Author Topic: What do you think about?  (Read 80696 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:What do you think about?
« Reply #1770 on: September 27, 2012, 23:35:20 »
I'm strongly against euthanasia - who we are to decide for people who can't speak for themselves? I could understand a terminally ill, suffering person that wants to end their life but someone with a mental disorder? We don't know what's in these people's minds! They might have they own world that they like even though we don't understand that. Was that her own request or family's decision? If it was her family then they're really cruel. If her own then the family should protest as she would not know what she was asking for. Just like the people with schizophrenia or depression - they're not responsible for all their actions, incl. suicide attempts. Someone who can't be treated yet always has a chance, medicine is developing so rapidly that diseases that were incurable and were a death sentence only in the last century are not a danger anymore. We have only one life and even living in pain is worth something.

What do you think about so-called swingers? I saw a TV programme about them on TLC today and was deeply shocked.

mmm, it was his own choice... and it was after 5 years of trying every possible treatement there was and it was the trouble of not being able to feel for example he couldn't enter a relationship because he had no libido, no such thing as attraction towards people. Simply a hug was like we would cut a piece of bread or something without feeling that is. He got depressed by it as on the other hand he was highly sensitive or something... he long got diagnosed schizophrenia but apperntly that diagnose wasn't fully correct. Anyways in the end his doc agreed that he was able to decide about his own life... and permitted euthanasia. And I can't really find myself in your reasoning, cause I think as that's how I experience it anyway that psychological pain, which that guy obviously had, can have as much impact on your life as terminally illness and therefore I don't see a difference between them. It's a difficult boundary I think to draw... but I wouldn't put it that hard that such people are incapable of having an own will on that matter. If not with euthanasia very often by suicide they get what they want in the end...and what's better for those who leave behind then? and for the person himself? Euthanasia is painless, whereas killing yourself practically never is. Of course I wouldn't allow someone to decide this in one night time... but this guy fought 5 long years against his psychological issues which no medicine was helping him with...the opposite was often the fact that he gained more problems due to the meds. A soul isn't endless in what it can take I guess... yes we have only one life and I see it as a gift every day and I agree, personally I think that pain is part of it, my friend told me yesterday over the phone after I had a chat with her about some issues I have that I just discovered that life is very beautiful but sometimes very very very painful at the same time ... part of the game. But for some people I guess this pain becomes unbearable after some time and who are WE to decide they should continue carrying it when they really can't anymore and are dying slowly anyway?

Now to your question... swingers... changing partners? Nah I would say I don't understand it ... but I think different people, different perceptions... I know my sis had a time of free-relationships as well ... you know where you're together with someone but also have sexual contacts outside that relationship. She eventually stayed together with the partner of that relationship... and I think as long as you make clear agreements on it and as long as you have save-sex and both partners are samewise interested in having these outside-relationship adventures...then why not? On the other hand, you have people who believe in that big one love... but what if you can't have it? should you stay alone the rest of your life? I don't understand it because I am someone who would be unable to have sex with strangers, even with people I know and find attractive I think because to me there's an intimicy part to it and intimicy is not something you share with everyone... I have clear communicative boundaries and don't let everyone equally close to me even in talking I have my specific spheres that need to be protected depending on the bound I feel with someone; there are not many I can look in the eyes while faced only couple of cm away from each other. So swingers... as long as they leave me in peace :D

what do you think about "that one love"?
When you can dream it, you can do it!

lacrima_mosanium Offline pl

• First Forenkenner
« Reply #1771 on: September 27, 2012, 23:55:44 »
Yes, I agree at this point that people who are actually able to decide for themselves have a right for such choice - it's their life after all. But in this specific case which I didn't know in details it's good that he made such a decision after thinking it thoroughly. And that it wasn't his family's decision. And let's be honest - in many cases the relatives are the ones who make such decisions, many of them do it in good will, because they think it's right and that the person whom they love won't be suffering any more. I can't place myself in their position and I hope I will never be faced with such choice.

Answering to your question: Yes, I believe that one love exists. I see it every day when looking at my parents and I saw it looking at my mom's parents who passed already. And I also believe that I found my true love. I also think that taking love only emotionally is wrong. The physical attraction and excitement won't last forever. True love's foundations shall be friendship, honesty, trust, understanding... and it can be done. You have to constantly work to make your relationship last, year by year. And there is a saying in my country with which I would like to finish my thought: "When something breaks you shall not throw it out. You should try to fix it first." And that's how all those happy marriages of old people last :)

What do you think about the situation that's happening right now between China and Japan? Are you afraid as I am that they're going to have a war?
"The mediator between head and hands must be the heart." - Thea von Harbou

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
« Reply #1772 on: September 28, 2012, 01:31:21 »
I canot have an opinion in what's happening, because I don't know the details, only what the international press says, and... well, let's say that the press not always give accurate, imparcial information.

All I know there's some problem between them about some islands. And given that I don't know to whom those islands belong, I cannot take part. Of course, I hope there'll be no wars. I won't fall on the cliché 'wars are all bad', because sometimes they're justified. But it's hard. Of course I always wish there are not wars at all.

A teacher used to say (I don't know who he was quoting): 'Even though a man's life ends in a piece of land, no land is worth a man's life'. He said that one day, when we were talking about the Islas Malvinas (or Falkland islands).

In short words: no wars, please.

What do you think about 'white lies'?
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #1773 on: September 28, 2012, 17:43:23 »
I thunk that when you live among people and when you're realistic, sometimes you'll find out that you have to lie... A part of social life. The point it - not to overuse it... Same goes to white lies in particular. And if the person does it to help and not to harm another one, I won't judge it...

What do you think about homeless animals (dogs and cats)?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #1774 on: September 29, 2012, 11:17:23 »
I pity those poor creatures, mostly why we take such cats in... we usually took older cats to give them a spot in our family.

What do you think about belief?

« Reply #1775 on: September 30, 2012, 07:23:31 »
Belief, believe in self and try to see good in others.

Beliefs, source of inspiration and problems.

What do you think about your city?

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #1776 on: September 30, 2012, 08:47:12 »
it's small, very very small, some american, used to hang in huge cities, would call it a village  ;D  but it's quite cosy and lovely and there are so many beautiful memories, connected to it  :) 

what do you think of dreams?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:49:11 by Shadows-In-Twilight »
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #1777 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:59 »
dreams in the sense of hopes for the future, things you wanna achieve? We need them to survive eventhough I'm sometimes afraid to dream as I'm afraid of failure... but nothing for nothing.

dreams in the sense of dreaming at night? I think they often entail your deepest wishes and desires and the more you fight the wisdom they bring you, the more probs you'll have finding your way in life. I also believe they form the gate to our being, that what really matters and we connect during the night with a lot more than eyes can see or hands can feel.

What do you think about spirituality?

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #1778 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:04 »
I think every person needs to find his/her spiritual way, in means of belief or religion, to live a full life... But these ways can be so different to different people. What suits one might not suit to another... So it should be by no means imposed on anyone.

What do you think about all that stuff with the end of the world in 2012?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #1779 on: September 30, 2012, 12:29:19 »
donno, I try not to think of it... there are different stories doing the round from a world that ends to a complete new world that will be born with us addapted to it... I think what will be will be and we won't have any influence on it anyway so we better take it as it comes... except that those who're based upon the maya's should read the history completely it is known that they have a different time-calculation i.e. that the end of the world lays still years ahead of us then. Moreover that the end of the world can have many definitions... Through the years people have always predicted the end of the world, so was the case with the millenium change... I actually never really worried I guess belief makes you strong.

What do you think of it?