Author Topic: World Wide live - experience at home  (Read 467 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
World Wide live - experience at home
« on: September 01, 2020, 15:03:17 »
Hi to whomever reads this, I see there's still a lot of passage in this forum, though none seems to have the wish to interact? I'm gonna try anyhow, seeing what happened was more than connecting this passed friday.

On Friday the 28th of August we had the opportunity to join a concert à la corona... from enough distance. I wonder how other people experienced it. I already heard a few opinions which really were in line with my own experiences, but am curious to everyone here.

I'll start off with sharing mine. As a matter of fact it came as a huge hugest surprise, it's been since 2012 that I managed to attend, several times I had stood on line of joining a concert but last-minute something interupted. 8 long damned years I soothed myself with youtubes and new albums (thank god!) and now out of the blue in a year I had expected the least seeing this virus which threw over our lives as we knew it, this opportunity came up. It was no doubt I bought a ticket before even knowing whether I'd be free that night... I'd make free then  ;D

The day was a bit awkward seeing normally I take free of duty and spent my time in the city + hang out with friends after which we tune in on the atmosphere of the concert hall. That wasn't possible of course. On top came the fact that my toddler burned his both knees and needs treatment in hospital every day, so I was rather distracted by the rush of the day... nonetheless I felt a huuuuuuge longing of 19u20 coming very soon. And it came ... AT ONCE. I had prepared my corner, could seat apart from the rest in our cozy veranda with view on the little forest (which is still there, and I enjoy it eeeevery day it is as it's told to be gone soon  :'( ) after our garden. I had my drink with me, my headphones and my heart. I seated and knew it would still take some time before it'd start. The saaaaame, very same chills whenever I thought "in a few more minutes I'll see them, in a few more minutes I'll hear them, in a few more minutes" In mind I could already hear the intro which gives shivers over my entire body! it overwhelms me eaaaach damn time. I didn't expect it to be this real, you know, I thought it'd feel more like when you watch a movie or something, but the experience beforehand was as catchy as when I would have stood in front of the hall where the concert took place.

And then... it started. I couldn't believe it, it was so beautiful. The harlekin lighting up and out just like a beating heart, seeing everyone taking its spot, not knowing what exactly would come, letting yourself get surprised. And then the first suprise of the evening, we could follow Tilo getting up onto the stage, inviting us to join, feel home, sit down, relax and FEEL! My heart still fills up when I think it over.

In some way I had the feeling of the show being even more emotional than it is else, but seeing it's been quite some years that I haven't joined a live show, I can't really tell how it's been the last years. In any case it was beautiful to see the harmony between everyone on stage. The playfulness, the seriousness, the emotions, the happiness, the cheerfulness, the thankfulness.

It was magnificent to hear the instruments that otherwise "are missed" on live shows, it was a dream to hear it  fully instrumented and this dream partially came true which was amazing! Songs got another dimension. Brought other emotions across than they'd do otherwise. I was in shock when Tränen der Existenzlosigkeit was anounced, I knew he has a depth and wideness in his voice which grows more mature the more experience he gets... but ... I don't often get goosebumps anymore when listening to music, Tilo Wolff you did it again... with the first howl, my heart stood still, it was as if I held my breath till the song was finished. Those tears of pure emotion, they just added up to the emotions that everyone must have sensed within the depth of this live-version. It's brilliant how it was arranged to bring it on stage, it's brilliant how emotions were transported and hit straight in the spot in your heart where you must feel it. It was one of the first songs where I thought, here people wouldn't even dare to applaud I think... even when there wasn't a screen, on the other hand everything screamed inside of me to transmit hooooow amazingly beautiful this was... "später wollte ich Schönheit schöpfen", mein Gott Tilo wie du das IMMER schaffst!! unfassbar schöne Erfahrung die ich niemals nie nie nie im Leben vergessen werde.   

I had the impression that Anne was more nervous than otherwise or maybe that's just an impression because you see everything closer through a camera than standing in the audience of course. I said Anne you can do this! you are loved by thousends of people, your voice is pure and magical! How further in the concert the more confidence I saw in her and how cleaner she sang. Too bad I couldn't applaud to transmit my sincere gratefulness! Apart, suuuuch a beautiful song!

Weil du Hilfe Brauchst, was always such a song I had a love/hate relationship with. It's the song that kicked my butt everytime I heard it, it makes me feel guilty in a way. That's how the song comes in, you don't pick or choose it  :o But in this form I felt embraced, I felt help in its purest form, the peace that was transmitted embodied me with a trust in life, very beautiful with the strings!!

Ich verlasse Heut' Dein Herz... it remains my savior and killer, I can't help but to cry inside because I connect this song to so many personal situations which nearly killed me and at the same time this song gives such a comfort, a guidance to deal with hard decissions in life. I was so grateful they played it live!!!!

And so now I finally finally heard "unbekannte Farbe" live as well. They played it live on the concert in Belgium (and as I was told the recording of the clip took place there)  I wasn't able to attend due to troubles during my pregnancy *cryyyyy!* and I was so sad that I missed it, because the song is such a bright deep, standing song, gentle, breathing peace and understanding. I had hoped to hear it live one day, so now the day arrived! I noticed the moon projections on the floor during this live version... BEAUTIFUL! THANK YOU!

It was very nice that the show ended with "keine Schatten mehr" because you know, the follow up from the songs was very intimate, very deep, sensitive, emotional and this last song kinda ended it all with a positive note, a florishing lifting up feeling.

The ending was kinda awkward it was obvious they didn't really know how to end it neither. Otherwise you hear a crowd already screaming "BIIIIIIS" and now there was only silence... but in our hearts there was crowd, liveliness and peace, soooo much peaaace I sensed. It was beautiful to be part of this; a really huge magical Lacrinight which I have been adoring sooooo much in the past.

I already told my sis in law and told her this: this music is so healing for my sensitive soul, it's directing, it's creating a huge bubble of peace and guides the way to light.

And this concert woke up a part of me that fell asleep due to all the shit I got over my head te day I left this place for a while... but as promised I was never far away. I could never really leave.

All I can repeat is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK you!!
Chose being kind over being right, always!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
Antw:World Wide live - experience at home
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 15:43:57 »
Thank you Kitty for making this topic! It's the right time to share our impressions about the livestream-show!

It's such a unique format for us. Who would have thought that Lacrimosa will make a livestreaming concert? I wouldn't. But the times have changes and now that's our reality.
My husband and I were on a trip (not international one of course) the whole week before but we planned the Friday in such way that we could watch this show at home. Gladly it was announced a long time beforehand and we got prepared. So we drove out in the morning to arrive home in the afternoon, to unpack a bit and get relaxed and ready for the show. Of course we preferred to watch it live and not in a recording later!
Then it started. Was so heartwarming to see Tilo talking to the audience from stage. We noticed that the band also felt a bit nervous in the beginning of the performance, but it of course didn't affect the quality! I was so grateful for the choice of songs and for the invited musicians. Tränen der Existenzlosigkeit, Malina, Unbekannte Farbe, Keine Schatten Mehr - I was grateful to hear all the songs, first time performed live, rarely or long time ago performed, or often performed.
I felt a special pinch of emotions when there were words about loneliness in songs... It was in several of them. Because Tilo was singing in front of a empty hall. I hope that the screen with the messages and photos was making it better for them - at least some kind of feedback from the audience! I saw our message with greetings shown twice, hehe... And some pics from my friends too...
And I have to say, we WERE applauding, and my husband Mikki was even shouting sometimes, hehe...
This concert was mayeb even more emotional, and more "introverted" than normal - the energy of the crowd was missing. It also clearly affected the choice of songs for the setlist and it was new to the band to perform without the feedback from the audience.
But I enjoyed the show a lot, it was a highlight in these corona-times with no live shows. I was missing it and now they suddenly made a show. It's very cool to look forward to something.
The ZUGABE was totally missing though... I'm so used that they are coming back in the end. It's like a very good tradition of Lacrimosa shows.
Yeah it was a really good evening!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:58:58 »
Hey Julia, thank you too for sharing your experience :)

I'd never thought it to be possible even for a concert to take place in such a format. On such a scale world wide.
The nervousness is I think either because of the fact it was filmed and we saw more facial expressions then when you stand from a distance. And of course it was something new for them too, they had no idea what to expect in a way even when they were very well prepared. I think they managed well indeed despite the nerves.

