Author Topic: Revolution Tour Impressions  (Read 75449 times)

Nordlys Offline ru

• Newbee
Antw:Revolution Tour Impressions
« Reply #315 on: March 23, 2013, 19:00:18 »
I'm glad you that you enjoyed my review, guys)

Nordlys thank you for your detailed review!!! Tilo with guitar was definitely a surprise, when i saw it on photos from the autumn tour - but was curious which songs he played )))

Yes, it was. It's amazing that he plays so many instruments, I hardly know another vocalist who does this.

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2013, 21:47:37 »
Photos/videos from concerts:
21.03.2013 St.Petersburg http://darkside.ru/report/6480/
22.03.2013 Moscow http://darkside.ru/report/6471/
Greetings from St.Pete

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2013, 22:13:56 »
I just remembered one more thing I wanted to mention - I was very impressed with the performance of one of my favorite songs - Weil du hilfe brauchst, now searching videos to see it again! it was a very strong monologue!.....
Greetings from St.Pete

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2013, 13:06:11 »
Uff, I am kinda slow with my feedback this time... XD I was so overwhelmed by all the impressions and memories and quite tired from the road that it's just now that I find some strength for writing...

First of all, arriving to StPete I met a wonderful person - Anastassija whom I met for the first time in real life, but of course I knew her from the internet... I felt delighted to know this girl better now! We have spent a lot of time together while preparing for the concert! It's a pity that I didn't have much time to watch the wonderful city, but it was too cold for a comfortable walk anyway  ;D
At the venue there were so many familiar faces around, it was nice to meet many fellow people! I would like to name them all but I am afraid to forget anyone and that won't be nice XD
First we helped Olga to hang that posters which she had shown already, and then... suddenly the concert started! We didn't expect it to start so soon and from the balcony we saw that many people didn't either, because everyone rushed to the stage! I was interested to see the new drummer, I found that with him the sound became harder and for me it was a good thing for the live show! I had a great impression from Julien's performance. The concert gave me a couple of surprises - like Verloren, then Liebesspiel turning into Fassade, other reviewers already told you about it XD
Pity that there was no autograph session in Moscow and StPete, perhaps because the band's schedule was so tight with all the trains and flights. Anyway, we got what we came for - the music!
Then after having some sleep I went to Moscow with the morning high-speed train together with Galarina where I was an awful conversation partner because I slept the most part of the road...  ;D

After coming to Moscow the whole day was a complete rush, because the concert was on the very same evening and I had some problems with Friday traffic jams... But I managed it!
Moscow show was more crowded than StPete show, and many of my friends from StPete came along to this concert as well, just like I did. That concert was a bit longer compared to StPete one, the main surprise of the evening was the unplanned encore - Copycat, I mean it was really unplanned, Tilo even said sorry to technicians who already started to do their job because they thought that the concert was finished. The audience was so energetic, I can imagine why Tilo decided to play one more song!
At the balcony we had sitting places and it was a pity that the security guys prohibited us to stand up because it won't allow the people sitting behind us to watch the show (well, that's understandable, but it would be more fun the other way). But still when Feuer and Copycat was played we all jumped up!

Here is the setlist, plus add Copycat at the end:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 14:23:46 by Asphodel »

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2013, 13:21:24 »
Cool, thanks for the review and pic of the setlist! Nice to read you had a great time :) saw you met our dear Matze as well! A bit strange to sit during a concert, I can imagine your doubts with that... but that you had a great time is the most important thing I think :) hope you didn't get evil glances from security if you jumped up during those two songs? Thanks for sharing your impressions on the new drummer also, was very curious about that myself (didn't really manage to hear live-videos up till now, will try to do so as I'm very curious :D)
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2013, 13:54:21 »
Cool, thanks for the review and pic of the setlist! Nice to read you had a great time :) saw you met our dear Matze as well! A bit strange to sit during a concert, I can imagine your doubts with that... but that you had a great time is the most important thing I think :) hope you didn't get evil glances from security if you jumped up during those two songs? Thanks for sharing your impressions on the new drummer also, was very curious about that myself (didn't really manage to hear live-videos up till now, will try to do so as I'm very curious :D)

Yes, that's right, I've met Matze at the concerts to say hi, and yesterday I got the chance to show him the Red Square where we almost got frozen XD That "spring" is just something... He's such a nice guy, we've spent a great time together! :D
We actually didn't care if we get evil glances because it was the en of the show so what's the use of sitting us down if everything was almost finished? ;D

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #321 on: March 24, 2013, 14:19:14 »
Julia great to read your review, i was waiting for it!  ;D Oh how i'd love to be there for that extra Copycat, and the energy of Moscow shows is always just overflowing  ;D
When reading, had a nostalgic feeling about my trips to Moscow, and I remember the strict Moscow security - maybe somewhere in some cases they are right to keep the discipline, though it might be a pity to sit all the time ))) With years, i can see that overall culture of concerts has improved with the security enforcement )))
Greetings from St.Pete

