Author Topic: Revolution Tour Impressions  (Read 77616 times)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
Antw:Revolution Tour Impressions
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2012, 20:07:32 »
A bit of impressions

Actually, too many i can only write a bit in 4 categories

Venues:
1.Essigfabrik in Koeln reminds me of 798, or Yu Gong Yi Shan, in Beijing, factory atmosphere was great but sound was not very good.
Das Bett in Frankfurt reminds me of Mao live in Beijing, small, hard to find out, small stage but very nice sound effect.
Gruenspan in Hamburg, a bit like Tango Club in Beijing, but this one is really the best venue, great inner decorations, lightening, sound, everything's perfect! And ohhh Hamburg looks like such a spicy hot city umm..um i  like it specially the cage of after show club ::)

These cities except Koeln it's my first time visit, love Koeln, cute city, and Hamburg feels special, feels like a hot, lustful artistic woman got a big character, you feel that once your train starts to enter Hamburg, different from other cities...feels like it's talking to you, strong personality. Frankfurt was quite..surreal, but if you go outside the town it's quite remote and nothing much
...and every day i can only start to leave after noon, so it was always tight...it does help to train my direction and german...! Now I think i can get to certain street in a strange city here, without too many problems(already had them XD)

Live: How could Rote Sinfonie turned out sooo fantastic at live! The new songs all got me and came even stronger than album!! I adore how Tilo plays Piano...it's really gonna kill me! No it kills me every time i saw it

People:
I met soooo many great cool people! Met many familiar forum members, shy people bold people(me) lol
Many as the way i imagined XD and met super girl Anastasia we were like so talkative chatting till 2 am after back in hotel when Frankfurt show ends and then go to to sleep lollll and then i wake up at 4.30 walk to Messe to catch S bahn lol Ohhh suuuuch great time still makes me excited!

I do find German people very quiet at live, that's just their style, too quite if compare with Asia. I feel that's just their way to respect artists as they don't want to make noise at live show, also they want enough space in each other. They are also excited but well controlled, they act a bit like those rules(!)they made for traffic, trains...or automaschines, reasonable, smooth, logic, gentle. (But Hamburg is very different, i guess people there are more open..or just too many Russian there lol?) Oh and I find Hamburg very metal and strong, and frankfurt feels more..goth and softer, some Russian are a bit more aggressive as in Ha
burg there's a guy standing too close behind me which annoys me hell i had to beat his arms twice to make him stay distance >:( And,,,,Asians do like take photos  lolll

Panic Situations:
No problem in Koeln. But Frankfurt i went alone, and i went on a totally opposite way and can't find that club, in the end i find two black goth lol and followed them to Bett.
The mooost panic situation ever was in Hamburg, it's close to open hour and i make appointment with Anastasia and Mozart to meet at hotel then go there together, but when i got off from S Bahn my mobile run out of battery, and i searched around no one speaks english!....in the end i bought one recharger and asked DB staff to charge for me....nice people  ;D ;D
Oh and shit i shouldn't stay up all night i was like zombie after Hamburg show loll
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 20:15:51 by LUSha »
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2012, 21:10:34 »
Lu Sha: ahh panic situations! I think the whole experience of the concerts makes up for it. :) I don't know if I mentioned but my bank account was tapped in Germany and somebody was trying to steal my information so my debit card got cancelled. XD Got the call from my bank and I was like .(well thank god I withdraw money beforehand) ->  <_< And I kept getting lost..and then got Kitty lost along with me. X))) Lesson learned: Next time traveling alone, stick to a taxi as much as possible and love your feet a little.

I also noticed that the German folks were very quiet/calm compared to audiences like over here. It first confused me but then I kind of enjoyed it because I am not always (rarely) super energetic at a show. I like to enjoy the music, note by note, lyric by lyric with enough space to breathe/move around. There were no catty girls or aggression in the crowd. What a miracle! I remember Anne was telling us how she heard in some places over seas they can throw things on stage. I was thinking, "ohh hell, if anyone did that to Lacrimosa then I'd go running after them with a shovel!!"  ;D

Jenny: Ah, I thought for a second that you wrote they had played "the party is over" and I had a mini heart-attack.  ;D

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2012, 22:21:04 »
Cologne 13.10.2012

