Author Topic: Lacrimosa Homage Project  (Read 6205 times)

D. Offline 00

• Just poppin more
Lacrimosa Homage Project
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:40:35 »
Hello!
I am a composer and pianist, fan of Lacrimosa, and I am creating a musical project that is an homage to Lacrimosa.
I am looking for someone to write lyrics (preferably in German), and to provide vocals
I already have 4 songs written, listen to this sample song:
Stille - Rainfall (Intro)

If anyone is interested send me a PM or email :)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:Lacrimosa Homage Project
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 13:23:34 »
Hi D. Great initiative :) The sample sounds really nice ... am curious for the rest in any case ^^
Where are you from?
When you can dream it, you can do it!

D. Offline 00

• Just poppin more
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 13:28:13 »
Hi Kitty!
I am from Portugal, and I'm happy that you liked the intro  :)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 13:32:07 »
Cool :) Yes, sounds very gentle and promising :) Why you want explicit German texts? Don't you wanna write your own ones?

D. Offline 00

• Just poppin more
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 13:40:51 »
I'm good with the instruments, but I'm not a good lyricist  :-[
I said German because I have a certain fascination with the sound of the language (many of my favorite bands are from Germany), and I think it would fit nicely for a project like this.
However I might try something in English or even in my native language, Portuguese, it might work.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 13:43:18 »
 :) German is a great language indeed, specially for making music (to my opinion) It would be awesome though to hear some portugese on it, a language I don't recall hearing often actually... hope you'll find your guy or girl soon :) eager to hear your result :)

Zeake_Asakura Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 13:48:02 »
Why the hell I spent twenty minutes answering in German when there was the same topic in English :( FFFFFUUUUU-
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 13:54:42 »
Why the hell I spent twenty minutes answering in German when there was the same topic in English :( FFFFFUUUUU-

*patpat* poor buddy  :D

D. Offline 00

• Just poppin more
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 13:54:52 »

Sorry :P
But you are right, that time might be gone, but still, I'm approaching this with a new twist, whilst taking inspirations from those (Sopor Aeternus is another good inspiration indeed)
I have more material written, but they still need vocals, I guess I'll start writing some lyrics in Portuguese, that will also add a unique flavor to the music.

Zeake_Asakura Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 14:02:36 »
But you are right, that time might be gone, but still, I'm approaching this with a new twist, whilst taking inspirations from those (Sopor Aeternus is another good inspiration indeed)
I have more material written, but they still need vocals, I guess I'll start writing some lyrics in Portuguese, that will also add a unique flavor to the music.

Ho ho ho, you sound like one Russian musician who came here some years ago and was searching about singer for his musical project. And found her here by the way :D (a wink to Kitty)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 14:26:08 »

That was what I was thinking but didn't dare to say :) I don't know you very well yet so ... but indeed, I think even if a homage project, I think it's necessary as Nikita said to stick to yourself and make it unique instead of a copy from something that already exists :) Portuguese would indeed make it more unique I think indeed :) and in the end everyone has inspiration sources which cannot be denied ;) in that case, I think seeing it's a homage, it's only clear it contains elements you picked up from it :) as already said, am eager to find out more about your project when you're a bit further :)

Nik hihihi, a bit of a lazy singer you got yourself there  ;D but I'm non-stop thinking the same ever since I saw his call for a singer here :)

Zeake_Asakura Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 14:58:49 »
@Kitty
But I remeeeeeeeeeeeember when we were young (c) :)

@D.
So please more about the project. What are you gonna do in this project? you want only to find a singer and lyricswriter? or maybe to make something bigger and involve people from all the forum? You may know there are tons of talented musicians and even original composers.

(a little offtop question - have you been in France lately?)

D. Offline 00

• Just poppin more
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 15:14:06 »
Is that offtopic question for me? If nes, no, I've never been in France before, only in Germany and Spain, but I'd like to go there one day :)

About this project, if possible I would do everything myself, as I said, I already have most of it written and plenty of stuff recorded.
While I present this a Lacrimosa homage, it's something more, encompassing other influences (Snakeskin, Sopor Aeturnus, Das Ich, Einst├╝rzende Neubauten and others).
The only problem is that I'm not a great singer, however I may try.
I plan to record and publish a small EP (with 5 tracks) and see what kind of reaction I get from people.
If good, I may even try to gather some local musicians and make some gigs :)

Here's another song preview, to give better taste of what I'm cooking  ;)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12175755/videos/deathwaltz/deathwaltz.html
(I still need to add some vocals to this one)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 15:42:22 »
eum ... I have simply one expression for this: WOW! ... I mean it... this sounds awesome! (even without vocals already... but I can hear they're in your mind) and yes, Snakeskin mmm Das Ich...mmm :) cool! Thanks for the teaser... now when are we able to buy this EP?  :D I'm pretty sure the reaction is going to be good :) so get yourself together with some locals ;)

Think the offtopic question was for you yes... he knows I've been in Paris lately ;)

Edit: I adoooooore your profile pic by the way!

Nik what do you mean by that :o:o:o ... I'm NOT old yet!!! hahaha :D

D. Offline 00

• Just poppin more
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 16:00:19 »
Thank you so much, you gave me more motivation yet to continue this  :D
Now I need to sort out the vocals (I need them as good as I imagine in my head), and hopefully I can get the EP out soon!