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #322 on: March 24, 2013, 14:23:23 »
Julia great to read your review, i was waiting for it!  ;D Oh how i'd love to be there for that extra Copycat, and the energy of Moscow shows is always just overflowing  ;D
When reading, had a nostalgic feeling about my trips to Moscow, and I remember the strict Moscow security - maybe somewhere in some cases they are right to keep the discipline, though it might be a pity to sit all the time ))) With years, i can see that overall culture of concerts has improved with the security enforcement )))
hehe  ;D well, one one hand they are right and they make the people more disciplined, because if I was sitting on the back row I wouldn't have liked if some people didn't let me watch the show with their backs...  But on another hand sitting all the time is annoying XD

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2013, 19:42:54 »
I think I will write a comprehensive (and if I would get them, with pictures) report tomorrow, when going back to Novosibirsk (around 25 hours by train....). But right now I have to say that the concert was stupendous, atmoshere was wonderful, and that Lacrimosa members are superheroes. I think I don't have enough energy to continue, sometimes helping others is a bit tiresome.
And I've been in the first row, that was a something...
IT WAS GREAT! Especially Der Morgen Danach, I laughed as a baby, for it's my fav for a long time))) It was so cool to sing it along with the band... I laughed so much, a concert can bring so much happiness, unbelievable....
And here I have to stop or I'm seriously getting into a mode where I can fall onto my keyboard...........
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #324 on: March 24, 2013, 21:25:45 »
Nina I understand your joy about Der Morgen Danach, one of all-time favorites! I remember my first Lacrimosa concert in Moscow in 2008 when after I saw it live I thought I could die in peace then  :D And this year it seemed to me they performed it with double energy and passion ))) *may be it's the fault of my long-time concertless condition XD*
Greetings from St.Pete

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #325 on: March 24, 2013, 22:45:35 »
Thank you guys for your amazing reviews!  :D
Ich warte auf dich! 

Stephanie Lamas Offline ar

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Luna-tic!
« Reply #326 on: March 24, 2013, 23:41:18 »
Woooow! Just wow! I'm loving to read these words by you all  ;) So happy to feel that Revolution from there  ;D
Out here the good girls die

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2013, 20:12:30 »
Wonderful to read your impression, Julya:D Thank you!

Nina, I'm waiting for your review.  :) Great you liked the concert so much!
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2013, 21:39:06 »
Greetings from St.Pete

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2013, 17:22:38 »
Now it's my turn :)

I won't relate my Yekaterinburg impressions, revelations and musings of life in general :) I'll get straight to the point of that impressive queue in front of Tele-club that was bending so far beyond the building that some sharp-tounge guys were asking people standing in the queue in the style people asked each other back in USSR for imported stuff (ex: what are you standing for? perfume from France). Thanks to an online aquintance of mine who came 1.5 h. earlier to the venue I and my new friend (whom I met at a hostel the night before) were able to jump up to the top of the queue. A half hour of waiting made me sharpen my tounge by cracking jokes (what else can be done when it's cold outside?), and then, finally, we got in. Then another queue, you know that boring stuff, so skip it)
Thanks to a friend of mine (my report, it seems, is going to be comprised of thanks) I got to the first line, right in front of the stage (and the iron grate, hehe...). Another one hour of waiting, which was now filled with people around being all nerves and flutter (and me stoic for the sheer inevitablility of everything, because an iron grate in front of me and people behind...well...).
And then, when I almost reached a meditation-like state, the magic began with Lacrimosa intro :) Relief and joy passed through the public and we were ready for the band to appear.
And guess, they appeared! People cheered, the crowd swayed...and then the set-list started, which was the same like in Saint-Pete and Moscow, I suppose. I got into a state close to trance so can hardly remember the songs, but boy, what a night that was! Full of drive :)

But since I can't relate my experiences same vivid as I remember them, I'll describe the most bright moment for me - that was during Der Morgen Danach, which for many years was both my lulliby and morning alarm melody :) I was happy as a baby when Tilo started singing the song, it was such a joyous moment, a moment I was looking forward to from 2007, I think :) And then, while singing, Tilo came to our part of the stage, looked down upon us (might be that's the first and the last time when I can be happy with someone looking down upon me  ;D ;D ;D), singing along, and sat (squatted) in front of us. That was cool to be able to sing along with him my most beloved song (even though the iron grate in front of me was very welcoming my chest at that moment, for there were enough people wanting to be a bit closer), though I felt morose inside and could only clap clap clap clap (while other people were extending their hands, I guess they knew better what to do in such a situation).
Feuer was marvelous, while they played it (the drummer! you're wonderful! even I were able to appreciate how great you were! well, Henrik solo's were splendid, also!!! and...actually everyone played extra cool, sometimes twice XD Copycat was played twice XD), stop, Nina, no trailing off!!! Okay, so, Feuer was MARVELOUS, during it I mentally burned a whole city and a half of Arsches XD
Well, it was COOL, though I doubt I ever again would go to dance parter (the iron grate lovingly marked me with two large bruises, which are cool but somehow not very handy in day-to-day life - a bit hard to type XD), and it was such an experience that right after the concert I urgently needed some water and a quiet place to stand, I felt like being squeezed and walked as a drunkard :) so I didn't even actually wait till Henrik and another guitarist (throw your shoe at me, I can't recall his name!!! shame on me, shame on me) appeared. Some remark beforehand, so that my actions from now on would be clearly understood: despite my general chatterbox behavior I'm extremely shy. Now let's go to the actual events....
After the crowd in front of Henrik finally changed its density from "over50000" to "several people wanting to take a pic" I dared asking him to take a picture with me (think that was easy, ha?!), so that's the first "somber" try:

