Author Topic: Revolution Tour Impressions  (Read 75495 times)

Balazs Offline hu

• just registered
Antw:Revolution Tour Impressions
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2013, 07:00:41 »
not so lofty topic, but I'm interested in: where how much was the fare of the ticket?

Malina: My another plan was, I go to the concert in Barcelona in the winter this year, but my work did not allow that.

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2013, 09:22:43 »
So here comes my belated report.

I have been in Germany for my own plan for quite a while but still when i see Lacrimosa tour confirmed in China, I decide to fly back. So at the beginning my boyfriend and i planned this trip together and i bought concert tickets online already before i left, but because of some problem unfortunately I had to go alone, so anyways. Before i leave i knew this trip will be worth of it, after that only proves it's more than worth of it, it brings me so much joy, emotions and feelings of love, and people i met they gave me much energy, therefore I'm very grateful.

01/04/2013 Frankfurt - Beijing
    02/04/2013 April Beijing Tango club

About 10 hours flight and i arrive in Beijing early at 5 am on 2nd of April.(I hate food on Airchina!)
Then i need to immediately work with another guy so i left directly from hotel around 9 am to his company, then till afternoon..

Around 3.30 or 4 pm the band start rehearsal, and show starts on time. So there we have our old friends again, JP, Henrik, Yenz, Joerg, really cheers me up to see them again and of course Matze! ;D so very nice to see you in China. Everyone meets everyone and everyone hugs everyone, and i like that it releases lots of my stress you know.

*starts the drummerfancying session* And our new friend..like many others, I like Julien very much!
Because before that I had (out of no reason) some prejudgements cause he looks so young that i thought he's some kind of innocent boy there doesn't have much experience (sorry  XDD) and it turned out totally opposite! I find out his performance totally outstanding that overthrows my prejudgement, besides that
he got style and skills, also very smart and his interpretation of music is simply just......I don't know how to
express it, just feel right, very powerful and meanwhile remain very delicate and precise....that's just how i feel...
and not to say i think he loos better than the photo...(my friend was against that XD) --->

*ends of drummerfancying session*

When there's one month left i start a "Lacrimosa china tour countdown" event on chinese weibo, counting down from 30 days, 20 days, 10 days so on....and each time, i can just feel directly from internet how people's anxiety grows expands and on the edge of explosion, on the last day of countdown it got so intense, and that excites me too (you weirdo!) I really enjoyed it!
But until in Beijing, at live, when i feel it from the venue it is another different feeling of a very strong
engery flow, that does exist! Right before intro starts the crowds already start screaming, screaming Lacrimosa and Tilo. in Beijing, people were just crazy from the very beginning, it's extremely crowded...actually if people leave some space they could stand at easy and fill up the venue, but now all of them just squeeze to front like in a can (this is opposite to Shanghai) it's also very interesting to notice because the craziest and most aggressive guy at live, could be very shy and backwarded after the show at signing session.
So we start with Komet, there were too many people in front and i wasn't able to get close to stage, so i went to second floor, from there i felt the power and energy of crowds, they were on fire, steaming up!
But then on second floor i don't really like it cause i want to feel something in there, so i was running down
again(kept on moving around during the show), but on second floor i have better views and whole crowds lit on fire down there.

And Liebesspiel/Fassade3 it really really got me....! As the song starts, I was there in middle of crowds, and this music so powerfully and overwhelmingly hammering down on my head, and then over my whole body, then the whole part of me gradually getting peeled off from inside out, and heated up...I cannot move nor talk, I can do nothing else but standing there, it was so emotional and so strong, that i got extremely emotional at this song.

Encore, if i remember correctly it's 4 times of encore(one more than Shanghai), Der Morgan danach seems to be the most "singable" song that everyone could sing along, (consider quite some people could not handle even english) amazing! And the very last time they really seem to be off stage and finish concert and i heard
"background music"(which is a sign of concert end) starts but the crowds were so persistant, no one leaves....then Tilo came out, with a big smile and said...you are amazing...he and Anne then blowing kisses to the audience.

