Author Topic: Lacrimosa at WGT 2013?  (Read 17776 times)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
Antw:Lacrimosa at WGT 2013?
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 11:20:05 »
Ok my report here

A fashion show with music programs - WGT impression
(and Leipzig tourist impression too)

Honestly when i first saw lineup of WGT and compare it with Amphi or M'era Luna, it was kind of disappointing, except the highlight Lacrimosa. I kind of get aethetically tired out for some repeated band types, the very limited bands i wanted to see were mostly conflicted in time or venue so i decide just to give up the rest for Lacrimosa

Darkwood
Das ich
Ensiferum
Lacrimosa
Letzte Instanz
Sleeping dogs wake
VNV nation

I started looking Mitfahren at the last minute ;)), it turned out really nice experience this time,
the driver was a lovely beautiful german girl, and other two guys were science students, we had nice time chatting in car and so much fun and laughed all the way therefore time passes quickly.
When we getting closer to Leipzig(i find this region in Germany even remind me more of Inner Mogolia!) the sunlight casting on vast, flat grassland and huge windmills standing above, beautiful colours and rich in green.
Also the city was much bigger than i imaginged, just when we entering the city i already saw different "dark kindred", at railway station was more spectacular.

May 18 First day, arrival, Letzte Instanz and Suicide Commando
When i got there it was 4 pm on May 18, went to my hostel, was not bad at all ;) the other guys in the room were almost all for WGT, some told me actually there were quite some americans or people from UK,
So...my outfit for first day was (an attempt to dress up like Harley Quinn)...for second day was (an attempt to dress up like i don't know...self designed outfit which i would like to call it 'Golden Years she's in parties' lol)

Althought I'm not a big fan of....gothic scenes or decorations like this, still I was very excited about the market, seeing all the products and clothes in Agra Halle, and i spent quite some time there, I like arrangement of such markets hall in Germany very much, also amazed at how big the market could be, variety from CDs to costumes and SM products, and by the side equipped with quick snacks and drinks, everything is to made, for the comfort of life.
Most "goths" I saw seem to really love victorian style, and look really elegant. Cyber goth and electronic style is also popular.....and...so many steampunks! Besides some i noticed some funny cosplay from Sweet Lolita..gothic lolita...even Pikachu to Geisha  lol
After checking out the market i went to Letzte Instanz, in Heidnisches Dorf, I quite like this village(remind me of Orc village), it's about 10 minutes walk from Agra Halle, and it's all green, with the little tents where people selling drinks and bbq, the only thing was...during the whole concert, the smoke was all over me by wind so in the end i think i smell like one...

Letzte Instanz ends around 9.05, I wanted to check out Suicide Commando, which according to my bf is the "only Belgian pride" (sarcastic smile)lol But then when returning to Agra Halle it took us like really long time to queue, atmosphere of Suicide Commando live was not bad, Johan walked on stage from left to right and to left(;))), and finally ends concert with See you in hell but before leaving the stage people already started shouting zugabe, encored about 2 or 3 times(?)

May 19 Half day in Museum and Keller
The 19th Lacrimosa performances that day, I slept until 10:00 or so and my roommates even later i think they had quite some party last night then i went out, one thing i have to see is Auerbachs Keller, cause I love Mephisto! lol well i thought they have some shows in the bar but i went there too early, it's not open untill 11.30
Then i find this city history museum in Alte Rathaus, only two floors but much information! I spent my time there from about 11.30 till 14. And...I wouldn't know Leipzig was already that a warlike city track back to Middle age.
And their guild system specially interested me! I saw something similar in museum of Hannover garden of the guild, and also the water pump sytem...was suuuuch great fun! And also the cooking pot with three feet, i have seen exactly the same in China, was thinking...umm.. our ancestors think alike...
also the "Tragsessel", I have seen in Hannover which according to introduction was an exotic import from China, and that left you wonder...such small difference with people around the world, and fashion will just go beyond boundaries and spread fast.

That funnies helmet  i ever seen! was laughin in front of it...

A large part in Mordern was about WW1, WW2 and the DDR, which was extremely...intriguing..! As there i recognized lots...similar education like we had lol

Every detail was the same! So i wonder if their past could be our future  ;)

Then I finally went Auerbachs Keller during meal time

It wasn't quite the same as what i imainged from Faust, but still, it was some hope fulfilled! The taste of food and bier was not bad, and also not too pricy.

Totally coincidence
After my visit to Museum and Keller i went back to where i live, just entered HBF i met Yenz, Henrik, JP and Joerg
walking out of it, surprise! I was so happy meeting them there again, so we quickly greeted each other and i went back to hostel.

And evening is for Lacrimosa
I got to Agra Halle around 17.00
The day of the band table. .
Lord of the Lost (did not see this)
Unzucht (provoking show and....it is..wellll...okaaaay music...)
End of Green (don't want to be mean but i really think they suck)
The Birthday Massacre (first time I see them live unexpectedly I kind of like this girl and her style, cute and violent)
Lacrimosa (finally!)

Well they ARE popular! You got to see with your eyes..At least you got to fight your way to front, at least almost everyone in front went there for Lacrimosa (Schattenlady was waiting since 17 Uhr!) some girls in front simply sitting on floor and wait for Lacrimosa (girls...!) also the host introduced them as.."growing up together with the band"(same for me)

So before the concert i thought, well Germans don't like get in front row... ::) i was in another Zone drank something, and wanted to do some sketch around that clock around stage so i entered Agra Halle a bit earlier---it's full! I cannot even grab out my sketchbook! i only managed to third row around 6 pm, and till 8.30 i was around 2nd row...then a couple before me left, then i made my way to front ;)

I got my tips when squeezing my way to the front ;B if there's any girls dress up very classy...victorian...delicate...then i needed to avoid them cause they must be there for Lacrimosa, on other hand, the girls who dress up in shiny pvc tights or like cyber goth, got a chance there! ;)
Oh, and avoid people who dyed their hair half white half black! 
When the show about the start someone poked me behind, i thought in beginning someone tried to get agressive, but later it was Ankh! total surprise ;D and I still wonder how Ankh recognized me xDDDD
then i start to chat with Ankh, he came all the way from Munchen, at this time another lady on my left kept on turning back, in the end i knew she was Schattenlady!  ;D nice coincidence meet! And then, I saw Jenny and Tänzerin der Dunkelheit on the left. I was sooo happy to recognize all the familiar faces and knew we all got luck to the front lol ;D ;D

Now with this show i was totally satisfied, no worries, just jump into the music, just join the moment with all the others, get release, stress off, it was amazing and so perfect that doesn't need any extra compliments from me! Setlist is of no great difference than world tour but stick with THE classic ones, also they played Liebesspiel/Fassade for the first time in Germany(Ankh is now happy? ;) the change of Tilo's Guitar part in Rote Sinfonie was also nice!
And of course Tilo introduced Julien as "the first time this German drummer playing in Germany"
Encored once with three songs and end with LichtGestalt(funny thing was when Tilo said our last song...me and another girl on my right both thought it was Copycat)

Then had a good time after the show.
I first went to merchandise desk, there i saw Joerg (always cheer me up to meet Joerg somehow) Then Matze, then meeting another Matze  ;D ;D
Anyway was fun to know them..and then we get to know more fans from Mexico, Belarus, Russia (A Lacrimosa UN here ;DDD) ...sweet nice girls ;) and followed with a great party (with drinks ;))) I was very happy knowing these people and feeling no boundries...and yeah you can hear English, German, Finnish, Russian, Spanish in the meetup lol
So till the next day morning(thanks to Jenny and Tänzerin der Dunkelheit I found my way back to HBF lol
And then i took the same Mitfahren back home, everything perfect  ;)

So...what i think of WGT....it was nice...experience it for the first time
it was fun, to see the tolerence of Germany  ;)
But it's only fun with friends together to meet there and spend a good time ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:25:34 by LUSha »
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 18:37:20 »
@LUSha! thanks for the detailed and lovely review! :) I enjoyed reading ;)
And this makes me feel looking forward to WTG for next year! I hope I will finally able to go... :D I am sure I will feel there as if I was in paradise ;)
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 21:36:20 »
I love to read these heart-warming reviews, thank you LuSha! I'm so glad you enjoyed this much and well.. I also dream with being there some day and meet with some of you!
Ich warte auf dich! 

