Author Topic: Forum structure - share your opinions  (Read 22122 times)

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
Forum structure - share your opinions
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 21:39:10 »
It´s not a reason for me to keep the German part away. There are some people they speak German very often and English not often. I can´t immagine that.

Dark greetings.
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 21:41:22 »
Quote from: "schwarze Seele"
It´s not a reason for me to keep the German part away. There are some people they speak German very often and English not often. I can´t immagine that.

Dark greetings.

Klodi supported you on that ;) she also thinks that German part should remain because some people are not capable to understand/write English enough to write in it (as I also agreed with you in the German topic on this matter :))
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Stephanie Lamas Offline ar

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Luna-tic!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 21:42:00 »
As for me...

I think the German part is necessary in order to mark an identity right here. But if I think more and more, as I can't understand it and I know I'm not the unique, I think sadly it's stopping the communication between fans. I think it's a big decision actually...

I'm not against the unification between forums! But I'm a little bit worried about how could decrease the activity and opinions about Lacrimosa. So:

Quote from: "Kitty"
- My suggestion is to create a lacrimosa-related part (for the disc-discussions, artwork-discussions,tours, fan-art, etc) and a non-lacrimosa related part call it offtopic (for the small-talks, the games, etc.) either for both languages separated or for both languages mixed (but I remember from the beginning of this forum that it was quite a mess when people started writing languages through each other)

I totally agree this!
Out here the good girls die

Felisa Offline ru

• Forenguru
  • The Minister of Information Technologies
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 21:45:10 »
Quote from: "schwarze Seele"
I ´m very dissapointed about the people who wrotes that the German part to get away here in this Forum. It`s a pitty. You forgot that Lacrimosa is a German speaking Band and there texts are also written in German. Thank you very much.  :(

Dark greetings.

Dear, personally me didn't mean to cut out German part (and to forbid German language here - it's ravings), I only said that we could merging German and English sections, for not dividing those who speaks German or English only. So as I see it - there will keep all german's topics and talks, but they will be at the same sections with english's ones. Sorry, if my words offended you :((
A PROUD MEMBER OF GHOST FAMILY!

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 21:46:09 »
My notions:

1. Expand PM system
2. Privatize Lacrimosa sections (both English and German) because I've noticed that our avatars pop up in google searches if we look for Lacrimosa photos. Personally, I don't like finding my posts/photos in google's cache. :/ You never know who in your life could be stalking your internet accounts or perhaps professionals trying to see your suitability for a position. It really does happen.
3. If we privatize these sections, perhaps more people will actually join and there will be less lurkers and blank accounts.
4. Announcement section should be kept public so we have less people joining and only asking "will the band be in my country ever or soon??"
5. I think everything that's in misc. should be kept the way it is. Solely creating a "Lacriwelt" section might make newbies/non-daily users feel left out.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 21:47:04 »
Quote from: "anesthesia25"
My notions:

1. Expand PM system
2. Privatize Lacrimosa sections (both English and German) because I've noticed that our avatars pop up in google searches if we look for Lacrimosa photos. Personally, I don't like finding my posts/photos in google's cache. :/ You never know who in your life could be stalking your internet accounts or perhaps professionals trying to see your suitability for a position. It really does happen.
3. If we privatize these sections, perhaps more people will actually join and there will be less lurkers and blank accounts.
4. Announcement section should be kept public so we have less people joining and only asking "will the band be in my country or soon??"
5. I think everything that's in misc. should be kept the way it is. Solely creating a "Lacriwelt" section might make newbies/non-daily users feel left out.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 22:07:33 »
well as for the mixed languages... I already wrote it before... it might really create confusion and chaos as misunderstandings as well if people start mixing up languages in one topic... therefore I think either way German and English people won't be able to communicate when neither of them try to adapt the language... so I suppose it's better to get structure in that still than to have a mixed forum again. Moreover I think (and fear) that German might just disappear when you mix it again...German-topics would disappear in an English sea I think.

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 22:08:06 »
just a remark to the idea to erase the border between the english and german parts ... well, thing is, even now there are not many german topics, comparing to how many we have in english; and if the border was erased, german ones would get lost and sooner or later, all the german topics, posts [and probably german-speaking members] would disappear   ;)
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 22:11:43 »
@ Felissa: Don´t worry for your words they were really. I `m sorry for my hard words. That was only my personallity feelings. I said what I think. Sorry.
@ Lux: I understand now what you mean. You will put the German and English part together? Is it right? Sorry for my English. I think that the German and English part will be himself here in the Forum, because I would like to wrote with the German people sometimes in my own language. I hope I understand it now?  :)
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

Tajj Offline ru

• Forenhase
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 22:21:42 »
1. Thank you, dear Admins-team, for the given possibility to tell our opinion. It is really appreciate

2. I think that the main structure of the forum which exists now (a German and English part and also the Lacrimosa's part and Offtopic) is convenient enough and it should be kept. May be only a some correction in these sections.

3. I totally agree with Felisa that the section of Announcements should be closed for ordinary users. Definitely it is not a place for spam or casual topics.

4. I think also that all threads of Lacrinight should be included in parts of Lacrimosa. It will help to keep their in order and it is easy to find. If Lacrinight is already a tradition (as I hope), not just a game, it must be formally associated with Lacrimosa band.

5. And of course I strongly vote for limit of size on avatars and banners in signature. =))

Matze Offline de

• Administrator
  • Forenhase
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 22:24:24 »
Thanks for your comments so far. Just a few comments:

1) we will NOT ban the German language, that was never an option. It's just the question if we can merge forums here. We have way too many subforums and meanwhile it's quite confusing and doubled.

2) to display birthdays on the frontpage is no problem

3) Avatars will be limited to a width of 150px max and signatures will be limited to ONE picture. I guess everybody knows why ;)

4) the new forum software will be SMF (Simple Machines)

5) it's probably not possible to transfer the nickpages, but all other data will be transfered

6) PM will come back of course, also your old messages

7) if ALL dislike that Google finds your entries and pictures, I can turn that off

8) I thought we'll call the new Forum LacriWelt since you created it...

Some suggestion and questions:

- should there be a forum section an registered can only after he posted a certain amount of entries? So let's say: after 10 postings he gets access to a special subforum. If yes - after how many postings, how should we call that section and what should be in there?

- how shall we call the member level in the future and after how many postings they should be reached? I think we can cut down the levels a bit. It's currently like this:

name (postings required)

Just poppin in   0
Just poppin more 10
Newbie 135   20
Forenkenner   50
Staff Forenkenner 80
Forenkenner First Class   100
Master Forenkenner 200
First Forenkenner 300
Major Forenkenner 400
Forenhase 500
Forenfreak 1000
Major Forenfreak 1500
Forenguru 2000
Master Forenguru 2500
Forenmeister 3000
First Forenmeister 3500
Forenlichtgestalt 4000

Ok guys, please keep posting and it would be cool if you could sort out the ideas you ALL wish, so it's easier for me to follow.
---
Hall of Sermon Shop
P.O. Box 12 33
99706 Sondershausen
Germany

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 22:32:24 »
Quote from: "Matze"
3) Avatars will be limited to a width of 150px max and signatures will be limited to ONE picture. I guess everybody knows why ;)

THAT'S the word!!!!  thank you^^  it's a real nightmare with those huge signatures and avatars   :oops:
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 22:34:50 »
Thanks for your comments so far. Just a few comments:

1) we will NOT ban the German language, that was never an option. It's just the question if we can merge forums here. We have way too many subforums and meanwhile it's quite confusing and doubled.

cool :) and as for merging forums I suppose that would be indeed good... eventhough I'm not 100% about mixing all into one big forum... meanings differ there a bit.

7) if ALL dislike that Google finds your entries and pictures, I can turn that off

I noticed that as well, would like it as well that it would be deactivated

8) I thought we'll call the new Forum LacriWelt since you created it...

COOL!

Ok guys, please keep posting and it would be cool if you could sort out the ideas you ALL wish, so it's easier for me to follow.

will try to create an overview.

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 22:40:12 »

- should there be a forum section an registered can only after he posted a certain amount of entries? So let's say: after 10 postings he gets access to a special subforum. If yes - after how many postings, how should we call that section and what should be in there?

Thank you Matze for your feedback!

I think it would be a good idea to limit access according to posts. After 10 posts is rational and I think once they achieved that, they can see off-topic areas. Below 10~ post users should only be able to view Lacrimosa-related sections.

stephanie Offline us

• First Forenmeister
  • Lady Masks
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 22:42:20 »
- how shall we call the member level in the future and after how many postings they should be reached? I think we can cut down the levels a bit. It's currently like this:

name (postings required)

Just poppin in   0
Just poppin more 10
Newbie 135   20
Forenkenner   50
Staff Forenkenner 80
Forenkenner First Class   100
Master Forenkenner 200
First Forenkenner 300
Major Forenkenner 400
Forenhase 500
Forenfreak 1000
Major Forenfreak 1500
Forenguru 2000
Master Forenguru 2500
Forenmeister 3000
First Forenmeister 3500
Forenlichtgestalt 4000

-I have a bitty-tiny idea about this, you could add the names of the albums
for example:

# of Posts:
New User   (1-100)
Angst        (100-200)
Einsamkeit  (...-...)
satura     (...-...)

and so on..
PS: I couldn't remember the other albums :lol:

-About adding the mini chat, and putting back MP is a good idea indeed.
Zombie/Minister of: Lollipop's Zombie killer helper & Crazy hyper things.