Author Topic: cooking/ kochen  (Read 21741 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« on: May 29, 2007, 16:54:32 »
:D Since I LOVE TO COOK I wonder if there are others here on the forum who love to and if they could share some info around cooking?

ich koche sehr gern und ich fragte mich denn auch ab ob da andere sind ins Forum die grobe fan sind von kochen und ob sie daruber ein bisschen erzahlen mochten??!!

First: What is you favourit, what are your favourit meals?
Do you spend ALWAYS a lot of time or just in the weekends, vacations,...
where do you get new recepies etc...just examples of what you might say...

Einst: was ist deiner favourit speise?
spendiert du viel zeit ins kochen immer oder am weekend oder am urlaub,...
wo bekommst du dieser speise?  Nur beispielen von wass du sagen kannst...

My favourit favouri meal is spaghetti  :lol: I would be able to eat it every signle day of the week  :oops: but I wont  :lol: secondly I love the taste of Moussaka (or how is it written) with aubergines, potatos, tomatos, minced meat AND cinnamon...I also adore a good soup which I eat every day  :D I used to bake a lot of cakes etc...I love to make TIRAMISU  :lol: I LOVE IT!!  :D

Mostly my parents cook but now I'm home and I'm going to make a good job out of it and prepare everyday a good meal I'll start with lasagne tomorrow mmmm jammie  :D

My recepies I become from books and often from the mother of my boyfriend  :D I love to expierience in the kitchen but I ALWAYS TASTE before I serve  :D  

I think that I will try to learn my kids later cook several meals cause in my eyes it's very very important that you are able to cook more then just an egg when you leave the house and the only way to learn it is by doing it...still there are SOOOO many guys and girls of my age I know who are not able to cook more then just an egg :shock: I'm 19 and I think that when you do it you learn it...and mostly people are happy when I cook so it won't be that bad then I guess  :lol:

ow and if anybody has a good recepy? let us know!!

Lovely greetz
Me!
When you can dream it, you can do it!

elen Offline

• Forenhase
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 17:13:07 »
i love EATING :)  with cooking it's slightly different, because i'm not good at it. so the only situations when i cook, are when i do it together with my friends when we meet together (and, apparently, none of us can cook), but it's a lot of fun and generally what comes out is at least edible..
so that's my experience with cooking, generally.
a thing which is good and make a lot of fun while preparing, is fondue.

the favourite meal... hard to say, actually. i don't know the favourite one, but the most frequently eaten is definitely kebab ;)

nice topic :D

~Lichtgestalt~ Offline

• Forenkenner First Class
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 18:06:04 »
hm kochen, ist nun kein so großes Interesse vonm mir...so Sachen wie ´Spaghetti in verschiedenen Variationen oder anderes leichtes bekomme ich hin, aber an Fleisch oder schwerere Gerichte traue ich mich nicht so ganz ran, da ich Angst habe das Fleisch nicht richtig zu machen und hinterher Salmonellen oder so etwas zu bekommen  :lol:

I´´m not ver< interested in cooking, but meals like Spaghetti in different kinds and othe rlight things I manage, but I don´t cooke meat, coz I´ve fear to don´t make t right..(bad english I know)

Mein Lieblinsgesen allgmein ist sowieso Spaghetti, dann passts ja XD. Ansonsten esse ich auch gerne Schnitzel mit Tomatensoße und einer ein wenig angebratenen Banane oben drauf - könnt ihr mal probieren *gg.

My favorite meal is spaghetti..otherwise I enjoy escalope with tomatoe sauce and a banana on it - you can try it  :lol:

Rezepte an sich findet man ja überall, in Büchern, im Internet, Famile oder freunde fragen, ob die welche haben....

you find recepts everywhere..in books, in the internet, or you sk your familiy or freinds if they have any...

oh man, ich sehe schon, vllt sollte ich doch mal anfangen besser kochen zu lernen  :lol:

oh, I see..I should learn better cooking XD

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 18:31:43 »
thanks for the reactions...

@elen yeah fondue is real nice although my boyfriend thinks it takes too long before you can eat and you can never really eat eat know what I mean?  :) I love fondue cause it's causy and in that way I eat less just because you have more time and hunger dissapears  :lol:

I must say I never cooked with friends  :oops: usually I cook for them or I just get pizza  :lol: but I can imagine that it gives a lot of fun  :lol: My mom should not be home at such a day hihi and what do you make then? just put some things togheter or what?  :lol: CAN IMAGINE

@Lichtgestalt
your english is good, don't worrie my dear spaghetti friend  ;)

Schnitzel is meat isn't it? it's rather how can I say it hard when you eat it? then I know it otherwise I don't  :) I loved to eat it in the past cause it's a rather old dish  :) but with a banana on top of it?? with tomato??? do you really eat that???  :shock:  I will try it I will  :D I cannot imagine that it's delicious but well I once ate the fodder of my cats as I thought it where cornflakes so  :lol: and didn't notice it until my dad asked what I was doing ...

