Author Topic: Trips  (Read 45796 times)

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 15:41:00 »
Aww...now I'm all sad again, missing the time we had in Köln ;) and that dome really weren't something you could miss for sure :P I've been thinking about these "statue"-people and especially the flower guy when I saw one last time I was in the city...it really wasn't anything compared to...what 6 or something stading next to one another :P
But I have to say your photo's and what you tell about from Gent and all sounds and looks amazing! :) Sorry I haven't been able to read and comment on it before...you know school=busy busy busy :0/
But thanks for sharing! :D
- Kat

kali Offline

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 15:56:14 »
Quote from: "MelissaFrance"

Happily I also noticed a funny detail which made me smile a bit : Joey and you have the same eye colour !!  :shock: Just exactly the same !!!  :shock:  :shock: Incredible...  :D  ;)   :roll:

i had the same reaction when i first saw the picture :)
thank you for sharing your experience with us.
you should try traveling alone more often, i for one love the freedom it gives me. some of my best memories come from those travells. :D
"To view ones true self within a mirror would be to flirt with insanity "

Minister of Mirrors :D

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 16:00:57 »
yeah alone and alone...I've never been really alone... I mean I met people there luckily cause I can't be alone alone  :lol: ... very strange I know but I always need someone around even when there are no words spoken and there's just silence... I need that surrounding  :) that's why I didn't move to Antwerp for the time I study...just cause I fear loneliness...
But it won't have been the last time that I travelled alone  ;) I enjoyed being on my own not alone...I mean to have other people around me than family and home friends  ;) ...
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 16:45:21 »
@Kat: ach I hadn't seen you wrote  :o how did that happen????!!! don't be sad! we had an awesome time  :D and it won't have been the last ;-) (say hi to your boy from me!) I've dreamt of you by the way last night  :lol: ... I guess I was thinking "now where's she hanging around lately!" ... And yeah soon that will become my problem too ... once next week I'm sure work will be gathering and gathering and gathering and no end in sight... but I decided to just TAKE IT as it comes...and at least make a walk everyday - my dog will like it ... and in that I'm with you all  :) so that's always nice...

And those statueplayers were many!!!! That was like WTF?? ... and the flower guy was a bit weird... he was standing like "in the way" and never stood still I suppose as he stood in the wind and it was quite cold right on wednesday... really weird...

And one day I'll show you Gent  ;) you'll love it for sure as I saw you already loved Köln architecture you're for sure gonna like Gent, my personal opinion is that I like Gent and Vienna more than Köln...but well we didn't really have much time to visit Köln and I forgot to look some things up before I came there but well ... some other time ... but I'll show you around in Gent some day promised  ;)

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 19:48:07 »
Quote from: "Longwaytogo"
@Kat: ach I hadn't seen you wrote  :o how did that happen????!!! don't be sad! we had an awesome time  :D and it won't have been the last ;-) (say hi to your boy from me!) I've dreamt of you by the way last night  :lol: ... I guess I was thinking "now where's she hanging around lately!" ... And yeah soon that will become my problem too ... once next week I'm sure work will be gathering and gathering and gathering and no end in sight... but I decided to just TAKE IT as it comes...and at least make a walk everyday - my dog will like it ... and in that I'm with you all  :) so that's always nice...

And those statueplayers were many!!!! That was like WTF?? ... and the flower guy was a bit weird... he was standing like "in the way" and never stood still I suppose as he stood in the wind and it was quite cold right on wednesday... really weird...

And one day I'll show you Gent  ;) you'll love it for sure as I saw you already loved Köln architecture you're for sure gonna like Gent, my personal opinion is that I like Gent and Vienna more than Köln...but well we didn't really have much time to visit Köln and I forgot to look some things up before I came there but well ... some other time ... but I'll show you around in Gent some day promised  ;)

No worries, it wasn't a long post either...unfortunately :/ but yeah it was an awesome trip and I know it won't be the last, cause I won't let it be!! ;) (The big boy says hi back :))
And I know! I've been completely gone from here waaay too long, but unfortunately what we have this semester doesn't come easy to me so I have to spend more time studying to make sure I pass my exams in the end...and I'm really just in some sort of autopilot routine, and unfortunately everytime I checked the forum I was soo tired I couldn't get myself to start posting :/ I wish I had a dog to walk really...would do me good these days :)

I suppose he was pretty cold that flowerguy cause it was pretty windy around the dome, so yeah that might have been the reason for his eagerness in moving that much despite his statuejob :P

