place... she doesn't deserve what people do with it...
Ich bin der Saft in deinen Adern Und Tag für Tag durchströme ich dein Herz...

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 16:08:23 »
this topic is very important for me... I always feel sad that the little I can do... but I never miss a chance to help in some way... planet Earth is a really beautiful place... she doesn't deserve what people do with it...

Thanks for your reply! USE the sadness you feel, hear the call from earth itself in it and activate yourself...as I said, no matter how small the action you do is, it contributes to the greater good, it's called cooperation; the thing we were born for :) Earth really doesn't deserve what we do to her, she gives us so much pleasure, so much beauty and all we do is destroy it out of unawareness, out of frustration (because we forgot who we are)! I'll soon be starting my own project(s), I'm in the middle of preparations, and I'm sure open for anyone who wants to help out whenever time and wish answer the need :) I'll share it here as well seeing at least ONE is interested ;) Thanks again for replying, for sharing your love!

Inessa Vinter Offline ru

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 16:39:03 »
I am a follower of the teachings of Enoch, the Biblical prophet... the powers he dictated his gospel try to keep track of the planet Earth... I know something about his doctrine and every time I pray these forces reduce evil on the planet Earth, affect humans, so they are less committed such... I'll pray that You succeeded... What can I do? How can I help You?
Ich bin der Saft in deinen Adern Und Tag für Tag durchströme ich dein Herz...

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 18:36:32 »
fuck it, i wrote a long post to this, and when i wanted to post it, it disappeared  ;(  i will write it again when we have our internet back, i'm here with my phone right now ... *sighs*
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 19:37:28 »
I am a follower of the teachings of Enoch, the Biblical prophet... the powers he dictated his gospel try to keep track of the planet Earth... I know something about his doctrine and every time I pray these forces reduce evil on the planet Earth, affect humans, so they are less committed such... I'll pray that You succeeded... What can I do? How can I help You?

I'm very sorry, I have no notion of what the teachings of Enoch are/is... but when it makes you believe that we can all together succeed in saving our planet I think it's a good source to get your strength from. I have no doubt that we can make it, it's not just me who has to succeed ;) I'm living my dream since I turned back to something I had abandoned 12 years ago... and it gives me the strength I need... when you live in the spirit nothing is impossible eventhough I'm aware that there'll be obstacles, I'm also aware I'm not gonna take them alone!  What can you do? What you're already doing :) you just inspired me by answering me, by making me realise I'm not fighting for something of JUST myself, but for something from many of us and I'm SO very grateful that you gave your time to stand still with this problematic and think! How can you help the planet? In first place by uttering your thoughts here, your desires, how you see the problematics, the situations you came upon in your own country even own town/city... by sharing your insights, I (and all who reads them) will be able to enlarge our own and we'll be able to translate them for ourselves into given action-steps not alone, but together!... I advice you to visit the website of ISF I shared in my first post (join their facebookpage https://www.facebook.com/ISFoundation?fref=ts and share their calls for information/share their information!) for more tips towards what you can do, they have many active projects running, blogs which inform you and where you can find tips in relation to energy-saving/water-saving/animal treatment... they also have a tab "get involved" there are so many things you can do :) and it's all up to you what it is you WANT to do i.e. what you have the time for! visit the website from PETA (http://www.peta.org/) there are also actionplans, blogs. In near future I'll have a website of my own (together with my teammates), I'm melting with ISF by creating a Crew Community in a try to activate more people in Belgium (and gather strength across the world in this by sharing it here!!) in future I want to go further with it, maybe as a non-profit devision of ISF maybe as a completely new non-profit organisation of my own...time will tell :) just to give you a small idea what my project(s) is ;) In a bit I'll explain more, link you to my own website! And for sure I'll be glad for all helping hands!!!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 19:41:19 »
fuck it, i wrote a long post to this, and when i wanted to post it, it disappeared  ;(  i will write it again when we have our internet back, i'm here with my phone right now ... *sighs*

Thanks for your time already :) I kinda knew you'd react :) I've been thinking I could use your help for sure and been planning to contact you in any case when we're this far :) when you want to get involved of course ;) And I'll be waiting impatiently for your reaction when your i-net allows you hehehe :)

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Theatrical disorder
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 19:44:06 »
Kitty, thank you so much for such impressive thread. I have been always concerned about the topic of the Earth and the evolution of it, the evolution of animal's lfe and the evolution of the human being, and each time more worried seeing how the humans are further and further from nature and just using it and the planet for their (our) own interest. I agree with you, if everyone did sth, things could change radically. Me myself maybe dont do enough stuff but I try: I try to recycle at home and wherever I go (and try to make my family aware of the importance of recycling), my sensibility towards animals  and their rights to have an own life and not being slaves of humans led me to be a vegetarian (even considering veganism from time to time), I check products to be sure they dont come from entreprises that experiment with animals (the animal mistreatment is one of the things tha make me more sick) etc.
I wish everyone could do something for our Planet and sometimes I feel so weak because of my pessimism: I feel pessimistic because I think I am not enough to fight against the big mainstream, and also my pessimism and lack of fath towards society, which I think is rotten and got by egosim. But well, I felt so encouraged by this thread and will try to help as much as I can. If there is sth in which I can help you, tell me. :)
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 20:35:17 »
Thanks for your time already :) I kinda knew you'd react :) I've been thinking I could use your help for sure and been planning to contact you in any case when we're this far :) when you want to get involved of course ;) And I'll be waiting impatiently for your reaction when your i-net allows you hehehe :)

ah, few minutes of time to read this is nothing comparing to all the time in life i have  :)  especially when it's a topic i'm really interested in, that is  ;)  i guess you know i care about the nature and animals very much, probably even more because i live in the nature, to say the least.

