Author Topic: LACRIWELT QUOTES/THOUGHTS  (Read 17316 times)

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
Antw:LACRIWELT QUOTES/THOUGHTS
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2014, 13:38:47 »
Don't know where it's from or who invented it... I picked it up in social media somewhere and try to apply whenever I get heated nerves by something that doesn't lay within my responisbility (eventhough people try to make it mine)...

Not my shit ... not my monkeys...

Reminds me that everyone should take care of their own struggles in first place and makes me see those who heat my nerves as a monkey... laughter is the best medicine to reduce anger ;)
When you can dream it, you can do it!

Sunny Offline ua

• Forenmeister
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2014, 21:38:11 »
"The question of guilt is as purposeless as the one of compunction".
"The Devil" by Alfred Neumann

The translation is mine. Yet the sense is eternal.
... nothing ever comes of nothing - we pay a price for all our choices made © Sean Brennan

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2015, 14:39:48 »
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:25 »
the comparison of a glass of water to problems from a teacher in Philosophy

"the absolute weight of the glass of water doesn't matter, it depends on how long I hold it which creates the problem. When I hold a glass of water for a minute it won't be any issue, when I hold it an hour I might already feel it in my arm, when I keep it the entire day I might actually feel hurt in my arm. The longer I hold it the heavier it'll be to hold it.  Troubles work the same way, when you think of it for a minute it's no problem, but the longer you think of it the more hurt you'll feel... if you think of it the entire day it will bring me into an emotional state of coma and I won't be able to take action either way. So it's important to let go off troubles as soon as you can: accept the situation as it is whether you can take action right away or only in future focus on what is possible in the NOW and let go of all the rest ... in other words: don't forget to put down the glass of water from time to time."

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2015, 09:25:14 »
When you stop blaming other people for your pain and take full responsibility no matter what the cause of hurt is, you gain the absolute power over your own life, your own thoughts and your own emotions - wayne dyer.

=> as long as you blame people for how you feel (because of things they said or things they did) you give them power over you... where in fact what they say/do and how you decide to think about it (and accordingly feel) and react to it are two separate states... one belongs to your partner, one belongs to yourself... keep to yourself what belongs to yourself and leave what's from the other with the other. In other words if one explodes towards you give them the right to do so, but don't take it in... how he deals with anger is his full responsibility... as it is your very own when you yourself explode in anger.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2015, 14:14:34 »
When you get the choice between being kind or right... choose to be kind.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:54 »
St. Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2016, 10:34:48 »
Keep your face to the sunshine and you can't see the shadows - H. Keller

egonSchiele Offline

• Just poppin more
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2017, 22:17:00 »
Oh, this is so cool I just need to put it somewhere (why not here?). Explains a lot (at least to me).

Quote from: Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Coldness spells the end of any relationship. If you want to kill something, just be cold to it. As soon as one becomes frozen in feeling, thinking, or action, relationship is not possible. When humans want to abandon something in themselves or leave someone else out in the cold, they ignore them, disinvite them, leave them out, go out of their way to have to even hear their voice or lay eyes upon them.