Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 13954 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« on: April 11, 2009, 16:36:30 »
:lol: I have looked up some songs that I've heard very often as little girl ...as I spend a lot of time at my grandma's it were often like those naja 'tolle songs'... I wanted to share my nostalgia with you one more time (I know last time it didn't work out maybe now...) Imagine a sunny day at which you can just relax, sing and dance, at which you want to feel joy and share joy...and remember (or get to know)

'Verdammt ich lieb' dich-ich lieb' dich nicht, Verdammt ich brauch' dich - ich brauch' dich nicht'  :lol:  Man have I danced at this song  :lol:   ... at the time it was released I was about 2 years  :lol: imagine! ;) (Matthias Reim)

And another one: "Hast du ein wenig Zeit für mich, dann singe ich ein Lied für dich, von 99 Luftballons auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont, denkst du vielleicht g'rade an mich, dann singe ich ein Lied für dich von 99 Luftballons und das sowas von sowas kommt..." (Nina Hagen)

And another one (I was 9 back then): "This is how I fee I'm cold and I'm 'shamed lying naked on the floor"(Natalie Imbruglia)

Another one: "We walked the street to the beat
Hand in hand you and me Smiling faces so in love Hoping that they all could see"(Anouk)

:D  gohhh how time flies!!!  :o  ...
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:56:34 »
Nina Hagen! I like her very much... As for me, I don't like too much to remember my eary years, they are quite tainted but still, I remember them more because of the smells than the sounds (strange, because by now, my sense of smell is almost nil), like grass, olives, cheese, some dinosaurs made of foam that totally stinked... :lol:

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:49:53 »
:D ow I have memories for all things, the smell of rain after a sunny day reminds me of the days I went to Holland with my family in vacations I was still young then but I liked (I still like anyways) just standing in the rain and thinking of nothing in speciall really  :D so that's a nice memory for me... and the sounds remind me of as I said sunny days on which I was dancing and singing and just enjoying my life... I try to get those memories back as the latest years of my life were crowded with negative memories, memories that tortured me and that made me real sad...but now that the sun came back to Belgium I needed just that little extra to let the positive energy flow again...and that were those (and many more) songs  :lol:  I was happy like a little child yesterday when I posted this thing... I can't believe you have but negative memories Arlishan, that would mean you're almost dead  ;) ... but I know what you mean...I think  ;)

I also have memories to certain things I do, like at this time of the year my nose itches a lot because of all the seeds etc and I scratch my nose in exactly the same way as my sis and my gran  :lol: and that makes me laugh  :) or like when I look at my pear tree (that's full of flowers by the way now, thanks to my good care  :D I'm really proud of that  :P ) then I think back of my gran as she really liked gardening as well and I'm sure she would have given me some tips and tricks when she were still alive and that makes me have that feeling of nostalgia...good old memories my gran working in the garden and me assisting her  :lol:  and wondering "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???!!! YOU PULL OUT ALL THOSE LOVELY FLOWERS!!!" "that's weeds my love" ..."SO?? IT LIVES!!" ... "yeah but it kills other plants" ..." :o OW GOOD OF YOU GRAN!!!" :lol: situations like these...

And I was somehow wondering...am I the only one who kind of gets those lovely memories back? I mean I was fearing them for a long time as I thought they would make me cry as all other memories did but in fact they make me smile and feel happy...and somehow I really really miss my gran (I know that's one of the reasons I get those memories now) and I really hate her for that...but on the other hand I'm very thankful because without her death I'm sure I would never ever have found lacrimosa  :)  another good memory! Lacrimosa always cured my heart at moments I felt terribly dead  :lol:  good memory? Yeah cause I can still feel that Resonanz from their hearts to mine the first time I saw them live...and that's just wonderful ... nostalgia  :D  ... you know there are things you will only feel once...and you should try and keep them with you just in case you get a point like I was at last year that things really get on your nerves and you really feel like "what am I still doing here?""Why was it I turned back?"