so yeah, in my first dissapearing-post i asked about your projects you mentioned - what kind of projects be that?  :)  of course you can count on me any time, if there's something i can help with, just let me know, and i'll try to do my best  :)  maybe i should mention that there's a group of artists on deviantART, called "raising awareness", and i'm sure that at least some of them would be glad to help, even if only with spreading the word about it  :)  even that is something, i think  :)  if you want, i can try to get in contact with an admin of that group, which shouldn't be a problem as i am a part of it as well (by the way, i must mention, one of my photos was featured there as the photo of the month, huhu  ;D  the only one i posted there, to be exact  ;D  *proud* ). however, this is the group i'm talking about http://raising-awareness.deviantart.com/  :)  you can take a look, they deal with various issues  :)

as for the people not caring about their environment and nature (or everything else, in general) - yes, it's true, we all together pay too less attention to what we're doing wrong and way too much to our own comfort, not thinking of the damage we might cause by our actions. my parents taught me already when i was a small kid that dropping garbage in the nature or in the street is not only bad for the nature and all of us, but it also doesn't look nice, it actually looks disgusting. i'm proud i kept this habit until now, and i'm sure i'll keep it until the rest of my life and i will also teach my own children the same. some time ago i kept nagging everyone (everyone i knew) who was dropping their trash on the ground, be it a city or the nature, but i realized quite fast that they simply don't care, so i gave up the nagging. the only thing i still keep wondering is if it's really that fucking hard to move their ass and drop everything in the garbage box, why don't they drop it then in their own apartments as well ...

anyway, i will check the videos later, if the i-net allows me, i'm going out for a walk now with my boy  :)  by the way, this is an amazing topic, i must say  :)  and i'm happy to see you finally managed to listen to your heart and do what it tells you  :)  *big hug*
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 22:17:56 »
Kitty, thank you so much for such impressive thread. I have been always concerned about the topic of the Earth and the evolution of it, the evolution of animal's lfe and the evolution of the human being, and each time more worried seeing how the humans are further and further from nature and just using it and the planet for their (our) own interest. I agree with you, if everyone did sth, things could change radically. Me myself maybe dont do enough stuff but I try: I try to recycle at home and wherever I go (and try to make my family aware of the importance of recycling), my sensibility towards animals  and their rights to have an own life and not being slaves of humans led me to be a vegetarian (even considering veganism from time to time), I check products to be sure they dont come from entreprises that experiment with animals (the animal mistreatment is one of the things tha make me more sick) etc.
I wish everyone could do something for our Planet and sometimes I feel so weak because of my pessimism: I feel pessimistic because I think I am not enough to fight against the big mainstream, and also my pessimism and lack of fath towards society, which I think is rotten and got by egosim. But well, I felt so encouraged by this thread and will try to help as much as I can. If there is sth in which I can help you, tell me. :)

Thank YOU, Christina, for your answer, for your time to read and involve!!! This is SO great and I get response I had never dared to hope for!!! First thing I wanna tell you as I was in the same boat as you before ... again I'm gonna quote Gandhi as he's the one (even if he's already dead) who came to make aware, made me listen to my heart, reason about what it told me and get my strength together dare to open myself for it! "You must not lose your faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the oceans are dirty the ocean does not become dirty" and that is so very true, humans tend to sink into negativism, only see black where there's so much white and light on this planet! There are sooooo many people already gathered in the heath of the greater good! We just need to join them to feel the energy and act accordingly. Of course there'll always be people who try to knock you down, form obstacles make you doubt whether what you're doing makes any sense but I can sure tell you guys who already answered me that you def. made me clear that it's worth the energy to fight for what your believe is right. I'm glad to see that you're already involved!!! That's a way I was before as well :) just that I'm not vegetarian, I just don't eat much meat in general and try to find out what happened i.e. how the meat came on my plate, but I'm considering. Though on that matter I'm in a discussion with myself, in one you're having a point when you say it's wrong to breed animals just to kill them so we don't starve... on the other hand it's nature and survival of the fittest that animals eat other animals ... but we also have other options with the knowledge that we have today. It's also like checking where your eggs come from; is it from breed chickes which have no life? or is it from chicken which have a free run? My point is that tooooo many animals suffer unnecessary i.e. because of human's luxury or even entertainment/pleasure/boredom. And it truly has to stop! And WE CAN do something about it in first place by spreading the word, not looking away and do every little action we CAN do... I myself have for example four cats from a shelter which had had already a terrible life up to the point where they came to me and which would have had an even more terrible one if they stayed there just a couple of months longer namely: death. My neighbours have their cats thanks (or due) to me, one evening I came home and there was a little black cat that came to me at the door, I was shocked because it really didn't wanna leave, when I turned back outside it was still sitting there and came to me cuddling and miauwing...I went to my boy a street away and it followed me, my neighbours were already asking whether it was my cat? I was like NO it's not! So a bell went ringing; this cat was lost! I went through the entire neighbourhood to ask whether anyone had lost their cat/knew someone who lost their cat (normally I'm rather shy but when it comes to such things I turn into a lion!) spread leaflets, the cat didn't seem to have a home. My mom didn't wanna keep it, we already had quite some cats by that time, so I begged my neighbor to keep it and they did :) This is just one of the many stories from my past (I ignored) that make me aware now this is a flame that's been lingering for years :) I'm trying to do little actions such as recycling as I said as well turning off the water when I'm brushing my teeth or when I'm using shampoo/showergel before rinsing I switch of the water in the meantime, turn of the lights when I don't really need them (just use them because it makes it easier or something) use candles instead of light, try to endure the heath of summer instead of abusing energy and making a ventilator turn for hours, read a book instead of spending hours on the pc (hard job :D), go by foot or bike to things I'd ask my parents to drive me in the past, only buy fruits/vegetables that are from this season and from my country, drink tapwater instead of bottled water (but I'm aware this is not possible everywhere)! (many more tips will be made accessible once my website is there ;) but you can as I also said to Inessa Vinter check out the Ian Somerhalder Foundation page already to find tips and tricks you can do on a daily basis to help our planet and its resources/animals)

