Author Topic: cooking/ kochen  (Read 21727 times)

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Make love not war (c) Gershon Legman
Antw:cooking/ kochen
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 11:32:51 »
@Jenny we have the same standard fruits plus ebony fruit maybe which is my favorite middle Asian one,but I love tropic fruits so much,especially lichi and mango!

as for cooking I love it and love to eat home food and i feel much better inside of myself after that))) if anyone would like to cook it I can give the simpliest and tastiest version of real true Ukrainian borsch of 1930's by my granny.
Also I have my grandpa's collection of recipes from the beginning of XX century,most of them are borrowed French I guess I tried to cook them and some technics are really weird but at the end it's so damn tasty.
Greetings from St.Pete

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 20:37:03 »
@Jenny we have the same standard fruits plus ebony fruit maybe which is my favorite middle Asian one,but I love tropic fruits so much,especially lichi and mango!

as for cooking I love it and love to eat home food and i feel much better inside of myself after that))) if anyone would like to cook it I can give the simpliest and tastiest version of real true Ukrainian borsch of 1930's by my granny.
Also I have my grandpa's collection of recipes from the beginning of XX century,most of them are borrowed French I guess I tried to cook them and some technics are really weird but at the end it's so damn tasty.

Oh my i totally want that recipe, you know?? pleaaase ^^
And i'll probably share some recipes soon too since i've been cooking and baking more and more for the last months :D watch out ^^
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 21:51:27 »
with pleasure, here you are!  :D

you need:

- around 0.5 kg piece of pork on a tube bone (can be replaced with beef or chicken if you don't eat pork like many of my friends)
- 2 big onions
- 3 big carrots
- 5-7 potatoes
- 1 tin of "kidney beans"
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 big or 2 small beetroots
- a 70-100gr tin of tomato paste
(for summer version - 5 peeled & marshed tomatoes & 1 paprika)
- sunflower oil
- bell pepper
- 1 bay leaf

Stage 1:
put meat in a large pan with water (about 3-5 liters), and wait till the water boils, then spill out this 1st water and start boiling it again in a fresh water, together with one peeled onion and one peeled carrot and some bell peppers. Leave it boiling for several hours till you get a good broth (about 2 hours is okay). During the 1st hour some foam may occur - throw it off with a spoon.

Stage 2: when the broth is ready, add there potatoes & 1 carrot, all cut in cubes, and the kidney beans (what a strange name!!!) without the juice. Shred the cabbage and leave it, it will be the next there when the potatoes and carrot get cooked.

Stage 3 - frying, the main of it:
chop 1 onion, shred 1 carrot and the beetroots on a grater, keep all of them separately.
Pour some oil on a rather deep frying pan and when it gets hot make the fire middle and put the onion there, when the onion gets golden - put the carrot there, mix, and add some oil (mix them as often as possible), the last to add is the beetroot, right after the carrot begins to smell like cooked. Add some more oil (if you see the mix is too dry) and wait till the mix fries down again, and then add the tomato paste, mix, and fry it for some more minutes until no water there. Very simple to burn this part so no big fire and mixing often.
(in summer version - chopped paprika goes in the frying pan after onions and the real tomatoes at the end instead, both versions are tasty)
when it's done turn it off and leave it till the very end!

Stage 4:
So, returning to the big sausepan, your potatoes & carrot are bolied & ready, put 1 bay leaf there and the shredded cabbage and leave it boiling UNCOVERED! (or there will be a bad cabbage smell of the dish at the end) boil it until the cabbage stripes get very soft. Then put that stuff from the frying pan into the sausepan, mix everything properly, add salt according to your taste and leave it boiling together for 1-2 minutes. Then turn it off, everything is ready, the taste becomes the best after an hour when the potatoes get colored in red! To serve with a spoon of sour cream and verdures.

Bonus:
If you want a deeper real true Ukrainian dish, you can make a pastry stuff called "galushka", mix 1 egg with flour & some salt to make a soft dough, make a disc or two (with diameter ~15 cm), and boil it for 20 min in the ready borsch at the end, then take it out, cut in pieces like cake and make small cuts in it to put small pieces of garlic there. Eaters can either put some back in a plate or eat separately or ignore )))

An old photo, with some asian pan bread:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 22:04:49 by Grazia »
Greetings from St.Pete

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 22:07:22 »
Oh my i totally want that recipe, you know?? pleaaase ^^
And i'll probably share some recipes soon too since i've been cooking and baking more and more for the last months :D watch out ^^

cool :D interesting as I'm searching for new dishes I could try out myself :)

And I'm also interested in the recipe is it a soup as I found on google?

