Author Topic: Last seen movie  (Read 49109 times)

EkaterinaCat Offline ru

• First Forenmeister
Antw:Last seen movie
« Reply #660 on: January 10, 2016, 20:53:14 »
Yes, the movie is not really the worst. Both in terms of fear, and in terms of quality.
I liked the beginning of the film is more than the end. The start was tense, and the end - more like a second-rate thriller with bad scenery and costumes.
From my point of view it is a one-time movie.
“I'm no crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” Cheshire Cat

Yasmin Nurmi Offline br

• Major Forenkenner
  • DAS HERZ IST MIR MEIN KOMPASS...
« Reply #661 on: January 11, 2016, 04:24:02 »
Incredible movie!  :)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:25:52 by Yasmin Nurmi »
Lacrimaniacos Brazilian Fanclub Coordinator - http://lacrimaniacos.webs.com

Fernanda Alves Offline br

• Forenhase
  • Sprechen ist ein täglicher Kampf gegen die Angst..
« Reply #662 on: January 11, 2016, 05:03:51 »

Well, I went to the movies last Saturday. It's a great movie, I think. No villains, no good guys. It's just different. This is what fascinates me: the script is different.
I just didn't like the bloody sea in this movie, it's awful, but I think it's just Tarantino's style.
"This is my sole prayer for blessing your heart"... ♫

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #663 on: May 03, 2016, 14:13:04 »
Yesterday night I watched this movie as recommended by my French teacher (in class we were reading an excerpt from the book it is based on). I ended up crying (which is not a big surprise if you know me really well), and still feel very sad. It is a very touching story, abrupt, as life itself. Now I will definitely read the book.

Trailer -- https://youtu.be/rOppyeJRznI
It always looks like a straight line outside when everything is bent inside.

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #664 on: May 25, 2016, 14:06:56 »
Watched this one... feel so sorry. But isn't it multilayered? Life, its vibe vs Reason, social norms; and yet your feelings against expectations of your circle, of your parents. Your life goals against someone else's life. I don't want to think more on this -- unsettles and hurts something within. It is a sad, beautiful movie about a strong woman, and a very thoughtful man -- and time passing by.

Preview: https://youtu.be/RUxJx773WgA
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 14:10:53 by WalkAbout »

WalkAbout Offline fr

• Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #665 on: August 04, 2016, 08:59:55 »
Watched yesterday the Cafe Society, it's a great movie, truly feels like that epoche (at least in the sense of what I felt when reading the Great Gatsby and similar works), and funny, and with good music, and with certain jokes you would understand if you somehow happen to know a bit of yiddish and diaspora thinking  ;D ;D ;D STRONGLY Recommend watching! Especially with the original soundtrack !

As for the plot... it might seem easy if you don't dwell a bit on it.

Kitty Offline be

• Global Moderator
  • Forenlichtgestalt
« Reply #666 on: September 26, 2016, 10:18:34 »
Yesterday we watched Batman Begins, they played it on television on Saturday and we recorded it... had been a long time ... but I do like the underlying morals in the story.

It's simple things like the following that make me fall in love with a movie like this:

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share. => That's why it's so importent. It separates us from them.
And then the final conclusion "I'm not gonna kill you, but I don't need to safe you neither". which shows that compassion is good but it has boundaries.

That and the fact we all have our fears to conquer but the strength to do so.
When you can dream it, you can do it!