Author Topic: Last seen movie  (Read 120760 times)

Hanajash Offline ar

• Forenguru
  • Para desahogar el corazón...
Antw:Last seen movie
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2015, 02:21:00 »

I just looked strange film. "Wild Tales."
This is a film from Argentina. The original name of "Relatos salvajes".
Six different little stories about revenge and how the chain of events can lead to disaster. About how a person in an instant can become an animal.
In the film no celebrities or some amazing special effects, but I can say that this is definitely one of the best films I've watched over the past year for sure.
Excellent understanding of human nature, mentality and understanding of the world in which we live.
Of these six stories that are in the film everyone can find something close for himself the opportunity to some extent, to look themselves from the outside.
Not all six stories equally liked me. but the film is certainly impressive.
But I'm not sure I'll watch it again.
I want to say that the film contains scenes of violence, just to warn you.
The film is not funny, rather cruel, but it has the humor that not everyone will accept the correct degree. The absurdity of our lives.

As an argentinian, I'd like to add something else. A few of those stories show so much of our idiosyncracy. The one with the very rich family and their 'legal problem' is an example. How they try to solve it illegaly, and the end, also. And, of course, the lawyer's plan. That's, unfortunately, so typical us.

My favourite story was the man with his 'parking problem'. I've worked so many years in those offices, always seeing how looooong and many hours took to just pay the ticket, and, well, all you saw there.
And trust me, it was the funniest. We were all thinking the same: the AFIP (tax offices) shoud be next. Just kidding, of course, but everybody hates the taxes' system here.

I'm glad you had fun!

ps: I don't remember much more. Oh, wait, the wedding!!! The actress also works in a sitcom, and her character was, well, all that yelling was just the same.

ps2: Ricardo Darin is a celebrity here. He was also invited to film in Hollywood, but he didn't accept, because, oh surprise, as a southamercian, he was invited to play some drug-lord.
Al na taakor natúa, al tishkaj et hatikváh... Hashiveni veashuba el haaretz hatováh...

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #646 on: September 02, 2015, 18:38:02 »
As far as I know there's a second part of this movie. Do you watched it?
A few months ago I had the mood to watch such movie like Divergent. Moreover, I wanted to watch exactly this movie, cause I saw a instalation of the train at the Festival of Fantasy in Moscow (kind of ComicCon), and I was really cuious to know the story of the train. Well, after watching both parts I've understand, that the main thing in the movie - IT'S A TRAIN!  ;D
From the one hand, it's really interesting theme - kind of utopia, the model of the society and people behaving.
From the other hand - it looks too banal. Boy and girl "not like everyone" who save the world, fall in love and bla-bla-bla...
Honestly, it looks boring when you watch the same movie only with diferent faces in cast.
Talking about this genre - try to watch Hungry Games, maybe you like it more, cause there the story have many details and still continue, of course you'll find there still the same boy and girl "not like everyone" who save the world, fall in love and bla-bla-bla, but the actors playing there much better, on my opinion...

No, I didn't know there is second movie... I will keep it in mind when I have some time for watching a movie ;)
As for the Hungry Games - yes, I didn't watch it... you see, when I see that some movie or book is very popular - I an a bit turned off by that popularity and all its promo... But it turns out that this little prejudice of mine is often wrong. So, if you say that it's better....

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
« Reply #647 on: September 05, 2015, 19:45:51 »
As an argentinian, I'd like to add something else. A few of those stories show so much of our idiosyncracy. The one with the very rich family and their 'legal problem' is an example. How they try to solve it illegaly, and the end, also. And, of course, the lawyer's plan. That's, unfortunately, so typical us.

My favourite story was the man with his 'parking problem'. I've worked so many years in those offices, always seeing how looooong and many hours took to just pay the ticket, and, well, all you saw there.
And trust me, it was the funniest. We were all thinking the same: the AFIP (tax offices) shoud be next. Just kidding, of course, but everybody hates the taxes' system here.

I'm glad you had fun!

ps: I don't remember much more. Oh, wait, the wedding!!! The actress also works in a sitcom, and her character was, well, all that yelling was just the same.

ps2: Ricardo Darin is a celebrity here. He was also invited to film in Hollywood, but he didn't accept, because, oh surprise, as a southamercian, he was invited to play some drug-lord.

These problems exist also in Russia. Perhaps just as in any other country.
Yes, it was funny.
View from the side.
“I'm no crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” Cheshire Cat

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #648 on: September 07, 2015, 10:41:22 »
The Shift - Ambition to meaning from Wayne Dyer
Only discovered recently right before his death, watched only after his death... but as he wanted as many people as possible to see this I'll share it here as well... never know whether someone is interested... It's about following your heart, doing what you feel you should do, live the life you want to live... lessen the fear the ego tries to keep you away from big things in your life. The movie is in comparison to his books... he made a shift himself and speaks partly from this experience. I think everyone can take something out of this movie... so when you have some time, feel interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exuw4mtzdyQ
When you can dream it, you can do it!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #649 on: October 04, 2015, 20:52:14 »
This weekend I watched 2 movies

American Beauty, which is a 1999 masterpiece that makes you come back to it again and again, and rethink everything. It's about a guy who led his life and so it happened that his life kind of eschewed him, so he fell in love and started to live. Until he was killed. 

I didn't like it's poster, so I'm attaching a link to its trailer-- https://youtu.be/hIq9Zjw0mm8

B-Movie: Lust and Sound in West Berlin

This was a documentary of sorts vividly depicting the era of 1979-1989 in West Berlin through the eyes of a manchester music lover moving to West Berlin to experience its music and beating force. Young Blixa, that atmosphere, you know. A bit graphic ;) So weird to know music that was there before I was born xD

Trailer -- https://vimeo.com/116847987
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #650 on: October 07, 2015, 18:47:34 »
I've just watch a 5-part series called Lightfields.

What one gets here: an unhasty British series + ghost story/haunted house story + detective story, all mixed in equal parts... I enjoyed! Actually, I started watching to train my English, without Russian dubbing, but I continued to do it just just because it was interesting. The action is not quick, the plot unfolds slowly, but it gives you new details bit by bit and you start to think...
It's not a horror at all, it's a drama. I loved the portrayal of all the characters, they're so human... With light and dark sides and with their past looming over them.

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
« Reply #651 on: October 18, 2015, 17:50:33 »

Sooooo
I, Julia and Tatiana ...
Today we saw movie "Crimson Peak".
I wanted to see this movie for two reasons. First - this is Tom Hiddleston. Yes, I like him. And the second - Guillermo Del Toro. Because the film "Pan's Labyrinth" I really like.

But ... damn ... it was very funny. Throughout the film.
I can not say that disappointed. How bloody black comedy - yes, you can watch this movie if you are not afraid of blood fountains.
But in this film is absolutely no common sense. I expected much more from this director. Much more.

The film is very beautiful. In it there is a special atmosphere and a lot of butterflies. The special effects are very good.
By the way, Tom Hiddleston has a a cool ass. Another reason to see the movie. ;D ;D ;D
But the whole movie I saw Loki. His expression, his manner, his movements ...
Unfortunately I must admit that this actor does not change from one film to another.  :(
And for this reason (Loki), most bloody moments in the film were perceived too much fun.
Toward the end of the film it turns into a bloodbath that does not add points. It was just stupid.

If it were not so funny, the film would be completely unusable.
But I laugh at least.

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #652 on: October 18, 2015, 19:28:32 »
Yes, Chrimson Peak impressed me, I can't deny it... By the amount of blood and slashing and stabbing!
I am an almost extinct kind of person who dislikes blood in the movies...

No, first two thirds of the movie were actually ok! But the last third where the trash part begins, beats it all! Even Hiddlestone and his ass couldn't save this movie for me! Because, actually the movie poster doesn't promise such things - for example, there are no women with blood-stained axes there, or anything like that...
The story was quite promising and intriguing at the beginning. But as it all unfolded into THIS... Personally for me, it's simply esthetically unpleasing. And also it becomes a stupid running around after one another with sharp objects.
Sorry for being critical, I have my likes and dislikes...

To say something good, I can mention that actually I really liked the costumes, the visual part of the movie in the first two thirds... The picture is beautiful!
Having Hiddlestone in there was also a bonus point. I'm not a crazy fan of his, like many others, but I like him.

Actually, the color red plays a big role there, this is why there is so much blood, I think. The director maybe wanted it to be the bright red spot on the dark background of the old house and also on the white color of snow... Sorry dear director, I couldn't enjoy it!

In other words, I can say that you should watch this only if you are ok with blood fountains in the movie.

But nevertheless I had fun with my friends! And I still remember how Ekaterina was laughing because of it all XD

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
« Reply #653 on: October 20, 2015, 14:12:13 »

But nevertheless I had fun with my friends! And I still remember how Ekaterina was laughing because of it all XD

I really was very funny the whole movie. So preposterous look what is happening on the screen.  ;D

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #654 on: December 18, 2015, 05:50:28 »
Yesterday I watched The true cost documentary. It is about modern mass market fashion -- so called Fast Fashion -- and what it does to the people in the poor parts of developing countries, what it does to the environment, including global environment, and how it makes us all lose. I strongly recommend watching it.

Trailer -- https://youtu.be/OaGp5_Sfbss

Here is a link to the movie's website: http://truecostmovie.com/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:55:27 by WalkAbout »
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
  • DAS HERZ IST MIR MEIN KOMPASS...
« Reply #655 on: December 24, 2015, 08:08:40 »
This movie simply scared me a lot :-[

Lacrimaniacos Brazilian Fanclub Manager - http://lacrimaniacos.webs.com

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
« Reply #656 on: December 25, 2015, 21:00:43 »
Just now i watched the cartoon "9".
Computer animated post-apocalyptic science fiction thriller film.

I saw these rag dolls - the main characters - before. But I did not know that this cartoon heroes.
I really liked this cartoon. Mostly this movie is not intended for children, I think.
This is a story about the struggle between good and evil. That is never too late to correct your own mistakes.
Movies that you need to never give up and go forward. and not to leave friends.

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #657 on: December 25, 2015, 21:18:37 »
Cat, I know this cartoon, liked it a lot! Agree with your opinion about it.
The characters are a bit weird, not "beautiful", but they're cute...
It's quite sad as all post-apocalyptic movies are, bit after all it says that you should never give up...

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
  • DAS HERZ IST MIR MEIN KOMPASS...
« Reply #658 on: December 26, 2015, 04:00:16 »
Just now i watched the cartoon "9".
Computer animated post-apocalyptic science fiction thriller film.

I saw these rag dolls - the main characters - before. But I did not know that this cartoon heroes.
I really liked this cartoon. Mostly this movie is not intended for children, I think.
This is a story about the struggle between good and evil. That is never too late to correct your own mistakes.
Movies that you need to never give up and go forward. and not to leave friends.

I love this movie Ekaterina  :)
I agree with your point of view and I also think this movie show us a near world reality that's not so far from us.
Lacrimaniacos Brazilian Fanclub Manager - http://lacrimaniacos.webs.com

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #659 on: January 10, 2016, 19:02:52 »
Yesterday Arkana, Ekaterina and I watched Krampus

I have to say that I quite liked it. It suited the atmosphere of real winter that finally came to Moscow...
That's a "horror" movie (in brackets because I don't think that its really scary) without graphic blood. It's about how "fairytale" suddenly breaks into the real life. That's not the best movie of all times, but it's okay to spend an evening.