4th April Beijing-Shanghai Mao Live
My flight leaves (again) early in morning to Shanghai (I hate food on Airchina), so i arrive in Shanghai around 9.30,
Then i met another girl Jun in Shanghai, who i knew for quite some long time ...around 2003 or 2004 because of
Lacrimosa, but didn't meet in person so often, who created the very first Lacrimosa Chinese fansite and did a lot for us, and now she's a bit of typical Otaku type XD I'm really happy I can work with her a bit cause i really like her as she's cool and cute, always got this expressionless look on her face but her funny comments could make me laugh my arsch off...so we cooperated together till later again in afternoon.
It took a bit longer time for the sound check than in Beijing, but audience in Shanghai are somehow shy, btw have to mention gothic scene in Shanghai is bigger than Beijing, there're some gothic themed clubs and parties
Beijing is a bit more of "metal type" 
So nobody shouting out or scream like in Beijing, people are shy and quiet even when it's a bit later than opening, some fans in front have tried and gave up, and then Lacrimosa went on stage and Komet starts...
Shanghai..is interesting, i had the feeling that people "wait" till Lichtgestalt and suddenly all of them
break out, yes, one can easily feel it, probably this old song has brought back memories in 2009 or out of no reason, noone remains shy and all went totally crazy with this song and even crazier than in Bejing, there last till the end.
After that it's VIP session, i quite like it, it's in a lounge next to venue and everything so queit, cozy, neat..
I can't hear what other fans talking about but I really love their faces, full of happiness and love but not
stressed at all ;) I love that gentle and cozy feeling

Laters we had chance sitting together and chat with Tilo and Anne, and they asked how i met
Jun and such. And incredibly(?) I find Tilo so very intelligent (as if i didn't think so?;) and his brain could receive so much and react so fast that i still have to wow at it. Anne's such a caring woman and even during chat, she remember she promised a fan who asked for signature previously outside the venue..which i find symphsich..

And then, off the S. Korea, before that we had a bit worry because of the situation in N.Korea,
looks like they survived good ;)

Oh and i took some rest the next day and met my friend in Shanghai we had suuuch great time, hanging out and tried local food and super yummy sushi(and the price!...compared with Duesseldorf!)....then took a long walk in the Bund, night views of Shanghai's much more beautiful than it was my memory.

And then..I took a very short trip back to my hometown(quickly kissed everyone--my mom, dad grandparents, friends XD and quicky spread out my presents to them(not easy to carry them all the way from Germany to Beijing to Shanghai and to Chengdu! XDD

Oh and btw there in my hometown i had fun with live version of Takagism for the first time...that's really cool!
And it's in a big music theme park, my friends and i talked several times to sneak Lacrimosa there to perform because the venue and facilities are amazing, live house is no worse than Beijing and shanghai,
unfortunately we asked rock organizers in Chengdu several times (already asked them back in 2006, and this year asked again) that they were not able to support such event, still a problem of market, so, it's a pity only two concerts in two cities in China--a huge country! But I believe with time everything will change, for the good.

Promotion:
Talking about govenment...like i previously posted...I'm surprised to find out on the "mainstream voice" ....websites of the official channel...(CCTV english and Xinhua news agency)
They published Lacrimosa's concert! That look really a bit disharmony(if you look at that big government logo on top) but good! As I never seen that before...previously there were so many concerts with Lamb of God, ,Arch Enemy, none of them were published on government sites.....but just Lacrimosa.
Not only that...till very last day still beijing media find us and want to do report...

Now i write this when I'm back, so...unbelievable memories.

Photos:
Beijing:
http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-1541971-1-1.html
http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-1541972-1-1.html
http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-1543791-1-1.html
http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-1543792-1-1.html

Shanghai:
http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-1543795-1-1.html
http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-1543796-1-1.html

Some Media reports:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/photo/2013-04/03/c_124537008.htm
http://english.cntv.cn/20130403/103508.shtml

And I love their photos on Great wall...it just fits them so well...of course you can check it out on Facebook
Tilo wolff(lacrimosa) account.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.356905294416161.1073741826.209883045785054&type=3

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:29:39 by LUSha »
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2013, 10:10:01 »
So very nice to read everyone's reports of your various experiences, thank you so much :)

Balazs, I believe that the main thing was to experienced some Lacrimosa, and anyway none ever feels like they had enough of it even when they see 3h of it! ^^

Sha, particular thanks for the length and also the many good pics there, I especially enjoyed seeing audience and stage in the same pic, and also BIG smiles and REAL expressions of peaceful bliss/blissful peace? on musicians' faces, not just Tilo and Anne!! So nice to see them enjoying it so much too :)
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2013, 17:37:30 »
Thank you sweet Meli, yeah I also love their faces the musicians when you see they enjoy what they do
..I like one of the photographers who catches lots of details, so lovely!   ;D

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2013, 20:40:16 »
Jenn so cool when you try your luck and it works!  :D

Balazs nice to see a new fan here, from a new country! you made a great job to come abroad for a concert, it's pity that you had those problems but at least this is an adventure you will laugh about over years! next time you will see the entire concert!

LUSha Julien's play spoke for himself! He is cool! and i don't doubt he is a nice person ))) and i like the photos very much! even here Chinese people have overtaken everyone  ;D

thank you very much guys for your reviews, helping all the others to live the concerts over and over!  ;D
Greetings from St.Pete

Offline cn

• Forenkenner First Class
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2013, 10:00:42 »
i like the drummer fancying session hahahaha!  i am impressed by him as well... BUT i couldn't see his face until the end of show(too many tall guys stood infront of me, i wished i could suddenly grew taller....)  a little disappionted ;-(

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2013, 10:18:21 »
Thank you LüSha for your wounderfull and amazing impressions and pictures from the Concerts in Bejing and Shanghai.  :)
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2013, 12:21:14 »
@Olga im glad you enjoyed reading it and that when i share i also bring this live feeling here! Lol but in china we can still not beat russian or mexico at the number of audience @schwarze Seele  great you like it!! I was watching a bit video last night and bring me back memories! And @
i like the drummer fancying session hahahaha!  i am impressed by him as well... BUT i couldn't see his face until the end of show(too many tall guys stood infront of me, i wished i could suddenly grew taller....)  a little disappionted ;-(
yeah can understand, i was not able to get to front but see him laters i think he's totally handsome! Looking much better than photos! :B my defination of handsomed guys but jun doesnt agree with me we kept on debating over this lol now reading so many positive fancy about him i can persuade jun lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:22:57 by LUSha »

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2013, 12:44:50 »
@Lusha, just lovely review! thanks for sharing it ;)
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2013, 18:47:44 »
So many wonderful impressions here!!!!  :D :D :D Thank you very much to every one of you!!!!
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

Offline cn

• Forenkenner First Class
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2013, 05:08:02 »
@Olga im glad you enjoyed reading it and that when i share i also bring this live feeling here! Lol but in china we can still not beat russian or mexico at the number of audience @schwarze Seele  great you like it!! I was watching a bit video last night and bring me back memories! And @ yeah can understand, i was not able to get to front but see him laters i think he's totally handsome! Looking much better than photos! :B my defination of handsomed guys but jun doesnt agree with me we kept on debating over this lol now reading so many positive fancy about him i can persuade jun lol

hahaha agree <3  he has a handsome face indeed. hope you successfully convince jun to join the " drummer fancy" group lol.  and he seemed to be a introverted person, can make a good match with extroverted Tilo on stage hahahaha

pichirova Offline mx

• Staff Forenkenner
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:52 »
I'd like to share my impressions aboyt the tour, these were my 4th and 5th concerts. I've already been in the first rows (in 2010 i was in the first one <3) but i'm too damn short and it's  worse for me, so when i heard they were comming again, i thought 'well, i have already been in the hot zone, dancing, screaming, crushed, so this time i want to go just to listen to the music and watch them from afar' and so i did and this time i didn't arrive to the venue at 6am like years before; i arrived around 6:00 and i was way in the back, but since the venue is quite small, it was a pretty good spot.
The concert began soon and when the first notes started to play, everything went craaazy!
I forgot my plan of just enjoy listening and watching the performance (which of coruse was totally awesome) and i started screaming, jumping, and lose control, hahaha.
I can't even start to describe the atmosphere, the energy from the band, the energy from the audience. The gig was amazing, i had so much fun, it was so vibrant, so powerfull.
I must say that this concert was april 14th and i just had that ticket, but in the middle of the show i though: i HAVE to come tomorrow, i HAVE to experience this again. And so i did :)
I skipped classes to go buy my ticket and later to go to the concert, and the venue was almost empty when i arrived, it wass less crowded than the night before (and i was closer to the stage, hehe) so i thought it would be less 'energetic' and i think it was, but it was allso mor 'intimate' and it was also pretty cool.
So, i loooved it, lo loved this tour and i've been a little bit depressed (hehe, ok, not like suicidal depressed) over two weeks, i want MORE! :( gonna miss it so much...but it will always be in my mind :D

