Author Topic: Revolution Tour Impressions  (Read 74568 times)

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
Antw:Revolution Tour Impressions
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2013, 23:39:46 »
Dears!! thank you for share your impressions and those beautiful moments!  ;D ;D as always seems like it was an amazing concert, I'm so glad that you had fun! ;)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2013, 01:06:09 »
Dear Malina! Thank you very much for the review!  ;D ;D it's flowing with such emotions and life....! I'd like to relive it again back in October..i can recall every detail....  And that's really sad about flight...but Tilo was trying to push and make things happen and make you happy..that's very sweet. And can imagine when They singing Durch Nacht und Flut in spanish at live!!! god..... ;D *imaginging Tilo singing chinese and failed XD*
And you are not alone... someone can ruin a party, that sounds a bit similar like what we had in Hamburg after party, when band was nice and trying to give, some took it all and left others nothing....but you always got different people who are unpredictable in behavoir....so never mind, the whole thing was pretty meaningless when i look at it  ;D

Annnnnd I want try Meli's muffin next time !! 8) now will check out your photos!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2013, 04:09:21 »
And here is finally my review, dear friends :) hope you don't mind the length... I wrote absolutely everything i could remember, because i want to be able to read it again some time myself too, and not miss a thing!

So, after all the waiting, this so carefully saved and prepared concert trip finally arrived. My sister and me left Paris early on Saturday by plane, with no troubles except pulling the suitcase in the snow in the streets ^^ When we finally arrived to our hotel (we did have a bit of trouble getting there, it was further than we thought and not in the area of Barcelona easiest to understand : the industrial zone !), we quickly showered and changed before hurrying to the venue, in taxi this time, because i was fed up with the pouring rain U.U Christina had told me she was waiting alone but by the time we arrived Camille and Nicolas had both joined her. She actually sent Nicolas to guide my sis and me as we arrived to the wrong venue (what Chris explained with Sala 1 and Sala 2) so he came to rescue us (well, some 200m walk, i guess, nothing too big :P). Then we settled down together and all of us took out what we had prepared for the wait : Chris a blanket and pies and Nicolas chips and me self-made muffins and Camille was drinking beer of course ^^ there was also a nice Ecuatorian guy, Jave (Javier I guess ?), who went to get some beer for himself and brought us some sweets, that was sooo nice of him! So we started discussing, especially the Madrid concert, the parties to come, a new poster idea (we had decided more or less to do a new one but not which one), and generally joking and having fun : notably we founded our band, « Death for Furniture », where Nicolas is keyboardist, i am guitarist, with Camille, i think, and well, the most important feature is that we throw beer and muffins on our audience when they are being nice ^^ Also, most of us quickly went to a coffee shop nearby, except Chris who stayed to take care of our things, and when we walked back and arrived near the venue again, guess who went out of a taxi? Henrik!! :D and then… also Tilo, and also Anne! :P so we looked and smiled and commented i guess but went on, but then adorable, so polite Tilo went after us (we had already turned away !) to shake all our hands ^^ i was quite impressed because it was quite late and they were obviously hurrying but he came anyway :) well, after a while of waiting in the little exterior lobby of the venue, we were made to leave this place and return in the street to make a proper queue ^^ Camille and me were extremely impressed at the politeness of Spanish people then who asked who arrived before and after them in order to keep the same order of the queue O.O of course at the moment of entering the venue a pair of people tried to cheat a bit but most were very disciplined, at least then… (then at the after-party it was quite different :P) that’s then that I recognised Han, the Chinese-French girl we had met at Cologne already, so Camille and me went to say hello! :D and then, fiiiiinally, it was time to enter and we were the first to get in and took the place under Tilo’s microphone immediately. The stage was quite high, that was weird O.O but we didn’t care since we had the best place :D that’s when we went cazy taking loads of pics :D which was really fun! (I forgot to mention, Gandalf, i was looking out for you the whole time when new people were arriving to the queue, plus in the venue! but in vain…).