Henrik the Nicest asked whether the pic was cool enough, and if no, that we shall take another one. So I looked at it and...yeah, I said.
(the following conversation ran something like this)
Henrik: Now, what shall we do on that one, then?..
I: Well, (here I thought of making some horns) I can be REALLY HORNY!
Henrik: WHAAAA?! Unexpected!

I: darn, I didn't mean THAT! Jeeez, now I'm blushing!!! What the...
Henrik: I'll keep that in mind! 
I: noooooooooo....
Then we decided to take another one (and, as a very boring person, I didn't know what to do, so gladly accepted an advice of people waiting for their turn to make horns...look for them and you'll find them)

Then, and I remind you, I was very wobbly, we decided to stay a bit longer (though one of us wanted to leave, but my wobbliness persuaded her to give us a chance), while another friend of mine, desperately wanting to give Tilo her gift, an Altayan musical instrument called vargan (Jew's harp, don't ask me why it's called this way) :) was almost chewing my nerves off with her dispair of Tilo not showing up (and her train back to her city approaching) :) and then, finally, Tilo appeared. UND DIE SCHLACHT BEGINNT, thought I, watching how the people, in one unified feeling, ran towards him. If he was even 5 cm shorter he would have been completely hidden from my sight (but those 5 cm and white stripe of hair were great indicators that he is, so far, surviving. Mainly, I suppose, thanks to that iron grate I hated so much before, so in that moment it was forgiven. ;) )
After some time which I spent dancing and singing a bit (for they there was some Lacrimosa music playing), completely alone, my friends re-appeared from the crowd, clutching autographs (to me it looked like they returned from the Beyond or something equally scary). But the gift wasn't yet given, and the pictures weren't yet taken! So we waited some more (I've promised to be an interpreter, which ended to be real fun, my crowd-fear excl.). So, when the density changed from that same over500000000000000000 to the "just three rows" my friend dragged me into it (to the same much beloved iron grate, I shall marry it, after all, it seems to be Fate!). And there we stood, waiting for Tilo passing by (and he successfully avoided us 3 times in a row, so that I had to console my friend that feared she was going to end up being ignored and unable to give her present. I told her Tilo was too kind to let that thing happen, or something like that. She believed. I wouldn't XD). But finally Tilo reached us.
Well, now we remember that I'm shy :) So when Tilo looked with that questioning yet kind expression of his, I was able to stammer something like the following:
Me: Hi... I know that you are reluctant at receiving gifts, but my friend wants to give you an instrument to your collection. (after a pause) a musical instrument.
Tilo: Oh?
Me: yeah (my friend produces a vargan and gives it to Tilo) It's an Altayan vargan. D'ye know what that is? It's an instrument you have to put to your teeth...
Tilo: Oh! That's a mouth (something I forgot), I used to have one when was a child!
Me: Well.... now you have another one :)
Tilo (smiling): Yes, I do! Thanks!
Me: Well, it's not my gift, but my friend's :)
Then my friend wanted to take a picture with Tilo, to which he consented (and a girl to the right of me whom I saw for the first time in my life asked the same thing), so I even said that I'm taking so many pictures today that even might become a good photographer, to which Tilo said "Well, you might!" (which I consider to be impossible, for I'm no Klodi and have no patience with lenses). I remember that this clearly because taking a picture in a crowd is a bit tricky...these are the pictures taken:

(with my friend the gifter)

(with that other girl)
After some time I dared to approach for a picture with my humble self, but I didn't like myself on that one so much that this one will stay away from anyone except my closest friends (I wanted to say that it would die with me, but I hope to outlive hard drive formatting) ;)
And that was all, for after that we went away (and I finally was able to return back to my senses, at least partially). I didn't expect the concert to hit me so, can't figure it out still. Nonetheless, I'm happy that I visited that city and, of course, the concert! It was well worth my 20+ hours trip by train from Novosibirsk to Yekaterinburg :)
SO, I do strongly recommend going to a Lacrimosa concert to experince the ENERGY :) Das ist unsere Revolution, after all! ;)
P.S. But beware iron grates! ;)
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.