Travel to Cologne was horrifying... Entire week already I felt this knife touching my heart not deciding whether to slide in or not... it did eventually when I said goodbye to Jenny eventhough I already knew the separation would only last few hours. Tears were never far away during my train-travel which seemed to take hours...it took hours... actually... but only 3 and it seemed decades. Finally arriving I waited in front of the station to find Nastya, there were two options: recognise and be save or not recognise and be lost as our phones just didn't want to cooperate together and our means of communication was on the flight unable to help us find each other. But from far away I recognised Nastya and on purpose waited to see whether she'd figure out by herself (yes, mean sometimes  ;)) and she did ... it was nice to finally see you in real life where we had been writing quite often. Finding the hotel was a horror it seems I felt like quite helpless...I know Cologne you know, I've been there quite some times by now and still ... :D ... and though I realised afterwards that I am still able to read maps as I found my way to Melissa in the evening all by myself in darkness and with a big fear in my heart ... because that neighbourhood of the hotel wasn't too crowded at night. Finally we met again, my sweet Melipumpum whom I had missed soooo strong the past months! Life is so unfair having dropped us all on different continents on this planet!! Together we figured out the way to her hotel and we dropped our stuff, ate and then rushed to meet Nicolas and Christina... eventually... we had to wait :p :D It had been the day of delays and waiting, miscalculations and frustration...honestly eventhough I was very very very happy to meet everybody but I was delighted to drop dead in bed because ...

biiiip tuuuuut lalalala ... it took some time before I realised what happened. Our alarm was already there. Melissa was the first having the courage to get up... I then followed some time after we prepared, had breakfast and got on our way to the next hotel... as we had another one booked for Saturday night. Long story short we finally got to our way to Nicolas, Christina and Camille had lunch and then we went back to get ready... normally I'm pretty fast but it seems time did turn faster there :D we got on our way to the concerthall and I know that with eaaaach step closer my heart went beating more insane... gone was the knife I had still felt before. So demons can be tamed from time to time. Over there we met Nastya and Joey who were already waiting ... wondering where the actual intrance was. We got deceived by others where also Camille was :D and that same drunk guy of some years ago ... who got on my nerves even more than 2009. Waiting...waiting...waiting... and then Jenny stood there out of the blue and I felt my heart make a jump of joy... and she brought Nathalie, my sweet Nathalie... what happened that we haven't seen each other for so many years! When you embrace you keep on wondering why time rushed off that you haven't been able to emrbace more often. Slowely everyone was getting there, also Lü Sha arrived and brought the one who stole her heart whom I hadn't seen for over two years as well... shame shame! To be honest ... my heart was exploding by the love that was around there.
slowely time got near ... we went over to the right spot to que ... khem... half an hour before gates opened it started storming ... I already knew I was gonna be dead on Monday seeing I already had my cough back and my head started aching like a mad...luckily Melissa was my saving angel and had medicine with her and Christina was so kind to give me some of her precious water. So that the headache had nearly disappeared by the time the concert started. We were in second row, where I also met some people Jenny knew and was delighted to meet in person after hearing all the stories :) Then I find out who was there not so far away from us... not that drunk guy  ::) trying to get troubles with everybody who dared to get a little too near... why some people can be so difficult, I don't get it. Anyways time passed and with a little fear I heard the concert start .. knowing it was the last and who knows when will be the next. There was magic in the air I tell you... had always been dreaming of the day where I could spend this concert in surrounding of so many known faces some of which I hd already often encountered outside the virtual world and some for the first time but felt as if known for ages. Honestly, I'm so happy they changed the opening song ... in Vienna it had been Revolution and for some reason I had an awkward feeling back then eventhough I can't tell why but ... Ich bin der brennende Komet did its job well and boom I was into this different world. First part went by with a lot of love in my heart ... I had the perfect spot to be honest view on every musician on stage and had my favorite guitarplayer right in front of me. Did I tell, Henrik is an amazing guy? did I? :D he is! Well anyway ... first part was over as said before Tilo went out during the break I kept waiting on spot... anxious... feeling in my little toe what would happen after the break...the break. I can only say that I was above happy that I had my friends around me. Refugium and I felt the tears sting my eyes with the very beginning already... this line-up is so heavy... it shattered my heart once more, this time deeper ... ich verlasse ... this song always had the deepest impact on me I was torn I have no words to describe what happened there but I was happy to be surrounded by people who understood me without words, who would never ask for an explanation because they experience things the same way. Am Ende stehen wir zwei ... ja ... everything went fine, till that scream came... already during previous concerts it went through every cell of my entire body, made every hair on my arms stand straight and gave me shivers down my spine... on Saturday ... I cannot describe it ... on Saturday I sensed tripple the emotions transported in it ... beautiful yet so painful. Song after song I sensed everything even deeper than I had before... was it due to these dear people around? was it because I let go of my boundaries? in any case it was over way too fast. And as usual after a concert I feel like I've been running a marathon and went too deep... I could fall asleep on spot after a concert.

After the concert we spent some more time with Nathalie on our room somewhen I apparently fell asleep guess the alcohol helped me there. And woke up when Nathalie left for her room... I can't really remember how I got into my pyjamas, neither how I ended up perfectly straight in bed... but I did ... and must have fallen asleep right away... during the night I've been dreaming crazy stuff about the concert, about the meetings, about the feelings... goodbyes were regrettably part as well... spent the day in Cologne with Nathalie and before I knew I was back on my own... on my way home and all I could think of; why is it, that people who love each other are doomed to live so far apart?
When you can dream it, you can do it!

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2012, 23:23:06 »
I'm from San Luis Potosi S.L.P  :D

Aww we're a little far from each other, anyway, surely we're gonna meet in the concert on april!! I'm so happy!!  ;D

Thanks to everybody for your reviews, it is wonderful to read the feelings that our beloved band give us! <3
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 23:25:03 by NuWoLa »
Ich warte auf dich! 

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2012, 00:06:45 »
Aww we're a little far from each other, anyway, surely we're gonna meet in the concert on april!! I'm so happy!!  ;D
we will meet of course! now I'm just waiting for specific tourdates ;D

Tajj Offline ru

• Forenhase
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2012, 01:42:54 »
Nicolas, you're just too lazy to research in our archives, remember, everything is kept on fb :P the very original idea of 'Many nations, one revolution' was Nastya's! Though the idea of 'Love above all' was Natalia's and the idea of combining the two was mine and the final order was Nastya's, so tooootally a collective creation :D
Many thanks Melissa! Now I really know it all :)))

Eiseskälte Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister of correct LacriLyrics and Philosophy
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2012, 11:28:56 »
I also noticed that the German folks were very quiet/calm compared to audiences like over here.

It seems I am the only one who did not see the German audience quite :D I really want to see the concert over there now, to see how a really loud audience behaves :D :D :D

Quote from: Kitty
and then rushed to meet Nicolas and Christina... eventually... we had to wait

:-[ :-[ :-[ Sooooooorry us :-[ ;-)

Beautiful reviews everyone, I can't comment on every little thing but I read every line with pleasure! Even though I don't agree with everything about the setlist, but I guess this is mainly a matter of taste :P
I hope I will find myself not too lazy for reviewing during today :P
Keeper of Tilo's Free Will ;-)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2012, 13:21:10 »
@kitty,  yeah its so sweet and fantastic memory in Koeln very special for the first time and funny that my big kitty says lets go and meet kitty kitty --the real one lol what strange fate that Lacrimosa has connected me through
And yeah Hendrik is cute always make fun so is Joerg,  very kind and did brilliant organization work! Really i like them all ! The band and staff ;D

@anthsia God that was real panic luckily you find solution! Yeah I heard people throw bottles to them must besome drunk asa., and Nicholas,  German are quiet! And shy ....lol! My Chinese friend while we in frankfurter said ...why its so loud and crazy today?  Not German style lol but Thats good thing cause no one pushes you to get to front and no one shouts at your ears lol well First impression of first concerts Lacrimosa in Germany., fantastic!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 13:30:04 by LUSha »
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

Eve Offline de

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2012, 16:40:42 »
Hallo dear guys, I'd like to ask, maybe anyone knows the name of the extremely beautiful piano music which played during the break?

« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2012, 17:01:40 »
Hey Eve. I am not sure, because I did not listen to it - but I read names like anathema and muse here in the forum- somewhen before?!

Eve Offline de

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2012, 17:11:29 »
Muse as well as some other great bands were really to be heard before the gigs, as warming up:) But this melody (just piano music, without words) was always on between the two parts of the gigs. Tilo said it was sort of japanese music but no idea what the name was. I would really like to find this music and have it in my playlist.

Littledarkone Offline de

• Newbee
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2012, 17:22:24 »
Was it maybe Lang Lang? He is very famous...i can't remember the music in the break..sorry
But maybe you can listen to it..http://www.youtube.com/user/langlang?feature=relchannel

Tänzerin der Dunkelheit Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Minister of dance
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2012, 18:23:00 »
Was it maybe Lang Lang? He is very famous...i can't remember the music in the break..sorry
But maybe you can listen to it..http://www.youtube.com/user/langlang?feature=relchannel

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? In this Video my hometown is shown!!! Ettlingen!  :D How funny... I know, Lang Lang was discovered in Ettlingen, but that this is here in this Forum and it is the city where I went through and through every day... Crazy :-\
Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann, doch worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist. V. Hugo

Littledarkone Offline de

• Newbee
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2012, 22:28:03 »
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? In this Video my hometown is shown!!! Ettlingen!  :D How funny... I know, Lang Lang was discovered in Ettlingen, but that this is here in this Forum and it is the city where I went through and through every day... Crazy :-\

Thats funny :D
Yiruma makes very nice Pianomusic too..i love this song
Yiruma - Moonlight

Yiruma - Maybe
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 22:30:32 by Littledarkone »

Eve Offline de

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2012, 23:57:46 »
I guess it'll be difficult to find the music I'm talking about, but.. thank you for the links!! All these melodies are so indescribable beautiful! I've always known the asians have sense for music.