Author Topic: cooking/ kochen  (Read 21926 times)

Tiloechos Offline

• Master Forenkenner
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 23:12:46 »
As all in this life you will need practice to do a good tortilla. If you put the fire at maximum power you will burn it by the border but it will be not made inside, so you will do a drinkable tortilla.

My sugestuion is that when you have put the potatos into the egg to use a slow fire to do it by inside and outside...

Sorry for this horrible english, but im tired .. ;)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 09:12:58 »
it's not horrible english... ;)

Thanks for the tips!!! :D I'm looking forward to the weekend!!!!!! :lol:

greetz
Me
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Mona Offline

• Major Forenfreak
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 18:51:42 »
i love all the things that jamie oliver cooks... and his instructions are easy to follow!!
Ein Leben ohne Liebe ist kein Leben
Tilo Wolff Lacrimosa

NO SUPPORT VIA PN!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 20:45:44 »
I know that one too, I once doubted to buy a book from him perhaps I should do that one day  :D

Tiloechos Offline

• Master Forenkenner
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 17:29:17 »
Did you finally do the tortilla?

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 20:19:10 »
:cry: people where stribbling against me this weekend because of the good wetter daddy wanted to do barbeque  :x  but wait this week  :D I'll let you know wetter I liked it oké  :D I guess wednesday or thursday i'll be able to cook myself   ;)

Ow I made a nice dessert...Well when I made the lasagne...I guess most know how to make lasagne so wont give the recepie of it...but the dessert was delicious well I cannot know didn't eat some (diet  :oops: ) it was:

One large cake (from shop or self made) +- 250g
300g of chocolat (milk or fondant)
eum 3 eggs of which you need 2 insides yellow and the 3inside whites  :) (donno how it is called so I guess everybody knows what I mean?)
2dl cream you have to mix
3 spoons (to eat soup) sugger
3spoons (to eat soup) beurre  :oops: it's how you call it god damn in english(have no dictionarry with me sorry tomorrow if there are troubles)

you milt the chocolat with the beurre and sugar "au bain marrie" (this means you put it all in a test which you hang in another test with water that boils = agains burning the chocolat) or you just put it in the microwave as I did
 ;)

when it melt down you put in the 2 yellows of the eggs
you mix the cream put it under the chocolat mousse and BE CAREFULL that it don't collaps!!!!!   :D just well expieriences...
mix the 3egg whites VERY GOOD and put this under the chocolat mousse

A tip: if the chocolat is TOO hard after you put under the yellows of the egg then put some milk in it
 ;)

Now we have the chocolat mousse

take a box that is allowed to stand in the freezer for a long time!
start making little pieces of cake +- 50cm put first a 2cm high level of the chocolat mousse in the box cover it with cake again chocolat mousse, cake,...end up with chocolat mousse et voilà put it in the freezer for at least six hours best is a day before...and let it stand out for like 5 minutes before you start sliding pieces of the frozen cakemix... :D If you don't want to do it in your pants cause o boy IT IS HARD  :lol: I stood there with the knife doing the best I can and well i couldn't hold my laugh  :D

LOVELY GREETZ AND BON APETIT!!
Me

elen Offline

• Forenhase
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 20:34:05 »
google sais that "beurre" in Swedish, French and Cajun Franch (?) means butter. but you can never trust google ;)

and what you described seems like a lot of work - too much work for me to even force myself to do it ;)
but i have a friend who's a chocolate-freak, maybe i'll make her try to do it..

i also used to be very fond of chocolate, and i still like it very much, but recently, already for some time i don't feel like eating sweet things - rather salty or spicy. and containing meat.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44:51 »
beurre is french  :D it is indeed butter stupid of me that I lost the word yesterday...well it was kind of late already  :D my mind wasn't working on full tours anymore  :lol:

It's not that much work at half an hour it was in the freezer so  :D

I'm also a chocolat freak  :D but right now well i am not allowed to eat any sweet, so I wont then neither...and the result is there so that's what counts  ;)

Lovely greetz!
me

~Lichtgestalt~ Offline

• Forenkenner First Class
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 16:25:14 »
@ Longwaytogo: Have you alreay cooked my "Schnitzel"?  :lol:

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 16:27:05 »
:cry: I'm very sorry I didn't cook much latest time since I had a lot of probs with my choice for studies...very sorry...but I wrote it down so the first time I need to cook there'll be something new  ;)

Greetz!
Me

~Lichtgestalt~ Offline

• Forenkenner First Class
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 20:09:20 »
you don´t have to apologize you..I can´t force you to cook that  :lol:

Mona Offline

• Major Forenfreak
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 08:13:50 »
you should get one of his books... got four myself already ;)

his instructions are really easy to follow and and everything i tried till now did taste well and happen to look like in the book
Tilo Wolff Lacrimosa

NO SUPPORT VIA PN!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 10:42:16 »
that don't happens very often that it does look like in the books  :D  I must say that I am a better cook then my mom although I don't do it since quit long, a year or two I guess...and when I cook even my dad looks forward to the  meal  :lol: but I wonder do you always stick to the description? since I dare to change things like the amount of meat usually I don't like meat and as I am on a diet right now I learned that you should always eat less meat then green or potatoes... I wonder are there special recepts for patatoes in the books you mentioned Mona? since I hate a usual patato I like to do something else with them like my boyfriend's mom did! She made puré and beneath them she has put some green and that she has put into the over IT TASTED SOOOO WELL!! but his mam can cook delicious!!!

greetings!
Me

Mona Offline

• Major Forenfreak
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 06:34:16 »
Try his baked potatoes....

little potatoes wash them put them into something that can go into the oven... put oil in it an rub the potatoes with seasalt put them into the oven .. those are really delicious!!
Tilo Wolff Lacrimosa

NO SUPPORT VIA PN!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
cooking/ kochen
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 09:03:01 »
:D thanks I'll try them! we usually bake them just at the fire, in a pan... I never thought of baking them in the oven that must indeed do something with the taste of them...seasalt can't you use normal salt? I mean I think that seasalt is special salt or am I wrong?

Greetings!
Me