Author Topic: Forum structure - share your opinions  (Read 22856 times)

Asphodel Offline ru

• Administrator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • Das ist es wert!
Forum structure - share your opinions
« on: April 17, 2011, 19:48:02 »
Dear members of the forum!

Soon our forum is going to be updated, as you might already know. And also some changes in the forum structure might take place. Matze asked me to create this topic where all of you can share your opinion on the following:

1) What do you think about merging of sub-forums? For example, merge inside, outside, sideview into one... Or do you consider all of these sub-parts necessary as they are?

2) What if there will be no separate German-part in the new forum? Because the main part of the activity is in English-spoken part anyway. And in German part it's a bit more silent.

3) Any other suggestions? ;)

Please, write whether you support these suggestions or not, and do you have any other ideas to offer?

Shadows-In-Twilight Offline si

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
  • ein blick - ein kuss und dann die ewigkeit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 19:55:13 »
well i don't really have any wishes about how i want it to be, i only wish we had private messages back *angel eyes*
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 20:08:13 »
Hello dear Admins !
Well, as for merging subforums, I am totally in favour of it for the subforums  that are very rarely used in particular, like Fanpages and Fanforums maybe could be merged in Inside ! But it will be difficult to choose what to put where... I might come up with more suggestions later, as for now I need some time to think at least..

As for merging the German and English part I think it is a very good idea ! I hope it will help to keep German-speakers more in touch with English-speakers ! It is sad that for now we rarely come across each others...

No other suggestion for now, except maybe the chat we mentioned some time ago, but well, the idea was never put into action so maybe there are good reasons against it...
LacriWelt Minister of Free Dance

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 20:09:17 »
Quote from: "MelissaFrance"
Hello dear Admins !
Well, as for merging subforums, I am totally in favour of it for the subforums  that are very rarely used in particular, like Fanpages and Fanforums maybe could both be merged in Inside ! And also Specials seems a bit useless to me, I think we can put it with Offtopic ? But it will be difficult to choose what to put where... I might come up with more suggestions later, as for now I need some time to think at least..

As for merging the German and English part I think it is a very good idea ! I hope it will help to keep German-speakers more in touch with English-speakers ! It is sad that for now we rarely come across each others...

No other suggestion for now, except maybe the chat we mentioned some time ago, but well, the idea was never put into action so maybe there are good reasons against it...

MelissaFrance Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 20:10:13 »
Sorry, I didn't notice we can't edit posts here...  :oops:

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 20:45:34 »
1. I think that the merging of sub-parts wouldn't be too much of a problem as most of the parts are just mixed anyway.

2. I personally would find it a pity when the german part would die this irreversable dead ... in the end Lacrimosa is a German-speaking band and has brought many people to learning this language, taking it out of the forum in this way I think it would be a pity ... on the other side it would take away the division there is now... but would it be like in the earlier forum where there's just mixed speech? And German as well as English being part of this forum or would German just don't be allowed anymore? If the latter than I'm certainly against... cause with that you'd scare away the remaining few  German-writing people who recently showed that they'd want to make the German part relive a bit...

3. as for other suggestions ... I've been thinking this over as the discussion was brought up in the German part of the forum ... and I think that indeed the part that's missing in the German part is the "small-talk" subjects which we have masses off in the mixed part (cause I believe that's where most activity is situated right? the off-topic section of the mixed forum; seems English cause most active users here use English indeed) ...

- My suggestion is to create a lacrimosa-related part (for the disc-discussions, artwork-discussions,tours, fan-art, etc) and a non-lacrimosa related part call it offtopic (for the small-talks, the games, etc.) either for both languages separated or for both languages mixed (but I remember from the beginning of this forum that it was quite a mess when people started writing languages through each other)

- another suggestion is to make a separate part for introductions of new people so they easily find their way to introduce themselves when they first arrive here.

- limit for the avatar size in any case I think as well as for the signature-size if that were possible.

edit:
I'm also in for the Chat-idea that's been introduced before.
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Helen Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
  • Try to find me.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 20:46:22 »
1)I fully support both of these solutions,even I used to separate all parts of the forum (outside,inside and so on..),but it would be not bad if everything was in one piece,maybe because I don't understand the differences between them and for what they'd done.