I was happy too that there was the screen where they had direct messages from everyone watching from all over the world, I had feared they'd have nothing, so that was nice to find out that they could be supported in some way at least. It was sweet to see how they tried to interact on it as well, very very sweet.

Shouting wasn't an option here hahaha, my guys were watching television not so far from me  ;D ;D ;D you know teens, they need a loooooot of private space and do not daaaare to interrupt it by any means. But I found it crazy how indeed the need to do so was felt deep inside and I couldn't sit still neither, regrettably my foot still isn't good enough to dance  :o

I think you might be right about the way the emotions came across may be attached to the fact the input from the audience wasn't visible, they could imagine and take bits and parts from all the shows they played in the past, but it might have been a different concert when the audience was live present as well yes.

It WAS a light in dark times indeed! where people suffocate by the lack of their "normality" there's this guiding light that takes you to your own normality inside your heart. Right timing.

and indeed, the ending was not as we're used to it :D I'm glad to see it wasn't missed only here :D It's a nice game at the end of the show to yell just hard enough to get them back on stage...  ;D

It was a BLAST! I'm happy you shared your story too, thank you!

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 11:41:33 »
The nervousness is I think either because of the fact it was filmed and we saw more facial expressions then when you stand from a distance. And of course it was something new for them too, they had no idea what to expect in a way even when they were very well prepared. I think they managed well indeed despite the nerves.
Oh yeah they were very good performing!
And the show was actually very well filmed, I really liked the work of the filming team. It looked like it was pre-cutted, I mean the quality was like on a dvd. At least for my eyes.

Shouting wasn't an option here hahaha, my guys were watching television not so far from me  ;D ;D ;D you know teens, they need a loooooot of private space and do not daaaare to interrupt it by any means. But I found it crazy how indeed the need to do so was felt deep inside and I couldn't sit still neither, regrettably my foot still isn't good enough to dance  :o
Yeah of course I understand, when other people are around who are doing their own stuff, it's not very comfortable to shout fr the concert...  ;D

and indeed, the ending was not as we're used to it :D I'm glad to see it wasn't missed only here :D It's a nice game at the end of the show to yell just hard enough to get them back on stage...  ;D

I think all Lacrimosa fans who were at the live concerts would miss this ending...

Yeah it was a blast!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 12:40:11 »
Oh yeah they were very good performing!
And the show was actually very well filmed, I really liked the work of the filming team. It looked like it was pre-cutted, I mean the quality was like on a dvd. At least for my eyes.

Indeed!!  It was more than pro pro, really cool how it was put together. People who know what they were doing indeed. I think they really put the deeds to the word when saying you can make out of each sad situation something brilliant. I think corona formed opportunities which otherwise they might have never needed to have. Still I find it very sad how so many people are left on their own, all over the world when it comes to the virus.

Here in Belgium we normally would have gone to a show of a comic in may, but it was cancelled as we were still partially in lock down. And so it was moved to september, but now they still can't let it go threw because of the precautions they describe from government. And for us it sucks because we were looking foward to it, but I can't imagine the impact it has on the performer and all the people behind the screens who are already so many months without an income. As far as I heard they don't even have right for the unemployment fees which my husband got for a while when he was only allowed to work 60% because often they don't have a contract running or not the entire period and government doesn't say a word about it. We have the intention they try to kill culture/tv and music here because at the end of last year they were already cutting down the government support for the organisations and now they just put them all on the street so to say. There are already organisations that were as good as bankrupt because of the economics not turning for the better and now they're sliding off completely. I really hope for them all this may end very soon, thought my rationality says we're probably gonna have to live with this virus for a long time still. Anyhow I'm heading off-topic here... what wanted to say is that I find t precious how they seek solutions and partially find them and am glad that we could form a small support to it.