I recently made an ovendish with savoy cabbage, I'll share it's easy but it tasted very good even if I say so myself :D

Ingredients (for four portions and a bit more):
- one savoy cabbage
- 500 - 800 gr minced meat
- 250gr bacon in small slices
- an onion
- 600 gr potatoes
- Basil
- olive oil
- small slice of butter
- an egg
- milk
- Nutmeg
- pepper
- bread crumbs

1. You start with stewing the savoy cabbage (add some pepper to your own taste) till it's soft and mix it or leave it more crispy (own taste).
2. You cut the onion in small pieces, put some olive oil in a large pan (in which the minced meat and bacon fit) heat it, sweat the onion in it then bake the minced meat in it, make sure to separate the minced meat well. Add basil to your own taste. (a tip of my sis, savoy cabbage and basil really match well together)
3. in the meantime boil the potatoes
4. bake the bacon in small slices in its own fat so just put it in a pan and heat it
5. put the bacon with the minced meat (make sure not to add the juice)
6. heat the oven to 190°
7. when the potatoes are ready you make mashed potatoes from them (egg, butter, milk, nutmeg, pepper)
8. when everything is ready you take a large casserole (for the oven) you put the meat at the bottom, then the savoy cabbage, then the potatoes on top and spread some bread crumbs on it not too much
Put the casserole in the oven for 15 minutes, then put on grill for another 5 minutes depending on the oven and how fast you did the steps (everything will most likely be still warm when it goes in the oven)

another one with savoy cabbage is (for three portions:
- one savoy cabbage
- one onion
- olive oil
- 250gr bacon (in small slices)
- three eggs
- 400 gr potatoes
- an egg
- milk
- nutmeg
- a slice of butter

1. stew the savoy cabbage till it's very soft so you can mix/mash it
2. boil the potatoes
3. cut the onion in small pieces and sweat it in some olive oil
4. bake the bacon with the onion
5. make mashed potatoes (milk, one egg, nutmeg, butter)
6. add the savoy cabbage and bacon to the potatoes
7. make three fried eggs
8. put on each plate a small amount of the potatoemix and on top of it a fried egg

When you can dream it, you can do it!

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 22:28:46 »
@Kitty this recipe sounds very tasty,I must cook it next  :o

PS. no more editions available - I forgot to add that at the end you can take out the meat and cut it in pieces,throw out the bone and put the meat back into the pot. So it will be easier to serve it,meat into every plate.
And frying - all the vegetables cut or shred as smaller pieces as possible.
Greetings from St.Pete

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2012, 09:24:12 »
@Kitty this recipe sounds very tasty,I must cook it next  :o

:) it is very tasty both recipes :) Let me know what you think of it when you found time to cook it ^^ I was scared at first, as I remember my mother-in-law made some ovendish with it but well I asked the recipe but she never gave it :( so I just tried to think it out myself :D and the result was positively rated by my dad even (who's not the easiest when it comes to food)

We'll probably make the second one with the egg with Christmas Evening :) it's easy and yet tasty and this way my parents (or me depending who cooks) can be part of the evening non-stop as well :) it's only short in the kitchen.

PS. no more editions available - I forgot to add that at the end you can take out the meat and cut it in pieces,throw out the bone and put the meat back into the pot. So it will be easier to serve it,meat into every plate.
And frying - all the vegetables cut or shred as smaller pieces as possible.

might try this once :)

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2012, 12:38:16 »
Olga, so cool that you share your grannys recipe, looks great! :)

It's Christmas time now and this year I want to try that... http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/414771131543778/Hexenhaeuschen.html :)
*** Minister Of Smile ***

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2012, 10:52:22 »
Gingerbread house! Those are so fun to decorate!

Speaking of Christmas, I really like these around the holidays and want to try making them.

http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/11/14/cranberry-bliss-bars/

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:49 »
Olga, so cool that you share your grannys recipe, looks great! :)

It's Christmas time now and this year I want to try that... http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/414771131543778/Hexenhaeuschen.html :)

:D ohje, das sieht so kompliziert aus hahaha :D lass mich wissen ob's funktioniert :D dann versuche ich's vielleicht auch mal.

Nastya mmm looks good indeed :) looks a bit like bread-pudding (which I love by the way :D) is it similar or does it only looks like it?

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2012, 03:09:10 »
:D ohje, das sieht so kompliziert aus hahaha :D lass mich wissen ob's funktioniert :D dann versuche ich's vielleicht auch mal.

Ging eigentlich ganz gut. Ich war nur zu ungeduldig und hab das Dach zu früh drauf, dann ist mein Häuschen eingestürzt... und als ich zwar lang genug auf das Dach gewartet habe, ist es nochmal beim Schmücken eingestürzt. ;D Aber das Häuschen hat gut überlebt und ich finds echt schön, was daraus noch geworden ist. Außerdem hab ich noch diese essbaren Tannen gebacken... http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/926201197906093/Weihnachtsbaeumchen-zum-essen.html uuund die Rumkugeln http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/315151113038089/Claudias-Rumkugeln.html die es auch als Geschenk geben wird am Montag :)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:42 »
Ging eigentlich ganz gut. Ich war nur zu ungeduldig und hab das Dach zu früh drauf, dann ist mein Häuschen eingestürzt... und als ich zwar lang genug auf das Dach gewartet habe, ist es nochmal beim Schmücken eingestürzt. ;D Aber das Häuschen hat gut überlebt und ich finds echt schön, was daraus noch geworden ist. Außerdem hab ich noch diese essbaren Tannen gebacken... http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/926201197906093/Weihnachtsbaeumchen-zum-essen.html uuund die Rumkugeln http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/315151113038089/Claudias-Rumkugeln.html die es auch als Geschenk geben wird am Montag :)

Sieht schön aus! :D wie lange hast du denn dafür gebraucht? Die Rumkugeln habe ich auch schon mal gemacht! Das hat mir vollspass gemacht :D vielleicht mache ich sie ja mal wieder, obwohl ich eigentlich Kekse oder kleine Kuchen backen wollte, ich habe schon die Formen dafür aber ich weiss noch nicht genau welche ich backen will für Weihnachten. Aber vielleicht kann ja auch beides. Die Tannen sehen auch cool aus!