I'd LOVE to see Gent! It looks amazing and seeing that I've only been to Belgium once, I'd love to return and this time actually be old enough to know what city I'm in ;) But yeah you noticed my little passion for architecture? ;) I guess it was pretty obvious...hehe So yeah I might take you up on that tour around Gent ;)
Take care sweety!
- Kat

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 21:02:01 »
of course I noticed sweetheart!
And your boy as well... "look at that window" and I was what? what window  :lol: hadn't noticed was beautiful though... and the explanation about the hight of the building in comparison to yours...it inspired me really the way you talked  :) ... I've only recently turned back to my love for buildings really ... I remember when I first visited Paris I was like  :o  :o  a completely new world opened for me ... and I was really donno shocked by the beauty of that city... but then well studied in Gent and you get used to the surroundings right, when you encounter the same statue every day, the same churches everyday ... but then last year I came to Antwerp new city where I hardly ever came before and that was like  :o that's nice...different from Gent! ... and then Vienna just did it again right  :lol:  I'm sooooooooooooooooo in love with that city I'm capable of going back next year already ... cause I really thought it was beautiful and I didn't see half of it yet so... another city I really  want to see is Prague that's a lovely city I've heard so  :) ... and well with my visit to that one museum in Vienna I also discovered that I might like art...just not all art  :lol:  (meaning paintings and statues) before I've always been disliking it and well not really disliking just I didn't see what others saw in it ... mostly I stood in front of it and was like yeah ok a tree? was it that?  :lol:  but now that i've been there all on my own, in first place because the architecture of the building was just breathtaking and I wanted to see the inside any way, and I had paid and thought well I can't just walk out after half an hour ^^ that I made an effort and well there was nobody to talk to (which I would start doing otherwise) so that I just stared at a picture and at once it moved  so to say :lol:  and I though "wait a minute?"  :)  I've had that with two artists before I love Dali and I love Gaudi ... but further I've been rather rejecting towards art... and that was like yeah revelation really  :D  (thanks to our dear Tilo  :) )  ... ow where was I   :lol:  I keep talking today very strange...my boy was like  :shock: what's wrong with you again? cause I was rather silent the last days...but yeah well illness I suppose I'm better now  :lol:  ...

Well we didn't see much Gent... but there is a lot of beautiful architecture in Gent! Just like in Vienna, the houses on their own carry a lot of worth and stories with them... and a lot of churches/cathedrals as well ... and I'll take you to the very same "restaurant" as I took Joey... they serve well hardly anything except spaghetti but it's the best one I've ever aten! The biggest portions for that price  :)  and it's in the centre of the city so not far away from night-life... there's a cosy cinema as well! Sphinx it's called when I remember well... we like going there just cause you almost always have the entire hall for yourself  :lol:  so can act as if you are at home... but ah well gonna stop chattering now  :lol:  you don't have all time to read me  :P   ;)
I really hope I can take you through Gent! and one thing for sure you won't have to worry about the lack of hotel then ... cause you can just sleep at my place then...

BIIIIIIIIIIIG hug!
Miss ya!

Kitty

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 22:43:08 »
Paris is a very beautiful city in many ways, remember going to Notre Dame (hope I spelled that correctly) that was just amazing...Been fascinated by such big and magnificiant buildings for years now, especially cause we don't really have that same kind of architecture or the enormous churches here, even though we have very old buildings too :)
It's true though that you get used to whatever you walk around in everyday...I guess that's also partly why I can barely think of any truly amazing buildings in Copenhagen, cause I'm simply used to see them every day ;) But I know we've got some, but in another style completely heh. I would love to see Vienna and Prague as well, they're definitely on my top ten and have been for ages :P I've heard so many wonderful things about those two cities!
   Paintings and art in general is something which I love as well...I must say it's conditional love though, cause it has to touch me one way or another for me to truly appreciate it, I'm not the type that likes something/a piece of art just because that's in style ;) I like Dali a lot as well...We've actually got one of his works(well a poster of it, that is) There's also another artist, can't recall his name right now, but he makes very strange, and dark looking paintings...extremely fascinating though and detailed..love that! :P

Sounds amazing in Gent! We absolutely have to figure something out about your showing me around and all :D Once I used to think that history and stuff could be rather boring, but it's definitely grown on me the last 5 years and now I love to hear about old buildings and fortresses and everything ;) and sounds amazing with the restaurant and the cinema! Love food and love  movies :D

BIG BIG HUG!  Miss ya too!!

oh and I'm glad you're feeling better and back to your chatting self ;) aaand I'm off to bed now, to sleep good and long, cause it's my day off tomorrow...weee :P which is also why I have had time to write tonight hihi!
- Kat

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 08:30:05 »
Yeah I had a postcard with one of Dali's artworks :lol: lost it though  :cry:  but I got a well somewhat poster from one of Gaudi's works and that's the main sigh catcher in my room (together with the many Tilo and member pictures that were added this month  :lol: ) ... and in Vienna I got to see Klimt's work for the very first time, well of course I knew Klimt before but I've never seen one of his works outside a book so in real life I mean... and that really fascinated me... 'specially cause he really has different styles!! I'm always amazed when artist are able to express themselves in different languages so to say... in that way they are understandable for different people I suppose  :)
Furthermore I realised that I love a lot of nature in paintings...like paintings from mountains and rivers and waterfalls...that were mostly those who caught my attention...

And another city I truly want to visit someday is Barcelona ... as they have the sagrada familia and I really want to see that with my own eyes! My boyfriend bought a book when he went there... and that's just WAAAAAAUW!! something that really moves me ... and pure art if you ask me...

And history is something that always interested me... for some reason, 'specially the history of buildings and places ... just because donno I have a very lively imagination so I can really see the stories when I read or hear them   :)  and it's always nice to know a bit from the world you live in, why things are the way they are...that's why I love to visit old fortresses (I went to Ehrenburg in Brodenbach when I was in Germany) and churches as well ...

Yeah I'm happy too that I got better... I felt so miserable the last days so ... about time that got back on track  :D  although most around me loved it that I was a bit more silent  :lol:  too bad...

Big hug!!! And enjoy your day off honey!!!

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 14:22:27 »
We got our Dali from my boy's mother went she'd been at the Dali gallery...quite nice, but we've only just been able to take it with us from Norway to our place in Denmark, so unfortunately it isn't making any wall look better at the moment. Gaudi is pretty cool as well, actually used some of his work for "mood-boards" for our design for the architecture firm i worked for last semester :P Didn't know Klimt but just checked him out...I can imagine those pieces making an impact when you see them for real :)
And nature is for sure some of the most breath taking thing in the world, whether it's painted, photographed or simply just looked at...I might just be one of nature's biggest fans ;)

Yeah tons of my friends that studied Spanish (it's a rather popular language to study here) have been to Barcelona and it looks fantastic! I think it's safe for me to say that I want to see as much of the world as I can possibly manage throughout my life ;)

I'm feeling rather miserable these days really, not just because I've managed to get a cold...but I dunno...I guess it's just the whole getting back to the routine of waking up, going to school, do homework, go to bed and then all over the next day :/ But I'm sure it'll pass at some point, can't last forever can it? ;) hehe

Take care hun, and hope you had a nice day so far :) biig hug!
- Kat

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 16:43:16 »
:( ow sorry to hear that... yeah i've had quite some problems with the routine thingie as well... hate routine and I enjoyed myself the last weeks just a little bit too good I suppose  :lol: ... but I somehow managed... I fell ill on sunday really ill that is and so had no other choice but staying home on monday...and somehow that did me good...I slept a lot on monday, wrote a lot on monday ... then yesterday I was better and I somehow had the feeling of "yeah let's start again" in the evening... I was all excited and ready to kick when Tilo's picture came and just well was that little extra boost  :D so I went to school today ... and learnt much apparently that was good! We learn to write proper texts  :)  ... now I have a terrible headache again, but that's from the bustrip ...it was way too hot on the bus... way too noisy... and I fell asleep BAD KITTY BAD!  :lol: that's when I get a headache very weird but when I sleep on the bus I get a headache... and I got annoyed by some people in class but I had like they're not worth my energy so I let them be...

AND I had a funny situation today  :D  O was almost at school when I saw this yeah guy with a map so I thought he's looking his way so I looked at him to give him the opportunity to ask me if he wanted to...and he did... and well I knew where he had to be but couldn't explain and still had half an hour AND he spoke English so I thought... I'll just bring you there! ...  :lol: the guy looked at me with those eyes  :shock:  you wanna do that? For me? whom you don't know? ... and I said yeah hi by the way I'm kitty nice to meet you ... and he said then his name and started chatting...but very quick you know guys and when a girl is friendly that can't be apparently ... very quick he asked you have a boyfriend? I went like, since 7 years by now (well not yet that's in december) and he looked ow woow that's a long time... and then he asked if we could be friends and I said of course, I like making new friends... but you know I thought I'm just gonna wait this conversation to give him anything from personal information cause you never know right...and very soon he asked me what do you do with your boyfriend on free days? and I went like eum??? :?  well usual stuff I suppose hanging on the couch, watching movies, chatting, making walks usual stuff...and he went like yeah kissing, fumbling I thought WTF???? have you got any dignity at all? ... so I didn't answer that one...and than he said chilling...I said yeah exactly chilling... and he went like would you like to chill with me some day? and I said yeah why not...and he smiled but like you know when a man gets ahum right and I said no no no not in that way of course I have my boyfriend... and he said yeah right of course... so on and on and really disappointed me you know...cause all I wanted was to be friendly, show him the way and chat like I chat with so many people! ... so in the end when I brought him at the right place he said you're really sweet you know that? I've never met such a sweet girl in my life...and I said like yeah right... and he went really I mean it! and then he asked me can I well call you or something to have a drink together...and I did as if I hadn't heard him so said "I'll give you my email then you can mail me".... and meanwhilst I was thinking HOW can I not give him my personal info whilst giving him my personal info...so I thought I'll just give him a part of my email  :lol:  and I did  :lol:  so if faith is on his side he'll find me...when not he won't... and I hope he won't... cause I think he won't stop till he has enough if you know what I mean? ... afterwards when I went to school I was thinking how people can be that way! I mean do you need to look for so much after kindness? Sometimes people really just want to be friendly help you out and yeah I would have considered giving him my email if he wouldn't have continued on 'my boyfriend'topic... cause he really seemed like a nice guy despite that! Really nice guy... but well ... I didn't want to put myself in problems  ;)  
So I did do my good job for the day I helped him out and had a funny situation with it...I hope I haven't hurt him with that too much though but well...

I hope you're feeling a little better by now... you'll cope  ;) I believe in you! And when you want to talk about it I'm here you know that *hugs*

Kisses!

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 21:13:35 »
I'm a little better now...been working on a drawing in Photoshop. Somehow I think the lack of creativity in this semester is slowly tearing at me too...it helped sitting and do nothing but draw for sure :)
Oh you still got warm weather? the warm is definitely not the problem up here anymore :P Not that it's extremely cold, but around 10c and windy...somehow I like it, I like the thought of winter coming, with christmas and all even though I love the warm weather as well...hmm I guess every time of a year has it's own charm right? ;)

Hihi that's really typically boys, or most boys at least :P They always let their hormones run right over any manners they might have hehe...nah well..some guys are like that, some all the time while others manage to control it. At least you aren't the type that just falls for that, and I know when you've had a boyfriend for about 7 years (me and my boy have been together for 7,5 years in dec :P) then you're not really looking around for someone to come and give you any potential problems, then it's friendship only :) But I've got a friend that almost always, if not always, falls for that kind of remarks...  :?  like the half the email trick though, I might just use that next time ;)

Thanks sweety! *HUUGS* :)
- Kat

Zwielichtsgestalt Offline

• First Forenkenner
Trips
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 21:18:05 »
Well pictures, thx :)
... only dark angel are able to fly ...

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 07:15:55 »
Quote from: "Einsamkeit"
I'm a little better now...been working on a drawing in Photoshop. Somehow I think the lack of creativity in this semester is slowly tearing at me too...it helped sitting and do nothing but draw for sure :)
Oh you still got warm weather? the warm is definitely not the problem up here anymore :P Not that it's extremely cold, but around 10c and windy...somehow I like it, I like the thought of winter coming, with christmas and all even though I love the warm weather as well...hmm I guess every time of a year has it's own charm right? ;)

Hihi that's really typically boys, or most boys at least :P They always let their hormones run right over any manners they might have hehe...nah well..some guys are like that, some all the time while others manage to control it. At least you aren't the type that just falls for that, and I know when you've had a boyfriend for about 7 years (me and my boy have been together for 7,5 years in dec :P) then you're not really looking around for someone to come and give you any potential problems, then it's friendship only :) But I've got a friend that almost always, if not always, falls for that kind of remarks...  :?  like the half the email trick though, I might just use that next time ;)

Thanks sweety! *HUUGS* :)

I told it to my friends  :lol:  and they were like "naughty! didn't know you could be that sly"  :lol:  well what would I say... still waters run deep?  ;)  no I've encountered this problem before as well... mostly I just hate it cause they throw around compliments and you know what a hard deal it is to believe compliments and all right so... that's horrible... I had fun with the guy though...cause it was funny how hard he was doing his best to gain me for him despite the fact I told him I was together with my boyfriend for 7 years ... really was trying his best...at one point hahaha that was funny a woman past by and I had to move a bit and accidentally his hand touched my hip and he went like "ow I just touched your hip right!" ... and I looked at him and said "waauw big deal"  :lol:  I had to keep my laughter so hard!! yeah those guys not my type at all ... I'm the hunter, I'm the one who chased my boyfriend not the other way around ... so I don't like it when guys take the lead in first place  :P  ... that's the manly side in me I suppose  :lol:  8)  
And your friend falls for that????? I can't believe it how can you fall into something like that????? I mean someone who wants to jump into bed after the first two minutes he talked to you... nè never believed in that...