2)So,I fully support the idea - to get away German language and to make only English,because all LacriWelt speaks in English for the greatest understanding,and it's not very nice for me sometimes to read any topic with some posts with huge texts in German.
Although I love and respect German language,but here it should not to be,I think.Maybe only for some administers.

3)Back the PMs please!!

This is my own opinion.
Speak English, dress Italian, kiss French, fuck German, be Russian.

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 20:51:02 »
Quote from: "Kitty"
- limit for the avatar size in any case I think as well as for the signature-size if that were possible.

+1000000000000    8)    some of these are just  :roll:  at the moment
all dogs are great, but mine is absolutely 100% the greatest dog who ever dogged!

Felisa Offline ru

• Forenguru
  • The Minister of Information Technologies
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 20:54:44 »
My views:

1) I agree about merging German and English part - as Melissa already said it will keep us more close.

2) About merging Outside, Inside, etc. - I'm not sure it will be good. It keeps forum more structured for my opinion and helps to find some topics more easily.

3) PLEASE, SWITCH the Announcements section into read-only mode for ordinary users! I think only admins should create new topics there.

4) Merging Lacrimosa-Fanclubs and Lacrimosa-Fanpages is also a good idea in my opinion.

5) Maybe it could be possible to create a separated section for Lacriwelt? For all topics which connected with it - anniversaries, projects, ministers meetings, Lacrinights, etc.

6) Not directly about forum's structure, but - could you make some restricts for avatar's size? Maybe not to small like on other forums (100x100) but in some reasonable borders....

And thank you, dear Admins, for this opportunity to share our thoughts about forum's structure!!
A PROUD MEMBER OF GHOST FAMILY!

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Re: Forum structure - share your opinions
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 20:58:36 »
Quote from: "Lux Aeterna"
As for German part... that's not my business coz I don't write in german, but we all could notice that german part is used rarely. The main language of communication is english (and, save us God from admin's team anger  - russsian ;) )

yes, but russian is not allowed here, if i remember the rules   ;)   and making it allowed wouldn't be fair towards the rest of the people here because then we would need spanish as well and then nobody would ever understand anyone ...

*shuts up*  just my opinion, don't want to argue, before someone misunderstands me   ;)

Lady Valentina Offline ru

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 20:59:30 »
Thank Matze and you, Julia, for this topic.

1. I like this sub-parts, but some of them are no necessary. For example, Who am I and Meet & Greet

2. Well, I even don`t know...I think, we should ask our German speaking friends. For me personally - we can.

3. I like Felisa`s view about Lacriwelt-section. May be, we can create a section where we spent Lacrinights, hold contests, meetings, there will be our Constitution? Of course, all this forum is Lacriwelt, but a separate section will be just more comfort  to use.
You can curse the Darkness,but you can ignite the Light Proud Minister of Inspiraton

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 21:04:57 »
Quote from: "Lady Valentina"

3. I like Felisa`s view about Lacriwelt-section.

and Carolina`s too.
*I`m blind today, indeed*
You can curse the Darkness,but you can ignite the Light Proud Minister of Inspiraton

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 21:18:55 »
Quote from: "Lady Valentina"
Thank Matze and you, Julia, for this topic.

and Kitty - for topic in german section!

*just now noticed) *

schwarze Seele Offline de

• Major Forenfreak
  • Draußen dreht sich alles nur im Kreis
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 21:30:49 »
I ´m very dissapointed about the people who wrotes that the German part to get away here in this Forum. It`s a pitty. You forgot that Lacrimosa is a German speaking Band and there texts are also written in German. Thank you very much.  :(

Dark greetings.
Grüße aus der Unterwelt.

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 21:33:37 »
Quote from: "schwarze Seele"
I ´m very dissapointed about the people who wrotes that the German part to get away here in this Forum. It`s a pitty. You forgot that Lacrimosa is a German speaking Band and there texts are also written in German. Thank you very much.  :(

Dark greetings.

yeah indeed. Lacrimosa is a german speaking band on first place, and saying things like "we don't need the german part" sounds as if you minded Tilo's lyrics which are also in german.

to everyone who thinks we don't need a german part:
i don't speak german and i don't understand much, but i really think we should keep the german part. not everyone understands english here, and that might be the main reason we don't see them writing often, you know?