Author Topic: What to do about terrible critics to Tilo/Lacrimosa?  (Read 3444 times)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
Antw:What to do about terrible critics to Tilo/Lacrimosa?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 22:58:36 »
I agree with you Kitty. It's no problem for me when people give reasons as to why they don't like something I do, because differences are what make the world interesting. But I strongly disagree with people who claim what they like is better just because it's common sense, or because it's the most widespread tendency-so it has to be right-, or because what they like is normal, as I've heard some other people call, let's say, pop music. I think differences in confrontations of this style do vary from culture to culture, given that people in some cultures tend to be more passionate about things than others. In any case, I think that respect is a universal rule and that love and forgiveness should be the features that characterize people who want a better world.
PS: :( I did hesitate about the section this question should belong to... I am sorry if I made the wrong choice :(

Oh dear don't worry! I did not blame you just thought it may belong to another group, as I'm not sure myself  ;)
For me i indeed can accept people dislike something without a reason...or simply giving negative comments..I just won't bother to talk them back...that's unimportan for me....like something or dislike is just feeling....and I try not to persuade anyone in anyway, only discover gossips when they appear....Those comments or gossips falling on them like raindrops falling on a diamond...

I understand how you feel when someone giving negative comments...but i learned the best thing is not to argue back when people criticize(reasonable or unreasonable), but simply ignoring them, and showing them how good you are ;)

The first time when Lacrimosa came to china, there were no negative comments, and later there are bit more...it only proves 3 things: 1). Fans growing , so by percentage negative comments grows too
2). The more familiar people get to know something/someone, they have more tendency to criticize.
3). As media effects, we are more sensitive to negativs than to positives so we noticed that. (just like we pay more attention to media with negative news)

Also there are different types of people who criticize. One is that they really dislike them, and some others actually repeatedly telling me negative about them not because of the band, because they want to disappoint ME...well...i do have brain  ;)
Another kind is interesting cause they try to give them negative comments to impress others, show that they have a big personality and being critical...
 (I noticed that from communities when Revolution album releases).....and after concerts, just like i expected...everyone is too busy adoring them with "ohh how handsome they are...ohh that music rocks in live"  ;)

Therefore...it's never really problem...and even if that was problem, that cannot influence me too.
Art... is something pure and beautiful. without profit and prejudgements in this world...nothing from outside world can bring it down

Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

JaimeWolff Offline mx

• Master Forenkenner
  • Der kelch des Leben
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 23:32:43 »

The first time when Lacrimosa came to china, there were no negative comments, and later there are bit more...it only proves 3 things: 1). Fans growing , so by percentage negative comments grows too
2). The more familiar people get to know something/someone, they have more tendency to criticize.
3). As media effects, we are more sensitive to negativs than to positives so we noticed that. (just like we pay more attention to media with negative news)

I totally agree with those three points :)

People always criticize what they don't know... :)
A society who fights their wars with ideas and information instead swords and iron... That's my idea

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 17:56:08 »
 :D Oh, but without people paying so much energy and mind to Lacrimosa I would have never even heard of the band, for example! ;) Don't you worry, I really doubt that after all these years of constant touring the band can be upset by some homemade critics ;) and critics can be pitied, both with those that try to live their lives through Lacrimosa, forgetting their own - I won't elaborate, but that's truly pitiful cases, in my opinion - for they can't enjoy such a musical offering as Lacrimosa!

And sometimes people really don't like the way band's musical style evolves: I've a friend, for example, who basically can't stand any album after Echos (which he considers a real classic, though!) and constantly tries to tease me about my views (and sometimes I - don't kill me!!! - allow myself some criticism, too!) ;) Let them be! All people differ, and it's in their nature to grow through rejecting something!
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Lorena_89 Offline ar

• Forenguru
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 18:59:24 »
Just read this and I want to tell you all, that it's normal people talking bullsh*t about artists on the Internet, do you know that many artists prefer to not read comment about them on youtube? Because people always complain, it's a human nature, to complain, to deny artists' talent, at the end we also do it, someones in silence some others on their personal facebook page, and others like the show off and... make it public, I think it's not necessary to creat a big deal, I am talking about my own experience, I was named 'Ms Justice' because when someone talked about my fave singer I was the 1st defending like a true supporter but years had passed by and I understood, haters gonna keep on hating bands, and singers. To report the comment or the account would be more than enough. Keep on supporting Lacrimosa or any other band and let haters rotten alone.