Now your first pessimistic voice inside your head I tried to switch off by a wise man's words... your second pessimistic voice I'll try to kill with my own words ;)
I feel pessimistic because I think I am not enough to fight against the big mainstream

You know Christina, try to turn back to where you come from... by this I mean, you once were one cell, one single cell that contained everything! From one cell a miracle happened that it split in innumerable cells... nature made this happen... it's a miracle that you live, that you breathe, sleep, your body transports blood and oxygen in your body, works with food you eat so that each part of your body gets what it needs... everything happened seemingly by itself... you did the things you had to, to grow inside your mother's belly, you would have never made it if you had this pessimistic voice back then... you surrendered to nature. When we do this now, as grown ups with an ego that tries to run away from every (potential, seemingly) risk in the world to "lose face" because it depends on "what others might think of us" ... if we try to discover this voice which keeps us from what we truly need and want in life we can shut it up, tell it to move... because in fact it's just an illusion, just like economy actually is just an illusion which we humans built. We have all the strength it takes to be who we visualise us to be, to become the change we wanna see in the world ;) YOU ARE everything you need to be and to fight against the mainstream... it's necessary to keep in mind that at the beginning of something you might get resistance, people who are trying to bring you into disbalance, don't believe in you/your project for whatever reason ... but YOU in all your strength, your belief in your own capacities are able to turn this "skepticism" into "respect" when you show people that you know what you're doing, they'll accept it and follow you in your own belief... energy spreads, love spreads, it's infectious and it's good that it is :) I often said it and I truuuuuly believe in it now 100%; EVERYTHING starts with thoughts, with belief! Everything on this planet is energy and we're all connected... fact you said this thread encouraged you only proofs it that my energy came to affect your energy :) and backwards your energy now came to affect mine!!! And I thank you so much for it! Love you!

ah, few minutes of time to read this is nothing comparing to all the time in life i have  :)  especially when it's a topic i'm really interested in, that is  ;)  i guess you know i care about the nature and animals very much, probably even more because i live in the nature, to say the least.

Nonetheless, thank you, for there are many who wouldn't start with such an amount of text! But yes, I remember your was it studentjob right? I remember your enthousiasm and I just kinda felt it ;) and I'm grateful!!!

so yeah, in my first dissapearing-post i asked about your projects you mentioned - what kind of projects be that?  :)  of course you can count on me any time, if there's something i can help with, just let me know, and i'll try to do my best  :)  maybe i should mention that there's a group of artists on deviantART, called "raising awareness", and i'm sure that at least some of them would be glad to help, even if only with spreading the word about it  :)  even that is something, i think  :)  if you want, i can try to get in contact with an admin of that group, which shouldn't be a problem as i am a part of it as well (by the way, i must mention, one of my photos was featured there as the photo of the month, huhu  ;D  the only one i posted there, to be exact  ;D  *proud* ). however, this is the group i'm talking about http://raising-awareness.deviantart.com/  :)  you can take a look, they deal with various issues  :)

Well, I donno whether you saw my reply to Inessa Vinter? There I explained it a bit what my project(s) are :) In first place I'm gonna melt with ISF by creating a community Crew for Belgium (one more, I think there already do exist some here and i'm gonna contact them; project two) together with some friends; websites + sideprojects + events + pictures + articles + fundraising for bigger projects by the mother-organisation (such as building shelters, educating kids) etc ... I also gave myself on as a volunteer for writing articles/translations/projects... I entered as a guest blogger (wrote my first article last week, donno when it'll be posted, I'll let you know :)) and am planning some thing with my job, donno what just yet. Thanks for dropping the deviantART group here, I'm SURE we can use their help!!! Art is a very strong medium to reach out to people!! On time I'll contact you about it :) you inspired me to come up with some more ideas for the Community Crew, thank you!!! And yes certainly for creating awareness ,very very important everything falls or stands with raising a voice!

as for the people not caring about their environment and nature (or everything else, in general) - yes, it's true, we all together pay too less attention to what we're doing wrong and way too much to our own comfort, not thinking of the damage we might cause by our actions. my parents taught me already when i was a small kid that dropping garbage in the nature or in the street is not only bad for the nature and all of us, but it also doesn't look nice, it actually looks disgusting. i'm proud i kept this habit until now, and i'm sure i'll keep it until the rest of my life and i will also teach my own children the same. some time ago i kept nagging everyone (everyone i knew) who was dropping their trash on the ground, be it a city or the nature, but i realized quite fast that they simply don't care, so i gave up the nagging. the only thing i still keep wondering is if it's really that fucking hard to move their ass and drop everything in the garbage box, why don't they drop it then in their own apartments as well ...

