Author Topic: What do you think about?  (Read 110406 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
What do you think about?
« Reply #1755 on: July 18, 2011, 20:47:54 »
I think ... that would be the best way to get my life into a good direction ... but I'm too stubborn to do so and it costs too much money to live a healthy life doing so...but never say never.

What do you think about doing something secretly for a friend to make them happy?
Chose being kind over being right, always!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
What do you think about?
« Reply #1756 on: July 19, 2011, 13:40:56 »
it's cool and interesting, if you know for sure that it is something your friend will like.

What do you think about singing (yourself)?

What do you think about?
« Reply #1757 on: July 19, 2011, 15:12:38 »
Then I Imagine the FBI, SWAT and the Interpol with my Face in "Most Wanted people" too Lock me in a Jail and put something that zip my Lips to never sing again, Otherwise, this world will be in Chaos xD

What do you think about Abortion in Young girls?

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
What do you think about?
« Reply #1758 on: July 19, 2011, 17:13:40 »
I think that they never got proper bringing up, so I'm sorry, but it's too difficult to judge, depends wich rules you will keep in mind while contemplating over it...

What do you think about extreme sports?
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
What do you think about?
« Reply #1759 on: July 20, 2011, 15:05:00 »
I'm always impressed by people doing them ... but I'm too much of a fearing bunny to do it myself >.<  :oops:

what do you think about bad weather?

What do you think about?
« Reply #1760 on: July 20, 2011, 17:38:34 »
I don't like extreme weather. It is very hot here now and we have several warnings for the heat index/air quality level. Keeping the central a/c always on is not good either because it gives me ear pains.

What do you think about synthpop music?

Maria777 Offline

• Forenfreak
What do you think about?
« Reply #1761 on: July 20, 2011, 19:05:21 »
I don't like it  :roll:

What do you think about obsessive people?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
What do you think about?
« Reply #1762 on: July 24, 2011, 09:41:56 »
I think obsessions are not healthy ... though I'm also sure that everyone has them so is an obsessive person in one way. I try not to judge when I realise someone else's obsession, but I think it's hard to deal certainly cause the only one who can really change it is the person him/herself ... with the help of friends and family of course...

What do you think about greed?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:What do you think about?
« Reply #1763 on: September 27, 2012, 19:03:24 »
I wanted to recall this topic as I always considered it a nice one.

What do you think about the balance between ego and self?

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
« Reply #1764 on: September 27, 2012, 21:57:55 »
A veeeeeeery difficult task, indeed! Because, how do we know where ends our 'self' and begins the 'ego'? How do I know if I'm sad or just got my pride injured (let's think about having a discussion with a friend)?

Interesting. I think it's the eternal struggle between our 'good/bad' inclinations. If we only think about ourselves, it's our ego we're caring for. If we only care for others, we leave our self alone and forgotten, and we could even lose it.

What do you think about recovering old friendships?
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

lacrima_mosanium Offline pl

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #1765 on: September 27, 2012, 22:09:09 »
It depends. Sometimes it turns out that you have absolutely nothing in common with a person who was your best friend once. I had that with my best friend from primary school who moved out to another part of the country but came back to our hometown for studies 3 years ago. I discovered that she may be only a friend with whom I can talk about very earthbound stuff, go out to a coffe shop from time to time but nothing serious, not a real friendship. We were children when we had a bond, we both changed and grew up. On the other hand I have so many internet and real friends and I simply cannot stay in touch with everyone constantly (especially now when I'm studying in a different city) and it happens that after a year or even longer we meet again and everything is just perfect. Just like we've seen each other yesterday. But it's always worth a try, true friends are a rare thing in today's world so we have to care for our friendships, even forgotten ones :)

What do you think about putting a very sick family member to a hospice? Yes, my grandfather is in such institution right now because my parents and my father's siblings decided that would be best and I'm still full of doubts about that...
"The mediator between head and hands must be the heart." - Thea von Harbou

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
« Reply #1766 on: September 27, 2012, 22:16:21 »
It's sad, of course, because you love that family member, and sometimes we could feel that, if we send them to an hospice, we're leaving them alone. But I don't think so.

Sometimes people need cares we can't give them: because we're not professional, because it causes them pain and nobody knows how to deal with that!
I had this experience that might help: this man have his wife, who had her foot cut off, because of diabetes. He had to take care of her, she was always in pain. Whenever he had to change her bandages, she yelled at him, and he felt that it was everything is fault: 'I should have take care of her more, so she wouldn't lose her foot, I'm causing her pain because I don't know if I'm doing this right, etc'. He needed a profesional to help them. his only duty to her was to be with her, to be supportive, let a profesional deal with bandages and all that.

I think it's the same with hospices. When the family can't deal with the cares that a person needs, they need the help of an hospice. Then, all the family have to do is what all families have to do: give them their support, love, etc...

I hope it helped!

ps: i liked your answer on friendships!

What do you think about taking risks for fun?
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

Tajj Offline ru

• Forenhase
« Reply #1767 on: September 27, 2012, 22:27:26 »
I think it's stupid, but I know also that in the world's a lot of adrenaline addicted and they absolutely don't share my point.  ;D

What do you think about the political correctness?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #1768 on: September 27, 2012, 22:52:31 »
Liked your answer Hanajash... thanks :)

As for political correctness... I think to some extent needed I think there on scoldwords related to identity ... on the other hand often a bloody masquerade that only tricks people into believe things aren't as bad as they are. Tout court anything with politics can count on my irritation lately...

What do you think about people with uncurable psychological diseases that get euthanasia granted? (just saw a documentary about someone here in Belgium who got it)

lacrima_mosanium Offline pl

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #1769 on: September 27, 2012, 23:13:09 »
I'm strongly against euthanasia - who we are to decide for people who can't speak for themselves? I could understand a terminally ill, suffering person that wants to end their life but someone with a mental disorder? We don't know what's in these people's minds! They might have they own world that they like even though we don't understand that. Was that her own request or family's decision? If it was her family then they're really cruel. If her own then the family should protest as she would not know what she was asking for. Just like the people with schizophrenia or depression - they're not responsible for all their actions, incl. suicide attempts. Someone who can't be treated yet always has a chance, medicine is developing so rapidly that diseases that were incurable and were a death sentence only in the last century are not a danger anymore. We have only one life and even living in pain is worth something.

What do you think about so-called swingers? I saw a TV programme about them on TLC today and was deeply shocked. 
"The mediator between head and hands must be the heart." - Thea von Harbou