Author Topic: Movie recommendations  (Read 6127 times)

Selina Offline gr

• Newbee
Antw:Movie recommendations
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 15:53:07 »
sorry for the double post but since i cannot put a photo i will just say the anime name and the description:

anime name: MONSTER

plot: Dr. kenzo temna is a young japanese doctor whos working at  Eisler Memorial Hospital in Düsseldorf in 1986 he is very talented and kind person, he got the favor of the hospitals director and is engaged with his daughter. The director takes always advantage of tenmas kidness and talent and forces him to operate only people who have high social status. This tactic makes tenma had enough at some point so he "rebels" against the director when a massacre brings at hospital the identical twins johan and anna libert (the boy is shot in the head and the girl is physical unharmed but she is in shock and cannot interact with the people around her) and after a while the mayor of the town is hospitalized too. the director of course wants Tenma to save the mayors life but tenma operates johan and the mayor died. This action ruins tenmas current life: his fiancee ended their relationship and he loses the directors favor also the directors friends and tenmas colleague turn their backs on him. After this the director and his clique die mysteriously and the twins are no where to be found and the police couldnt find the murderer...9 years later a person related with that case appears in tenmas life and turns his world upside down.

this anime have 75 episodes (each lasts 25 mins so dont freak out) and is all setted in Germany the towns and some locations showed there are real. Its a slow paced but the plot is presented in a way that makes you say: i want to see what happens next now!

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 16:28:34 »

Ah, I've seen this one! Or better be said glimpsed because my mother was watching it and I just saw some parts of it  ;) Quite interesting one, I liked it! Thanks for bringing it here! ;)
And yes, my mother watches anime (and reads manga). ;D Or used to watch anime, now she switched to another type of entertainment...  ::) :P ;D
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Selina Offline gr

• Newbee
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 16:34:45 »
your welcome! its a great anime i suggest you to see it  ;)

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 17:25:24 »
Selina,  ;)

Oh well, and so here it is - I want to recommend a movie... Thanks to Lue Sha posting the trailer on her FB, I've learned about this wonderful movie about a wonderful wise person, it's a captivating tale!

The movie is Alice - The Lady in Number 6 and this is a beautifully done documentary about a beautiful soul! She is 109 years old, a pianist and Holocaust survivor that is radiating so much love and appreciation of life's beauty I really-really recommend you watching the movie!
Here goes the trailer that will explain much better than I with my emotional gibberish ;)
Alice Herz Sommer - The Lady In Number 6: Music Saved My Life - Official Trailer

Oh, forgot to add a link to the official movie website with more vids - http://nickreedent.com/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 17:29:13 by WalkAbout »
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

Tyckondrus Offline ru

• Forenguru
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:29 »

If someone still have not seen this great movie - immediately run to the cinema. Atmosphere of 18th century Japan and great battle scenes - it's only half. Dramatic and touching story about honor, loyalty and philosophy of the samurai told in this film (based on real event), able to really touch and impress. A long time such a fantastic movie did not impress me so much. List of my favorite movies added another point.
Minister of Lacrimosa's Musical Archive

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 12:24:40 »

"Hard to Be a God"
is a Russian science fiction film directed by Aleksei German. Based on the novel Hard to Be a God by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky.

Work behind the lens started in the 1990s and continued for more than 15 years.

In February 2013, German senior passed away. The director’s friends and family continued work on the film. At the time, according to his son, German junior, besides a few technical details (dubbing) the movie was already “practically done.”
The movie was presented to a mass audience in a final dubbed version in Rome.
German was posthumously awarded the Rome Film Festival’s award — a Golden Capitolina She-Wolf — for his “contribution to cinema.”

"The biggest honor for me will be the award for Alexei Yurevich German’s contribution to cinema. It’s sent with the bitterness of loss, the death of German. He helped us understand what modern cinema is.
We all understood what cinema is through a chronological lens. Through German’s work, we understood what our work’s courage, bravery, and redefinition are each time," says the festival’s artistic director, Mark Mueller.

Plot

On another planet, which goes through its Middle Ages, a group of historians from Earth live pretending to be average people. The main character, known as Don Rumata, is disgusted by cruelties he observes on everyday basis but is prohibited by his superiors from interfering and thus changing the natural course of history of the planet. The only thing the historians have a right to do is to protect and help few individuals who seem to be different from everybody else and can benefit the entire planet through their knowledge and ideas. Rumata has to find one of these people, Budakh, and rescue him from the hands of Don Reba, a grey cardinal ruling for a weak king and later, an insane tyrant.

Umberto Eco
writes in his essay: “Perhaps being God is hard, but it’s also hard to be a viewer that approaches this gigantic work. After seeing German’s films, you can rest assured that Tarantino’s films are only a Walt Disney production.”

“I'm no crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” Cheshire Cat

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
  • DAS HERZ IST MIR MEIN KOMPASS...
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 02:30:35 »
I recommend "The Crow" ^^
It's a wonderful and beautiful story about vengeance and love.
I am sure you'll love it ^^

Lacrimaniacos Brazilian Fanclub Coordinator - http://lacrimaniacos.webs.com

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 20:54:39 »
If you want a melancholic animation film by Hayao Miyazaki, you might want to try this one... I'd say it's a decent one, and it's said to be the last one in his career... It's about a Japanese plane engineer.

"The Wind Rises"

Just don't try it if you want something very cheerful...

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 21:26:23 »
I would like to recommend this one.

Not a new one. Not the one you will watch again and again. And, maybe, many of you have seen it. Yet still...
I must confess that it made me cry. Yet still, it's rather pleasant and not gloomy.
It shows us the difference between pity and compassion. And speculates about - simply states what a man in grave, almost hopeless, situation really need.
... nothing ever comes of nothing - we pay a price for all our choices made © Sean Brennan

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 00:36:17 »
I would like to recommend this one.

Not a new one. Not the one you will watch again and again. And, maybe, many of you have seen it. Yet still...
I must confess that it made me cry. Yet still, it's rather pleasant and not gloomy.
It shows us the difference between pity and compassion. And speculates about - simply states what a man in grave, almost hopeless, situation really need.

That's a wonderful movie Sunny *--*

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 00:40:29 »
I recommend this movie ^^

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 00:42:16 by Yasmin Nurmi »

NuWoLa Offline mx

• Forenfreak
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 15:24:55 »
Hello! I want to leave this over here, actually, I can't explain why but this is one of my favorite movies... If you have a chace, take a look.

Ich warte auf dich! 

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 23:21:43 »
I recommend this movie ^^
It's wonerful ^^