About the weather...it's not that hot no ... well around 20 during the day. it's like autumn really over here... a bit rain, grey sky but still soft temperatures... but I'm looking forward to winter VERY VERY VERY much... christmas, newyear yeah I love it  :)  the nicest is buying presents for everyone  :D  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I love that!!!!!  :D  

Anyway should go and get ready now ... within half an hour I have my bus  ;)

Good luck at school if you have any today!

BIg hug!!!

Einsamkeit Offline 00

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 18:28:59 »
Quote from: "Longwaytogo"

I told it to my friends  :lol:  and they were like "naughty! didn't know you could be that sly"  :lol:  well what would I say... still waters run deep?  ;)  no I've encountered this problem before as well... mostly I just hate it cause they throw around compliments and you know what a hard deal it is to believe compliments and all right so... that's horrible... I had fun with the guy though...cause it was funny how hard he was doing his best to gain me for him despite the fact I told him I was together with my boyfriend for 7 years ... really was trying his best...at one point hahaha that was funny a woman past by and I had to move a bit and accidentally his hand touched my hip and he went like "ow I just touched your hip right!" ... and I looked at him and said "waauw big deal"  :lol:  I had to keep my laughter so hard!! yeah those guys not my type at all ... I'm the hunter, I'm the one who chased my boyfriend not the other way around ... so I don't like it when guys take the lead in first place  :P  ... that's the manly side in me I suppose  :lol:  8)  
And your friend falls for that????? I can't believe it how can you fall into something like that????? I mean someone who wants to jump into bed after the first two minutes he talked to you... nè never believed in that...

About the weather...it's not that hot no ... well around 20 during the day. it's like autumn really over here... a bit rain, grey sky but still soft temperatures... but I'm looking forward to winter VERY VERY VERY much... christmas, newyear yeah I love it  :)  the nicest is buying presents for everyone  :D  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I love that!!!!!  :D  

Anyway should go and get ready now ... within half an hour I have my bus  ;)

Good luck at school if you have any today!

BIg hug!!!

I thought it was genius :P I'm a little like you on the compliments side...usually I don't  believe them unless they come from someone i know I can trust, and unfortunately random boys have a long way getting in that category with me :P But it's good that at least you had a good time, and have another funny story to tell and all...that's not always the outcome, so when it is it's great :D
yeah I don't know why she can fall for something like that either...but she does...her and I are very different on the whol boy issue to say it in a nice way ;) I never really understood how people can fall for cheasy remarks and all that and that they actually seriously fall for it..it's beyond me i suppose :P

I had school today and had the most boring day with a stupid busride to follow it on my way home :x
All day my teacher had been talking about something completely different from what he was supposed to talk about, and nobody really cared stopping him, not even the other teacher we had at the same time...it was possibly the most boring and useless day in school i've ever had :?
Anyway, then in the bus on my way home, I took the bus with a friend from my class, who had a big bag with her cause she was going away this weekend, and so the bus was completely filled of course and we had to stand right in front of the doors in the middle of the bus, not to be too much in the way with the bag. Anyhow, one stop before we had to get off, we stopped in front of a shopping center, where most of the people wanted to get off...i'd planned to go over to one side, not to be in the way, but before i managed to do anything people just started pushing from the side i wanted to go to, so I walked to the other side, even though i knew there were people on that side there were supposed to go off there as well...but you know..and so when all the people from the first side had gone off, i hurried to that side so the others could go off, and then this guys says "yeah you're not really standing in the best place, are you!" as he went out of the bus :x  and I was like, well but where on earth should i have been standing then?...argh...sooo annoying!

But now I've got no more school this week and I'm sooo happy for that, cause after today I'll need to recover to be around loads of people again :P

ah that's all right temperature...the 10c, rain and wind is also typically autumn here...I kinda like it, together with the colours the trees get...it's so cosy :P
But yeah winter, I'm ready! so hoping i can go to Norway again this new year and have snow and all! :D and definitely, byuing presents for people are the best thing about christmas together with the general cosyness that comes with christmas :P

Hope you had a much better day than me ;)
Huug!
- Kat

Snowy Offline

• Forenfreak
Trips
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 18:40:05 »
Thank you Kitty for this nice report!:) I saw it for the first time today :\.  Reading it really cheered me up!:D the memories... Strong things in life, though i can't live without those...