And you have right when you say you find recepies everywhere although with those of internet you should look out cause I have sometimes that it's too salt, or to hot  :D pepper...one time my thing of the pepper got out of eachother and eum well there was a lot of pepper in then I thought O NO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?can't start over well then just let it be and none said something about it so... :lol: they all drank much that day, but all said they loved it...no worries there can go wrong much but people are often too unknown about the dish so  ;)

Pitty that you don't dare to make meat, it's so nice and once you put it in the pan you can do some other things...you should try it!!!

Lovely greetz!!!
Me

~Lichtgestalt~ Offline

cooking/ kochen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 18:51:15 »
schnitzel with tomatoe sauce and banana is really great! i know it sounds strange - but try it!

cat food? we ate rabbit food in the past...as children...we knew that it wasrabbit food but we ate it...but cat food...I´ve tweo cats and when I see the food...it don´t look nice^^

yeah my mum is cooking at the moment - spaghetti *yeah^^

elen Offline

• Forenhase
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 18:57:29 »
yeah fondue is real nice although my boyfriend thinks it takes too long before you can eat and you can never really eat eat know what I mean?

of course it takes time, that's why it's a great dish to prepare with friends - the longer it takes and the more omplicated it is and the more mess you make, the more fun you have. ;)

and shnitzel wich tomato and banana does not sound like things you could eat together - but might be worth trying..

~Lichtgestalt~ Offline

cooking/ kochen
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 18:59:54 »
Quote from: "elen"
yeah fondue is real nice although my boyfriend thinks it takes too long before you can eat and you can never really eat eat know what I mean?

of course it takes time, that's why it's a great dish to prepare with friends - the longer it takes and the more omplicated it is and the more mess you make, the more fun you have. ;)

and shnitzel wich tomato and banana does not sound like things you could eat together - but might be worth trying..

tomatoe sauce not only tomatoe^^ I can only repeat it the 100 time.. try it and then you can judge it  ;)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 09:05:54 »
alright I'll try it  :D one of the days I cook home I'll try it!!!! :D

Lovely greetz
Me

~Lichtgestalt~ Offline

cooking/ kochen
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:27:26 »
yeah and then say if you like it  :lol:

Tiloechos Offline

• Master Forenkenner
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 12:25:49 »
I love to eat, and specially to my girlfriend!!!  :lol:  :lol:

In Spain the eat is one of the best things that we have. "Paella", "Codido Madrileño" and "Tortilla de patata" are the 3 things that everyone over the world should eat at least once in the lifetime.

I animate you to search how to do them and to eat them one day. You will sure be surprise.

In the field of the ingredents you must prove "Aceite de oliva", "Aceitunas", "Jamon serrano de pata negra" and "Queso de cabra"

Jamon serrano de pata negra is quite expensive, but its the 8th maraville of the world!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:35:10 »
:shock: eum yeah and could you now say it in english?

Paella I know never ate it though I heard about it and even saw it one time when my best friend was eating it  :D

What is Tortilla de patata? it's tortilla in the way I know it some sort of bread or different? and what do you put in it then? potatos that is too easy I guess  :oops:  :shock:  :D

Greetz!
Me

elen Offline

• Forenhase
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 13:42:53 »
tortilla de patata is a kind of potato pie. it's nice, but what was absolutely fascinating for me was that when i first tried it they served it in bread, so braed with potato was a surprising combination for me.. as well as bread with chips my brother got in the same place.. but it was good :D

with paella my experience is that you can make it really perfect, but as well it can absolutely disgusting - depends you your good luck and on the cooks skills ;)

and for my taste, the cheaper jamon serrano is, the better it is. those most expensive ones are absolutely not edible, while the cheapest ones are delicious. which is actually quite positive..

"Codido Madrileño"
and this one i don't know, what's that?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 14:28:47 »
bread with potatos is indeed a strange combination but I can imagine tasty  :D I love bread with pasta so why not with potatos ... I'm making lasagne tomorrow njamie  :D I love the preparation more then the eating self  :lol:

Tiloechos Offline

• Master Forenkenner
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 19:26:39 »
Well, this is the "Tortilla de patatas" Watch the video:

Easy to do, cheap and dellicious... mmm

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 19:46:51 »
:D can imagine...I'll make it this weekend!!!!
 :lol:

Thanks for the recepie!!

Greetz
Me