Author Topic: I need help with identifying this release :)  (Read 3590 times)

lacrima_mosanium Offline pl

• First Forenkenner
I need help with identifying this release :)
« on: August 25, 2012, 14:53:43 »
Hello everyone!
I just found this strange release on Polish auctions. I bought a few albums of Lacrimosa from this guy and all are legit but this one makes me wonder... I never saw it anywhere. I bought it anyway 'cause it cost me less than 3 Euro and I also collect unofficial releases and bootlegs but I'm curious if any of you came across this release.

The auctions says it's EastWest 2000 release and nothing more. I'll be grateful for any help :)

"The mediator between head and hands must be the heart." - Thea von Harbou

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
Antw:I need help with identifying this release :)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 17:17:56 »
never seen it either  :o
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 21:09:54 »
no, never came across this one ... what caught my attention is that on the back of the disc-box there stands "release 1999" isn't it? and on the cd itself stands 2000. Never seen this, maybe it's been a special release or something for specific countries? Happens sometimes ... though I can't find it back in the title catalog neither.
When you can dream it, you can do it!

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:42:00 »
I've seen several copies of these on ebay but I was never sure myself. Seems real?

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:24:55 »
Look here:
http://www.lacrimosa.ch/cms/front_content.php?idart=488

This is the same picture, isn't it?
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 10:15:35 »
Yeah, I know the cover is just like the one on Alleine zu zweit :P

ansthsia - Oh good to hear that you saw it on eBay. That means it's some kind of unofficial release but printed on larger scale. I just wanted to know if anyone came across it 'cause I never did and I visit eBay quite often ;)

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:59:23 »
Most probaly it's a complitation made by the distribution of Lacrimosa in some country. Like the Singles Collection fon Scarecrow.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 04:27:25 »
Most probaly it's a complitation made by the distribution of Lacrimosa in some country. Like the Singles Collection fon Scarecrow.

Agreed!

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:54 »
Hm... you may be right Arlishan ;) Anyway I'm glad I put my hands on this one, it looks lovely ^^ And thanks for your help!

timomosa Offline

• just registered
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 00:54:30 »
yes, this is unofficial (underground) release, printed maybe somewhere in east europe (ukraine?). Nobody knows exactly. I have this CD, even 2 pieces. I bought this in my country 1999 (if i'm not wrong) it conteins the EPs "Stolzes Herz", "Alleine zu zweit" and "Schakal". For the cover was used "Alleine zu zweit". This is typically for such releases. This was one of my first lacrimosa CD's.... It costs exactly 3 Euro. I have also "Angst", "Einsamkeit", "Satura" and "Stille" in unofficial release. Cover and everything looks some different - it is very interesting and rare. I give this CDs to one friend, because i don't have much place at home and for me the original CDs was important, but now i understand that such CD can be very interesting because it is so rare. I had also some of the albums in original licensed cassettes (in my country this was the only original release) - the original import CDs was so expensive.... I sold the cassettes here in Germany before couple of years - now i regret this so much.... This was souvenir from the first years, when i start to hear lacrimosa - and this was 1997 - before 15 years.... :P

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 12:58:34 »
Heh, this is exactly what I like about such releases. Nobody has them all 'cause it's impossible to know which country produced what. I also got all Lacrimosa tapes released in Poland and waiting for my brother to bring me "Echos" tape from The Netherlands that he bought for me there. I'm curious what type of release it is. So I understand you deeply regret selling those ;)