*i apologyze if there are any typos, i'm writing in a tablet and my fingers are fat and clumsy, besides, something is wrong with my hand, it hurts a lot. LOL i'll review this later*
Zu spät genug

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
  • To fly, to feel, to be as brave as they taught me
« Reply #402 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:13 »
If I could only pour my heart out, just plain simply leave it there to show you guys how amazingly important this experience was for me! There are only words, however, to describe such an unbelievable display of artistry and passion.

*about some unimportant problems at first*
Ok... so we are here in Quito, where one can have a demolishing rain and an impossible sun 'storm' on the very same day. It was very sunny the first hours of the day, and then it poured from 2 pm until just a few minutes before the concert started (We joked saying that Lacrimosa stopped the rain for us ;) ). We waited in line, under the rain, with no roof because the concert was in a parking lot. The bodyguards harassed us all afternoon, talking about how we were very 'dangerous', how they had to be 'protected against our disturbances', etc. We couldn't sit, we had to stay in a very narrow space and anyone who crossed the divisory line was 'gently' asked to return to 'our place'. At 6 pm we were told that we had to form a new line, with ladies in one row and boys in another. As you can well imagine, total chaos was unleashed. People stepped on other people, there were fights and lots of violence from these so called body-guards.
ANYWAY... I was lucky enough to find a spot on the very first row. Since men and women were separated, I had to wait for my boyfriend and other friends and by then there was no more space on the first row, but they got to the second and third rows, which was still very nice :) (I am also very small, pichirova, and I really really needed to be in the first row because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see anything ;) )