Sweet memories  :D like the one when I was waiting for Lichtjahre to arrive...God I nearly died that day  :lol:  but than I saw that DPD thing drive in our lane and I thought YEAH YEAH YEAH THAT'S FOR ME!!! I know I made a little jump and ran smiling to the door even before the man had rang the bloody thing  :lol:  and I opened with that same smile and I took my packet and almost closed the door when the man said with a big smile on his face you still need to sign here  :lol: and then I did, closed the door and yelled "I LOVE YOU!!!!" :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  (I'm listening to Lichtjahre at this very moment by the way  :D ) I had almost hugged that delivery man hahah, I was sooo happy! ... and I have the slight idea it will be no different now when Sehnsucht arrives  :lol:

Greetz
Kitty

Nostalgia
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 19:06:38 »
Hi is it coincidence kitty?
I went to a speech late yesterday about German rock&roll music together with modern history, I went there to test my german listening :lol: and they invited a weird speaker who can speak fluent chinese and translate all by himself!..sometimes he murdering german and forgot to translate, sometimes upside down :lol:  :lol:
The guy even drew a chart on his ppt to explain '99 Luftballons und Krieg'
 for you as a childhood memeory, and for me an interesting new world imprinted with time, something you never experienced but deeply empathized  :D Zeitgeist

Cheers

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 19:20:17 »
:D hahaah you're kidding me... so funny! (P.S. no coïncidence doesn't exist for me  ;) )

sweet dreams Lü Sha

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 04:12:30 »
Not at all! I mean I don't like remembering my childhood because all those good memories full of sunlight and laughter eventually lead me to the painful memories of how all of that ended. So I've turn more a present-guy, despite how rotten everything is I can remember laughter with my buddies, long walks with my beloved boy, my rat, and all those little joys that make me know I'm alive.  :)

"You pull out all those lovely flowers!" That's sooo sweet, Kitty! That brought me a smile like this: :3 And the delivery man, yeah, it reminded me of how that mailman made me sooooo happy when I went downstairs to find him with a brown box with the packing list red envelope on it...

Greets!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 08:57:34 »
:lol: I've always have had a heart for nature  :D but at the time I didn't know there exist good and bad flowers so  :lol: but it makes me smile too when I remember those situations  :lol:  I remember having a discussion with her too about names...as I don't like my name and she wondered than how would you like to be called? I said like Vicky ... or Kate, or something and she bursted out of laughter... as she was surprised about the fact I really had thought it over that well that I could answer that question ...she hadn't expected  :lol:  but she told me than that most people don't like their own name but that we should be grateful for the gift a name is  :) and in fact she's right the fact we have a name means we know love means that someone cared enough to name you :) My gran had a lovely name well she had two I don't like the previous one but I do like her second name 'Ludwina'  :)  and I always said when I have a girl she will be called Ludwina when I have a boy he will be called Wolf(well it's funny it's spelled exactly the same way in Dutch as in English) because I like that animal by the way.

And about leading to how it all ended...by me it's the opposite now I try to connect a positive memory to every bad one in order to know there's a white side on every black one  ;) like Ying and Yang... I think that's how we should store information on these little computers of ours to be able to survive...I've lived in a cocon for too long you know because of those torturing negative memories of situations that well just happened you know  :) My gran always said, you should always try to live now and not back then when again I was sad for the loss of a dear (I lost many before I lost her ... that was my luck) my gran was very donno not that she didn't care...she just could live with the fact that she lost someone once in a while...but people claim that from the moment you lost your mom you stop caring for losses that much :shock:  can't imagine that now but it seemed to be correct with my gran ...and her strength is something I kind of forgot when I lost her, I seemed to have forgotten everything she learned me when I lost her...accept "smile my dear smile and everything will be alright" and that works!!!You should try it, when you cry just smile no matter how much pain it creates to force that smile, but the sad feeling fades away...with me anyway ;)   But now by letting those memories come back I see that in fact I may be proud to have got such a gran and nanny (cause I was often with her as a little child in vacations and after school) and I should honnor the things she's learned me  :) that's why I tell those things by the way as I know you have it hard (and many in this forum know that feeling) and I think we should try to support one another in one or the other way  ;) It's our nature to stick to bad memories (that's what my psychologist claims anyway)  and that makes us most of the time unhappy where we could be perfectly happy...that's also why he asked me to get to know why I don't let positive memories to my mind ... and the thing was I was just scared as hell, cause I thought good memories will bring me longing for something I miss...and I can't get back what I miss...but I can and turn it into nostalgia  :lol: my sweet sweet memories  ;)

Greetings
Me

Lollipop Offline

• Master Forenguru
Nostalgia
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 17:31:24 »
I've traveled a lot with my parents; I had my first flight when I was only year and 3 months :P So, my first memories consist of constant heat, big insects (there were huge ants!  :shock: ), snakes and men wearing beard and holding guns, mostly AK-47.:evil:  It was Pakistan, where my father worked as interpreter. And of course I remember my fright & delight when I first see the ocean. It was so powerful, if you know what I mean. Mmm, one more recollection from that time. It seems that I had been jumping all the time at that time))