Matze Offline de

• Administrator
  • Forenhase
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2013, 22:15:31 »
I first went to merchandise desk, there i saw Joerg (always cheer me up to meet Joerg somehow) Then Matze, then meeting another Matze  ;D ;D

Actually, the other Matze is just Matthias. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to keep ourselves apart ;)
---
Hall of Sermon Shop
P.O. Box 12 33
99706 Sondershausen
Germany

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2013, 23:56:26 »
@Malina, thank you! You should go next year, even i--am not into scene would already feel totally at ease and at home  ;) it must be paradise to enjoy for you.

@Diana thank you ! We will meet, someday ;D

@Matze, lolll ok then Matze be thy name,  the other one stays Matthias  ;)

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2013, 01:00:53 »
Thanks LUSha for your report!! ;D I'm glad you enjoyed the WGT!

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2013, 03:08:13 »
I loved reading your review, Lü!!! Now I want to go there next year!!!
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2013, 17:13:15 »
@Fannie

@Rajel

Thank you!  ;D ;D

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2013, 21:11:56 »
Finally I read your report, Lü Sha, very interesting, thanks for sharing ;)
As for me, I would have went also to see Das Ich (apart from Lacrimosa of course)... I think it was their first (or so) time live after the frontman recovered from an illnness. And of course seeing the city would be great too!

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 23:34:46 »
Thank you for reading Julia ;D
Yeah i was really curious about them...!

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
  • To fly, to feel, to be as brave as they taught me
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2013, 07:04:25 »
Beautiful review LUSha! :) Thanks for sharing. It makes me happy to hear about so many people from the forum together! Aw!! :) :) Lots of hugs to all of you! :) ...

I NEED to be there someday... I WILL be there, some not so close, but beautiful day! :)

PS: Fassade??? I'd be amazing to hear that one live! :) :)
Dem Leben neu erwacht und erwacht ganz neu im Leben - Lacrimosa!

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 17:19:08 »
Beautiful review LUSha! :) Thanks for sharing. It makes me happy to hear about so many people from the forum together! Aw!! :) :) Lots of hugs to all of you! :) ...

I NEED to be there someday... I WILL be there, some not so close, but beautiful day! :)

PS: Fassade??? I'd be amazing to hear that one live! :) :)

Yes meeting people , these people give me energy!  ;D

You have to hear that at live! Fassade 3 ending and with the excellent drummer Julien and his powerful plays!  * ;) ;) ;)*

I could get a boner listening to it   ::) ::) ::)

Annieheaven Offline de

• Forenhase
  • Aus d. Koma m. Seele gibt es keine Tür ins Licht
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 17:33:57 »
Hey Lusha, I was there too btw.. with my son.. he saw Lacrimosa live for the first time.. we were afraid the security would make problems since children were not allowed in anymore after 10 .. but luckily had no problem... went in at 8 and sat down before the agra hall and waited for Lacrimosa.. we had absolutely no interest in Birthday Massacre so.. the concert was very good.. and when Tilo invited us to the merchendise stand my son was one of the first to run there..lol.. that was funny.. he told me next concert he wants to see them again .. "when do they play again when do they play again" he asked.. lol.. I saw you at the merchendise stand btw Lusha.. :) just didnt know you was from the forum back then.. I really wonder why I never came here before.. hmmm .. and and my son got a picture with Tilo too.. I still dont have any.. oh well.. :)
"Es ist der Traum der mich geführet und folgen werde ich bis in die Glut!" (Tilo Wolff)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 22:22:39 »
@Annie...

So that was you and your boy? I do remember you in front of me though, Anne liked him and then Tilo came, took photo with him, and he's looking around and when someone said "look at the camera, it's this way" so that's actually you?  ;D ;D Was fun to know that your son also enjoyed it! Lucky boy with a rocking mom!  ;D
Good we re-recognized each other again on forum  ;D ;D
Well it's never too late to join here....
actually this is the only band forum i visit...  ;D

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
  • To fly, to feel, to be as brave as they taught me
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2013, 23:02:56 »
@LUSha

lol! I think I'd have one too! hahaha... I guess I'd lose my mind... as usual! :) :) :) ... Some day... ah... some day :)

@Annieheaven

You should post the picture of your boy and Tilo! How sweet that'd be! :) :)
Dem Leben neu erwacht und erwacht ganz neu im Leben - Lacrimosa!