\m/ HORNS UP in the name of metal \m/
★ Leave a trail of Magick wherever you go! ★

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Theatrical disorder
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 21:10:18 »
Yesterday night while I was in Undead, a guy got me to talk and then he told me he had met Tilo in the DJ-session as me, that he is a great fan and he gave him a bottle of wine that night. Then, he told me that last January he was also in the concert of Barcelona, and in the afterparty, and he reminded Tilo about the fact of the wine-bottle but he did not remember. Also he told me he remarked Tilo was quite cold and inexpressive with him (I can guess the reasons), so he lead to the conclusion that he might be a great artist but an arrogant man. When I listened this, this topic came to my mind automatically XD. My reaction was of ignoring him, I mean, if he thinks so and he thinks he experienced things this way, what can I do? getting mad with this person because of an opinion would not be appropiate according to my way of thinking, so, I just can say I disagree and that's it. It's moreover such a subjective criticism, not about the music, the albums (well, the opinion of each other about these is subjective and individual too xD) but about his personality, so I just can say what I lived or what I think. In general I ignore criticism except if it is in an intelligent way and I can speak with that person in a good way and express my arguments and reasons. Each one has the right to like or dislike sth and I would not like a person getting mad at me if I say that some singer/band is bad for me, just because this person is a big fan of this singer/band.
For impolite criticism, more ignorance and less attention I pay...for me it's not worthy wasting time with such people that can just insult and disregard other people to feel better ^^.
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

Fernanda Alves Offline br

• Forenhase
  • Sprechen ist ein täglicher Kampf gegen die Angst..
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 17:25:54 »
Well, here in Brazil we have to deal with this.

There's many barriers for Lacrimosa here.
Here is the land of happiness and joy. Naked women (I don't like it), samba, etc.

Who likes samba, doesn't like rock/metal. The inverse happens.
I don't like samba, for example.
It's rare to find someone who likes both. I think it's because samba song are foolish, the actual samba it's always depreciating women, sex it's something so dirty in their vision, the lyrics has no content. But it's a happy arrangement, so many dance and forget the lyrics. They usually say that we have to valorize our culture. That's not culture, in my opinion.

For these people, rock is something difficult to understand. I'm part of few who speaks english. It's one barrier.
Another barrier: extremely different of what Brazilians are used to hear.
I said here is land of happiness and joy. Many people believe Lacrimosa is so sad. For them Lacrimosa doesn't fit in our concepts.
If people here don't speak english, when they see German, they get scared (another barrier).
The complexity of the lyrics doesn't attract them too.

So if they can't understand, they depreciate it.
I don't care, because I do the same with them, but with more arguments, of course.
"This is my sole prayer for blessing your heart"... ♫

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 21:25:16 »
Yesterday night while I was in Undead, a guy got me to talk and then he told me he had met Tilo in the DJ-session as me, that he is a great fan and he gave him a bottle of wine that night. Then, he told me that last January he was also in the concert of Barcelona, and in the afterparty, and he reminded Tilo about the fact of the wine-bottle but he did not remember. Also he told me he remarked Tilo was quite cold and inexpressive with him (I can guess the reasons), so he lead to the conclusion that he might be a great artist but an arrogant man. When I listened this, this topic came to my mind automatically XD. My reaction was of ignoring him, I mean, if he thinks so and he thinks he experienced things this way, what can I do? getting mad with this person because of an opinion would not be appropiate according to my way of thinking, so, I just can say I disagree and that's it. It's moreover such a subjective criticism, not about the music, the albums (well, the opinion of each other about these is subjective and individual too xD) but about his personality, so I just can say what I lived or what I think. In general I ignore criticism except if it is in an intelligent way and I can speak with that person in a good way and express my arguments and reasons. Each one has the right to like or dislike sth and I would not like a person getting mad at me if I say that some singer/band is bad for me, just because this person is a big fan of this singer/band.
For impolite criticism, more ignorance and less attention I pay...for me it's not worthy wasting time with such people that can just insult and disregard other people to feel better ^^.

so familiar situation, when such people think an artist owe them something or must fulfill all their expectations in behavior and music! But they never have a single thought that this is a free person with his\her own life, decisions and wills  :(

as for critics, many time people tried to tell me something bad about the bands i like and about Lacrimosa too, and i always reply that during these years, I've build my own very precise picture about of Lacrimosa and the people involved in this creation, that I don't really need any other opinions so please don't listen to it alone if you don't like it, i don't push earphones into your ears and fuck you forever, hehe, kidding but not very much ::)" and to the question "why do you listen to it, what have you found in it?" i reply that i find this question very stupid -  I just love it's beautiful music and beautiful lyrics, as it always happens when you love a band :D
Greetings from St.Pete

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 21:36:02 »
there's a good quote of someone (unfortunately i don't know the real author, i don't trust internet) - before you tell something to someone, at first drive it through 3 filters:
1) truth - are you sure it is true?
2) kindness - is it for something good?
3) necessity - is it really necessary for you?

I would advise this to everyone who criticises our talented, kind and hardworking musicians  :)
Greetings from St.Pete