Author Topic: What to do about terrible critics to Tilo/Lacrimosa?  (Read 3445 times)

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
  • To fly, to feel, to be as brave as they taught me
What to do about terrible critics to Tilo/Lacrimosa?
« on: May 02, 2013, 18:48:26 »
I was looking for an interview of Tilo in Youtube and I came across some despicable comments about Tilo (in spanish)!!! I am completely furious and I was planning on sucribing to one of these people's channels to affront them and ask for explanations... But nah... I don't think it's worth it... I've also heard people critizice Lacrimosa because of their unique style, saying that they are not this nor that... Grrr

Anyhow... How do you guys deal with this sort of people? I mean... I do get enraged and want to almost kill them, but I know it's really a waste of time. Still... what do you guys do? Do you just ignore these people?...

PS. I am still mad to this cretin!
Dem Leben neu erwacht und erwacht ganz neu im Leben - Lacrimosa!

Antw:What to do about terrible critics to Tilo/Lacrimosa?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 19:24:30 »

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 19:24:50 »
Imho facing such kind of things is inevitable in the internet, whatever you are interested in - Lacrimosa, cooking, kittens, whatever. You will find disrespectful comments about what you like anywhere, because people are people and  in the internet they sometimes lose their boundaries.
What you can do, as I see it, is this:
1) report to a moderator of there is any at that particular place
2) leave positive comments with good opinion about the band as a contrast (that's always a good choice I think)
3) disagree and show real arguments that they are not right (remaining polite!). This option can lead to further trolling from that person and fuel the flaming. But sometimes one really has to tell people that they are being disrespectful.

One really has to think what is more appropriate in each case... but just simply shouting at the offender won't do any good, imho, it will only result in more ugly things happening
Well, that's my point of view on such things.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 19:29:55 »
I tend to recall something but I don't know if they're from Tilo or from someone else but ... "people either love or hate lacrimosa but either way...they both show interest, so he moved them in one way or another which is never bad" ... and furtheron try to ignore it, you can always wonder why people feel the big need to utter their negativeness about something; is it really because they dislike it or because they secretly do admire how they are and envy them a bit because of their uniqueness? And on the other hand there are always people who just like being negative, bitchy, irritating, bad-spreading just for the sake of it ... my past learned me it's better to keep your breath count to ten and move on as if you didn't read/see/hear anything ... energy's too precious to waste it on negativeness :) life's too short for it too :) But nice to read though that you care so much you want to defend them at any price :) You won't change those people's mind anyway most likely the opposite i.e. encourage their rage.
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:02:50 »
I'm agree with Julia and Kitty, just try to ignore those people because most of the time what they are trying is to make us angry and have a bad time so don't let this happen ;)

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:13:38 »
Agree, the best you can do is ignore them, after all, we know: irgendein arsch ist immer unterwegs!
Ich warte auf dich! 

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 03:14:08 »
Just ignore them. They're not worth your energies. What it matters is what Lacrimosa/Tilo mean to you. I know what his music means to me. I know what I saw of him these two days in Argentina. And that's all I need.
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 04:53:27 »
You guys are completely right! I know negative passion must be controlled. And yeah... if I let these people get to me, ruin my day, then they will succeed with their less than primitive arguments. Thanks for reminding me of that!

It's definite: Irgendein Arsch ist immer unterwegs!!! ( ;) NuWoLa )

JaimeWolff Offline mx

• Master Forenkenner
  • Der kelch des Leben
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 06:29:02 »
Just laugh with them!! :D They will never understand...
A society who fights their wars with ideas and information instead swords and iron... That's my idea

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 09:52:37 »
I agree with NuWola and Fannie. Just ignore them and think about Irgendein Arsch ist immer unterwegs. It´s the best way.  :)
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 11:19:42 »
If they simply dislike and give negative comments on music or their looks whatever that doesn't bother me at all, I wouldn't even think bad of those people...cause everyone thinks differently and tastes vary so much of course people can dislike or hate them...some other bands you criticize, can be precious for someone else too...
Aslo i think not being a newbie in this scene(23 years..) and having experienced so many different cultures events and over the world, they must have got used to that and wouldn't be so vulnerable and weak when confronting all those...(yeah i believe they are good survivers
The only thing would irratate me a lot is when people spreading strange gossips about their privacy and I think that has to be controlled... because it's unfair

(i thought this belongs to offtopic btw?)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:22:00 by LUSha »
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 19:41:19 »
(i thought this belongs to offtopic btw?)

Thin line, I don't think it's needed, seeing it still deals with Lacrimosa/its fanbase critics as such so if at all I'd replace it to inside as in "about the music" even if it's more about the reactions of others on the music/its creator. Anyhow to explain why I didn't take action though it crossed my mind.

As to your reaction, I do think bad of people who denigrate others/speak in a humiliating ways about someone, not just if it's lacrimosa but in general I go in defense-mode when I hear someone being "impossible" to someone else... there's a difference between negative and negative... it's normal to dislike something, and to express your opinion on it but this doesn't mean that you need to state is as a general fact IMHO as if "it" were bad just because you say so. Nonetheless I learned that it's always better to shut up, you don't change people's minds most likely just create a boomerang situation + them being rude to you as well. And this is another thin line which also varies within cultures I've noticed thanks to my language studies.

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 20:34:12 »
I agree with you Kitty. It's no problem for me when people give reasons as to why they don't like something I do, because differences are what make the world interesting. But I strongly disagree with people who claim what they like is better just because it's common sense, or because it's the most widespread tendency-so it has to be right-, or because what they like is normal, as I've heard some other people call, let's say, pop music. I think differences in confrontations of this style do vary from culture to culture, given that people in some cultures tend to be more passionate about things than others. In any case, I think that respect is a universal rule and that love and forgiveness should be the features that characterize people who want a better world.

I too have strong reactions when it comes to stopping bullies/people who denigrate others. That's something that's just not acceptable in my book, and I feel like I have the obligation to let these people know that those are not acceptable behaviours in a civilized era. And when it comes to things I really love, like Lacrimosa, even if I don't take action, denigrating comments do get to me. Anyway... I will keep refining my reactions in order to be able to keep calm conversations even with people who don't show common courtesy. I will keep trying to improve myself in order to be able to contribute something to this crazy world we live in.

PS: :( I did hesitate about the section this question should belong to... I am sorry if I made the wrong choice :(

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 20:42:41 »
imho it's ok that this topic is in Outside, because it is about the interaction between people and Lacrimosa, after all... the reaction of people to the band

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 20:54:32 »
PS: :( I did hesitate about the section this question should belong to... I am sorry if I made the wrong choice :(

no need to apologize nor feel bad :)