Author Topic: Forum structure - share your opinions  (Read 40833 times)

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
Forum structure - share your opinions
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2011, 16:17:28 »
a bit more brainstorm today
some more that I think:

1. Add facebook "like" button to topics

so you can share certain to your friends, with a topic title or so(only topics in public sections can be shared) I think it's possible, remember there's some code from facebook you need to adjust size.

2. Search button optimization suggestion:

First I think search page is very good, it's categorized in good logic.

Why I don't find it user-friendly, is because it does not support fuzzy search, you need first click on search button, go to search page then you have to narrow down every search conditions at your first search, then you get results
...if can I remember that clear probably I don't need search

what if you want to search something you don't remember where and when it was written?(which happens a lot) , with current search you get nothing.

so suggestions as(if condition permits) follows:

step1. Showing search bar icon, search bar input boxsimply like this on index page:

[       ] Search

step2. then you get fuzzy search listing of your keywords, only when you want to narrow down your result, then you click "advanced search" and go to search page.
And begin detailed and narrowed down search.

3. Written description tired one's eyes, and doesn't really seem helpful, cause they tell you what you can do, but didn't tell you how

before log in--
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

after log in--
Du kannst Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum mitmachen.

All my suggestions are not enforced of course, just think as much as possible, about all possible ways that can be changed and improved. :)
Kunst und Lust folgen aus demselben Trieb ->Meine Lust

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2011, 16:29:25 »
Quote from: "LUSha"
1. Add facebook "like" button to topics[/b]

so you can share certain to your friends, with a topic title or so(only topics in public sections can be shared) I think it's possible, remember there's some code from facebook you need to adjust size.

i strongly disagree with this idea, sorry. why? first - if our friends on facebook are interested in what's going on here, they can easily join us. second - this would increase the number of members who only register and never write a word i think. or even worse, it might give us more people who have no respect towards Lacrimosa and Tilo [and Anne, ofcourse] and then what happened few weeks ago, will happen again. third - what if facebook shuts down before our forum?  and fourth - LacriWelt is LacriWelt. Facebook is Facebook. these two can't be compared, if i'm completely honest with my opinion ...
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2011, 16:41:24 »
True Klodi, understand your concern, (and I think you look at negative side only)
my idea was introducing Lacrimosa to more people via SNS, when there's official FB account already, that looks like another version of myspace(without music), sometimes forum topics seem interesting to share

At brainstorm time I don't judge ideas, just bring them up, as many as possible. And those people technicals and moderators will judge and evaluate in the end I think, probably there's only a few they will and can change, so now there's no need to worry ;)

P.S. forgot to add one more problem from chinese fans
"German is hard to understand here" ........

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2011, 18:26:15 »
another idea, don't know if it has been mentioned already ...  how about MORE ICONS?!!!   8)  8)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Andry Aras Offline mx

• Major Forenfreak
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2011, 06:35:38 »
-Lacrinight in a specific section or just in Meet&greet? Great idea, I vote for that to be a specific section

- add a language button to exchange between English and German? yes

- make FAQ visible for users which are not logged in? yes, why not :)

Quote from: "Shadows-In-Twilight"
Quote from: "Fearless_soul"

As for inactive users - I agree with you, Kitty ! :D

+1
Thanks Kitty, I agree

as for german offtopic - i don't mind having it mixed with english one. when i don't understand, i just skip, but since i'll start learning german this year ...  fine by me   :)
I'm happy for you!! and I agree

Quote from: "Asphodel"
Sha: I see, dear ! You're absolutely right about the forum banner ;) I'm for the competition ^^

Yes, Lü Sha, that's an interesting idea about the banner that can be changed an accordance with different events on the forum. (For example Lacrinights.) Would be really cool.
+1!!! *running to find pictures*

i strongly disagree with this idea, sorry. why? first - if our friends on facebook are interested in what's going on here, they can easily join us. second - this would increase the number of members who only register and never write a word i think. or even worse, it might give us more people who have no respect towards Lacrimosa and Tilo [and Anne, ofcourse] and then what happened few weeks ago, will happen again. third - what if facebook shuts down before our forum?  and fourth - LacriWelt is LacriWelt. Facebook is Facebook. these two can't be compared, if i'm completely honest with my opinion ...
Totally agree!!! *claps*

another idea, don't know if it has been mentioned already ...  how about MORE ICONS?!!!   8)  8)
yes, yes, yes!!!   :idea:

"Most users ever online was..." this will continue counting and appearing on the main page?   :roll:
~Minister of Memories and Shadows~

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2011, 13:46:48 »
Woow, I know I haven't been in here for ages but I'm glad I popped by this topic before all the changes came about! I wouldn't even know how to log in or what language to write in ;) Only joking of course!