*ABOUT THE MAGIC*
And it starts. The band that preceded Lacrimosa was pretty cool. A bit of goth, a bit of metal... It was pretty interesting.
Suddenly, people start screaming: Tilo and Anne wave from the side of the scenario, because the spot was sadly in the middle of nowhere and they had no other choice but to go down from the hill that was right behind us. My God! Tilo actually looked like a magic-light-creature in the middle of all the darkness and the shrubbery!
The first song was Ich bin der brennende Komet and it was total passion. People started singing along, jumping around, screaming euphorically (haha... me included). Then Tilo says hello, Anne appears –majestically, as usual- and Yenz starts marauding on his bass, making it scream. Oh! Such force!
Even if I tried to properly enlist the songs that were played, I couldn’t. I was in a fever, shaking, screaming, ripping out all the ‘sanity’, all the ‘proper standards’ that I’d let imprison me for so long. I was finding my warm, primitive, childish soul and Tilo was there to help me do so. He held his emotions in front of us, so fragile and strong at the same time, so otherworldly and pure. Every note perfectly encompassed, tied in with his whole body and his expressions. Anne’s voice like a mermaid’s and the whole band just gracing us with clean cut fire! There were Der Morgen danach, Alles Lüge (Dear God, how is it possible to be so universally right when describing the desolation lying leaves?), Not every pain hurts, Schakal (By this time I was completely out of myself, really feeling the angel carry his heart -Tilo’s brittle, beautiful heart- away) and so many more, each and every single one almost perfect.
 And then came Stolzes Herz and it was like the recreation of the times it saved me from drowning. I was by myself, fighting against my terrible demons, surrounded by desperation like broken glass cutting through my skin, when Tilo started caressing the first lines, transforming the abysm into an empowering force, and me into a freshly born fighter. Tears, that so rarely come to my rescue, came to purify me. Tears of a welcoming new life, tears to celebrate the awakening of my true soul! I will never forget that feeling! To be protected and encouraged by another soul that strives but succeeds, by this mythical, old soul that has never surrendered even when it’s been so deeply wounded! Oh Lacrimosa!!! Oh Life!!!!
After this came the songs from Revolution. I must admit I hadn’t had the strength to fully analyze them, so it was like hearing them for the first time and it was also like receiving a brand new gift (exactly like Tilo’s said in some interviews). The interpretation was so sincere that I felt like I was experiencing the very creation of them. Tilo and Anne were so honest, so strong I couldn’t believe it! And the piano!!! Is it really possible?! (I just kept repeating: “Thank you, thank you!”). The metaphor for Revolution really left me amazed, the story moved my heart!
They said thank you, we screamed, we thanked them, we jumped, we called for them. They left. They came back. Not one but three times! And every time it was a present. A ball of fire to keep us going!
Once the concert was over, it started pouring again! We had to move to the disco for the after party but there were no cars in the middle of the woods, so we had to walk down the hill and wait again under the rain. No bodyguards this time, so everything was better. Although there were lots of police cars and sirens, we didn’t care.
Yenz, Julien, and Jay were waiting inside the car while Henrik was right in front of the door of the disco. They let us take pictures and they were completely understanding with our euphoria!  We were out of our minds! We got in the disco and the rumor that Tilo and Anne were already in there was widely spread. We waited outside the door of the changing room for almost 30 minutes and they didn’t come out. Then, a voice says that they are on the stage of the disco, and again, chaos occurred. The new bodyguards pushed people away, almost got us out, one of them made Anne pour her drink on the floor (I almost punched that guy in the face –haha, violent me-!  But Anne was such an understanding lady!), there was a bit of screaming from us. Anne shouted in Spanish “¡Silencio por favor!”--- What a sweet and yet incredibly strong voice she has!. After all that Tilo said no pictures, no autographs, just dancing and partying :) :) :)
Anne was a complete delight to be near to. She danced with such fire! She was so perfectly free! She was so filled with life!. Again magically, authentically. Meanwhile, Tilo came out a couple of times, had a beer or two and just waited. I recognized some animal force in him. Like a quiet owl, persistently shining amidst the shadows, being one with his own secret of perennial wisdom!
In a moment of shear courage, I dared to approach him and he let me talk to him. I babbled like a baby, so out of control of myself, and yet so at peace because he was there. I will never forget such an impressive kind heart! Such an empathetic spirit! Oh Mercy! I wish I can one day evolve to be as enlightened as he is! He hugged me and I felt this temple all around me, I can barely describe how immense his understanding was to me. Among other things, he said “don’t be sad”. I shall not.
Anne gave me a wonderful hug too! And I got to tell her how beautiful I think she is! :) :) :)
The rest of the night was filled with energy. The kisses, as strong as life itself! Magic. Magic. Life couldn’t have been better. My spirit still awaits my commitment to life in order to live something like this again. I will. I promise.
God bless Lacrimosa!

PS: Sorry for the long rantings. I just had to share my impressions from my second concert :)
Dem Leben neu erwacht und erwacht ganz neu im Leben - Lacrimosa!

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #403 on: May 01, 2013, 11:01:44 »
Excellent review Keineangst I'm totally agree with you about Tilo and Anne's descriptions, being with them is such a spiritual, strong and wonderful experience, Tilo's hugs, Anne's glances.. Their smell, everything, they're like some kind of magic creatures. I'm so glad you also could live this wonderful experience  :)
Ich warte auf dich! 

Keineangst Offline ec

• Forenhase
  • To fly, to feel, to be as brave as they taught me
« Reply #404 on: May 01, 2013, 16:06:26 »
:) :) Thank you NuWoLa! I hope we get to live something like this some more times! (In which I hope to have grown wiser in order to control myself and present my love to them a lot better *fingers crossed*)
I am so glad you mentioned their wonderful smell! Especially Tilo's! I couldn't believe how nature-like he smelled. I was just shocked because I've only smelled something like that in the middle of the Amazonas jungle, with the lights off and two big shining eyes of some creature staring at me. Wow... Tilo is a truly a Lichtgestalt!
Dem Leben neu erwacht und erwacht ganz neu im Leben - Lacrimosa!