Author Topic: Forum structure - share your opinions  (Read 40832 times)

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
Forum structure - share your opinions
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2011, 17:08:17 »
Quote from: "Kitty"

- And what to do with new members that come, register and don't return again?, I have seen many who comes and only have one post, put a definite time and if never return, delete them?

=> I personally think it would be rude to delete them ... you never know the reasons why they're absent for a long time and even if they just drop out (from time to time) they never really did anything wrong to get deleted... the reason I think of this is because that would be putting them on the same level of spammers who get their account deleted so donno... personally I wouldn't delete them.

I absolutely agree with you, Kitty! :)
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

Fearless_soul Offline ua

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2011, 17:56:29 »
As for Top Banner: do you mean a banner of the forum ?

I vote for FAQ button visible before log-in ;)

Market section is a good idea  :)

What's new is also a very nice idea !

Adapting the search-bar would be great ^^

Lacrinight needs a separate section, I think

A Language button would be cool  :D

As for German private off-topic part - I think we don't need it, both English and German off-topics can be put in one place.

As for inactive users - I agree with you, Kitty ! :D
Minister of Languages and Communication

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2011, 17:59:54 »
Quote from: "Fearless_soul"
A Language button would be cool  :D

As for inactive users - I agree with you, Kitty ! :D

+1

as for german offtopic - i don't mind having it mixed with english one. when i don't understand, i just skip, but since i'll start learning german this year ...  fine by me   :)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2011, 07:04:42 »
As for Top Banner: do you mean a banner of the forum ?

Hi Olena, yes, I meant forum banner ...

you see when first screen is loaded, it takes space on half of the page at least, for old users they know where to go and can quickly browse down, and new users..well I think maybe could be improved.
And I checked this is a whole picture, without being sliced, so it slows down loading as well (specially on mobile), just how i think, maybe the depth of banner size needs to be cut down at half of original; I like the people on banner, but I dont like it's too bright here against dark background and distracting to my eyes
And maybe it's more fun and active if fans are allowed to do banner design competition, change them according to different themes....so that constently attracking revisitors...

Adding the language exchange button-which only changes the main structure of each section on forum(including breadcrumbs, titles etc), so both English and German speakers can read comfortably as they will, and for topics in different languages, I guess if man doesn't understand one topic just skip it? Or if you want to learn you can also read and try to join conversation..I don't see that a big problem...as long as we stick to the rule that, only one unified language allowed in one topic-otherwise it gets perplexed

Right now it's like keeping German speakers in one room, and English speakers in another room, and you shut them outside the door, I dont see the bad parts of bringing them into one big room.

*Waves and blow kisses to Elena, Melissa and Valentina!* great to see you here :D  :D
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

Fearless_soul Offline ua

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2011, 08:46:35 »
Sha: I see, dear ! You're absolutely right about the forum banner ;) I'm for the competition ^^
Minister of Languages and Communication

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2011, 09:20:53 »
Sha: I see, dear ! You're absolutely right about the forum banner ;) I'm for the competition ^^

maybe we could put photos from minister meetings and from meetings with Tilo?  and if it's not too difficult to do that, maybe pictures could change by themselves; or, each time you refresh or move to another page of the forum, the picture changes?   :)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:22 »

Yes, Lü Sha, that's an interesting idea about the banner that can be changed an accordance with different events on the forum. (For example Lacrinights.) Would be really cool.

Klodi
: I think it would be a bit annoying for the eyes if the pictures change by themselves... It is a top header and you see it too often, and moving pics are distructing.
Changing when you refresh or open a new page - yeah, for me it would be interesting.
and - not all the people from forum have pics from ministers meetings and meetings with Tilo... Won't they feel left out?

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:44 »
Quote from: "Asphodel"
and - not all the people from forum have pics from ministers meetings and meetings with Tilo... Won't they feel left out?

yeah, honestly, i haven't thought about that   :oops:   maybe they could send in photos of them then?   :)

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2011, 09:52:26 »
Quote from: "Shadows-In-Twilight"

yeah, honestly, i haven't thought about that   :oops:   maybe they could send in photos of them then?   :)

That's a variant... But it should be agreed upon by everyone.
And besides, when new members appear new changes will be needed again XD

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2011, 09:59:06 »

That's a variant... But it should be agreed upon by everyone.
And besides, when new members appear new changes will be needed again XD

yeah ofcourse, everyone should agree, it was just an idea   :P

as for new memebers   :D   well, depends on how active will they be   :D   if they only register, but don't write ... well then, i don't think we should do that   :D

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2011, 10:05:10 »

as for new memebers   :D   well, depends on how active will they be   :D   if they only register, but don't write ... well then, i don't think we should do that   :D

of course, I meant new active members! :D

on_my_own_sky Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2011, 09:09:51 »
mmmm....so happened, that I've noticed this topic when it's all figured out already  :lol: unfortunately I have not time to read everything here but I saw that the voting had place and other questions were discussed.
I support the suggestions for changing of a layout, bringing pms back and very cool idea about showing the b-days !
as for the merging of German and English part - in fact, I don't know what to say here, because I can not imagine how the posts in english and german will go one after another in the same topics...as I don't speak German at all, it will not very easy for me to read it   8)

but I can say with a certainty that I will take all the changes with optimism xD hoorray for the Forum Revolution!  :lol:
~Minister of Optimism~

on_my_own_sky Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2011, 09:10:50 »
Quote from: "on_my_own_sky"
mmmm....so happened, that I've noticed this topic when it's all figured out already  :lol: unfortunately I don't have a time to read everything here but I saw that the voting had place and other questions were discussed.
I support the suggestions for changing of a layout, bringing pms back and very cool idea about showing the b-days !
as for the merging of German and English part - in fact, I don't know what to say here, because I can not imagine how the posts in english and german will go one after another in the same topics...as I don't speak German at all, it will not very easy for me to read it   8)

but I can say with a certainty that I will take all the changes with optimism xD hoorray for the Forum Revolution!  :lol:
~Minister of Optimism~

on_my_own_sky Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2011, 09:11:56 »
oooops...sorry , that supposed to be an edited post
~Minister of Optimism~

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2011, 09:19:27 »
Haha, Nadya, you're my real sister, we made the same mistake XD :D