Author Topic: cooking/ kochen  (Read 21662 times)

Mona Offline

• Major Forenfreak
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 14:49:59 »
seasalt is not so fine thats why ;)
Ein Leben ohne Liebe ist kein Leben
Tilo Wolff Lacrimosa

NO SUPPORT VIA PN!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 15:59:16 »
right I knew there was a difference  :lol: Thanks Mona!
I saw the books today in colruyt mom said wait untill it's december  :lol: I knew enough :lol:

Greetings
Me
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Mona Offline

• Major Forenfreak
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 09:03:43 »
:) I really love his ideas of cooking although they are sometimes pretty strange...

OT since you are from belgium i guess you speak french... which number is quatrevindisneuf (sorry if its wrong written)
Ein Leben ohne Liebe ist kein Leben
Tilo Wolff Lacrimosa

NO SUPPORT VIA PN!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:20 »
je parle un petit peut de fran├žais qoui  :lol:  My French is horrible  :lol: but mostly I understand it if the speaker doesn't speak to fast  :lol: Thansk for the tip!

Greetings
Me

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 17:50:32 »
I see I never answered the question about the number >.< I think that's 99 (quatrevingt is 80 dix = 10 neuf=9 ... 80+10+9 = 99) ... but  I suppose Mona won't ever read that.

So :) people interested in my white chocolate mousse recepy to try it themselves

for 4 portions (see my picture in Happy miserable for the size of a portion)

- 200gr white chocolate
- 3 eggs (only the white is needed)
- 1.5dl cream (to stir so with enough fatt percentage)
- 3 spoons of milk

You start with melting the white chocolate in the milk. I do that in the microwave starting with 30 seconds on 1000watt, then I stirr the chocolate in the milk, another 30 seconds on 1000 watt, stirr again you'll see that you'll come to a point where the milk is disappearing because the chocolate takes it up. From this point on I work with 5 seconds on 1000 watt and stirr it after each time untill you get an uniform creamy thingie.
When you don't have a microwave; search yourself two pans one bigger and one smaller that fits into the bigger one... fill the biggest with water so that the smallest one just not touches the water surface (it's called: au bain marie) ... let the water boil and melt the chocolate with the milk under constant stirring.

The next step is stirring the cream with a whisk (I put a little bit of powder sugar in it; about one teaspoon) till whipped cream but not completely whipped... you need to keep the cream just a little bit under the completely vast structure. Take two spoons of the cream and stirr it under the melt chocolate (with a spoon I did this) and put it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. (don't forget to put the cream in the fridge as well).

Meanwhile stirr the white of the eggs with a whisk till you get a very vast white mousse...you know it's ok when you can turn the casserole upside down without the mousse falling out.

Take the chocolate and the cream out of the fridge and carefully stirr the rest of the cream under the chocolate. Then take two spatula (see picture) of the stirred eggwhite and put it carefully under the chocolate by bringing the chocolate up from the bottom with the spatule and putting it over the eggwhite (this is delicate because you need to keep the air in your eggs) then put the rest of the eggs carefully under it using the same technique. When you no longer see egg and you have a uniform cream your mixture is ready and you can put it in cups. Let it rest in the fridge for two - three hours and enjoy :)

Two points of attentions:
1. make sure not to melt your chocolate too fast when you do it in the microwave; you easily go to burned chocolate ... you hardly have this risk with the au bain marie technique
2. make sure to NOT put the vast white of eggs with the mixture all at once; it's important to get a lot of "air" in your mousse in order to get it light. Not like you can put your spoon in your chocolate mousse and turn the cup around without dropping anything (I had it once ... it tasted good but it was not real chocolate mousse) in order to avoid that it's better to split it in two; first a little bit and then the rest.

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2011, 02:34:19 »
I should give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 08:51:37 »
Quote from: "Arlishan"
I should give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

welcome :)

Diana_R Offline 00

• Major Forenfreak
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 15:07:52 »
Mmmm....
What a great tasty topic!!
I ADORE spaghetti with tomatos!
Also I like japaneese food, for example rolls with avocado or with cucumbers, and japaneese miso soup is my very favorite soup!

