Author Topic: Trips  (Read 45879 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« on: September 27, 2009, 14:27:16 »
Like in Vienna I had a more than wonderful time in Gent and Köln and would like to share my joy with all of you ... if you agree of course  ;)

To start I came home from Vienna and before I knew we were Monday the 14th of September on the train to Gent with a heart that felt like it would explode one because if was FINALLY gonna see Tilo and Anne again (haha it was only a week inbetween  :o ) and second cause I would finally meet Joey whom I know how long is it? two years by now? through internet...
And although I had feared I wouldn't recognise him from the pictures from msn and facebook I recognised him right away and he luckily me too (anecdote... I said hi to someone yesterday at the concert of donno the band  :lol:  as I knew him, he's the boyfriend of my best friend but obviously he had NO idea who I was  :P ... so I said Hi, you're Kenny the boyfriend from Jessica right?" and he looked at me "yeah, how do you know? and I said I'm Kitty ... and he looked at me "yeah, so?"  :lol: ... so I turned around and eum stood nice and gentle where I stood before ...)  ... soooo we recognised each other and at first I know I was a bit ow what should I say? but that was over very fast... and it felt like always very natural to have each other around!
So we went to his hotel (I regrettably didn't take a picture of that area  :? ) and went to Gravensteen ... a very old castle in Gent where they kept prisoners locked up and tortured them to speak up... in there we got to see the equipment with which they fought battles in the middle ages and I was amazed how SMALL people in that time were  :?  up the stairs we came to an area where you could see over the city Gent and it was just amazing. To go back down and get to the torture equipments, it's just not-done I suppose how they treated people, yeah perhaps no innocent people, but still people! For me the worst punishment existing is still silence and depression because of annoyance... there is NO need to hurt or half kill people... but then again I never got someone killed in my family yet so perhaps my view would change if that was the case no idea.
we also saw the huge underground basement like hole where they put the prisoners and where many many of them died because they got ill due to the lack of hygiene and the coldness and moistness.

Some pictures from aroundGravensteen:

overview on city Gent:

Than we went to the hotel...and the rest you could read in my concert review

Day two 15th of September 2009.
I got to bed at half past 3 and the alarm went of at half past 6 ... took a shower... took some food with me and went for the bus at 21past 7. An hour later I was on my train to Brussels and on my way to Thalis... I felt SOOOOOOOOO lost at the trainstation but I did as my boyfriend had recomanded just follow the arrows!! And I did... and found my train! So once on the train no stress...just sad and tired and lonely ... this was a journey I took all by my own, this was a journey I had decided to take all by my own MY decision MY life! and I've never done that before... so it brought up quite some emotions just to be in that train. It took 2 hours to get in Köln with that train and what I did was write a few things down and sleep sleep sleep ... arriving in Köln was like magnificent! they have such a beautiful trainstation!!! I liked it for some reason! first I thought fuck I'm gonna pannick ... but then I just went down and everything showed itself out ... before I knew I was on my way to the hotel and got the call from Joey that he got lost somewhere near.

On the train

Day 3 16th of September 2009

We decided to visit Köln for the time we had... one of the things we just HAD to see was the Dom of course! too bad Joey hadn't got time anymore...so the first thing we had to do arriving at the trainstation again was saying goodbye to Joey ... and I looked back more than just once!
The cathedral was breathtaking ... I said to Katerine "you don't have the chance to say "now where is that cathedral" here have you" ... it was the first thing which caught your attention when leaving the airport! Breathtaking I call that!
the second thing that I noticed where the immense amount of statue players  :lol:  competition "who get's the most chances to move"... there was one dressed like a flower ... that was the most funny one I've ever seen.

next we went to the river and sat down for a few moments to enjoy the sight and relax a bit, calming down a bit cause with every step I took it was like my heart would rip further apart... katerine's boyfriend feed one pigeon after which a THOUSAND arrived  :D  and you could actually talk to them cause one of them came my direction and when I said "I don't have anything" it just went away  :lol:  funny animals...
we continued our journey and ended up in a caffee/restaurant where we ate, talked, relived our memories had fun and it was really cosy ... till all at once I felt so terrible that I went to the toilet and cried cried hard and got a message from both Karin and Klodi  :)  ... I think I spend like 20 minutes there haven't I... I know both Katerine and her boyfriend stared at me like that took quite some time  :lol:  but well ... the continuation was like before. We went on time to the trainstation as I still had to buy my ticket and it's not as easy as in Belgium by going to a locket and getting your ticket...so we chatted some more and then my train was there... and by every single centimeter it came closer I knew the threw meaning of those days I had spend in Vienna, in Gent and in Köln and I begged please please don't make me forget this ... let me hold on and locked it in my heart forever! goodbye, I know many people on the train will have been wondering cause I left Köln crying and I was still crying when I arrived Koblenz (which is 50 minutes) but I didn't care it just had to get out ...

Than came the boot trip in Burgen/ Musel

Here I was wearing three pullovers... I was freeeeeezing!

The day I was coming home... doing silly...

And back home - home sweet home

When you can dream it, you can do it!

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
Trips
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 15:19:42 »
lovely photos ^^ but too much to read at the moment. will do it later when nobody disturbs me :P
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Trips
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 16:19:01 »
Wow Kitty, I´ll need a day holidays for your post  8)

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
Trips
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 16:47:38 »
Very nice that you share your memories with us, thank you! Lovely pictures!
By the way, you have beautiful eyes! :)
*** Minister Of Smile ***

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 16:57:14 »
@Morgentau: glad to see you still read from me  ;) ... hope you're having holidays soon then   :)

@Jenny-jen: thanks  :) for both compliments.... the first is well partly to my father as well, he took the once on the boot... and I'm happy I may share this with you really  ;)

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
Trips
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 17:10:44 »
You're welcome! :)
*** Minister Of Smile ***

Jenn Offline mx

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 17:32:35 »
yeah amazing photos!! ive never been in that place, but it looks so beautiful!! someday ill go there =)..

hehe kitty you have deep blue eyes  :P
Minister of:Pancakes

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 18:50:21 »
Sheez, that looks awesome! You're very lucky to have the chance to go on that amazing trip, Kitty! I know you'll treasure those memories for the rest of your life!  ;)

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 14:19:10 »
Ooh Kitty I just read your post now and I feel so great but sad at the same time... Sort of missing + reminded me of my Basel visit which was so nice but melancholy... And about making people wonder... Well I'll try to tell the whole story later, but I cried too while walking around Basel, then calmed a bit, and then again in the train... But it really gets you better sometimes, o really hurts, rather fits with your feelings...

Happily I also noticed a funny detail which made me smile a bit : Joey and you have the same eye colour !!  :shock: Just exactly the same !!!  :shock:  :shock: Incredible...  :D  ;)   :roll:
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 14:34:43 »
mmm ... yeah thing is it takes quite a while...these emotions I encountered the last weeks went really deep ... and for some reason knock me down completely at the moment *sighs* ... and thing is the more I fight the more difficult it is of course...so I decided to write some more then *smiles*... it's just getting to normal is hard isn't it  :)  ...

And yeah Joey and me have the same eye colours noticed that too  :lol: when I saw that picture I thought "WHAT??"  :lol:  ;)

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 14:41:18 »
as i promised - i read it just now, when nobody disturbs me... it's nicely written and i remembered our fun in Vienna... and why the hell did i have to cry while reading?  :cry:  my, i miss you so much *hugs*

and believe me, this is something none of us [wien]/you [Köln] will ever forget ;)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 14:48:23 »
the very same reason why I cried when I saw you appear through webcam I suppose... remembering good times  :) who said you only need to cry when you're sad???  :lol:  ;)

yeah I fear though - cause everything I love usually disappears out of my life regrettably often because of myself  :cry: ... but I'm sure this is different... just finding a balance is the most difficult thing...once schoolwork rises again there won't be much time left to spent with and you and home AND my hobbies... but we'll find something  :) in the end you don't always need to read and see each other to feel each other and to know you're thinking about one another or?  ;) that's something you all proved me when I was in Germany... *shining eyes* ...

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 14:53:29 »
nobody said that :P but mostly i do [cry when i'm sad] :P

we don't need to see eachother to feel eachother, indeed ;) anyway, when there's too long not seeing eachother, we still have cellphones and sms ;) *hugs*

i'm gonna stop talking now and go to eat my lunch  :lol:

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 14:55:40 »
indeed  :)  ... I mean about the cellphones and webcams ...

And lunch???? that's more like eum  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: what about dinner??

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 14:57:33 »
lunch :P i still didn't eat mine since i came from school  :lol: