Author Topic: Revolution Tour Impressions  (Read 77960 times)

Tänzerin der Dunkelheit Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Minister of dance
Antw:Revolution Tour Impressions
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2012, 20:31:05 »
@ Tänzerin: Schön dich mal wieder hier zu sehen. Ich hoffe das es dir gut geht? Ach du warst das also auf den Fotos die so fast neben Jenny jen stand? Und immer beim Mitsingen fotografiert  wurde.  :) Du standest doch in der ersten Reihe oder täusche ich mich da?
Danke für die Nachfrage, mir geht es wirklich gut und nach gestern Nacht noch besser! Lacrimosa macht irgendwie süchtig und so muss ich nach Ludwigsburg auch zu dem Konzert gehen. :D Wie geht es dir? Warst du auch schon auf einem der Konzerte?
Ja... das in der ersten Reihe bin ich! Und nur um eins klar zu stellen, ich habe nicht immer mitgesungen, nur der Photographer hat wohl immer genau die Momente getroffen!  ;D
Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann, doch worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist. V. Hugo

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2012, 21:01:56 »
Danke Thorsten für die Bilder :)
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Stephanie Lamas Offline ar

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Luna-tic!
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2012, 22:59:01 »
BEAUTIFUL pictures :D
Out here the good girls die

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2012, 23:53:27 »
Follow this link to a gallery of pictures of the concert in Karlsruhe yesterday.  ;)

http://www.ka-news.de/fotos/bilddetail/cme509736,941986

Beautiful!! *--*  ;D

Darkwavetyp Offline de

• Newbee
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2012, 07:38:54 »
You're welcome! :)

But somehow it seems to me like some of you think this would be pictures i took. I don't want to adorn myself with borrowed plumes. So to make this clear, i just linked them  ;)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not

Gandalf Offline fr

• Newbee
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2012, 12:31:00 »
Here is my review.
Thousand thanks to Melissa for the perfect english translation !  :-*

Lacrimosa 07-10-12 Pratteln.

"Lacrimosa.
Finally.
Since 1998 that I’ve been waiting for this.

Seeing the best gothic-symphonic Metal band, nothing less. I’m talking about real gothic Metal, not about Metal bands with a few gothic aspects here and there, like Tristania and co… And still, this remains a very simplistic denomination for such a genius of composition as Tilo Wolff… Many music pieces could easily be found in a classical music catalogue (« Sanctus », « Kyrie », « Rote Sinfonie »,…) , while still proposing some blazing titles sounding much more Metal when played live than some bands which are labelled as pure Metal.

To this record must be added the omnipresence of Emotion with a capital E, the one which literally transports you and give you fucking incredible shivers, and you will now understand why I have been dying to see them on stage for such a long time.

However, when the tour was announced, with its “miserable” 15 dates enclosed in the usual triangle of Germany-Eastern Europe-Switzerland, I thought that once again I was done for, that I was going to curse aloud for a month for nothing, waiting for hypothetical other dates to come. Same story than for the last 10 years all over again…

I had even scheduled going to see Therion on that rainy Sunday. And then I saw the setlist of the first concert in Poland. Visual orgasm! A fucking awesome setlist which already made my heart jump with happiness. It’s very simple, it was almost perfect for me. If there had been « Deine Nähe », « Seele in Not » and « Siehst du mich im licht » it would have been heaven, but we’re not gonna pick over that, having at least 25 songs, so about 2 hours and a half of show, it was the dream that I had been playing with for so long.

So in such cases I stop thinking, I follow my instinct, and it was yelling me that I HAD to rush for it, so as to live something that really meant a lot to me. Because Lacrimosa, it is, for those who know me, in the same category as Savatage. A band which has supported me in dark periods, provided me with the best musical experiences ever possible, and which continues to make me melancholically happy, year after year. Unique.

So, after about 700 km of travel, I found myself in Pratteln, in that venue of Z7, where I’ve already been once, to see Jon Oliva’s Pain (coincidences, when they start) and which I find awesome as a concert hall. Sadly, the crowd remained very thin. I would say about 300 pilgrims at most. It doesn’t do justice to the band’s talent, and I was afraid at first that the atmosphere would be icily cold, in spite of the advantage of having an ideal central position, a few cms away from the stage without being bumped into.

How wrong to think so! Because just like me, people around me shivered when the lights got turned off and the « Lacrimosa theme » resounded, just like in the mythical « Live » of the Stille tour. And just like then, it was the fabulous « Ich bin der brennende Komet » that followed. With a totally ex-ce-llent sound, which remained the case during the whole concert.

And there, guys, I knew why I had been right to follow my instinct. To have a happy Tilo Wolff right in front of me and on his left Anne Nurmi with her glances of iced embers, interpreting one of my favourite titles, I was immediately submerged by intense emotion. It took hold of me, and didn’t let me go away till the end of the live. Just this « Ich bin der brennende Komet » justified my travel, so you can imagine the rest…

When the majestic « Schakal » sounded for the third title, I became mad, I started yelling the lyrics and making my hair fly everywhere, in what will remain one of the great moments of my live career…  After that it becomes difficult for me to describe with words the perfect happiness that I felt, the explosion of sad and happy feelings mixed together, reflecting all the human duality. The beauty in the melancholy sadness, the dark feelings in the hope always present. The lyrics are essential in Lacrimosa and even if you don’t speak German you can feel what Tilo wants to transmit.

The band alternated with intelligence between old pieces and newer songs, among which seven of the last magnificent Revolution. Some of them are fit for stage, like « Feuerzug » and its insisting piano, the eponymous song and its industrial-metal intro, the long and persistent « Rote sinfonie », the desperate « Refugium », or also « If the world stood still a day »,  with a stunning singing from Anne Nurmi. The audience reacted vigorously each time, you could feel the faithful people, you felt at home with ultimate fans, it was extremely nice. People exulted on hits like « Lichtgestalt », « Alles Lüge », « Der Morgen danach » or « Feuer ».

But what an atmosphere on a mythical « Stolzes Herz » which closed the first part of the show! A pure piece of music which starts so softly at first, and then finishes in a cataclysm after an irrepressible crescendo!

And a good example of the Metal side of the combo! The guitars are sharp, a real wall of decibels, supported by a roaring bass, dry drums and a keyboard never drowned under the rest, but bringing such a particular touch. It makes me mad to hear the metal heads who criticize Lacrimosa by reducing them to a simple gothic band. Hell, but listen to the live versions of « Feuer », « Revolution », « Ich bin der brennende Komet », « Feuerzug », and « Malina » and we’ll compare with heavy bands who can definitely not rock as well!

Not to mention that the duo is accompanied by a real band, not just people who would be there to get Tilo and Anne look and sound good. The guitarists are really good, both are solists, getting us first-rate solo parts (« Stolzes Herz »’s final, « Feuerzug »’s, or interventions in « Komet », « Rote Sinfonie », or « Feuer »!) and the rhythm section supports wonderfully the structure, with no wrong notes. It’s just a pity that there isn’t a violin player for the many parts dealing with this instrument, it would have gained in intensity, I think.

Beside that, I received terrible emotional slaps in the face with the calm « Ich verlasse heut’ dein Herz », followed by « Am ende stehen wir zwei », or « Tränen der Sehnsucht », that I never would have believed to hear live one day… Not to mention « Alleine zu zweit », « Not every pain hurts », or « Weil du Hilfe brauchst »…

Honestly, seeing the songs that they had been playing on previous dates, I would have really liked to have « Halt mich » instead of « A prayer for your heart » and « Ein Hauch von Menschlichkeit » in the stead of « Apart », it would have been perfect. I was surprised though of the absence of « Durch Nacht und Flut », that I thought was a hit impossible to not to play.

Well, I don’t complain, in the contrary. Tilo’s charisma is incredible. He is immersed deeply in his music, he lives it, he shares it. Anne is more discreet, I would have thought her to be put more forward. Except that when she takes hold of the microphone you become entirely focused on her voice, her dancing, her glances.

A magnetic experience.

When I reopened my eyes at the end of the concert, I had one single thought in mind: to return to another concert, like an irrepressible need. Impossible of course, but from now on, in order not to regret missing them like all these past years, I have promised myself to go to at least one date each tour, travelling a few thousands kms if needed. They totally deserve it. Because there are few combos who have thrilled me as much as they have.

Thank you, Lacrimosa.

Setlist (taken from the mix table)

First Set

Lacrimosa Theme (intro)
Ich bin der brennende Komet
Malina
Schakal
Mandira Nabula
Feuerzug
Lichtgestalt
If the World Stood Still a Day
Alles Lüge
Tränen der Sehnsucht
Alleine Zu Zweit
Irgendein Arsch ist immer unterwegs
Ein Hauch von Menschlichkeit
A Prayer for your Heart
Apart
Stolzes Herz

Second Set

Refugium
Ich Verlasse Heut' Dein Herz
Am Ende Stehen Wir 2
Weil Du Hilfe brauchst
Not Every Pain Hurts
Ohne Dich ist Alles Nichts
Rote Sinfonie
Revolution

Rappel

Der Morgen Danach
Feuer

Gandalf
"
Without any pain it wouldn't be the same, Experiences made me strong -

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2012, 13:33:10 »
Gandalf, thanks for the review! :) Thank you for sharing your emotions and impressions...  Pleasant to read when it is written with such enthusiasm :)

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2012, 13:37:45 »
@Gandalf
amazing review  8)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2012, 16:20:50 »
@ Tänzerin: Danke mir geht es auch gut. Ja ich war auch auf einem Lacrimosa Konzert in Leipzig. Es war einfach atemberaubend und voller Emotionen. Du hast recht Lacrimosa machen echt süchtig.  :) Ich kann aber leider nur ein Konzert besuchen weil es Finanziell bei mir nicht anders ging.  Da hat dich der Fotograf immer nur beim mitsingen erwischt. Klingt echt lustig.  :) Ich wünsche dir schon viel Spaß beim Konzert in Ludwigsburg, genieß es einfach.

@ Gandalf: Thank you for your amazing words from the concert in Pratteln and that you share here your Emotions.
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2012, 23:21:21 »
Gandalf: thanks for sharing that wonderful review, your words just increased my desire to see them live!!  ;D

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:33 »
Nice Review Gandalf  :) thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Gandalf Offline fr

• Newbee
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2012, 12:50:04 »
Thank you :)

It's a pleasure to write a concert review for me, but a bigger pleasure when the concert was fantastic or emotionnally powerful.
It's a pleasure to share it with Lacrimosa fans and a great joy to be read with persons who feel the same things.  :)
Without any pain it wouldn't be the same, Experiences made me strong -

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2012, 14:01:03 »
Some days ago I was so excited, because Lacrimosa was in Karlsruhe for a concert. The day before, Kitty arrived and I was so happy that I could share the beautiful moments with such a wonderful person! When I woke up at Tuesday I couldn’t believe it’s THE day. But first I had to wait and had to go to classes… sometimes classes really sucks. :P Well, in the late afternoon I went home and Kitty and me got ready for the concert. We wait and wait for open doors… inside then, we searched for a coatrack and for some drinks. We also met some really nice girls of the forum here… ;)
So, the first sounds of the theme started suddenly. I think I was stopping breathing… and really happy to see Anne, Henrik, Manne, J.P. and Yenz. Like always Tilo was pretty late… ;D But great to see them finally, after such a long time! I really can’t remember which songs on which order they played, but it was a great playlist… a long playlist with more classis songs like Stolzes Herz, Allein zu Zweit, Lichtgestalt, Malina, Komet, not every pain hurts, der Morgen danach, Alles Lüge, but also (new) songs like Refugium, Feuerzug, am Ende stehen wir zwei, Feuer, Irgendein Arsch ist immer unterwegs, ohne Dich ist Alles Nichts, Revolution, Weil du Hilfe brauchst, if the world stood still a day. Every song was amazing! I can say that the second part, after the break (where Tilo took some photos with fans), was really hard; it was like someone shoot in my soul all the time, but in a positive way. Well, Tilo was also talking between the songs pretty often. He was talking about a beautiful story from a wedding what meant that everyone is responsible and everyone can change something! Now I know where he got the story and it’s great that he shares such a thing with us! He was also talking about close persons, that you should be careful about those close persons, especially when they need help (when I understood that correctly). I think he could do that more often! ^^ One of the greatest moments was definitely, when Tilo was playing the piano! Gosh, how many emotions! I’m so, SO grateful that he shares those emotions, all the emotions from the whole concert!! And when I was listening someone saying “there is no better concert than that of Lacrimosa”, I absolutely agree! ;) And I had seen a lot. ;) I really can’t wait for the next time seeing those beautiful souls!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 14:12:22 by jenny-jen »
*** Minister Of Smile ***

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2012, 16:05:28 »
Jenny, thanks for sharing  :)   have you got any photos?  ;D  yes, i will wait until you return from Köln  ;D
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2012, 16:13:45 »
@ Jenny: Your impressions are very amazing. I can really understand what you felt turring the concert but I felt some same things at the concert in Leipzig. The Songs they played going in my heart.  :) It was wounderfull.
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.