Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 13974 times)

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 15:53:37 »
Thank you very much for reviving that topic Kitty !!! I loved that intro really... Why don't they put it back ??  :roll: Or another one...  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 15:56:20 »
Quote from: "MelissaFrance"
Thank you very much for reviving that topic Kitty !!! I loved that intro really... Why don't they put it back ??  :roll: Or another one...  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:

donno? perhaps it scared too many people  :lol: can imagine... it was from before I arrived I don't remember seeing it when opening the website anyway  :? ... but when your volume is high and you forget about the intro... I've jumped more then once opening a site you know  :lol:  :lol: than I scream "hell you!!!"  :lol:
When you can dream it, you can do it!

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2009, 17:14:28 »
that's very true, especially about music band' s sites... Yeah maybe that was the reason..But it was cool, as if we Lacrinet people had a special clip all for ourselves, hehe...
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2011, 23:29:19 »
today by coincidence...I heard the song When you say nothing at all from Ronan Keating ... and ..... childhood memories nostalgia...I think I was 10 when I fell in love over both my ears with a boy at a halloween party (I have the advantage of having an older sister ;)) at first sight ... the glance in his eyes I think it was that made me melt ... shy as I was(am) I left the party without saying a word to him, thinking I'd never see him again...when I bumped into him one street away from me a day later(no it's not my present boy ;)) I was struck by a lightening  :lol: though up till today we haven't said a word and yet we've had entire conversations ... even still today I feel this magic in the air when he passes by and our eyes cross, though I no longer want anything from him...I always think of him when I hear this song and remember the unhealthy state of being in love  :lol: how feelings change...now I know he's the most irritable girl-player that walks the planet who breaks hearts like others have their breakfast, who uses drugs and likes to play tricks on people (yeah, Hamme is a small town, I got to know all about him without really knowing him ;)...even his name)  ... yet I still see why I fell for him...like always when I fall for someone... the eyes ...

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2011, 04:09:04 »
A very sweet story, Kitty! Thanks for sharing it.
It could fit perfectly into a short film with that particular use of light and tempo that european films have got.

Nostalgia
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:48 »
Nostalgia: that awkward moment you find old class photos from your vocal class and you look like a zombie singing a requiem.

Liv Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2011, 07:28:35 »
Quote from: "Kitty"
today by coincidence...I heard the song When you say nothing at all from Ronan Keating ... and ..... childhood memories nostalgia...I think I was 10 when I fell in love over both my ears with a boy at a halloween party (I have the advantage of having an older sister ;)) at first sight ... the glance in his eyes I think it was that made me melt ... shy as I was(am) I left the party without saying a word to him, thinking I'd never see him again...when I bumped into him one street away from me a day later(no it's not my present boy ;)) I was struck by a lightening  :lol: though up till today we haven't said a word and yet we've had entire conversations ... even still today I feel this magic in the air when he passes by and our eyes cross, though I no longer want anything from him...I always think of him when I hear this song and remember the unhealthy state of being in love :lol: how feelings change...now I know he's the most irritable girl-player that walks the planet who breaks hearts like others have their breakfast, who uses drugs and likes to play tricks on people (yeah, Hamme is a small town, I got to know all about him without really knowing him ;)...even his name)  ... yet I still see why I fell for him...like always when I fall for someone... the eyes ...

:lol:  :lol:  aaaggh! IT IS unhealthy!!  :lol: D:
Ah, your story made me sigh, thanks for sharing ^^
We're so full of knowledge yet so empty of understanding

Nostalgia
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2011, 08:50:45 »
Quote from: "Liv'"
Quote from: "Kitty"
today by coincidence...I heard the song When you say nothing at all from Ronan Keating ... and ..... childhood memories nostalgia...I think I was 10 when I fell in love over both my ears with a boy at a halloween party (I have the advantage of having an older sister ;)) at first sight ... the glance in his eyes I think it was that made me melt ... shy as I was(am) I left the party without saying a word to him, thinking I'd never see him again...when I bumped into him one street away from me a day later(no it's not my present boy ;)) I was struck by a lightening  :lol: though up till today we haven't said a word and yet we've had entire conversations ... even still today I feel this magic in the air when he passes by and our eyes cross, though I no longer want anything from him...I always think of him when I hear this song and remember the unhealthy state of being in love :lol: how feelings change...now I know he's the most irritable girl-player that walks the planet who breaks hearts like others have their breakfast, who uses drugs and likes to play tricks on people (yeah, Hamme is a small town, I got to know all about him without really knowing him ;)...even his name)  ... yet I still see why I fell for him...like always when I fall for someone... the eyes ...

