Author Topic: Ten years from now  (Read 3105 times)

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Ten years from now
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:01:17 »
Hi, dear family!
I recalled this excercise my class had back in highschool so I wondered what your answers would be.
What you do imagine yourself doing ten years from now? Describe your daily activites in July 2022! (supposing the world does not end this December hahaha  ::) )

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
Antw:Ten years from now
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 03:50:37 »
It's not fair!! this whole school year was full of such exercises and I never knew what to answer  :-\ So I always answered things like:
In 10 years I would be 25 years old!!  ;D .... ok being seriously: I hope to become a photographer, also I hope to be with my family and friends in a good relationship as I have had until now, maybe my house will be different, I hope by that time, learning new things and travel outside my country. In my daily activities I imagine myself in a good job, then in my house listening to music while I'm doing whatever I have to do in that moment.... maybe I have a boyfriend  ::) xD  then I'll go out with him and if not, with my friends....

I don't know what more!  :P I think, first of all I really hope to be alive! is the most important

Indeed this reminds me of a time capsule that I made with my classmates, we supposed to wrote our goals for the next 5 years in a letter to ourselves and we buried in the school, we have to return to open it in november 2016! ^^

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:27:14 »
First off, I hope to be alive!

But really..

..I see myself working non-stop, maybe pursuing a PhD, taking care of my pets, and socializing/traveling.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 09:14:45 »
too many dreams :D... In 2022 I'll be 34 years old and I will be proud mother of her child(ren), I will have a band that released at least one disc and I also hope I will have done something more with my own music at that time, maybe Nik found his way to Europe to that time so that we can work more intensively on Von Dort as well. I hope by that time I'll have a good job in which I feel satisfied, preferably in the media or music branch. I will have started learning Swedish by that time. I will have a healthy soul in a healthy body by that time for sure. I hope I'm still occupied with translation to some extent even if I don't wanna do it full-time. I will be travelling a lot showing my child(ren) the world and give them the opportunities to make something of their own lives just as I had that chance. Think that's about the biggest dream...there's also the dream lingering of writing a book, but that will probably take place in my old day :D
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Tänzerin der Dunkelheit Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Minister of dance
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:54 »
In 2022 I'll be 29 years old... Maybe I will be married with my current boyfriend, maybe have already one child. I hope, I won't be studying anymore, but maybe do my doctorate or already work in an hospital. I hope to have still the time for dancing, music, etc. and I want to take a lot of care of my child, giving it the chance to try out the things it wants to try out and to see the world from different points of view. In summer 2022 maybe we take a vacation in Ireland and enjoy the last free summer, before my child starts with kindergarten. ;)

(...very speculative :D)
Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann, doch worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist. V. Hugo

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:25 »
Ah, such question make me think deep.... And first of all, strangely, about my current life (in relevance with what I have versus what I want...)

Well, what I would like to have after 10 years... I hope to be in a relationship with a person with whom I would like to spend the rest of my days... I don't know about children, maybe yes, maybe no, no particular desire on this matter, because I don't know what will I want in 10 years from now - people can change with time, especially concerning issues like children/family... I want to be financially well off, to have enough money for my own beautiful home, for traveling... I hope I will have such job, for which I would wake up every morning with enthusiasm instead of grumpiness... And I already mentioned traveling, I want to travel at least every year and maybe more, especially in Europe, to see more new places and cities. I want to have enough time for myself, to recharge my batteries so to say. And I want to have something in my life that I would do just for the pleasure of doing it, be it my job or a hobby.
And I want more more more Lacrimosa concerts!!! :D

LadyMalina Offline es

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 14:44:48 »
Interesting topic!

unfortunately, the mood I feel right now does not allow me to write such wonderful plans for the future as you all did...u.u If I think right now of summer 2022, it just come to my mind that I will be 34 years old....oh my goth...I am depressed
right now for being 24, just imagine how I will feel with 10 years more!!!!

O.O

well, if I feel better later I may have more optimistic thoughts....u.u

and what about you Arlishan? ;)
†  Lady Malina †. Minister of Gothic Sensibility

lacrima_mosanium Offline pl

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 18:12:42 »
In summer 2022 I'm going to be working really hard as a dental surgeon or orthognatic surgeon, be married to my only boyfriend, have our own house or apartment and maybe a child or two :) If I am to go somewhere during my vacation I would choose some place I've never been before, my dream is to visit Japan. As for other things I just wish to be happy, healthy and look younger than 32 at that time xD
Oh and I hope that Lacrimosa is going to be still existing and that I'll have everything by them that I want in 10 years :P I'm making plans to have a separate room in my house for my collections :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 18:14:29 by lacrima_mosanium »
"The mediator between head and hands must be the heart." - Thea von Harbou

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 04:28:59 »
Your replies have been wonderful and so heat-warming to read! Let's wish this comes true or that it gets BETTER!

Curious thing, it makes me happy that many of you imagine yourselves having children and being married, because 95% of the people in my local friends and classmates at school almost vomit when they imagine themselves with children or even to marry!  ;D

As for me... I'll be 32 years old then (same age as the "Eduardo/Ascencio litter" now, as we call a group of teachers at school that have had the greatest influence on me as a student  :P ). I hope to have a master's degree in art production and to know already how to perform a quality tattoo, also to have had at least fifteen group art expos, some one-man-shows and a couple of expos outside the country. Either I picture myself as a tattoo artist or producing drawings and paintings full-time. Not having much money, though, but enough to eat well, have a comfy little apartment, buy my art supplies and buy lots of books and music albums.  And have my full-sleeve tattoed arms, and as you may know, my right arm tattoos will be Lacrimosa-only themed  ;D And as for my personal life, I currently picute myself in solitude, with a couple of rat-pets and some good friends around but no more. But what I would truly want is to live with a loving and respectful man, preferably some kind of artist, designer or architect so we can talk for hours about things we've learnt, maybe making arrangements to adopt a kid. I'd be wonderful to decorate the child's bedroom and buy him/her toys and then take him/her to our home, go out together on weekends and help the kid with homework. (Stop me now before I start to write a dozen parragraphs of things I'd like to do for my child!) I sometimes picture myself living away from Mexico, maybe in Canada where there is much less transhomophobia, but then I think it'd be so hard for me to leave behind my family and friends... and the mexican food! (tacos, frijoles, enchiladas, chilaquiles, pozole, mole, salsa verde, huitlacoche, nopales and so much more!!!)