Indeed, it's so sad that we are sometimes even aware and STILL do those things of which we know they destroy our planet. There is a massive island of plastic swimming in the pacific ocean, more than an island actually it's just turning into an ocean of plastic (
Garbage Island: An Ocean Full of Plastic (Part 1/3)
) poisoning the living beings underwater/ killing them! And in the long run us as well. Plastic is man-made and it does not disappear! Now come again that we're not destroying our own planet or at least influence it in a negative way as many claim that we're a natural product hence everything we do is incalculated and contributes to the evolution... we're destroying not just ourselves but entire species and an entire planet along. Hence, we should keep nagging!!! I won't stop until I drop dead or they kill me. I do the same, at the shop I became furious each time I saw someone drop something IN the shop, outside the shop, didn't care to recycle (we do have boxes and an own recycling system at the backyard but they simply don't use it!!!!) People generally don't care, but I'm convinced that part of them does, we're all part of this biological system, all interconnected, part of them DOES know and care... it's just passiveness that needs to get activated. And we can only do so by telling over and over what it does to our planet and what always works is tellign them what it does to us indirectly.

anyway, i will check the videos later, if the i-net allows me, i'm going out for a walk now with my boy  :)  by the way, this is an amazing topic, i must say  :)  and i'm happy to see you finally managed to listen to your heart and do what it tells you  :)  *big hug*

I wouldn't watch the fur part if I were you ;) I'm certain you'll react like me by vomitting and crying at the same time. Hope you enjoy(ed) the walk :)
Thanks for the positive comment :) am happy that I made the step!! *biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug back* love you very very much!!

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 23:18:06 »
Kitty: this is such an interesting topic and I'm glad to talk with all of you about how helping the earth, I do believe that if we all do little actions it would help a lot, unfortunatelly there are many people that want to help but don't know what to do or how to do it so thank you for share those links of organizations and information about this topic ;D
So I would like to help you with this project because I think we are still in time to do something for save our planet, of course the first step is create awareness in the people and then the whole world could work together! hard but not impossible  ;)
.... Your posts also made me remember the dream I had when I was about 8 years old, I wanted to create a refugium for homeless animals, take care of them and find them a family ::)

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 10:40:01 »
Nonetheless, thank you, for there are many who wouldn't start with such an amount of text! But yes, I remember your was it studentjob right? I remember your enthousiasm and I just kinda felt it ;) and I'm grateful!!!

yes, they are being too careless to even read. it's not like this is entire book at the moment, lol *sighs* as for my student job, yeah i was working at Amnesty International Slovenia, and already there i realized how much people REALLY don't care or don't trust such organisations. i kind of understand them on not trusting, especially when there's their money involved - after all, we live in such period of time when you don't know whom you can really trust and who's just there to fill their own pockets. what i don't understand is how can they not even care? for christ's sake, we're all people and we all live on the same planet, therefor it's our duty to take care of our planet and of each other ... here i will have to disagree with Fannie (sorry), but so far i've met too many people who wouldn't even care to think of what we're doing wrong, so it actually IS impossible that everyone on this planet would actually do something to save the Earth. maybe 75% of people would put some effort, but as long as the rest of 25% doesn't clear their minds and start thinking of this, ... yeah, i think it's enough said. of course, this would help for sure, but is that enough? i don't think so. why i'm saying this? i live in the nature. our village has an "eco-island" as we call it. 3 different big garbage boxes to separate the trash. the problem is, they are 500m away from the village, and therefor out of sight. almost NOBODY cares enough to put their garbage in the right box. you know what they do? they DROP the PLASTIC baggages full of their garbage ON THE GROUND next to the garbage boxes, many of them are opened and the content often falls out, and then the wind carries it around the fields, woods ... and what pisses me off is that half of our village's population is doing this. what pisses me off even more is that this eco-island stands right next to the main road and therefor many people who pass by, stop and drop their garbage as well. if i happen to be close, i stop and watch from afar, if they are actually putting it in the boxes, or just dropping, and it already happened several times that i ran to that person, nagging them about the garbage, and i always even said if they leave it on the ground, i'm calling the police because i have their car number *angel eyes* my mom and sister are doing the same  :)  however, i just wanted to say it's impossible to get everyone change their habits and do the right thing. it would be amazing, though, because i want my children to live in the world i had, full of beautiful sights and landscapes, with fresh air to breathe and fresh water (from the pipe) to drink ... i'm afraid it's not 100% possible. thanks to us. not just by dropping garbage, the worst things here are ... cars ... you think people would give up their "luxury" and take a bus instead, or even better, bike or walk? i don't think so ... why? i know people who sit in the car and go to the shop 500m away. why walk and use your energy, when you can nicely sit in the car with an air-co and pollute the air we all breathe? makes sense, right? ...

Well, I donno whether you saw my reply to Inessa Vinter? There I explained it a bit what my project(s) are :) In first place I'm gonna melt with ISF by creating a community Crew for Belgium (one more, I think there already do exist some here and i'm gonna contact them; project two) together with some friends; websites + sideprojects + events + pictures + articles + fundraising for bigger projects by the mother-organisation (such as building shelters, educating kids) etc ... I also gave myself on as a volunteer for writing articles/translations/projects... I entered as a guest blogger (wrote my first article last week, donno when it'll be posted, I'll let you know :)) and am planning some thing with my job, donno what just yet. Thanks for dropping the deviantART group here, I'm SURE we can use their help!!! Art is a very strong medium to reach out to people!! On time I'll contact you about it :) you inspired me to come up with some more ideas for the Community Crew, thank you!!! And yes certainly for creating awareness ,very very important everything falls or stands with raising a voice!

i read it now. big dreams, i hope you make it  :)  you can count on me if you ever need any help with photos or maybe even some help with writing an article - if only i can, i will help  :)  as for the art, of course, this is the strongest media to keep people informed and aware of the things that are going wrong. in my opinion, there should be huge posters and flyers about polluting and about pure nature hanging in every corner of every city in the world instead of food and vacation and movie and cars and the rest of blahblahblah flyers ... this actually COULD wake up more people, i think  :)  but yeah, let's go and advertise cars and phones, because we don't have enough of those yet. fuckers.

Indeed, it's so sad that we are sometimes even aware and STILL do those things of which we know they destroy our planet. There is a massive island of plastic swimming in the pacific ocean, more than an island actually it's just turning into an ocean of plastic poisoning the living beings underwater/ killing them! And in the long run us as well. Plastic is man-made and it does not disappear!

i saw a part of this video before already, yes. i watched 10 minutes of it last night as well, the rest i will watch when i'm alone, without anyone pushing his fingers between my ribs ( ;D ) it's indeed sad that polluting and dropping our garbage has gone so far that even such a massive water as an ocean is, couldn't avoid it  :(  but yes, people want a comfortable life with everything in the reach of their hands, so let's not care about the innocent animals who have no guilt for all this shit and still have to die because of our  recklessness and negligence!

the walk was amazing, by the way  :)  love you too *biggest hug*

edit: typos *sighs*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:46:19 by Shadows-In-Twilight »

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Theatrical disorder
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 11:23:51 »
Thank YOU, Christina, for your answer, for your time to read and involve!!! This is SO great and I get response I had never dared to hope for!!! First thing I wanna tell you as I was in the same boat as you before ... again I'm gonna quote Gandhi as he's the one (even if he's already dead) who came to make aware, made me listen to my heart, reason about what it told me and get my strength together dare to open myself for it! "You must not lose your faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the oceans are dirty the ocean does not become dirty" and that is so very true, humans tend to sink into negativism, only see black where there's so much white and light on this planet! There are sooooo many people already gathered in the heath of the greater good! We just need to join them to feel the energy and act accordingly. Of course there'll always be people who try to knock you down, form obstacles make you doubt whether what you're doing makes any sense but I can sure tell you guys who already answered me that you def. made me clear that it's worth the energy to fight for what your believe is right. I'm glad to see that you're already involved!!! That's a way I was before as well :) just that I'm not vegetarian, I just don't eat much meat in general and try to find out what happened i.e. how the meat came on my plate, but I'm considering. Though on that matter I'm in a discussion with myself, in one you're having a point when you say it's wrong to breed animals just to kill them so we don't starve... on the other hand it's nature and survival of the fittest that animals eat other animals ... but we also have other options with the knowledge that we have today. It's also like checking where your eggs come from; is it from breed chickes which have no life? or is it from chicken which have a free run? My point is that tooooo many animals suffer unnecessary i.e. because of human's luxury or even entertainment/pleasure/boredom. And it truly has to stop! And WE CAN do something about it in first place by spreading the word, not looking away and do every little action we CAN do... I myself have for example four cats from a shelter which had had already a terrible life up to the point where they came to me and which would have had an even more terrible one if they stayed there just a couple of months longer namely: death. My neighbours have their cats thanks (or due) to me, one evening I came home and there was a little black cat that came to me at the door, I was shocked because it really didn't wanna leave, when I turned back outside it was still sitting there and came to me cuddling and miauwing...I went to my boy a street away and it followed me, my neighbours were already asking whether it was my cat? I was like NO it's not! So a bell went ringing; this cat was lost! I went through the entire neighbourhood to ask whether anyone had lost their cat/knew someone who lost their cat (normally I'm rather shy but when it comes to such things I turn into a lion!) spread leaflets, the cat didn't seem to have a home. My mom didn't wanna keep it, we already had quite some cats by that time, so I begged my neighbor to keep it and they did :) This is just one of the many stories from my past (I ignored) that make me aware now this is a flame that's been lingering for years :) I'm trying to do little actions such as recycling as I said as well turning off the water when I'm brushing my teeth or when I'm using shampoo/showergel before rinsing I switch of the water in the meantime, turn of the lights when I don't really need them (just use them because it makes it easier or something) use candles instead of light, try to endure the heath of summer instead of abusing energy and making a ventilator turn for hours, read a book instead of spending hours on the pc (hard job :D), go by foot or bike to things I'd ask my parents to drive me in the past, only buy fruits/vegetables that are from this season and from my country, drink tapwater instead of bottled water (but I'm aware this is not possible everywhere)! (many more tips will be made accessible once my website is there ;) but you can as I also said to Inessa Vinter check out the Ian Somerhalder Foundation page already to find tips and tricks you can do on a daily basis to help our planet and its resources/animals)

Now your first pessimistic voice inside your head I tried to switch off by a wise man's words... your second pessimistic voice I'll try to kill with my own words ;)
You know Christina, try to turn back to where you come from... by this I mean, you once were one cell, one single cell that contained everything! From one cell a miracle happened that it split in innumerable cells... nature made this happen... it's a miracle that you live, that you breathe, sleep, your body transports blood and oxygen in your body, works with food you eat so that each part of your body gets what it needs... everything happened seemingly by itself... you did the things you had to, to grow inside your mother's belly, you would have never made it if you had this pessimistic voice back then... you surrendered to nature. When we do this now, as grown ups with an ego that tries to run away from every (potential, seemingly) risk in the world to "lose face" because it depends on "what others might think of us" ... if we try to discover this voice which keeps us from what we truly need and want in life we can shut it up, tell it to move... because in fact it's just an illusion, just like economy actually is just an illusion which we humans built. We have all the strength it takes to be who we visualise us to be, to become the change we wanna see in the world ;) YOU ARE everything you need to be and to fight against the mainstream... it's necessary to keep in mind that at the beginning of something you might get resistance, people who are trying to bring you into disbalance, don't believe in you/your project for whatever reason ... but YOU in all your strength, your belief in your own capacities are able to turn this "skepticism" into "respect" when you show people that you know what you're doing, they'll accept it and follow you in your own belief... energy spreads, love spreads, it's infectious and it's good that it is :) I often said it and I truuuuuly believe in it now 100%; EVERYTHING starts with thoughts, with belief! Everything on this planet is energy and we're all connected... fact you said this thread encouraged you only proofs it that my energy came to affect your energy :) and backwards your energy now came to affect mine!!! And I thank you so much for it! Love you!

I will continue checking the Ian Somerhalder Foundation site ^^
Well, if one stops and think thoroughly it is true that within all the horror of human nature and society there are still ppl that work and not only work but give and consecrate their lifes for the wellness of those that have no voice, and I would love to help even beyond the individual sphere. I am glad that u are considering joining the vegetarianism ^^ Some years ago I thought I would never stop eating meat/fish (even thoiugh I never was a big fan of meat) but after reading the experience of other people, reading and watching a lot of stuff about the suffering of the animals that are "created" only for our pleasure (clothes, food, fun) I decided to join: I think nobody has to die for my wellness. Of course in nature is normal that animals eat other animals and I agree with u in the point of checking where ur food comes from :) I eat eggs but I check that eggs come from chickens that have free will and not just be enclosed in farms where they cannot see sunlight....Of course in a state of nature, if I had to survive, I would eat animals, but not animals that are just created to live in a cage and being feed with hormons and bad stuff. I like a lot your proposals about saving energy :) and ur story about those cats, soo lovely ^^ Now I feel more hope since I also remarked each time there are more people concerned in this kind of topics...this also gives me lots of strenght! Thank again for this thread ^^

*big big hug*

So far I will share with all u a Facebook group called "Raw for beauty" (hope it is allowed here to share FB links :p) : maybe some of u know it already: it is a site that promotes a balanced life in respect with nature, and u can find there lots of stuff, from tips for healthy meals, health, environment and some beautiful images with quotes that make think a lot :)
I have learnt some stuff I did not know just by checking from time to time. For example: I learnt about bees, about their important and essential role in the planet; some see them just as insects that produce honey but without them, we could not survive much longer...it is amazing! And in that page there are some tips to help bees and their environment, since they are sometimes exploded by the honey industry and also the pollution.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rawforbeauty/222272341214778?fref=ts
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 11:58:07 »
Kitty: this is such an interesting topic and I'm glad to talk with all of you about how helping the earth, I do believe that if we all do little actions it would help a lot, unfortunatelly there are many people that want to help but don't know what to do or how to do it so thank you for share those links of organizations and information about this topic ;D
So I would like to help you with this project because I think we are still in time to do something for save our planet, of course the first step is create awareness in the people and then the whole world could work together! hard but not impossible  ;)
.... Your posts also made me remember the dream I had when I was about 8 years old, I wanted to create a refugium for homeless animals, take care of them and find them a family ::)

Thank you for your reply Fannie!! So grateful for it! I also believe greatly that each one we can convince to do little actions is a gain for our planet, our outer body that keeps us alive. And YES, I know the helplessness one can feel of having a desire to do something not really knowing why neither having the time to find out/courage to struggle with books/information. That's why it's important that such organisations flourish and get to reach people :) That's why I decided to create a crew that can spread the word and maybe get involved actively in time. Indeed a hard task but not impossible if we do it together and stand above skeptic people who try to steal our precious inspiration away!
I'm glad to have reminded you :) it's a dream I had myself and am sure some day I'll get myself involved on that matter whether as a temporary adoptation house for shelters or creating a shelter of my own... I think in first place I wanna fight for financial support for existing shelters..maybe you'll say I'm crazy and have no chance because many before me tried, maybe you'll be proven right... but the least I can do is try to strengthen up and try to make the government aware that it's insane that they invest millions into the luxus of murderers and other convicts (I am not saying they shouldn't at all!!) and they invest nearly nothing if anything at all into animal rights and organisations that try to dedicate their life to helping the voiceless! There are certainly shelters that get subsidies from government to survive (specially in relation to health care of the animals) but long not all and long not enough for them to help the animals as they have it in mind and mostly after a long complex administrative process that costs a lot of time and money (lawyer). This is one of the aspects ISF is focusing on as well, creating money for shelters (they're building one themselves) by spendings/fundraisings and also one I'd like to focus on in my area as well. You're still studying right? I advice you (as I never did and truly regret it now!!) to involve in existing shelters as a volunteer... it'll give you insights in how a shelter works, give you the experience you need... it's a first step in the direction of your dream I think :)

yes, they are being too careless to even read. it's not like this is entire book at the moment, lol *sighs* as for my student job, yeah i was working at Amnesty International Slovenia, and already there i realized how much people REALLY don't care or don't trust such organisations. i kind of understand them on not trusting, especially when there's their money involved - after all, we live in such period of time when you don't know whom you can really trust and who's just there to fill their own pockets. what i don't understand is how can they not even care? for christ's sake, we're all people and we all live on the same planet, therefor it's our duty to take care of our planet and of each other ...

Not yet that is ... book ... :) I'm greatly thinking of writing one, I studied languages for a reason at this point I haven't been doing anything with it since half a year, I should change it. But still, I understand in a way, there was a time I wouldnt read such topics neither out of the fear to feel helpless, out of the convinced voice inside of me that it's not my task, that I can't change anything... I walked a long way to realise that I CAN change things, if not the entire planet, I can change myself and try to convince those around me to do the same! And THAT is already a big realisation. The fact that 4 people replied here and started thinking about it even offered me their help in my own projects is MORE than I could ever dream off, I thought no reply or interest would be there ... I know it's a difficult issue and that many carry the fixed belief with them that they can't do anything with it. As I said, I don't think it's always a matter of "not caring" I think very often people feel helpless when they come across these topics...practically everyone knows what's happening on this planet but so many have no clue WHAT they could possibly do to change things. Plus indeed that many don't trust organisations, I never did before neither... I never donated to any organisation because I was convinced my money was NEVER used the right way and often just functioned as someone filling their pockets indeed ... because so many organisations make the mistake of sending people on the street collecting members and money... it's one of the things that always teared my belief in these organisations down, the begging ... I did donate to ISF, not right away, I informed myself first, read the website through searched for accomplishments, read/watched interviews and was convinced. Am I an idiote doing so? maybe in the eyes of many but I followed my heart, because they stand for things I believe in, they ACT the way I would do myself if I had the financial means. They have the rigth attitude to my opinion... but that's my business. But yes, many distrust and I think very often it's for the better that they distrust. As I said I was very skeptic about ISF at first as well seeing it's a famous person who set it up... I'm always careful then... but well call it stomach feeling :) you feel it when something or someone inspires you.

here i will have to disagree with Fannie (sorry), but so far i've met too many people who wouldn't even care to think of what we're doing wrong, so it actually IS impossible that everyone on this planet would actually do something to save the Earth. maybe 75% of people would put some effort, but as long as the rest of 25% doesn't clear their minds and start thinking of this, ... yeah, i think it's enough said. of course, this would help for sure, but is that enough? i don't think so.

So better leaving it the way it is? No, I think nothing is impossible when we're collecting and gathering people all over the world. yes it's a challenge and not something that can happen overnight... in fact people all over the world came a whole way already before I became aware but they managed eventually to get me on board... why would it not be possible to even get those 25% convinced in the very end? People are hordes... peer pressure is what we should focus on. If we get the majority to care the rest will follow by itself! Right now it's a matter of swimming against the stream it's fighting the existing peer pressure actually of people convincing others that "we should not care because it doesn't bring anything anyway, who are we to change things" ... but there'll come a time, we're in the middle of it, where we'll get governments to think about change of actually changing and creating with it a new peer pressure... that of caring and doing everything to convince others to care... we're (and I'm truly convinced we can reach this!) going to a reversed situation where those who don't care will be the minority who're fighting against the stream and if we gather our strengths and stay inspired and inspire others we can turn back to nature and make our planet survive. So yes, it is enough, for now ;)

why i'm saying this? i live in the nature. our village has an "eco-island" as we call it. 3 different big garbage boxes to separate the trash. the problem is, they are 500m away from the village, and therefor out of sight. almost NOBODY cares enough to put their garbage in the right box. you know what they do? they DROP the PLASTIC baggages full of their garbage ON THE GROUND next to the garbage boxes, many of them are opened and the content often falls out, and then the wind carries it around the fields, woods ... and what pisses me off is that half of our village's population is doing this. what pisses me off even more is that this eco-island stands right next to the main road and therefor many people who pass by, stop and drop their garbage as well. if i happen to be close, i stop and watch from afar, if they are actually putting it in the boxes, or just dropping, and it already happened several times that i ran to that person, nagging them about the garbage, and i always even said if they leave it on the ground, i'm calling the police because i have their car number *angel eyes* my mom and sister are doing the same  :)  however, i just wanted to say it's impossible to get everyone change their habits and do the right thing. it would be amazing, though, because i want my children to live in the world i had, full of beautiful sights and landscapes, with fresh air to breathe and fresh water (from the pipe) to drink ...

They call it litter, it's a well-known problem... here as well, I was driving home with my mom yesterday and at 300 meter I think I found out they dropped 10 tins of soft drinks, 5 bottles of soft drinks/water, dozens of plastic bags with mull, plastics from candy bars/cookies and what do I know... just on 300 meter where I focussed on!!! It's a growing problem again because they made the container park here much more difficult to enter again as they made the control more severe... people will only be allowed to go there a specific amount of times in future... now THIS are the things that are obstructions of actionplans. The only thing that would work is more sanctions when they don't do what they're supposed to. That's why we need active organisations :) and I have a firm belief in it that it WILL work in the long run. As you say yourself that the majority does it .. and strangely enough people do jump when others jump when it contributes to their own "luxury" of NOT having to move those 200 or 500 meters. I think what you and your family does is a great deal, because it'll make people think even if it's just for one sec! and THAT is the state we're at now, we need to make people aware in some way or another over and over. And we need to do it with a firm belief Klodi :) because otherwise we will destroy ourselves as we destroy our planet... ISF described it as such that there IS not difference between us and our planet; the trees ARE our lungs without them there would be no oxygen to breathe, the rivers ARE our blood veins, without water we wouldn't be able to live... cut all the trees and we have no air, pollute all the rivers and we would have no water to drink ... our body exist for 60 % out of water!!! we need it! If we continue the way we do, we make sure that there will be no more generations possible.

i'm afraid it's not 100% possible. thanks to us. not just by dropping garbage, the worst things here are ... cars ... you think people would give up their "luxury" and take a bus instead, or even better, bike or walk? i don't think so ... why? i know people who sit in the car and go to the shop 500m away. why walk and use your energy, when you can nicely sit in the car with an air-co and pollute the air we all breathe? makes sense, right? ...

That's another prob. you're addressing there indeed... governments try to make people aware for years already that we need to fall back on healthy means of transport ... healthy for ourselves and for our planet... I think nobody really invented the rigth advertisment yet... it's a thing to brainstorm about... many people won't change if it doesn't bring them anything, it's sad and you can be angry about it but let's just face it... it's human and so instead of trying to change THAT, we should just try to anticipate on it ... we have in my town this action "with tinkling bells to the shop" trying to encourage people to move by bike... in each shop, in each public institution even in some of the caffees you get a stamp on a card when you come by bike. You can collect as many stamps/cards as you wish and put them in a box (spread over participating instances) and at the end you can win numerous amounts of prices going from flowers to books, to what do I know :) it works! 

i read it now. big dreams, i hope you make it  :)  you can count on me if you ever need any help with photos or maybe even some help with writing an article - if only i can, i will help  :)  as for the art, of course, this is the strongest media to keep people informed and aware of the things that are going wrong. in my opinion, there should be huge posters and flyers about polluting and about pure nature hanging in every corner of every city in the world instead of food and vacation and movie and cars and the rest of blahblahblah flyers ... this actually COULD wake up more people, i think  :)  but yeah, let's go and advertise cars and phones, because we don't have enough of those yet. fuckers.

Ah I will make it ;) together with aaaaaaall of you :) I'm grateful and be sure I will involve you :) photos were exactly what I thought of ... when I think of nature I think of all the incredible photographs you make of our beautiful planet ... no article without photo's... no presentations without photo's or even videos :) And yeah, great idea, if it weren't that posters and flyers are mostly produced from trees that were cut in large amounts i.e. our lungs ... but yes, if they cut them anyhow we could better use them to give them their own voice, that's true.

i saw a part of this video before already, yes. i watched 10 minutes of it last night as well, the rest i will watch when i'm alone, without anyone pushing his fingers between my ribs ( ;D ) it's indeed sad that polluting and dropping our garbage has gone so far that even such a massive water as an ocean is, couldn't avoid it  :(  but yes, people want a comfortable life with everything in the reach of their hands, so let's not care about the innocent animals who have no guilt for all this shit and still have to die because of our  recklessness and negligence!

mmm it's a sad sad thing... and it'll only go further if we don't do everything that lies within our own power... each voice count, everyone counts! Only when we stand still and watch and act upon it we can change it... if everyone thinks "it's not my business" nothing'll happen ... we'll stand there and watch our planet die... just like there was no wine on the marriage because everyone brought water!! to remember people where part of my inspiration comes from! Even if our influence may seem insignificant, we NEED to do it, we NEED to make our voice heard in order to save our planet and with it ourselves, and if we all listen very carefully to our inner voice it'll tell us the exact same thing because I'm doing nothing else now but letting the scream flow onto this screen! I'm doing nothing else but letting my heart speak at this very moment where I write it and I know that the same voice is screaming in all of us as we're part of nature, we're biological systems, no matter how much we tried to turn away from it and neglect it we ARE nature and interconnected with EVERYTHING on this planet! therefore it's very important that we save it and it's natural that when we listen to our inner voice that it'll tell us exactly this.

the walk was amazing, by the way  :)  love you too *biggest hug*

Glad to read this :) love you!

To share something inspiring :) you really want all this to die?

Wild Amazon Part 1

Wild Amazon Part 2

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 12:26:18 »
I will continue checking the Ian Somerhalder Foundation site ^^
Well, if one stops and think thoroughly it is true that within all the horror of human nature and society there are still ppl that work and not only work but give and consecrate their lifes for the wellness of those that have no voice, and I would love to help even beyond the individual sphere. I am glad that u are considering joining the vegetarianism ^^ Some years ago I thought I would never stop eating meat/fish (even thoiugh I never was a big fan of meat) but after reading the experience of other people, reading and watching a lot of stuff about the suffering of the animals that are "created" only for our pleasure (clothes, food, fun) I decided to join: I think nobody has to die for my wellness. Of course in nature is normal that animals eat other animals and I agree with u in the point of checking where ur food comes from :) I eat eggs but I check that eggs come from chickens that have free will and not just be enclosed in farms where they cannot see sunlight....Of course in a state of nature, if I had to survive, I would eat animals, but not animals that are just created to live in a cage and being feed with hormons and bad stuff. I like a lot your proposals about saving energy :) and ur story about those cats, soo lovely ^^ Now I feel more hope since I also remarked each time there are more people concerned in this kind of topics...this also gives me lots of strenght! Thank again for this thread ^^

*big big hug*

Indeed :) and it's on those people we should focus, those who care and try to gather strengths... one individual is not capable of much (of something but not much) but groups of individuals ARE! Well I never considered vegetarianism before simply because meat is something I don't really eat... the amounts of meat I eat is getting less and less all by itself which makes me aware I don't really need it... so yes, now that I'm probably gonna move out soon, it might be the time to abandon it from my lifestyle there are a lot of things which can replace it so I still get all minerals I need. Because at this point I think I'm just eating meat out of a habbit, everyone around me does... so why wouldn't I ... but yes, thinking about it, it means that I'm one person less contributing to people making animals suffer. Glad you found hope (I think it's more like inspiration ;)) and I hope that we can continue to be this for each other, a source of inspiration, to not lose courage :) in fact I KNOW we can continue to be this :) no need to thank me for this topic ;) without you guys there wouldn't be a thread at all so :)

BIIIIIIIIG hug!

So far I will share with all u a Facebook group called "Raw for beauty" (hope it is allowed here to share FB links :p) : maybe some of u know it already: it is a site that promotes a balanced life in respect with nature, and u can find there lots of stuff, from tips for healthy meals, health, environment and some beautiful images with quotes that make think a lot :)
I have learnt some stuff I did not know just by checking from time to time. For example: I learnt about bees, about their important and essential role in the planet; some see them just as insects that produce honey but without them, we could not survive much longer...it is amazing! And in that page there are some tips to help bees and their environment, since they are sometimes exploded by the honey industry and also the pollution.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rawforbeauty/222272341214778?fref=ts

Thanks for sharing! Just liked it so I'll get the updates... yes beeeees are very interesting biological systems indeed! I read an article lately as well that they're in danger and how them being in danger means us being in danger... they're suffering the pollution, it's SO sad!