I regard cooking as creativity, I cook rarely and only having inspiration.
Last sungay I cooked vegetarian pizza)
Today I made a soup from broccoli and onion, it was very easy and tasty)

I prefer creating recepts myself))

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 03:52:12 »
@Diana: oooh why did you speak of miso soup? Now I want some so bad!  :lol:  Nom Nom.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 09:33:13 »
Quote from: "Diana_R"

I prefer creating recepts myself))

yes, I do that when it comes to pasta as well ^^ ... but not with desserts...there's so much that can go wrong =_= ... well with the basics that is :)

Did you ever make gazpacho? A cold vegetable soup ... I'm in love with it on hot summer days :) and it's sooooooo easy to make ^^

And moussaka is also a dish I have fun with preparing it :D I made it the very first time when I wasn't that long together with my boy, because I knew that he loves this dish very much... it's a bit more complicated but nonetheless very easy in one as well the moment you know which ingredients. I just remember that I found it very awkward that I had to use cinnamon it the sauce xD ... I was like...but that's for in pie???!! :D but what I tasted after adding it was just sublime ...

I don't cook that often neither... well not yet, once I'm in Innsbruck that will change for sure. But I do it with pleasure, it's just that my parents usually have their own tastes and well I'm sure they don't always match with mine... specially my dad's :D My mother has less problems with the fact I use a lot of vegetables when I cook and am fund of pasta so make a lot of pasta dishes or oven dishes.

Arlishan Offline mx

• Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 21:10:12 »
@Kitty: opposite to me, that I don't use vegetables a lot. I do mostly dishes with meat and bread, pasta and japanese-like sauces. Hoisin!!

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 02:50:04 »
Ahhhh, silly me, after I wrote my answer I closed the window :? So here again: :D

First I want to answer Kitty's questions almost 4 years ago :D Because I love cooking as well (but not cleaning up after it *angel eyes*).

So I can't specify only one favorite meal, there are sooo many good things you can eat :D Pasta for example, like pasta with a cheese-cream-sauce, or a bell pepper-courgette-sauce or just a simple tomato (sorry, but I HAVE TO post this one :D
) or bolognese-sauce. I also like pizza and lasagne (this one is very good, but German: http://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/videos/clip/593-die-perfekte-lasagne-1.1649191/). Of course, as a German I love Schnitzel and Maultaschen but I'm sure you would love that as well.  :) Furthermore I love anything what is sweet or candy-like :oops: E.g. blueberry-pancakes or rice pudding (best one ever, German again: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/97721038746881/Milchreis-a-la-Leilah.html)... just to mention a few *angel eyes*

Where I get new recipes? www.chefkoch.de. I even have there an account :D

And today I cooked a very good pasta-variation. I already found that in sumer but because I love it I cooked it again, try it!! (German): http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/315141113037955/Spargel-Carbonara.html
It's called "asparagus-carbonara"

you need (for 4 persons):

500 g asparagus, green
250 g Pasta, Spaghetti
butter
olive oil
powdered sugar
3 eggs
2 tablespoons Marsala
1 tablespoon white wine
2 tablespoons Parmesan
fresh herbs
salt and pepper

How to do it:

Clean asparagus - but do not peel it - and cut it into 3 centimeter long pieces. One small piece butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil you melt in a big pan, then you put the asparagus-pieces in it for some minutes. Dredge it with a whiff of powdered sugar and salt. Whisk the eggs with white wine and Marsala, fold in Parmesan. Meanwhile you cook the Spaghetti, decant it as long as it is hot mix it with the egg-mass and after that put it into the pan with the rare asparagus. At the end you put in the pepper and fresh herbs. Instantly and very hot you serve your carbonara - enjoy :)

Some tips:
- Marsala is a wine for desserts. If you don't have it (I didn't) I think you can use instead of it ore white wine with a little bit cream.
- I also took in some ham
- If you never cooked a carbonara - don't worry, it's not that difficult. For beginners you can first mix the spaghetti with the asparagus and then the egg-mass. Maybe you leave a little bit water from the spaghetti. It's really very important that you serve that meal instantly and very hot, otherwise it could be too dry.