My first memories about the music that impressed me much are about rock opera "Jesus Christ - Superstar". For about 14 years I'm a big fan of it. I've got a lot of different memories, so it's a nice idea, to create a topic for them. Thanx, Longwaytogo

Minister of zombies (nabigaut horribly!) & lollipops

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 17:50:39 »
:o I KNOW THAT ONE!!!! We did that opera with the academy once  :D and I got to sing with my class at that time "Superstar" Jezus Chirst SUPPPPPEER Star  LAlalalalalalaalalaaa :lol: I remember the melody...it's somewhere in my maps somewhere!!! OW I'll have to look it up now... :D I know there was this one operasinger then and god did she impress me!!!  :D

Afterwards we got the invitation to sing beatle songs  :lol: someone of the audience was impressed by my class  :D and we were able to do the beatle songs ... and I liked that even more  :D

:oops: sorry you just brought up A LOT of memories  :lol:

That about Pakistan, I always wondered how many kids get traumatised by the images they get to see their at such young age! I can imagine youwere scared like hell  :shock: I wouldn't have liked those images of way to big insects and men with guns and all  :o

Thank you to share your memories  ;)

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:43:39 »
Slowly, those wrong memories are getting away from me but it has costed me loads of blood and tears, hours of therapy and the infinite care of my loved ones. But I'll never be able to get compleately rid of them and that is always a weigh on my back.

Huge ants, sheez, that reminded me of my chilhood panic for those! I'm still soooo sissy when it comes to insects... :P Awh, damn, I totally HATE Jesus Christ Superstar... And in this time of the year it's everywhere in the tv so you can't watch it peacefully...

Lollipop Offline

• Master Forenguru
Nostalgia
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 20:35:15 »
It would be strange if you didn't know "Jesus..." ;) I had no chance to take part in perfoming it. But it really surprises me, Arlishan, why don't you like the opera? Are you annoyed becuse you can watch it everywhere?  :lol: On our TV it would be problem for you))

Well, about Pakistan. At that time I was to young to be afraid. Small children are so brave! When I remember what was I doing when I was small...  :shock: So men with guns were quite usual, though a bit strange. But from that time I'm sure that ants are going to seize the World)) They are so clever and well organised!   :?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 08:15:19 »
an ant-world  :lol:  :lol: no you're right, Ants scare me as well, 'specially the orange ones  :shock: I once sat down in such a how they call it? a nest? and aaaaaaaauwtch that DID hurt  :lol: even for a week  :P ... I wonder what were they doing trying to transport me or what...I wasn't dead yet  :lol:

And yeah children are very very very brave...  :) that's I guess why we all survived  ;)

Lollipop Offline

• Master Forenguru
Nostalgia
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 20:25:12 »
Quote from: "Longwaytogo"

And yeah children are very very very brave...  :) that's I guess why we all survived  ;)

And that's why we have a lot of different interesting scars. :lol: I have one on my ass)) Once I've sat down on corkscrew.  :oops:  :lol: That's one of the funniest memories in my life)) It wasn't painful... but so silly! I haven't notised a corkscrew on a sofa. I'm a professional in getting in funny and ridiculous situations :lol:  But they make my life so interesting!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Nostalgia
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 07:46:51 »
:lol:  :lol: o join the club I once broke my wrest while I was just stretching my back and neck after a long computerday  :lol:  :lol: when I told the doctor he gave me these eyes  :shock: "how on earth he said" :lol:  at that moment it was rather painful now they're just well as you said the funny stories of my life
 :lol:  and my family loves to tell the story of "how falling of the stairs became her hobby"  :lol:  :lol:

Lollipop Offline

• Master Forenguru
Nostalgia
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 21:44:45 »
:lol: Yeah, but you're still very cheerful)) It's very important to find something to laugh at in different (sometimes embarrassing) situations. When I was about 13-14 y.o. I had a awful pink down-padded coat. It was not big)) It was unsuitably huge. I was just like grand pink ball... You know, winters in Belarus are cold & snowy; the roads are rather slippery. So, when I fell down on the ice, it was very difficult to get up)) It seams that I bobbed up once or twice like a real ball! :lol: In such situations I could do nothing but laugh :lol: