Author Topic: a story behind a photo (new)  (Read 8146 times)

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:a story behind a photo (new)
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 08:24:01 »
Yay! I loved that topic!  :D

I'll go for automatic writing, since it's an excercise I enjoy a lot  :P

He looked at the red leaves above his head. It seemed that God had been bleeding all day long into the trees and he couldn't avoid wondering what had made him, the all mighty, bleed as much as a frail human. Perhaps a memory, like the one that started to pulse beneath his scap. Mamma's perfume always smelled of lavander in the silk of her blouse and pappa's glace would always seem ice-cold even if he was looking at a much younger "me" with love. Perhaps because his eyes were blue. Perhaps because he was missing someone else. It wouldn't make a difference: they were all gone now. He couldn't even remember for how long they had been gone. He couldn't even remember how he looked as a child. He was a grown man, with his own life, with his own family waiting for him to come back in a plane from the other side of the Earth. But still, there was a little pain hidden somewhere between his ribs and his spine when he thought that the house where he had grown was no longer at the end of the street where he standing now. Mamma's face had faded away in the cables of his brain with the years and all that remained of pappa was a wrist watch forever still at 3:40, in a time where they had both existed.

(oh, my, why do I always have to make everything so depresing?)

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 11:08:12 »
Mario, i love it!

anyone else?  :P  the deadline will be here soon  :o
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 18:00:12 »
Okay, my input :P

The world was coated in tender light of the last warm days. They were going, and he sighed, listening to the birds stirring up somewhere behind him. Laziness, spilled in the hazy day, overcame him so much, that all birds knew he wasn't a threat now.

They were going... He sniffed the air for the barely traceable whiff of girl's perfume, reminding him of Her. Her intricately shaped lips, the spectre of Her eyecolor, the perfect geometry of Her long tender fingers...

Impatient, he jumped onto his feet and stretched. The tender light coated him too, he knew that. Almost like back then...

They were going. Soon their shadows would start growing longer and longer, until out of sight... Startled at a sudden thought, he ran for Her. Not for Her, but for the one wearing the same perfume. He ran, and ran, and ran...

The world was coated in tender light of the last warm days, growing colder and colder. He ran, feeling the approaching cold from all sides, pressing him, ran, trying to ward it off with the warmth coming from inside. Hope. Run. Hope. Run. Hope...

They were going. She was going. With another man. She had a family. She didn't need him anymore. He ran. He ran to ask. To ask one question, eating him up all these years. Only one question. One.

Hope. Run. Hope. Run. Hope...

A boy suddenly turned his head and cried out:
- Mom, look! Mom! MOM! I'm scared, mooom!
She turned Her head.   

He almost stumbled. It was She.

- Jess? Jess?! I can't believe that, Jess! Jess!
She ran towards him. Hope. Run. Hope...

She embraced him, like back then. Her perfume took all strength he had, made him whimper like a little puppy. Made him laugh and cry of happiness. Recognized.

- Jack, Jack! - She happily turned her head to the man. - Jack, we've found him! Give me the leash! Finally! I'm so happy, Jack!
Jack smiled and reached out for the all-too-well-known piece of leather.

They were going.
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Tänzerin der Dunkelheit Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Minister of dance
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 19:04:12 »
Der Weg ins Licht
Langsam gehe ich den Weg entlang. Es ist schön um mich her. Ich brauche keinen Wegweiser, das Licht zeigt mir den Weg. Auch andere Menschen sehe ich auf dem Weg, alle laufen dem Licht entgegen. Vom Dunkel ins Helle, vorbei an herbstlichem Wald. Die Blätter, einst saftig und grün, werden bunt und sterben, so wie alles sterben muss. Sie sind ein Spiegel meiner Selbst, erinnern mich, dass auch ich, einst grün und saftig, nun verjährt bin. Ich fühle es, ich soll nun diesen Weg gehen. Das Licht zieht mich magisch an, zieht mich vom dunkel ins Helle. Ich weiß, das helle ist gut, dort wird Gott sein. Der Weg führt mich in den Himmel, ich gehe ihn gerne.

The path to the light
Slowly I walk along the path. Everything around me is so beautiful. I don’t need a guidepost, the light will direct me rightly. There are also other people walking the same path, everybody is running to meet the light. From the dark to the brightness, past an autumn-like forest. The leaves, once green and lush, turn colorful and die, just as everything has to die. They are a mirror of myself, remember me, that also I, once green and alive, have to die. I am feeling it, I have to walk this path. The light is alluring magically and attracts me from the dark to the brightness. I know, the light is the right way, it is God. The path is the way to heaven, I willingly follow.
Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann, doch worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist. V. Hugo

Tänzerin der Dunkelheit Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Minister of dance
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 19:07:05 »
Maybe if someone who speaks Geman, has a sugsestion for a better translation at one point, please tell me, because I am not pleased with my translation at all!  :-\ 8)
Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann, doch worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist. V. Hugo

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 22:23:15 »
Ouuupps, time flies!!! This days I will post my story!
Btw, very good stuff all yours guys <3 ^^
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 22:29:03 »
@Nina, Tänzerin
well done^^

no poetry this time, or?
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 09:59:42 »
hm, i think it's not easy to find too many poets on one local square megabyte  ;D
Greetings from St.Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 10:36:16 »
hm, i think it's not easy to find too many poets on one local square megabyte  ;D

poets are here  :P  ;D

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 01:49:17 »
Just to let you know: I'm doing fine with my story! it will be ready soon ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:51:29 by Fannie »

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 10:38:00 »
Just to let you know: I'm doing fine with my story! it will be ready soon ;D

well, you have time until March 8  ;)

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 01:03:48 »
Here it is my story:

Oh, this light! This light that makes my heart beat faster! This light that warms my soul! Now I’m crying. Long tears are falling down on my face, now, thinking of him… I’m just human, after all, no matter how much I try to say I’m different. I have my memories, my dreams, thoughts, pains and wishes. I have all of them, just like every one! I’m only human, no matter how much I can endure!
This light! I remember him every day and his scent haunts me almost every single moment of my life. I’m struggling, I’m desperately trying to find out a way to chase his trace, his shadow, his ghost, his memory…, I want this beautiful creature he is out of my mind! Everything is so long gone, but his presence is still here, within me!
This light! This light makes the world smaller, and so it is indeed, this light makes the world look different. I don’t know why, but right now I’m looking at me just like being in a movie. I’m walking in this incredible light and I don’t know where I’m going, I don’t know for sure… What I know is that I have to stop here, to take the bus. To take a bus. So I stopped. I’m looking around and I can’t stop wondering about this light… the air is condensed, it is like honey, deeply flavored.
The air is now solid all over me, but I can still breathe… There are people here, and this makes me extremely nervous. So, I pull my hood down and I turn on my heels. I’ll go right there … to this little square. Look! There’s a little bench, I’ll go there… No, another one, behind that tree… and there’s somebody sitting. Oh, I hate this! I just want a little place to be alone. It gets on my nerves, this situation! I say this in French in my mind, I always love to say this in French: “Il me tape sur les nerfs!” Well, I can’t remember exactly how to spell this, but … I simply adore the way it sounds! It makes me feel better.
Now, the next frame of my movie. The distant bench. The man sitting there. Really, it doesn’t matter! I’ll go to sit for a while, anyway. He is not looking at me, but I can see, my presence disturbed him. That’s quite nice! Hm! I’m annoying, isn’t it?! So, he should go! Just go! Well, in my dreams! No, of course he is not leaving! And, even worse, he wants to start talking! Actually, he is trying to open his mouth, but I won’t let him. I’m looking at me asking to keep silence, with the deepest and the most serious voice ever used to express a prayer in this world! I cannot bear a single word! I just want to be alone with him, that one in my thoughts! Dear God, everything depends on this! And the stranger doesn’t want to shut up! I’m terrified, he’s speaking. I think my head will simply crack. Once again, just like in a movie, I’m waiting to see his words hitting me, but he…he is asking me to talk! He wants me to talk, to say something, anything: “Just break the silence, lady.” And I don’t know, I swear I don’t know, I can’t find any reason for this, but I start talking. And I talk, and talk and talk…and then, I suddenly stop: “In a dream, last night, I was one of the saddest people in the world”. I get up from the bench and I leave.
The air is liquefied in my eyes, but I’m still breathing… And in this blinding light, I can see the stranger following me. He is holding my hand in deep silence.
On the empty road, the air is ethereal now.  In the light, we are still walking … all of us, two strangers and forever with them, their shadows.

My dears, you are all amazing! Great to read your creations!  :)
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:54 »
uuuuuuuf, Elena, this is a hard one to read, especially because i can relate to it almost perfectly ... i was about to stop reading it twice, but something was pushing me to read on. well done!

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 18:52:36 »
Klo, it was very hard to write, too... (walking with old ghosts, this is not easy at all.) Hugs!
Thank you for reading ... twice!!!!!!
And I need to add that I'm sorry you don't know Romanian, because my English is not good enough to let me accurately put  in words what I wanted.
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 19:50:06 »
it's perfectly beautiful in english as well  :)