Author Topic: LACRIWELT QUOTES/THOUGHTS  (Read 63092 times)

Annieheaven Offline de

• Forenhase
  • Aus d. Koma m. Seele gibt es keine Tür ins Licht
Antw:LACRIWELT QUOTES/THOUGHTS
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2013, 12:26:51 »
when I'm not mistaken: "To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his own."

Ahh.. nice! Thank you! :)
"Es ist der Traum der mich geführet und folgen werde ich bis in die Glut!" (Tilo Wolff)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:13 »
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu
Chose being kind over being right, always!

Annieheaven Offline de

• Forenhase
  • Aus d. Koma m. Seele gibt es keine Tür ins Licht
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2013, 22:27:32 »
I ran to my dreams, stumbled over the reality and hit my head on the truth.

Ich rannte zu meinen Träumen, stolperte über die Wirklichkeit und stieß mir den Kopf an der Wahrheit.
"Es ist der Traum der mich geführet und folgen werde ich bis in die Glut!" (Tilo Wolff)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2014, 20:22:33 »
For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one’s dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one’s surrender to a person other than oneself.
Viktor Frankl
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2014, 05:31:46 »
Well, some more of Viktor Frankl, of course I'm in love with this author  ;) :D

“The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance.”
― Viktor E. Frankl

“Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

“No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

“Love goes very far beyond the physical person of the beloved. It finds its deepest meaning in its spiritual being, his inner self. Whether or not he is actually present, whether or not he is still alive at all, ceases somehow to be of importance.”
― Viktor E. Frankl

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
  • Mit der Hoffnung tief im Blick
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2014, 00:17:02 »
Nina!! Today in the school we saw a video about the biography of Viktor E. Frankl, such a coincidence hehe  ::)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2014, 21:18:16 »
Nina!! Today in the school we saw a video about the biography of Viktor E. Frankl, such a coincidence hehe  ::)
What a coincidence, indeed!  ;) And you attend a really great school - I learned of him only at the university Philosophy classes.  ;)

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2014, 01:46:14 »
What a coincidence, indeed!  ;) And you attend a really great school - I learned of him only at the university Philosophy classes.  ;)
Oh! that's interesting ;) ::) indeed, in my school we have a subject called "Habilities" we're in the "Emotional Inteligence" topic and that's why our teacher told us about him :)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2014, 01:54:35 »
Oh! that's interesting ;) ::) indeed, in my school we have a subject called "Habilities" we're in the "Emotional Inteligence" topic and that's why our teacher told us about him :)
Oh, if EI was at least taught at my uni we all would have been much happier :) your school program is really cool, I really applaud the people that were behind it! Today this is even more important than iq - to be able to understand and affect emotions of both one's own and his or her surrounding ;)  thanks for telling, it is really interesting!

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2014, 02:02:56 »
Oh, if EI was at least taught at my uni we all would have been much happier :) your school program is really cool, I really applaud the people that were behind it! Today this is even more important than iq - to be able to understand and affect emotions of both one's own and his or her surrounding ;)  thanks for telling, it is really interesting!
Yes, that's true! Pity you aren't in Highschool any more, otherwise you could do an interchange and come to study in my school ::) ::)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2014, 02:04:30 »
Yes, that's true! Pity you aren't in Highschool any more, otherwise you could do an interchange and come to study in my school ::) ::)
:D sadly I'm way too old for it ;D but thank you anyway, this brilliant idea really improved my mood! Thank you, dear Fannie!  ;) :D

Fannie Offline mx

• Forenguru
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2014, 02:06:56 »
:D sadly I'm way too old for it ;D but thank you anyway, this brilliant idea really improved my mood! Thank you, dear Fannie!  ;) :D
;D ;D ;D You're welcome dear!!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:48 »
Part of the process of growing up is figuring out who we are anyway, right? It’s hard even when you don’t belong to an oppressed group! This is that HUMAN PART where we share human experiences. Developing self-esteem, using your big girl/boy voice, learning to be yourself is all hard and a process! Letting go of “what people think” is a challenge in and of itself, hopefully to be won by age 30ish. Well, we try. Maybe 40ish. Being authentic, whatever that means to you, is the true personal road to freedom. So for those who are a little different… learning to deal with the eye rolls, the fear in others’ eyes, the ignoring from others…all of that personal stress, that is what makes you stronger!

Well, taken from The Bright Side of Being Different article - http://www.purposefairy.com/67947/the-bright-side-of-being-different
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:30:37 by WalkAbout »

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2014, 16:32:31 »
“You should never make someone a priority who views you as an option.”
― Maya Angelou

I wish I read that earlier...  :-X

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2014, 20:36:03 »
"... Am I alive? the small voice asked itself. What is, you know by what is not; for as Augustine says, 'We have some knowledge of the darkness and silence, of the former only by the eyes, by the latter only through the ears; nevertheless we have no sensation, only the privation of sensation'. In the realm of Taut, the underworld of the Egyptians, there were twelve divisions; one of the twelve was guarded by a serpent with four legs and a human face. Here the darkness was so thick that it might be felt; but this is almost the only instance we have. When we say the night has a velvet darkness, we romance. When we say the soul is black, we are turning a phrase." - Hilary Mantel Fludd

So what is it we call a sensation?..
... nothing ever comes of nothing - we pay a price for all our choices made © Sean Brennan