:)
*** Minister Of Smile ***

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:42 »
mmmmmmmmm sounds delicious! It'll have to wait till I'm home though to try it out  :( the kitchen here is too small for experimentations, it needs to go quick very very quick =_= But I'll mark me this one :)

And today I'm gonna make pasta as well (or tomorrow, depends on when I get home) I have carrots, paprika and tomatoes and fuuuuuuu I forgot to get my meat =_= ok it'll be tomorrow then, cause I won't have time to get to the shop still today... grrrr. It's so funny...now that I live in this room I need to get to the shop everytime I want to cook...because I forgot the ingredients which we ALWAYS have at home...like olive oil, butter, herbs, salt, pepper, milk. But well I think time after time I'm getting everything I need :) I'm just looking for some simple one-pan meals because that's easiest to prepare here. Yesterday I made mushed-carrots-potatoes with cheese and baked saucage ... but it seems I made it one day too early, would fit better to the weather we have today  :lol:  :lol:

Anyways if you know any one-pan meals or just things that are done very quickly...I know carbonara is fast...most pasta's actually. But I once in a while like a potato as well =_= ... And I'm planning to do a wok next week as well and maybe a rice ... thing is it's SO difficult to find meat for just one person!!!! and I'm not the kind that likes to eat chicken two or three days in a row or bief two or three days in a row or any kind of meat two or three days in a row ....spaghetti is an exception  :P

jenny-jen Offline de

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Minister Of Smile
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 11:40:17 »
Ooohhh, I know that sooo well!! :D Since 4 years I have just a little kitchenette with only 2 hotplates :? Well, how many have you? Sounds like you have only 1?? :shock: And don't you have a chest freezer? Aaaand do you have an oven?

My favorite one-person meal (maybe for two days) which is VERY fast and easy and tasty is my vegetable-pan either with pasta or rice :D

Just buy a bag iced vegetables...

... I forget how it's named but I will say that when I know it :D

Then you cook either rice or pasta (I like rice more). Meanwhile you unfrozen the vegetables in a pan, put some cream in and your favorites herbs and at the end rice. If you are not that lazy you can cut in some fresh vegetables as well :D That's all :D
*** Minister Of Smile ***

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 17:46:36 »
Quote from: "jenny-jen"
Ooohhh, I know that sooo well!! :D Since 4 years I have just a little kitchenette with only 2 hotplates :? Well, how many have you? Sounds like you have only 1?? :shock: And don't you have a chest freezer? Aaaand do you have an oven?

no, I share a kitchen with four hotplates, an oven and a microwave and one freezer (for 20 people =_=) with an entire stock of the building, that's why it mostly needs to go quick. So rather small if you realise most people eat at the same time and cooking a meal takes rather often 15-20 minutes and up to an hour when you cook dignant.

My favorite one-person meal (maybe for two days) which is VERY fast and easy and tasty is my vegetable-pan either with pasta or rice :D

Just buy a bag iced vegetables...

... I forget how it's named but I will say that when I know it :D

Then you cook either rice or pasta (I like rice more). Meanwhile you unfrozen the vegetables in a pan, put some cream in and your favorites herbs and at the end rice. If you are not that lazy you can cut in some fresh vegetables as well :D That's all :D

Yeah, I had something in mind like that as well :) and on Sunday I'll make myself baked eggs with raw vegetables and a piece of bread xD inventive or? hahahaha :D but tomorrow I'll cook properly :) with fresh vegetables I'll make a kind of spaghetti sauce and eat spaghetti ... I eat more pasta than anything else =_= not healthy for the stomach, I need diversity. But well :D I'll maybe take a look at that website you put here :) who knows ^^