Lovely to see that something new is happening in here! Loads of good ideas so I don't really have a whole lot to add to it all! One thing though, that I think Lü Sha mentioned already, is the "top 10 topics/posts" and a quick reply option. Those two things would make it much easier to be able to follow and participate in here, even when you're busy!  (maybe even a mobile version? I'm sorry if that already exists...I haven't had a phone that could go on the net till recently :P)

I think it's good idea with limited avatars as well...I know mine doesn't repsond to the 100X100 at the moment, but I agree that we don't need biiig pictures to recognize each other...left alone that we already have a members photo topic, where as far as I remember there are several photos of each member already ;)

As for the language, I do think that there's a bit of a barrier between the "internationals" and the "Germans" at the moment, which is really sad! But combining the two sections I fear that the German topics would get lost among the busy international topics ;) The easiest thing is to keep the two sections as it is, but I also think it's a shame that we seem to be divided into either group  :|

Anyway! loads of good ideas already! Good work everyone and Admins; Thanks for letting us be part of the brainstorming :D
- Kat

Fearless_soul Offline ua

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2011, 14:21:49 »
Welcome back to the forum Katrine ! :D
Minister of Languages and Communication

LUSha Offline cn

• Forenfreak
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2011, 16:05:55 »
long time no see Katrine! ;)

---------
Mobile version of forum would be nice...but then log in and posting must be optimized
...so it gets quicker

=)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2011, 16:05:59 »
Katerine: good to see you here sweets :)

Update suggestions up to now + votes (also from the german part of the forum):

pms back + expand: 22
merging sections: 21
merging the two forums: 13
Create lacriwelt part: 16
birthday on front page: 22
chat on front page: 12
introduction part for new users: 14
limit avatars and signatures: 18
announcements only read: 15
merging fanclub/fanpages: 11
privatize some sections (avoid google from finding): 13
limit access to amount of posts: 12
name lacriwelt of the forum: 16
changing layout of the forum: 14
what’s new” “lure” on top of forum(top ten topics):5
FAQ button before log-in: 3
market section: 2
adapt the search bar: 2
Lacrinight in a specific section:3
language button : 3
how about MORE ICONS?: 3
Top Banner competition? : 3
Mobile-phone version: 2

other remarks/suggestions

-  Top Banner competition? maybe when making the top banner smaller, we can also turn it into a competition--Lacrimosa top banner competition: posting banners designed by forum members, drawings or photographics, and vote the winner, we can change by certain theme--new release, Christmas etc..or we can also do permanant one (but that we have to get approval) That gets things more active here...

-  I don't find two log-in buttons make too much sense on forum...and shouldn't there be FAQ button before log-in? (if you are not logged in you can't see FAQ..but FAQ works for new comers mostly)

- I really suggest we should add market section, introducing and talking about products, where we can also give suggestions on them, and also, more people will be attracted to online shop, instead of just seeing a still, quiet page there.

- Add “what’s new” “lure” on top of forum: Now if one didn’t log in he has no idea of what is happening on page, I suggest if possible they can put images slide or post listings or both, on top of forum which can be automatically sorted from database and the most viewed or most hot topics can be chosen from manually--you moderators can do this job to maintain it, choose good topics and list on top of forum. To attract new people and who browse and does not register, let them know how interesting this forum actually is. And this part include some keywords can also contribute when it comes to SEO

- adapt the search bar and make it more user-friendly?
suggestion:
First I think search page is very good, it's categorized in good logic.

Why I don't find it user-friendly, is because it does not support fuzzy search, you need first click on search button, go to search page then you have to narrow down every search conditions at your first search, then you get results
...if can I remember that clear probably I don't need search

what if you want to search something you don't remember where and when it was written?(which happens a lot) , with current search you get nothing.

so suggestions as(if condition permits) follows:

step1. Showing search bar icon, search bar input boxsimply like this on index page:

[ ] Search

step2. then you get fuzzy search listing of your keywords, only when you want to narrow down your result, then you click "advanced search" and go to search page.
And begin detailed and narrowed down search.

-Lacrinight in a specific section or just in Meet&greet?

- add a language button to exchange between English and German?

- In the German part the question rose again; if the German parts keeps separated could there be a private off-topic part? (there were 11 votes for this idea)

- Another question that rose there: When the forums are mixed would it be allowed to mix languages in one topic?

- Add facebook "like" button to topics (two against)

-"Most users ever online was..." this will continue counting and appearing on the main page?

- quick reply option

- is it possible to embed youtube videos in our posts on the new place?
When you can dream it, you can do it!

« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2011, 16:12:21 »
Welcome back to the forum Katrine ! :D

+1 :)

by the way, where is the link with the new forum?
do not find it anymore.........
liked it a lot.

Yeah, avas should be smaller..............automatically...feel with this big one if i had an attention deficit disorder (ADD)... :lol:

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2011, 16:19:51 »
Quote from: "Lux Aeterna"
by the way, where is the link with the new forum?
do not find it anymore.........

shhh! )))) that's a biiiig secret, Natasha :)
we've found it, but Matze told us to forget what we see : )))))))

do not believe it...hahaha.... :lol:. Well then......good to know!

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2011, 17:30:29 »
Aww thanks guys! Missed you all! :)
- Kat

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2011, 19:05:42 »
Among new suggestions I like most of all:

what’s new” “lure” on top of forum - sounds interesting
adapt the search bar and make it more user-friendly - yes, I find it not very convenient to use now
Lacrinight in a specific section - why not? these are very special and important events!
more icons - yeah! :D (icons = smileys, right?..)
Mobile-phone version - would be good, because I'll use it. But I am ok even with the present forum on my phone now.

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2011, 21:31:37 »
Kat,  :D  :D  :D good to see you back!

- Add facebook "like" button to topics (two against)

+1 = three against
Mobile-phone version - would be good, because I'll use it. But I am ok even with the present forum on my phone now.

+1 :)
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2011, 10:09:43 »
Welcome Back here in the Forum. Enjoy this time here.  :) I´m not for so long time here, I´m here for one or two years. And I feel good.

Dark greetings.

P.S. Sorry my English is not the best.  :)
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.