And suddenly, the lights got dim and the intro sounded…then I think is when I looked at my sis with a big crazy smile and tried to talk with eyes then for the first of many times during the concert :D Of course they started with my dearest explosive Komet, which was totally rocking as always :D in total we enjoyed 5 songs from Revolution ; not the piano songs that they had played in the German tour, for want of a piano, and that left out my dearest Feuerzug and Refugium, however, you know how it is, it’s still Lacrimosa and nothing felt really missing at the end of the concert! So this means they did play Irgendein Arsch, with Tilo’s explaining words before, If the world stood still, a very deep-going performance of Weil du Hilfe brauchst…, Rote Sinfonie, and Revolution, also with GREAT words of introduction by Tilo, on this song being on how this world doesn’t go so well because people don’t always care about each other, but forget about love, and the strength it can give. I just loved his words so much!!! :) and khem, was so happy to get an English version after the frustration in Cologne ^^ Then, in the « oldies » we also had Schakal (btw Nicolas i thought then that you must be happy^^), Lichtgestalt (i think that’s when my voice started disappearing suddenly O.O ^^), always touching Alleine zu zweit, calm Apart from Anne, cool Der Morgen Danach when we all suddenly held each other and that was such a cool feeling of family <3 (we did that on another song before but can’t remember which one ? :s), and then, after their first exit i think, awesome Alles Lüge, my Anne-favourite Not every pain hurts, perfect as always, as well as beautiful Ohne Dich, played especially because « Spain hasn’t hosted the Schattenspiel tour so they needed to make up to that », which is the song that personally touched me most, this time. After the second encore then came Stolzes Herz and Verlasse. And we managed to call them a third time (my voice had been replaced by an unknown noise then :P), reclaiming Copycat of course, and i am pretty sure I’ve never seen such an explosive version of it, though it’s always been a crazy song!!! And it was the perfect ending as always of course.
We had managed to show our poster after Komet and before Schakal, but also at the moment when Tilo took a pic of the audience, and that was soooo cool :D otherwise, Yenz visited our corner of stage quite early, and Henrik too, twice! And he threw 2 different spectrums in the crowd, what a generous man ^^ Henrik was also really cool to interact with during the concert, as mentioned on facebook, he loves staring at you when you look at him! hahaha and i loved that :P and also that explains the good pics I have of him ^^ and of course Tilo’s and Anne’s dancing were fascinating as always! :)
After the end, we suddenly found Gandalf (ok, he found us, actually!) as he was shouting “Melissa” and I heard and there we were! We hang out a little, while wondering what to do about the two parties taking place afterwards, who had both invited the band. We then came across Maria who is a German girl who was also backstage in Cologne. In the end, after much scheming and negociating with all the people we could find, we were told where they were heading (congrats to Nicolas and Maria again on this achievement! :P) and started leaving there. That wasn’t after Henrik had gone out and I tried to reach him to give Kitty’s greets and hug but failed miserably because hey, that guy is quite popular too! :P so it was the first failure of the night. Then, it took us a loooong metro way plus even longer walking to reach the club finally. Thank god for GPS btw, I do think it saved us :P but at the club, there were already many people surrounding and waiting to talk to Tilo, I guess about 10/15/20 most of the time? So it was pretty difficult situation, especially since I’m already shy originally, especially with people I admire. I also didn’t wanna jump on Tilo the second we got away from a fan, so I guess that left room for other people too. So I managed to talk to Anne a little and give her my gift and letter, but nothing at all to Tilo, if he got my gift it’s because I practically threw it into his hands… Anyway, I had a great time dancing on both Bite me and a bit later Alles Lüge album version, and that was GREAT, a club with some Lacrimosa!!! I simply loved it, and it helped me shrug some frustration off :) so after some time, JP started warning it was time to go and then had to get Tilo away from his fans and the fans away from him, and he was a real hero, honestly, what a difficult job, I hope he doesn’t have to do it every time, poor man! ^^ I was very grateful to him ^^ after that we decided to go back (it was already past 4am and my sis was starting to fall asleep on her feet :P) and had an eventless return, said good bye in the metro and walked back with fucking birds singing again!!!!! And barely slept 30 mns before getting up to get the plane ;D (I’ve never felt closer to zombies than yesterday, Sunday that is ;D) Of course that last part was quite upsetting, but I still have the memories of backstage in Cologne, and that is so much already that the rest doesn’t really matter, not to mention the concert was simply beyond words, perfect connection, Lacrimosa :)
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:47 »
Meli!! Thank you as well for the great review! It's awesome how Tilo went after you guys to say hello after the taxi! ^^

@words in English hahhaha I know the feels!!

It sounds like an amazing time and I'm very glad for you all! Also, it was cool you guys ran into familiar faces !

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2013, 11:45:56 »
@Meli
what a great review  :)  pity they didn't play Feuerzug and Refugium, but like you said, what hasn't been played doesn't matter at the end, because it's always so great  :)  we're talking about Lacrimosa here, and that means it can't be any different than awesome and great and bombastic and ... the best^^  8)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2013, 15:30:56 »
Sweet Meli, thank you so much for such long and emotional report! I enjoyed reading it, as if i was there! It's so intense and got so much emotions...and interesting to know people heading there from different parts, really international revolution!  ;D ;D
So the poster works!(better than we had in Koeln XDDD)
And nice to read how Hendrik and JP react, was really nice, i guess it can be so much pressure for them, but they really take care of fans...taking care of their feelings, also Yenz, more than one fans told me that Yenz was comforting them when they felt kind of upset and so...I love this lineup in Lacrimosa, kind and warmhearted people they are  ;D and god i can imagine how fans swarming to Tilo and Anne ...such hectic event!  ;D (yes i remember you were shy  ;) but cute )

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2013, 16:20:32 »
Glad you enjoyed it :) Ah and indeed people from all over Europe, also a Belgian couple! And the two people mentioned by Christina were Russians. By the way I was also sooo surprised when Chris explained who they were... O.O

And I read my review already (and woah, missing all these adorable people so much, and I don't mean just Lacrifriends...) and I realised I failed to mention that we heroically and daringly succeeded to sneak in my underage sister in the club, thanks to Camille's strategic skills!! That was so cool, muahaha ^^
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 16:28:24 by MelissaFrance »
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2013, 16:41:20 »
And I read my review already (and woah, missing all these adorable people so much, and I don't mean just Lacrifriends...) and I realised I failed to mention that we heroically and daringly succeeded to sneak in my underage sister in the club, thanks to Camille's strategic skills!! That was so cool, muahaha ^^

Oh that's impressive! I remember here's an underaged spanish girl on forum who wanted to sneak in...i hope she made it...
what stupid rule... ;) ;) ;)

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2013, 17:01:07 »
Meli thank you very much for such a great job if making this very detailed review! I liked it very much! I must add it's a very frankly and simply written review which makes it very easy to read, hehe)))
and don't be upset, you've had some time just to look, your eyes told everything!
I have the same feature of becoming shy with the people I admire and very much want to talk to, so the very first time if not Klodi I would have never come after Tilo and would be standing there forever scared to disturb thinking "omg is he real?"  :D and even the next times xD
Greetings from St.Pete

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2013, 18:04:24 »
I have the same feature of becoming shy with the people I admire and very much want to talk to, so the very first time if not Klodi I would have never come after Tilo and would be standing there forever scared to disturb thinking "omg is he real?"  :D and even the next times xD

haha yes, i remember how i was pushing and pulling you through the crowd  ;D  "come oooooon, he's not going to eat you!"  ;D
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2013, 22:25:24 »
Thank you dear Melli and Lady Malina for your lovely impressions from the both Concerts in Spain. I can imagine that you will never forget this beautiful and amazing moments.  :)
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2013, 22:53:25 »
haha yes, i remember how i was pushing and pulling you through the crowd  ;D  "come oooooon, he's not going to eat you!"  ;D

but come on, i'm a poor soviet girl, for ages terrified by the state that western foreigners are evil! xD :D

but seriously, it's amazing how magically LacriConcerts unite people and how much happiness and esthetic pleasure and inspiration every concert gives to all of us )))
Greetings from St.Pete

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2013, 01:48:43 »
Meli! Thanks for your impressions! seems like you had fun!  ;D ;D

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2013, 03:53:27 »
Oh that's impressive! I remember here's an underaged spanish girl on forum who wanted to sneak in...i hope she made it...
what stupid rule... ;) ;) ;)

I was thinking the same these days! I hope she did!

Nice review!!! Aaaah, I can't wait for them to land in my country!
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

Gandalf Offline fr

• Newbee
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2013, 22:30:26 »
Excellent review Melissa !
Really glad to have shared great moments with you and other Lacrifans in Barcelona !

See you in Russia ? (just kidding...)
Without any pain it wouldn't be the same, Experiences made me strong -