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2012, 11:53:11 »
Sieht schön aus! :D wie lange hast du denn dafür gebraucht? Die Rumkugeln habe ich auch schon mal gemacht! Das hat mir vollspass gemacht :D vielleicht mache ich sie ja mal wieder, obwohl ich eigentlich Kekse oder kleine Kuchen backen wollte, ich habe schon die Formen dafür aber ich weiss noch nicht genau welche ich backen will für Weihnachten. Aber vielleicht kann ja auch beides. Die Tannen sehen auch cool aus!
Danke! :) Wie lang ich gebraucht habe? Viel, vieeel zu lang :D Ich habe ungefähr um sieben Uhr abends angefangen und bin dann um zwei-drei Uhr nachts ins Bett gefallen ;D Und wenn es nicht zu aufwendig ist, dann mach doch wirklich beides! Bist ja dann eh in Back-Stimmung - so war es dann bei mir ^^
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:55:15 by jenny-jen »

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2012, 15:19:52 »
Today I finalised my cupcakes for Christmas :) for those who're interested in the recipe for 12 cupcakes:

125g flower (selfrising)
125g sugar
125g butter
2 spoons milk (roomtemperature)
2 (big) eggs (roomtemperature)

flavour as wished:
2 spoons cinemaon
2 spoons chocolate

You start with heating your oven till 170°

1. put butter in a large pan and mix it with the sugar (put it part after part so it's easier for the butter to take it in)
2. mix the butter-sugar till it's a smooth light mass
3. put egg after egg and mix inbetween
4. put the flower spoonwise in the butter-sugar-egg mixture and mix on middel-level of the mixer
5. put the spoons of milk in it mix well after it
6. put the flavour wished so either the cinamon or chocolate or what you want your cupcake to taste like
7. mix everything for one minute

it's the easiest when you have a premalled plate for cupcakes, you can then put paper-cupcakeforms in it but otherwise you can just use a backplate and put the papercupcakeforms on it (but to be sure they keep their form you can use two each time in this case for extra strength.)
you can put the dough in the forms with two spoons and fill them for like 2/3.
8. put in the oven for 20-25min.

For the topping I used:
250g butter
250g powdered sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee and two teaspoons hot water (you read that right, teaspoons :D it's a very strooooong coffee and I advice you not to taste in advance hahaha)

decoration:
mokkabeans
sugarpearls

1. let the butter come to roomtemperature
2. mix the butter till it's a light smooth mass
3. add spoonwise the powdered sugar and mix very well inbetween
4. mix some more minutes you see the texture chance into a nice cream
5. at that stage you can add the coffeemixture and mix the cream very well
6. put the cream in a pastry bag with the desire mouth and design the cupcakes

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2012, 22:02:39 »
Oh, Kitty and Jenny, both of you made awesome good-looking desserts! :D ok, I'll share my truffles recipe soon ^^
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

Grazia Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2013, 23:11:04 »
i want to share a very tasty and a very simple recipe of the Finnish salmon creamy soup "lohikeitto", really tasty and can be your savior when you are awaiting guests and have no time! cooking time - 30-40 min
Picture from the website:

needed for a big sausepan:

1 pc of leek cut in small pieces, only white and light-green part of it.
5-7 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
700 gr potatoes cut in cubes 2x2cm
700 gr fresh salmon filet (no skin & bones!) cut in cubes 2x2cm
0.5 liter of 30%fat liquid cream (no sour!)
6-7 glasses of water
1-2 bay leafs
3 tablespoons of potato starch
salt/pepper
verdures - dill and parsley etc./lemon/dried bread for serving - optional

Make olive oil warm in the sausepan and put there leek.
When it gets soft, add bay leaf, pour water (very carefully, it jumps!), wait till it boils and put there your potatoes, cover it and wait till it boils to soft.
Then add salmon and cook for 5 minutes, after that pour the cream.
While you are waiting till it boils for a while, prepare the starch:
- mix it thoroughly with 2-3 tablespoons of cold water
Slightly pour this misture into the soup, mixing the soup non-stop. it will make the soup dense, when you see it is dense, add butter and put it off the fire. If it's density doesn't satisfy you, make some more starch mixture!
Add salt/pepper according to your taste (for this volume, 1.5 tablespoons of salt must be fine)
Serve with what you like ))) Dried bread and verdures was perfect, as for lemon, i don't like.
Greetings from St.Pete