Ok just read this and WOW I can definitely relate!! I totally have had those moments were this a mystical spark but never a spoken word. Then you happen to see them in very random times like a coffee shop etc. yet you don't live so close nor in a small town. Ahh definitely takes me back to high school. XDD

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2011, 08:59:31 »
Arlishan :) thanks for reading it ^^

Quote from: "Liv'"

:) yes hihihi ... unhealthy but beautiful to see the world through pink glasses for a while :)
you're welcome :)

Anesthesia  :lol: yes, high school ... the time to fall in love it seems  :lol: ... and yes, I also have those classphotos (not from vocal class but general) ... I remember we have one classphoto from the last year in secondary school where we all decided to wear pyjamas  :lol: only the director stands next to us in his neat costume  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: hilarious picture.

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2011, 18:52:27 »
Speaking of highschool! I left it four years ago and it seems that I haven't done anything at all since then! Now my sister is about to leave it to enter university and it makes me feel old.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:Nostalgia
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2012, 19:19:53 »
Arlishan I missed that one for some reason :) ... yes...I know that feeling...of getting old hahaha xD. Whenever I see my sis's oldest child I think "where is the time that I was her age" because I was about 12 when she got born. It was a hard time, but still somehow I had such different problems at that time and always knew that the next day would bring comfort, but lately... I know that the next day just brings along other/new problems  ??? And I also have the feeling that after secondary school I haven't done anything... I studied but I feel myself like waiting for something hahaha... though I changed that now I went for the more active side of life since I was in Innsbruck  ;D

Just had a nostalgia moment when I was watching youtube videos, hence why I brough back this topic :) wanted to share with the people I met up to now from this forum, which are quite many ... that I'm thankful I got to know them, that I'm sorry when I work a bit out-of-the-world lately (it'll settle sooner or later  :-[) but that I love every single of them as my own brothers and sisters... :) The concerts we shared I went through them this evening :) Wien, Köln, Gent were the ones where I met people and the Berlin party and then through some pictures from visits of my friends ... it makes me realise what a lucky person I am and so I wanna thank you for those memories I have and this feeling of nostalgia right now :) it's not a yearning that makes me sad, but one that makes me smile ;) *group hug*

And I also have another nostalgia related to the upcoming week Also because I heard someone say on Monday, how much her granny could nagg and how she dislikes it to visit her etc... I wish I could visit my granny from time to time, I can as a matter of fact but only at the graveyard. Not the cosy evenings I spend with her, and the smell of wood that burns in the heather and love that flooded my heart whenever she smiled at me without saying a word... :) again...it's memories that make me smile.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:Nostalgia
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 23:04:03 »
Funny because at this point ... I know that I should never ever say "never ever" again ;) ... I went to antwerp today to hand in my papers for closure of my Erasmus stay ... and believe it or not but it was with a certain nostalgia...I know that I was granted something very special in life yet once more by this experience of being far away from home, depend on yourself, get to know yourself without any covered mirrors. And today it's the first tiime I truly miss being there, just not the Italians I spend my stay there with ... but my dear friends overthere, the peace i could find there in the mountains and the river... the carelessness with which I could get up in the morning and how none was there to comment how much or how little I did. The fact I was my own boss. Though when he asked me if I didn't regret not staying for an entire year I fluently said "not at all" so I know I made the right decision... moreover because without, I had probably not found the great people I'm doing music with since my return to Belgium... but I also don't regret of having done so because without that ... I'd probably never have contacted those people neither seeing my lack of confidence. I have nostalgia most of all to this pure state of analysing yourself in full peace, with nobody to interfere on your decisions... this self-reflection I had overthere is impossible overhere... somehow... without it, I'd never have felt the love I feel around now because when you have to miss her...that's when you realise how lucky you are when you do have her and I really learned to treasure love more since my lack of it overthere... never felt so alone in my life.