Author Topic: Trips  (Read 45815 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 20:26:38 »
right... time to give a little description of my travel on thursday and friday...

It all started on the bus, unfortunately I don't have pics of that since I slept almost the entire way to Bonn...
Once in Bonn the first thing we did was visit the Museum of which I don't remember the name, and not much of its content either cause it was not the kind of museum I'd eum do at two hours  :roll: ... way too big, way too much information and way too precious to just rush through... it was about the German history after world war II thus from 1945 onwards. It was very interesting and saw many things which I already new from history last year but which now got an impression, got a view, an image connected to it... but as I said two hours for such an amount of information is just waaaaay too short...but interesting.

After we lunched in the afternoon we went on to Haribo-shop in Bonn, where I was surprised and I thought "GET ME OUT OF HERE I'M GONNA BUY THE ENTIRE SHOP" but I got myself together and looked for the sugary bears ... after which I decided I'll buy something for me and my mom, something for my dad and something for on the bus  :lol:  AND I managed  8) ... didn't buy more than needed... and then we were FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE... we visited the city of Bonn, the Altstadt that is where you also find christmas how they call it in English in German it's Weihnachstmarkt... and we wandered around a bit looking for Beethovens Geburtshaus (so his house of birth, where he grew up) but unfortunately came too late  :( and only managed to take some pictures from the garden of the house. after that we went for some drink and returned to the bus to leave for Köln.

In front of the City Hall in Bonn

for if you really want to get ill:

A church in Bonn, but don't ask me which one
 :lol:  ...I forgot *that's news*

in the garden of Beethoven's Geburtshaus:

we arrived Köln later than expected and almost feared that Nathalie would be there before I ever got there... BUT lucky we were, we arrived there half an hour in advance... after which Nathalie called me and I told her where she could find me... I was just chatting with some friends in the entree of the hotel when I heard the door open and tadaaaam who was there?!  :D  :D  yupyupyup I rushed over to her and was very happy to take her in my arms again... after some minutes of waiting and waiting for a couple who stayed in and nobody knew where they were we were able to go to "Früh am Dom" where everybody ate (except me for I had a terrible headache which prevented me of getting hungry) and we took some lovely pictures had some lovely chats  :)  and got loads of interest from my teachers  :roll:  (and fellow students who even asked me the day after, was that a friend of yours kitty? no it was an alien who coincidentally dropped near me and I started talking to  :shock:  what a question  :lol:  OF COURSE IT'S A FRIEND OF MINE!) after we dined we went of for a Glühwein but it was rather difficult to find one as ... tudum Weihnachstmarkt closes at 9  :lol:  :lol:  my god, that's when nightlife starts  :shock:  ... BUT we found one  :D  and I survived it ... my first Kölner Glühwein ^^  :D  together with a good friend... imagine my happiness  ;)  we walked around a bit and went back to the hotel I was very sad when I had to say goodbye and somehow I didn't want to let go of Nathalie  :o  but I had to ... with the small  hope that maybe we found some time to meet up again on Friday but regrettably Nathalie didn't find the time ... therefore we took some pictures  ;)  so you can enjoy it a little bit Nathalie as if you were there  :D  

with a smile saying "I don't even drink beer how on earth will they ever believe me now uh"  :lol:

our Glühwein "Auf Tilo"!

This one I took for Klodi: we visited the Chocolat Museum in Köln  :lol:

chocolate river:

For those who want to see more pictures... I refer to my facebook  ;)

Big Hug!!
Kitty
When you can dream it, you can do it!

A Elena Offline ro

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Ich warte auf dich ...
Trips
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 21:20:04 »
Great trip, fantastic photos! Thank you for sharing... and glad to see you back!
Kisses
Noch immer brennt in mir dein Licht

on_my_own_sky Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2009, 22:03:34 »
have just seen all this at FB  :D  but can't help to watch it one more time  :lol:
cool pics, nice places, cute girlies!!  :D
~Minister of Optimism~

Fearless_soul Offline ua

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2009, 22:37:11 »
Woow , amazing pictures ! I see you've enjoyed your trip a lot , Kitty   :D Thanks for sharing !
Minister of Languages and Communication

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
Trips
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2009, 23:04:25 »
chocolate *drowns in it* *can't hold on and runs to take some*

will read it later, don't have much time now  ;)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
Trips
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2009, 23:38:11 »
Magnificent!!! Nice story and pictures ))) (gimme that river......) sooooo nice illumination everywhere and those little markets...Cosy streets...Lovely even that it is Winter's beginning! I would like to visit Austria and Germany to see the birthplaces of Mozart and Beethoven too ))) I hope next year i won't have to fly anywhere urgently and would spend my precious holidays where i want to! This year I have had 6 flights...I want to fly for myself ))) Something interferes my plans 3rd  year over...

Girls you are super! I imagine how nice time you had )))

*i admire Haribos...Auhhhhhhhhh, i have to wait till the morning now, to go and buy them...*))))
Greetings from St.Pete

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29:39 »
:D yeah was a great time overthere! And I really loved it that I saw Nathalie again, it felt really like coming home after a long journey ... even my friend said, "and this was the second time you saw her?"  :lol: she couldn't believe it that you built such a friendship over the internet, but I always claim if you stay yourself even if there's a computer inbetween you can't get betrayed can you  ;) ...

I even managed to talk some german with Nathalie this time  :lol: cause my friends kept nagging, why do you speak English with her? she can speak german, you're in Germany you can speak German? What's the English about  :lol:  :lol: ... but that's just a habit I suppose  :lol: ...

@Grazia: Mozarthaus is really nice, I did that with Klodi in Austria in september and I really loved it, one advice do take the what's it called like the electronical guide (like a speaker who tells you about Mozart's life and carrier) I really regret it that we haven't seen Beethoven's house, had we arrived there 5 minutes earlier we would have still be allowed to enter ... but well we were there 5 minutes too late   :cry:  so I'll have to go back  :lol:  :lol:  ... in Köln I saw they have a museum about Beethoven as well :-) I'd like to visit that as well someday... the Beethoven house was in Bonn in the pumpum Gasse... a sidestreet of the Sternstrasse  :D  I'll never forget that now  :P  

Anyway happy you enjoyed the pictures  :D ... the Chocolate museum was a bit boring I must say... I enjoyed the part where you could see the making of several chocolates... we even saw how they wrap the St.Nicholas you know the typical one that's wrapped in a paper completely... was nice... but the entire how is chocolate made didn't really interest me but hell  :lol:  I did like the tropical thingie I've got pictures of that on my facebook... inbetween you could enter a special room where there were like mango trees, and also the trees where those cacao beans grow on... and it's very funny cause it wasn't really rain, but like a constant very dustfull smog that was created in that room, I was completely wet when I got out of that room  :lol:  I liked it... got some pictures there but didn't dare to make any more just because well didn't want my dad's camera to be destroyed  :lol: ...

I also got this clip from street musicians who caught my attention, I was stunned donno why, but really stunned cause of the sound they produces with three men with only there hands  :)  look for yourself:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z9ZMLLZ2

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2009, 17:51:53 »
Dear Kitty, got to go now, but I saw the pix even if no time to read, and THANKS for sharing already... :) Seems to have been a happy moment ^^ and me happy to know that... *hugs* More later !! ;)
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Jenn Offline mx

• Forenhase
Trips
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2009, 18:30:34 »
wow kitty thanks for sharing your pictures about your trip, seems you had lots of fun!!

i also like the pic of the street with the little markets and all the xmas stuff  :D

nice  :)
Minister of:Pancakes

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2009, 00:44:14 »
Read it :) And I can sense a lot of enjoying there, isn't there ? ;) and Nathalie you got such a smile !! :) (and also green beautiful eyes...  :o  :D ) you should put more pix of you when you have time, please ! :) I wouldn't have recognised you in the street if we had passed each other  :oops: but you seem so Lacrilight-ful ! :) and Kitty you know how I love your smile as well ^^ and nice tale ^^ Xmasmarket we call it in France, looks so cosy and warm, I loke it veeery much too ^^ Btw we got one near my house, I'll put pix soon ;) THANKS for that report Kitty !  *hug* ^^ It feels almost as if I was there with you :D
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2009, 08:56:19 »
Quote from: "MelissaFrance"
Read it :) And I can sense a lot of enjoying there, isn't there ? ;) and Nathalie you got such a smile !! :) (and also green beautiful eyes...  :o  :D ) you should put more pix of you when you have time, please ! :) I wouldn't have recognised you in the street if we had passed each other  :oops: but you seem so Lacrilight-ful ! :) and Kitty you know how I love your smile as well ^^ and nice tale ^^ Xmasmarket we call it in France, looks so cosy and warm, I loke it veeery much too ^^ Btw we got one near my house, I'll put pix soon ;) THANKS for that report Kitty !  *hug* ^^ It feels almost as if I was there with you :D

:D you saw those lights in Nathalies eyes???? It's SOOOOO amazing  :D she really shines  :) ... but she's just a beautiful lady isn't she  ;)

And I'm happy you liked it, it was a lot of fun indeed... but always when I'm able to travel, I enjoy being abroad (that has been else but nowadays I really know how to appreciate it) and we'll have Christmasmarket in Hamme the week of Christmas but that's mostly not so much of a big deal  :roll:  people here regrettably don't know how to celebrate Christmas THEY ALWAYS FORGET THE LIGHTS!!!!!!  :lol:

Waiting for your pictures  :D  I love christmaspictures  :D

Kisses!

Trips
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 09:39:23 »
:lol:  :lol: @ Melissa...........hahahaha, good expression *Lacrilight-ful*... :D thanks a lot dear! That is what a really call a compliment!

@ Kitty, i did not know anything about your headache!! :shock: I didn t even notice it!

Anyway, it was very, very, very nice to meet my small sis  once again, not the second but the THIRD :!: time, sweety! (Köln- Bonn-Köln..) ;)  8)
And I also enjoyed it a lot to go out with so many people from Belgium, felt so familiar!

Next time: BELGIUM, Kitty....!!!!
Many many hugs and thanx for the evening!  :D  :D  :D

Trips
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009, 09:56:58 »
Quote from: "Longwaytogo"

A church in Bonn, but don't ask me which one
 :lol:  ...I forgot *that's news*

Kitty, was it the Münsterkirche on the Münsterplatz in Bonn???

here a link...
http://www.bonn.de/imperia/md/images/rat-verwalt-buergerdienste/pressefotos/stadtansichten/muensterkirche.jpeg

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2009, 10:36:34 »
:D ja genau! der war es!  :lol: ... thanks Nathalie!  :D  :D Wunderschöne Kirche!

Fearless_soul Offline ua

• Forenlichtgestalt
Trips
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 17:43:45 »
I decided to revive this old topic in order not to creat a special new one  ;) I want to share my impressions and pictures from my trip to the Ukrainian Carpathians, the mountains in the Western Ukraine  :D I was there for the fourth time, but it's never too much , and there's always something new and insteresting to see there !

All pictures are at my facebook profile : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=205745&id=796917507&l=e1fda692f1

I spent there almost 2 weeks and went on two excursions - to the mountain lake Synevyr in Zakarpattia (the biggest lake in the Carpathian Mountains of Ukraine). There are two different legends about it : first legend states that the lake has appeared out of the tears of one of count's daughters Syn', because her love, the Verkhovynian cowboy Vyr, was killed by the order of the count, her father. Another legend says that there were a father and his son, and that son wanted to take money from the father, that's why he killed him, but his father's last words were " Syne, vir !" (which means " Son, believe !").

The scientists estimated that the lake was created in the result of a powerful techtonic shift that was caused by an earthquake. The forrest around the lake is believed to be 140-160 years old. There is a very small island in the middle of the lake with an area of a few meters which is called the Sea Eye (Morske Oko). The island has been flooded for sometime.

On the way to Synevyr, the river in Zakarpattia.

The cable-way to the mountain Makovytsia.

On the way to the lake Synevyr.

Me at the lake Synevyr

The Synevyr Lake

The monument to Syn' and Vyr, two lovers from the legend.

Not an excursion, just a small pool in the park

Japanese fish "koi"

Me in the park

The fountain in the park

The Carpathian red deer

Also I went on an excursion to the rocks of Oleksa Dovbush in Ivano-Frankivs'k region .The Rocks of Dovbush is the group of natural and man-made structures carved out of rock at around 980m ASL.The name of the formations comes from a leader of opryshky movement, Oleksa Dovbush (1700-1745).
The rocks are a part of the Polyanytskiy Regional Landscape Park.
Archeological finds point to an existence of a pagan observatory in the rocks around 10-17th centuries BC. In the 10th century the complex became an important fortress and a forpost of Yaroslav Osmomysl in his conflict with the Grand Prince of Kyiv.

The Rocks of Dovbush

The Sukil' river

The rocks of Dovbush

The head of Oleksa Dovbush (small one at the background)
Minister of Languages and Communication